What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

Social Experiement: To Stand or Not to Stand (no Kaepernick)

VIBE
VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
In this social experiment, everyone in the room is in on it, with the exception for one person.

Every time they hear a beep, everyone gets up and stands very briefly and sits back down.

Question is, would you also stand?

I know everyone will said they wouldn't fall for this, but this has more to do with just simply following.

Comments

• mryounggun
    mryounggun Loading up my Grey Matter Glock Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Naw, I ain't standing for that 🤬 .
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta STFUMembers Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lmfao my lazy ass gon be like "aye wtf y'all doin" while in sittin down
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Damn...I can't say whether I would stand or not cuz I just don't know. I would hope that I would at least ask ppl around me why they were doing it instead of just following along for nothing.

I think most ppl would ask, but if there's no clear answer, just, "we stand when it beeps", then I would probably stand, too. Not to follow, but so I don't feel awkward or have anxiety about consequences to it. Although, the consequences wouldn't be severe, it's just the thought that would bother me.
  • gh0st
    gh0st Members Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    my aniti-social/introverted ass would have told the chick at the desk I need to take a "business" call and could she call or text me when I'm up I then would have went to the car to play clash of clans until called. I hate packed waiting rooms like that
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven I don't knowMembers Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wouldn't stand because obviously there is no reason to. A beep going off isn't something normal in a waiting room where people are standing for it.
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB all these dollars.. no sense. Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nah..
    i hate bein apart of the crowd..

iv always done my own thing..

infor sure wouldve asked everybody what the 🤬 they was doin tho..
    and if the answer wasnt good enough for me id be damned. lol
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All i know is if im somewhere and I see a bunch of people suddenly take off running im bouncing with them
    Real 🤬 reflexes lol.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trillfate wrote: »
    Conformity

I see a fence though.
  • 32DaysOfInfiniti
    32DaysOfInfiniti Members Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What does it mean there is no fence just a gate? how do you have one without the other
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate "i used to like the Ride more now i like the Race...i used like the Prize more now i like the Chase" Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What does it mean there is no fence just a gate? how do you have one without the other

A fence is like a wall or barrier.. the gate is the doorway.
  • obnoxiouslyfresh
    obnoxiouslyfresh Still Ginny From The Block Members Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwYlhgyIDok

• Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Conformity

"The trap of thinking"

Do they mean it's bad to think?
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate "i used to like the Ride more now i like the Race...i used like the Prize more now i like the Chase" Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    Conformity

"The trap of thinking"

Do they mean it's bad to think?
    Sheep are predisposed to being followers and doing things the way they are conditioned to, without thought. Maybe that quote means its not necessarily bad but could be dangerous to think if your thoughts differ from the majority