What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

Is there ANY hip hop pioneers that DONT sound dated?

Serious Juice Mayne
Serious Juice Mayne SionGuests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 5,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
Krs one sound like 1989 still in recent "freestyles" and tracks I've heard ... kool mo dee actually sound like he could 🤬 in this generation doesn't sound dated (see art of hip hop) ... anybody else come to mind?

Comments

• Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael IC Hall Of Famer, LOT Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    G rap
    LL Cool J
    Caz
  • Stew
    Stew Rap Music Is My Religion HTTRMembers, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rakim flow and lyrics are still better than most current day spitters, Eric B production obviously sounds dated but that's not a bad thing
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thats a tough question. I still jam to Sugar hill if it comes on. I got some old school to me though. Plenty old school I still fck with but not all the time or anything. Some of that Kurtis Blow I can see sayin it sounds dated, some of the Whodini but 5 minutes of Funk still snappin to me. To give a few examples. So there's a lot of it that still good now to me.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Absence makes the heart grow fonder of someone else Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Queer LGBT CommunityMembers Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • x the unknown
    x the unknown Members Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • numbaz...80's baby
    numbaz...80's baby Members Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Nah Son
    Nah Son Habitual Line Stepper Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rakims flow lyrics and delivery is timeless
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • 313 wayz
    313 wayz Members Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ice Cube

Dr Dre (due to him using ghostwriters)

G Rap

Kane
  • Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only ones i can think of are G Rap and LL
  • gman82
    gman82 Members Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • EyeofAsaru
    EyeofAsaru All Eye See On Clocks is 11:11,11:22,11:33 Voodoo man Members Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Lmao this is how I know you 🤬 are old.

LL? Kane? Kool G Rap?

ir1twpt3w9ot.gif

🤬 have u heard the 4,5,6 album?

Kool g rap be bodying 🤬 ..he can still hang with any of these new 🤬 ..🤬 he could prolly body cole or Kendrick on a track

Btw I'm 26...I'm Not a old head
  • EyeofAsaru
    EyeofAsaru All Eye See On Clocks is 11:11,11:22,11:33 Voodoo man Members Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭
    🤬 like G rap ,slick rick,kane ,and rakim are immortal

They created the styles of the 🤬 that the young era looks up to(jayz,nas,biggie)

• Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael IC Hall Of Famer, LOT Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    edited December 2016
    MARIO_DRO wrote: »
    OUTKAST

YOU CAN STILL BUMP ANYTHING FROM AQUEMINI ON UP AND IT SOUNDS NEW

They said pioneers tho. Rappers from 84-87.

Cube was arguably my favorite from 88. But dudes rhymes been 🤬 butt cheeks since 2000 and up
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MARIO_DRO wrote: »
    OUTKAST

YOU CAN STILL BUMP ANYTHING FROM AQUEMINI ON UP AND IT SOUNDS NEW

They said pioneers tho. Rappers from 84-87.

Cube was arguably my favorite from 88. But dudes rhymes been 🤬 butt cheeks since 2000 and up

LOL @ pioneers being from 84-87.

The pioneers are from 1973-1980
  • MECCA1000
    MECCA1000 Members Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Master Ace ........ while, not a pioneer ...... he's a late 80's rapper that still puts it down

De La Soul ....... also not pioneers ...... but late 80's rappers that pen game is 'steel' sharp

MC Lyte ...... late 80's .....I believe she still has a hot 16 left in the tank

Rev Run ..... a pioneer of rappers with a record deal ....... could quite possibly pen a decent 16 right now
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's a DJ Hollywood freestyle from 2012. For those that don't know, Hollywood was a Harlem DJ in the late 70s when Hip Hop was being born in The Bronx. The Harlem style was distinctly different from The Bronx style.

Personally I'd rather listen to Hollywood over these new jacks.