What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

Sir 🤬 Charles Barkley: "A lot of Black People are Full of 🤬 ."…

stringer bell
stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
https://www.theshadowleague.com/story/charles-barkley-a-lot-of-black-people-are-full-of-s
Charles Barkley was once somewhat derisively called 'Sir Charles'. Despite the royal prefix, which alludes to being polished in social graces and measured in words, Barkley has been known to ruffle the feathers of decorum, both with his actions on the basketball court and verbally with his second career as a sports analyst. Intermittently, he is the source of great controversy for things he says about players, the state of America, and Black people in general.

At times, some of the things that Charles says about the latter seem totally out of touch with the everyday experience of the black man, woman and child. So much so that he is then derided. However, since most of that commentary comes on social media, it's rare that Barkley would even see them.

But if you ever wanna squeeze a good quote out of him, ask Charles Barkley about his critics. I did and here's what happened.

On criticism that he doesn't know basketball:

"You know it's basketball, right? It's not brain surgery. I don't think anybody wants me operating on them. It's probably easier for me to watch college basketball than it is for me to watch the pro game. These players aren't as good as pros. But it's not like I'm doing ankle surgery or doing work at Urgent Care. I'm definitely watching basketball."

On Social Media:

"I'm not a social media guy. Every loser has an opinion, every loser thinks their opinion is important and it's one of he evils of the world. I do no social media whatsoever. Never have, never will. But, hey man, you can't put the toothpaste back in the tube."

On Blacks Who Question His "Blackness":

"I don't worry about that. Listen, my track record speaks for itself. The one thing I've learned as a Black man is everytime I say something that is not 100 percent in agreement with the Black community there's a faction that goes crazy. I don't care about that. People say to me 'Man, did you just give a million dollars to a Historically Black College?''

"I say 'Yeah.' And they say 'Well, why didn't you tell anybody?' and I say 'I'm not trying to impress those 🤬 *ckers.' I just gave Morehouse, Clark Atlanta and Alabama A&M in Huntsville. A million dollars to help black kids go to college. I just gave Auburn two million to recruit black kids. I'm good with my blackness. Listen, man, one thing I understand about being black and famous is a lot of black people are full of 🤬 . I'm good with that."

«134567

Comments

  • Koltrain
    Koltrain Mr. MOMembers Posts: 4,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see no issue here...
  • SolemnSauce
    SolemnSauce Don't wanna go tew hard, Don't wanna upset em, tryta infiltrate I won't let em, naaah I vet em In my skin Members Posts: 15,860 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • ineedpussy
    ineedpussy long hair dont care but bald head dont give a fuck! Members Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
    so why give auburn two milly to recruit black kids? why not just give the rest to those hbcu's to recruit "top talent" so they can get some of that ncaa money. to me this is just a photo op like the hbcu's did with trump. all a ploy
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ineedpussy wrote: »
    so why give auburn two milly to recruit black kids? why not just give the rest to those hbcu's to recruit "top talent" so they can get some of that ncaa money. to me this is just a photo op like the hbcu's did with trump. all a ploy

    Auburn is his Alma Mater. Why shouldn't he support it?

    And did you read all of what was posted? He said he wasn't the one that made it public that he gave that money to the HBCUs, so how could it have been a photo op? Barkley does say some coonish things, but he's true to himself. He's no the type to lie to court favor with anyone. MJ was his best buddy and they aren't even friends anymore because Chuck was honest on air about MJ's ability as an executive.
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Nothing left to prove Bay Area, CAMembers Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Barkley:
    Im not gonna tell these people what I did because I'm not trying to impress them by telling them....all this stuff I proceed to tell everybody (including them) in front of a microphone right now"

    Lebron:
    Let me apologize to my wife out the blue for something she didn't ask and doesn't know why.....in order for her to ask me "why" so I have the opportunity to explain the 🤬 on my mind, to you.

  • Beta
    Beta #FastFamily Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He only said this about black people because he got asked about black people...

    Y'all don't read and try too hard
  • 7figz
    7figz Still don’t nothing move but the money Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exactly why you don't make statements like that.

    People so comfortable making these broad generalizing statements about Black people because MFs are quick to allow it with 🤬 like "It's kind of true" ...

    That 🤬 is ignorant / misguided at best or just outright cooning / self-hate, when you say the 🤬 like that, like it's some inherent Black-specific characteristic.

    MFs don't even stop to think "Is this something that only applies to Black people ? Are all (or even most) Black people like this ?"
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He made good points. I think we need more of this. Part of What gets me is the people that act like they think somebody is going to agree with them completely and say exactly what they want them to say. Thats not how people are. Also the people who dont look at whats really being said. Knee jerkers and whatnot. The emotional type "he said what?" like to jump to conclusions quickly. A lot of stuff thats discussed online, is dissolved and nonexistent offline. I agree with the social media thing I dont do none of that either. Good point about gotta recognize loser behavior. He basically nailed it.
  • 7figz
    7figz Still don’t nothing move but the money Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    A lot of black ppl are full of 🤬
    A lot of white ppl are full of 🤬
    A lot of Asian ppl are full of 🤬

    Too bad the MF ain't say that, or simply left out the "Black people" part.

    That's where people be 🤬 up nowadays. Low-key shittin on Black people at every turn.
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    A lot of People are full of 🤬
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    7figz wrote: »
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    A lot of black ppl are full of 🤬
    A lot of white ppl are full of 🤬
    A lot of Asian ppl are full of 🤬

    Too bad the MF ain't say that, or simply left out the "Black people" part.

    That's where people be 🤬 up nowadays. Low-key shittin on Black people at every turn.

    He was being asked about black people though. He didn't have to say that because Asian and White people aren't calling him a 🤬 every time he says something against the status quo. You can call the man a 🤬 , but don't misrepresent what he's saying.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited March 2017
    Barkley:
    Im not gonna tell these people what I did because I'm not trying to impress them by telling them....all this stuff I proceed to tell everybody (including them) in front of a microphone right now"

    Lebron:
    Let me apologize to my wife out the blue for something she didn't ask and doesn't know why.....in order for her to ask me "why" so I have the opportunity to explain the 🤬 on my mind, to you.



    You're completely removing the context. Barkley says alot of stupid 🤬 , but he said what he said in the context of the conversation. It wasn't bragging, it was to prove the point of the question he was answering.
  • 7figz
    7figz Still don’t nothing move but the money Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    7figz wrote: »
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    A lot of black ppl are full of 🤬
    A lot of white ppl are full of 🤬
    A lot of Asian ppl are full of 🤬

    Too bad the MF ain't say that, or simply left out the "Black people" part.

    That's where people be 🤬 up nowadays. Low-key shittin on Black people at every turn.

    He was being asked about black people though. He didn't have to say that because Asian and White people aren't calling him a 🤬 every time he says something against the status quo. You can call the man a 🤬 , but don't misrepresent what he's saying.

    1. Because he ain't Asian / White obviously.

    2. People don't need to misrepresent what he says because he constantly says coonworthy 🤬 .

    3. He should be able to answer a question intelligently without generalizing / disparaging Black people. No excuses for a MF who continuously does the 🤬 .
  • skpjr78
    skpjr78 Members Posts: 7,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Koltrain wrote: »
    I see no issue here...

    This is the most sensible thing I've heard Barkley say in years.
  • 7figz
    7figz Still don’t nothing move but the money Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    7figz wrote: »
    7figz wrote: »
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    A lot of black ppl are full of 🤬
    A lot of white ppl are full of 🤬
    A lot of Asian ppl are full of 🤬

    Too bad the MF ain't say that, or simply left out the "Black people" part.

    That's where people be 🤬 up nowadays. Low-key shittin on Black people at every turn.

    He was being asked about black people though. He didn't have to say that because Asian and White people aren't calling him a 🤬 every time he says something against the status quo. You can call the man a 🤬 , but don't misrepresent what he's saying.

    1. Because he ain't Asian / White obviously.

    2. People don't need to misrepresent what he says because he constantly says coonworthy 🤬 .

    3. He should be able to answer a question intelligently without generalizing / disparaging Black people. No excuses for a MF who continuously does the 🤬 .

    1) Well, if you understand that, what's your point? Why would he make a point of bringing up what white and asians do when the conversation is specifically about how he's perceived by blacks?

    2) Ok, if that's true, why are you going out of your way to take what he's saying here out of context?

    3) He's not generalizing. He's talking about a specific group of black people. Either you didn't actually read what he's said and are just commenting based on his history, or you really need to up your reading comprehension game. For goodness sake, he outright states exactly who he's talking about. There is nothing general at all about his comments. Again, you don't have to like them and you can call him a 🤬 , but at least call him that because of what he's saying and not for some 🤬 you're basically making up.

    And sometimes a 🤬 is a 🤬 .

    Why didn't he address it specifically to the Black people he was asked about ? Or just say "people are full of 🤬 ."

    It was his choice to make it into a negative generalization about "a lot of" Black people.

    And what are you referring to being made up ?