What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

Switch is the Fastest Selling Video Game System in Nintendo History, Zelda 100%+ Attach Rate

focusfocus The #1 Nigga, I Don't Need No Hype.Members Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2017 in IllGaming
Nintendo Switch Becomes the Fastest-Selling Video Game System in Nintendo History

Nintendo Switch, the new home gaming system that people can also take on the go, has sold faster in its launch month than any other video game system in Nintendo history. The Nintendo Switch system sold more than 906,000 units in March, according to the NPD Group, which tracks video game sales in the United States. That makes Nintendo Switch one of the fastest-selling video game systems of all time. Notably, this sales surge was accomplished in a nontraditional month for a console launch.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild game sold over 1.3 million units*. That total includes more than 925,000 units sold for Nintendo Switch
and nearly 460,000 units sold for Wii U.
«1

Comments

  • focusfocus The #1 Nigga, I Don't Need No Hype. Members Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Somebody on here said Horizon Zero Dawn would outsell Zelda lol
  • BroddieBroddie just me and my bitch NYCMembers Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Expect Zelda to launch with every Nintendo platform from here on out. It used to be Mario back in the day but the last 2 platforms they launched with Zelda (Wii and Switch) sold gangbusters out the gate. So It's a given.
  • CeLLaR-DooRCeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cudda been the fasted sellin' console ever if they'd made enough of them.
  • HundredEyes HundredEyes Members Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ill antfuck/nitpick aswell and say its the fastest selling console in murican history...not the world. Big difference.

    Suprised @The Lonious Monk didnt take the bait... Ill take his place and say that on this day, Horizon ZD still sold more (due to the larger ps4 console base) than Zelda and its actually an amazing game and why are we hating on great games mr.focus?
  • The Lonious MonkThe Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ill antfuck/nitpick aswell and say its the fastest selling console in murican history...not the world. Big difference.

    Suprised @The Lonious Monk didnt take the bait... Ill take his place and say that on this day, Horizon ZD still sold more (due to the larger ps4 console base) than Zelda and its actually an amazing game and why are we hating on great games mr.focus?

    Honestly, I'll argue about a lot of 🤬 on this site, but I don't really understand the console wars. Pick the console you like and play the games you want. What do people get out of battling over what console is the best. PS4 is the most widespread. Scorpio is the most powerful. Switch is the most innovative. They all have plusses and minuses. There shouldn't be a need to exaggerate or misrepresent 🤬 .
  • focusfocus The #1 Nigga, I Don't Need No Hype. Members Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    🤬 got real humble once the numbers came in lol

    REMINDER: Im the only 🤬 on this board that has all 3 consoles
  • focusfocus The #1 Nigga, I Don't Need No Hype. Members Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ill take his place and say that on this day, Horizon ZD still sold more (due to the larger ps4 console base) than Zelda and its actually an amazing game and why are we hating on great games mr.focus?

    Yea, of course Horizon sold more out the gate...larger install base, Switch/Zelda supply constraints. I was just saying ultimately Zelda will sell more, and someone took offense. I dont know why. Its a fact.
  • The Lonious MonkThe Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    focus wrote: »
    🤬 got real humble once the numbers came in lol

    REMINDER: Im the only 🤬 on this board that has all 3 consoles

    Also the only 🤬 dumb enough to be fighting over this 🤬 . If you got all three, how about you try playing them once in a while.
  • focusfocus The #1 Nigga, I Don't Need No Hype. Members Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    focus wrote: »
    🤬 got real humble once the numbers came in lol

    REMINDER: Im the only 🤬 on this board that has all 3 consoles

    Also the only 🤬 dumb enough to be fighting over this 🤬 . If you got all three, how about you try playing them once in a while.

    Says the guy with 24,000 posts to my 5,000....even though you joined a year later lolol.

    🤬 I dont be on this 🤬 lol.

    Why dont you get a 🤬 life and stop worrying about what other muthfuckas are doing lol.

    ztx16pd9dzmc.jpg
  • Negro_CaesarNegro_Caesar Fuck Bitches Get Money Members Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The switch worth the buy?
  • The Lonious MonkThe Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    focus wrote: »
    focus wrote: »
    🤬 got real humble once the numbers came in lol

    REMINDER: Im the only 🤬 on this board that has all 3 consoles

    Also the only 🤬 dumb enough to be fighting over this 🤬 . If you got all three, how about you try playing them once in a while.

    Says the guy with 24,000 posts to my 5,000....even though you joined a year later lolol.

    🤬 I dont be on this 🤬 lol.

    Why dont you get a 🤬 life and stop worrying about what other muthfuckas are doing lol.

    ztx16pd9dzmc.jpg

    What does that have to do with anything. I said try playing your games once in a while. I didn't say anything about your posting on here. You're an idiot.
  • The RecipeThe Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The switch worth the buy?
    The switch worth the buy?

    bysl958h6qtd.gif

    Unless your a Mario or Zelda fanboy or you just wanna play those same titles for the umpteenth time on slightly better but still gimmicky hardware.
  • The ProdigalsonThe Prodigalson Members, Writer Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    focus wrote: »
    🤬 got real humble once the numbers came in lol

    REMINDER: Im the only 🤬 on this board that has all 3 consoles

    naw b.
  • The ProdigalsonThe Prodigalson Members, Writer Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • vagrant-718vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure majority of us could own all 3 consoles if we wanted to. I know for me I don't have the time to devote to 3 consoles so I stick with one
  • brown321brown321 Members Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The switch worth the buy?

    It is if you 🤬 with nintendo games. If not then wait and see what happens.
  • The Lonious MonkThe Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    cvps28bv1pxb.jpg

    I see you got a PSVR. Are you getting Farpoint? It's supposed to have a co-op mode.
  • focusfocus The #1 Nigga, I Don't Need No Hype. Members Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    I'm sure majority of us could own all 3 consoles if we wanted to. I know for me I don't have the time to devote to 3 consoles so I stick with one

    Im not so sure, but fine. Its just weird to see people who only own one console calling people who have them all fanboys, and/or making bold statements about consoles that they themselves do not own.

    BTW, the Switch inherently solves the "time management" issue or whatever. Ive put dozens and dozens of hours into Zelda, yet my routine has not changed simply because of the hybrid nature of the system.

    So, to the dude who asked if Switch is worth getting, I'll just say that it is exactly as advertised. The marketing is accurate. If that appeals to you, you'll love it. It truly is a game changer, no pun...

    Of course, you couldn't buy one if you wanted to right now. Should tell you something.
  • The Lonious MonkThe Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought the Switch in dock mode was supposed to be on par with the PS4 and XB1. I hadn't paid that much attention, but that's what the Nintendo fanboys were saying early on.



    Based on this vid, there is a pretty big gap in capability. They basically had alter the graphics of the game, set the bar lower for FPS, and it still struggles when action picks up. This doesn't really matter of course. The Switch could be successful off the strength of Nintendo first party development alone. The dual use nature of it is also a good selling point. So it's not really an issue for customers. However, developers making multiplat games have to be smart. DF basically concluded that for this game in particular, quality was hurt by the attempt to try and push it as close to possible to the PS4 version. Shouldn't affect the first party games at all though, and I guess that's what really matters.
  • focusfocus The #1 Nigga, I Don't Need No Hype. Members Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    I thought the Switch in dock mode was supposed to be on par with the PS4 and XB1.

    Well then you're an idiot for thinking that. *shrugs*
  • The Lonious MonkThe Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    focus wrote: »
    I thought the Switch in dock mode was supposed to be on par with the PS4 and XB1.

    Well then you're an idiot for thinking that.

    If by idiot, you mean uninformed, then yes, you're right. There was no reason for me to believe that the Switch wouldn't be that powerful given that the PS4 and XB1 themselves aren't exceptionally powerful and I hadn't bothered to check specs and was just going by outdated hearsay.
  • focusfocus The #1 Nigga, I Don't Need No Hype. Members Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    So you' re suddenly concerned with raw power again?

    Ok. Thats different from last week...

    We'll see if you remember that Digital Foundry page when Scorpio comparisons start popping up
  • The Lonious MonkThe Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    focus wrote: »
    So you' re suddenly concerned with raw power again?

    Ok. Thats different from last week...

    We'll see if you remember that Digital Foundry page when Scorpio comparisons start popping up

    No, I'm not concerned with raw power. I know reading is hard for you, but try a little harder to do it correctly. My point was not that raw power mattered for the Switch to be a quality system. I clearly said that it didn't. My point was that developershave to be smarter than Square was in this case when developing multi-plats. If you actually watched the video, you'd know what I'm talking about.

    I'll say the same thing when Scorpio came out that I said when PS4 was winning all the DF comparisons. That 🤬 doesn't matter. I want the system that has more games I like.
  • focusfocus The #1 Nigga, I Don't Need No Hype. Members Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your opinion or focus changes with the wind so who knows. I watched the video days ago, its not news for me, nor am I as ignorant to basic game development as many of you all seem to be, so im not learning as much.

    The fact that you even thought for a second, based on hearsay or whatever, that the PS4 or XBO could be a Switch like portable device in 2017 is evidence of this for me.

    Breaking news! A brand new system is harder to develop for than one that is 4 years old. Shocking!

    Jus saying, its irritating when people of lesser knowledge continue to challenge you.

    Man, I really want a BOTW Guardian amiibo. Sold out everywhere.
  • The Lonious MonkThe Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    focus wrote: »
    Your opinion or focus changes with the wind so who knows. I watched the video days ago, its not news for me, nor am I as ignorant to basic game development as many of you all seem to be, so im not learning as much.

    The fact that you even thought for a second, based on hearsay or whatever, that the PS4 or XBO could be a Switch like portable device in 2017 is evidence of this for me.

    Breaking news! A brand new system is harder to develop for than one that is 4 years old. Shocking!

    Jus saying, its irritating when people of lesser knowledge continue to challenge you.

    Man, I really want a BOTW Guardian amiibo. Sold out everywhere.

    My focus hasn't changed at all. None of these game companies are paying me, so I don't give a 🤬 about brands. I've said that from the start and have never swayed from it. I picked the PS4 because it had the 🤬 I wanted to play at the time (e.g., Bloodborne). If XB1 and a better line on games like that, I would have went with it.

    I'm not sure what the 🤬 you're talking about when you say I thought the PS4 or XBO could be a switch like portable device. That doesn't even make sense based on what I said. What I did say was that thought based on early rumors that in dock mode, the performance of the Switch could have been comparable to the PS4. If you think that's not possible, then you clearly don't know what the 🤬 you're talking about considering the facts that the PS4 and XB1 were considered by many to be underpowered when they were first announced, have already been eclipsed by upgrades, and that there is a very real gap that is already present between the Switch's dock and tablet modes.

    Lastly, no one challenged you, you felt the need to respond to a general post I made. And again, I didn't post that video to show that PS4 is more powerful because I don't care about that and don't believe Switch needs to be the most powerful system to be successful. I posted it because it gave a pretty good example of a pitfall for third party developers. The problem wasn't that they didn't no how to develop for the switch. The problem is that they were trying to get the visuals as close as they could to the PS4 version instead of sacrificing some of that for better and more consistent performance.
Sign In or Register to comment.