What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

Big Boi: An Outkast-ATCQ Joint Album Was “Definitely Happening”

achewon87
achewon87 Mash Out PosseSurvivor Series '97Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
Big Boi stopped by hip-hop radio station Hot 97 late last week to discuss his newest solo album Boomiverse. He also made a revelation that most music fans would have loved to listen to had it come to fruition.

The Dungeon Family member told hosts Laura Stylez and Peter Rosenberg that Outkast and A Tribe Called Quest was in the midst of creating a collaboration album. However, Phife Dawg’s untimely death changed the course of the plans.

“Q-Tip flew to Atlanta with Ali Shaheed Muhammad, we all met at Dre’s house,” the ATLien said of getting the wheels in motion on A Tribe Called ‘Kast, which Andre 3000 mentioned would have been the name of the album during Phife’s memorial service in 2016.

“We got to the point of picking out beats for the album. Then, some kind of way, everybody started doing stuff, and then Phife… you know. It definitely was happening, though.”

Fear not: Big Boi said that he and Phife cut a few tracks when the late-MC visited the recording studio, Stankonia, and exclaimed that he’s hoping to release some time in the future.

Check out his comments around the 8:30 mark.

http://www.vibe.com/2017/06/outkast-atcq-joint-album-possibility/

Comments

• Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Only Christopher I acknowledge is Wallace At the 36th chamberMembers Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I rather not heard about this. I hate teases
  • goldenja
    goldenja Members Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I heard Dre on "Kids," I had a feelin' they were in talks.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey mikeyismod CHITOWN THE BEST TOWNMembers, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY King of Myself Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stew wrote: »
    They picked beats out and everything

ne5qzn2wasiv.gif

This...
  • power_wisdom
    power_wisdom Members Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Put that 🤬 out!!!!
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw this but didn't make a thread because 🤬 everything
  • JonnyRoccIT
    JonnyRoccIT . . . Player Shit ONLY . ZONE 6 Atlanta, GAMembers Posts: 14,389 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Put that 🤬 out!!!!

🤬 it never came into fruition
  • JonnyRoccIT
    JonnyRoccIT . . . Player Shit ONLY . ZONE 6 Atlanta, GAMembers Posts: 14,389 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Music Gawds have been Cruel AF lately smh
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Mash Out Posse Survivor Series '97Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wasn't Phife working on a solo project before he passed? Wonder what happened to that material?...
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc 16th & UMembers Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    achewon87 wrote: »
    Wasn't Phife working on a solo project before he passed? Wonder what happened to that material?...

I think his wife plans on putting out some projects
  • THE_R_
    THE_R_ Members Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    THIS SHOULD'VE HAPPENED AROUND BEATS, RHYMES & LIFE/ATLIENS ERA
    NOT A JOINT ALBUM, BUT AT LEAST A COLLAB OR SOMETHING...
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Only Christopher I acknowledge is Wallace At the 36th chamberMembers Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    achewon87 wrote: »

Qtip said there's a solo and also they have enough of phifes recordings to make another tribe album even
  • grYmes
    grYmes Diversify your bonds...Members Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate this.
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah right. We STILL haven't got a new Outkast album yet, and Tribe still managed to put out an album before they did.

Fan of Outkast, but they've been bullshitting long enough. Either drop a last album or disband.
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 #Sawse San DiegoMembers Posts: 7,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn. RIP Phife. Let that be a lesson. Time waits for no man.
  • Sion
    Sion Moderator, Legion of Trill, AHH Content Producer, AHH Editor Members, Moderators, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 45,666 Regulator
    Nah I don't believe that 🤬 . I feel like rappers say that all the time whenever a famous rapper passes away. Apparently Snoop and Badazz we're gonna do a duet album with Tupac, Game was gonna do a joint album with Lil snupe *rolls eyes* and Jay or NaS claim one of em was gonna do a duet were gonna do a joint album too.

Nah I'll believe it when I see it.
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY King of Myself Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sion wrote: »
    Nah I don't believe that 🤬 . I feel like rappers say that all the time whenever a famous rapper passes away. Apparently Snoop and Badazz we're gonna do a duet album with Tupac, Game was gonna do a joint album with Lil snupe *rolls eyes* and Jay or NaS claim one of em was gonna do a duet were gonna do a joint album too.

Nah I'll believe it when I see it.

Come on Sion, Game is a known liar.
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish Jay and Nas would make an album.
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn