What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

Secret of Mana Remake Announced For PS4, Vita and Steam

KillaCham
KillaCham M0D SQUAD™Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
Probably my favorite game of all time here. First hour cop!

Square Enix is remaking Secret of Mana. The beloved role-playing game will be released in North America on February 15, 2018.

In August 1993, the game was originally released as Seiken Densetsu 2 in Japan on the Super Famicom (SNES), but sold outside Japan as Secret of Mana.

Earlier this summer, a Mana collection with Final Fantasy Adventure, Secret of Mana, and Seiken Densetsu 3 was released in Japan for the Nintendo Switch. Now the second game in the series is headed to current PlayStation hardware and Steam.

According to Famitsu, this is a full remake with full voice (though Square Enix’s English language press release simply states that the game will have voice-overs), new musical arrangements and other new elements like upgraded gameplay. It will also have local multiplayer on all platforms.

vgr6yujh6p0zfuzcxou6.jpg

yauuz5rakd2xmwcrv1rn.jpg

hjsnyapqx67ktofxavde.jpg

etjvg89xglizzq5ngzsp.jpg

The game is also getting the inevitable limited edition bundle in Japan. No word yet if the North American release will.

Comments

• The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn, I heard about this but thought it was just another port. A remake is dope. They are taxing for it though. I think it will be $40. SoM is one of my all-time favorite games though. I might have to spend that money if it comes to the U.S.
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    coppin
  • Kairo
    Kairo Members Posts: 942 ✭✭✭✭
    Never got a chance to play the original but I'm a Square fanboy so I'll def check out the remake.
  • The Lonious Monk
    It won't happen, but I wouldn't mind a Secret of Evermore remake too.
  • Fosheezy
    Fosheezy AKA Flying Wonders the Diamond Mind Members Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh damn, this is my cuz favorite Squaresoft RPG. He gonna flip.
  • Fosheezy
    edited August 2017
    It won't happen, but I wouldn't mind a Secret of Evermore remake too.

Mannnnnnn....this NEED to happen.. it's one of those games that is still good as it is, but with today's technology a seamless reinterpretation would be even better.
  • Broddie
    Broddie just me and my bitch NYCMembers Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dope. Remake Legend of Mana too while you're at it.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Broddie wrote: »

And SD3 as well. I'm betting a lot of people didn't even get to play that one.
  • Broddie
    Broddie just me and my bitch NYCMembers Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good point. I myself never played it and I had a few Super Famicom games growing up. I just could never find it at any importer in NYC.
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham M0D SQUAD™ Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator

Yeah, it was never officially made for NA. I played the translated ROM of it back in the day on the zSNES emulator. You could make the argument that its just as good as SoM.
  • The Lonious Monk
    They are actually going to update the fighting system for that. Honestly, SoM with improved graphics and a less tedious fighting system will probably be better than the majority of games this generation, even if it isn't getting the FF7R treatment.
  • Fosheezy
    Legend of Mana don't need to be touched imo
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No online multiplayer? Only local?
  • The Lonious Monk
    Fosheezy wrote: »
    Legend of Mana don't need to be touched imo

A graphical update wouldn't hurt it. Other than that, it could stay mostly unchanged.