What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

The emasculation of the Black Man continues...

13

Comments

  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    jetlifebih wrote: »
    LUClEN wrote: »
    jetlifebih wrote: »
    Again it’s the representation....i realize that 🤬 are here to stay but.....

    There are 10 shows with black males that have a reoccurring role, there is no reason why 7 out of the 10 are 🤬 2 are docile and the one brother who appears to represent the behavior of the average black male has 2 baby mommas and a ged....

    They are misrepresenting black males on national television as 🤬 and or dysfunctional

    You made up those numbers. What are the actual numbers?

    I don’t watch scheduled programming

    Then you shouldn't use that as the basis for your stance because its easily disproven
  • ghostdog56
    ghostdog56 Members Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭✭✭
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    SneakDZA wrote: »
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    ghostdog56 wrote: »
    LordZuko wrote: »
    Trollio wrote: »
    25 year old clippers? Them blades gotta be rusty and yo hairline gotta have jagged edges

    gopp6vxmmzjd.jpeg

    0ekvmvkd6iy3.gif

    Always SMMH at that gif!

    So let's say you're at a funeral and that 🤬 were to happen... do you clap? What's the correct protocol?

    I'd get up and leave. I paid my respects.

    I will say this if I know the person well enough to come to the conclusion this is something they would've wanted or be OK with I wouldn't leave but I damn for sure ain't clapping for it.

    Here is the whole video. I never saw it before. That 🤬 is insane to me.

    Lol I never seen the whole video. But that 🤬 was dope to me
  • ghostdog56
    ghostdog56 Members Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ghostdog56 wrote: »
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    SneakDZA wrote: »
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    ghostdog56 wrote: »
    LordZuko wrote: »
    Trollio wrote: »
    25 year old clippers? Them blades gotta be rusty and yo hairline gotta have jagged edges

    gopp6vxmmzjd.jpeg

    0ekvmvkd6iy3.gif

    Always SMMH at that gif!

    So let's say you're at a funeral and that 🤬 were to happen... do you clap? What's the correct protocol?

    I'd get up and leave. I paid my respects.

    I will say this if I know the person well enough to come to the conclusion this is something they would've wanted or be OK with I wouldn't leave but I damn for sure ain't clapping for it.

    Here is the whole video. I never saw it before. That 🤬 is insane to me.

    Lol I never seen the whole video. But that 🤬 was dope to me

    According to the comments under the video that was not a funeral but a funeral home convention
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi DragonstoneMembers, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    SneakDZA wrote: »
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    SneakDZA wrote: »
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    ghostdog56 wrote: »
    LordZuko wrote: »
    Trollio wrote: »
    25 year old clippers? Them blades gotta be rusty and yo hairline gotta have jagged edges

    gopp6vxmmzjd.jpeg

    0ekvmvkd6iy3.gif

    Always SMMH at that gif!

    So let's say you're at a funeral and that 🤬 were to happen... do you clap? What's the correct protocol?

    I'd get up and leave. I paid my respects.

    I will say this if I know the person well enough to come to the conclusion this is something they would've wanted or be OK with I wouldn't leave but I damn for sure ain't clapping for it.

    Here is the whole video. I never saw it before. That 🤬 is insane to me.

    See... this is why i'm getting cremated. I know too many b-boys. Y'all not about to be boogie poppin and lockin with my mortal remains.

    Save that 🤬 for the wake after the 🤬 comes out.

    🤬 all that. If my fam and friends don't arrange that for my funeral they aint really love me. If they drop the casket that's on them 🤬 , not me. I'm already dead 🤬 more damage could they do
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    not a war on men but a war on black masculinity.. they already replaced us as the head of our household...
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Not even on social media BUT.... I'M SWAGGIN SO HARD I FUCKED THE GRAM UPMembers Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SneakDZA wrote: »
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    SneakDZA wrote: »
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    ghostdog56 wrote: »
    LordZuko wrote: »
    Trollio wrote: »
    25 year old clippers? Them blades gotta be rusty and yo hairline gotta have jagged edges

    gopp6vxmmzjd.jpeg

    0ekvmvkd6iy3.gif

    Always SMMH at that gif!

    So let's say you're at a funeral and that 🤬 were to happen... do you clap? What's the correct protocol?

    I'd get up and leave. I paid my respects.

    I will say this if I know the person well enough to come to the conclusion this is something they would've wanted or be OK with I wouldn't leave but I damn for sure ain't clapping for it.

    Here is the whole video. I never saw it before. That 🤬 is insane to me.

    See... this is why i'm getting cremated. I know too many b-boys. Y'all not about to be boogie poppin and lockin with my mortal remains.

    Save that 🤬 for the wake after the 🤬 comes out.

    🤬 all that. If my fam and friends don't arrange that for my funeral they aint really love me. If they drop the casket that's on them 🤬 , not me. I'm already dead 🤬 more damage could they do

    Write it in your will Gabs!!!
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Not even on social media BUT.... I'M SWAGGIN SO HARD I FUCKED THE GRAM UPMembers Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    aneed123 wrote: »
    not a war on men but a war on black masculinity.. they already replaced us as the head of our household...

    That is some 🤬 too many black men ALLOWED to happen IMO
  • jono
    jono Right fist = power, left fist = unity Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jetlifebih wrote: »
    Again it’s the representation....i realize that 🤬 are here to stay but.....

    There are 10 shows with black males that have a reoccurring role, there is no reason why 7 out of the 10 are 🤬 2 are docile and the one brother who appears to represent the behavior of the average black male has 2 baby mommas and a ged....

    They are misrepresenting black males on national television as 🤬 and or dysfunctional

    For starters, its not up to any fictional characters to "represent" anyone.
    Secondly, there's millions of black males in the country. It's impossible to "represent" then anyway.

    Fictional characters aren't spokesman for your race, sexuality or gender
  • Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    aneed123 wrote: »
    not a war on men but a war on black masculinity.. they already replaced us as the head of our household...

    That is some 🤬 too many black men ALLOWED to happen IMO

    Years in the making. Slave masters removed Black men from the home. Govt. assistance programs required Black men to leave the home. Many did so that their families could have a chance. In addition to mass incarceration which, was also designed to remove the Black man from the home.

    Problem is, we haven't wised up and still fall victim.
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Not even on social media BUT.... I'M SWAGGIN SO HARD I FUCKED THE GRAM UPMembers Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Kwan Dai wrote: »
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    aneed123 wrote: »
    not a war on men but a war on black masculinity.. they already replaced us as the head of our household...

    That is some 🤬 too many black men ALLOWED to happen IMO

    Years in the making. Slave masters removed Black men from the home. Govt. assistance programs required Black men to leave the home. Many did so that their families could have a chance. In addition to mass incarceration which, was also designed to remove the Black man from the home.

    Problem is, we haven't wised up and still fall victim.

    Not denying any of that but the bold is more where I was coming from.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Boy, I tell you that's vision Like Tony Romo when he hitting Witten Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kwan Dai wrote: »
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    aneed123 wrote: »
    not a war on men but a war on black masculinity.. they already replaced us as the head of our household...

    That is some 🤬 too many black men ALLOWED to happen IMO

    Years in the making. Slave masters removed Black men from the home. Govt. assistance programs required Black men to leave the home. Many did so that their families could have a chance. In addition to mass incarceration which, was also designed to remove the Black man from the home.

    Problem is, we haven't wised up and still fall victim.

    and in many way complicit sadly.
  • jono
    jono Right fist = power, left fist = unity Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LUClEN wrote: »
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    The more I look at 🤬 like this the more I see it’s a war on men.

    You know what? I don't know if it's a war on men or men are just becoming weirdos by traditional standards. These dudes been out here wearing makeup for a while. The fact that they just now started putting it into marketing doesn't really change that.

    Masculinity is changing. I've dropped my theory a few times already, but I'll say it again: you guys need to realize the changes that have taken place since the sexual revolution. The pill, which liberates women in their sex lives, is well known to affect hormones to such an extent that it will completely change the kind of guys women are attracted to: instead of chiseled jaw lines, muscles, and power they refer softer features and revile obvious displays of masculinity. Ever notice liberal women tend to be into softer dudes than Conservatives? It's a weird coincidence that the group which attacks masculinity the most is also the one most likely to be on the pill.

    Now, consider how much estrogen we expose kids to nowadays due to the growing prevalence of hormones in the food and the piles of research that confirm plastic disrupts androgens in humans and you get a population of men with lower testosterone and a population of women willing to carry their seed.

    Alright ill take my tinfoil hat off.

    "Masculinity is inherently problematic" -- Da Feminists.

    It's not changing what women want or are attracted to. The idea that a man has to he some gritty G.I. Joe character might be changing but that's mostly due to cultural phenomena.

    Some of the gender roles have been changing because culturally one can make more money in white collar jobs. Because the money and safety is in jobs where you won't die or get maimed, men are less into traditional male roles like building, fixing, and other manual labor jobs.

    That doesn't mean attraction is changing.

    Dudes that look like Prince still only appeal to a small number of women. All that androgynous, metrosexual, genderqueer stuff isn't all that appealing. You just see more of it in entertainment.

    Women still want traditional dudes because security and being a provider is still highly valued. The only difference is that the provider is not guaranteed to look a certain way anymore.
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Sion Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LUClEN wrote: »
    jetlifebih wrote: »
    It’s difference between emasculating yourself and your race being represented on public platforms as dumb, feminine, a joke, drug dealer, junkie, flunkie more often than a well respected/ put together man...

    We just want regular brothers on tv that represent the general or average african American male, it’s so many 🤬 and feminine 🤬 on tv people will associate this 🤬 with being a black man....just your everyday brother not a soft over dramatic acting female no make up wearing metrosexual...no over aggressive fake thug...no 🤬 with 2-4 kids....just a everyday dude trynna make it...

    But all we see is the Tyler Perry lee Daniels representation...and now the new age But still misleading representation of a fake black middle class that is often seen in issa raes works of art..... but

    Isn't that exactly the problem though? People are extrapolating these ideas onto the average african american rather than giving african americans the freedom to be whatever they want?

    In theory you are correct....the reality IS that people do extrapolate these ideas onto the average african American so if people do, and are acting accordingly to what they see on tv, then we need to change that image

    blackrain wrote: »
    jetlifebih wrote: »
    It’s difference between emasculating yourself and your race being represented on public platforms as dumb, feminine, a joke, drug dealer, junkie, flunkie more often than a well respected/ put together man...

    We just want regular brothers on tv that represent the general or average african American male, it’s so many 🤬 and feminine 🤬 on tv people will associate this 🤬 with being a black man....just your everyday brother not a soft over dramatic acting female no make up wearing metrosexual...no over aggressive fake thug...no 🤬 with 2-4 kids....just a everyday dude trynna make it...

    But all we see is the Tyler Perry lee Daniels representation...and now the new age But still misleading representation of a fake black middle class that is often seen in issa raes works of art..... but

    All we see? Don't be dramatic. There's other representations of black men in the media and on tv.

    I don’t know what’s so hard about understanding the average black male character being docile 🤬 or dysfunctional....out of 10 7 are dysfunctional...didn’t say there weren’t other representations...what i am saying is that the most common representation is a dysfunctional one..
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Sion Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    blackrain wrote: »
    jetlifebih wrote: »
    LUClEN wrote: »
    jetlifebih wrote: »
    Again it’s the representation....i realize that 🤬 are here to stay but.....

    There are 10 shows with black males that have a reoccurring role, there is no reason why 7 out of the 10 are 🤬 2 are docile and the one brother who appears to represent the behavior of the average black male has 2 baby mommas and a ged....

    They are misrepresenting black males on national television as 🤬 and or dysfunctional

    You made up those numbers. What are the actual numbers?

    I don’t watch scheduled programming

    Then you shouldn't use that as the basis for your stance because its easily disproven

    Disprove it then...
    jono wrote: »
    jetlifebih wrote: »
    Again it’s the representation....i realize that 🤬 are here to stay but.....

    There are 10 shows with black males that have a reoccurring role, there is no reason why 7 out of the 10 are 🤬 2 are docile and the one brother who appears to represent the behavior of the average black male has 2 baby mommas and a ged....

    They are misrepresenting black males on national television as 🤬 and or dysfunctional

    For starters, its not up to any fictional characters to "represent" anyone.
    Secondly, there's millions of black males in the country. It's impossible to "represent" then anyway.

    Fictional characters aren't spokesman for your race, sexuality or gender
    I agree in theory, but again there is a reality here that you are ignoring....you sound like females who say women should be able to wear whatever and not face harassment....i agree....but the reality is you can’t wear what you want and not face harassment....thats the reality....if you wear a lace dress best believe somebody is going to say something inappropriate....take your head out of candy land
  • Fosheezy
    Fosheezy AKA Flying Wonders the Diamond Mind Members Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    SneakDZA wrote: »
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    ghostdog56 wrote: »
    LordZuko wrote: »
    Trollio wrote: »
    25 year old clippers? Them blades gotta be rusty and yo hairline gotta have jagged edges

    gopp6vxmmzjd.jpeg

    0ekvmvkd6iy3.gif

    Always SMMH at that gif!

    So let's say you're at a funeral and that 🤬 were to happen... do you clap? What's the correct protocol?

    I'd get up and leave. I paid my respects.

    I will say this if I know the person well enough to come to the conclusion this is something they would've wanted or be OK with I wouldn't leave but I damn for sure ain't clapping for it.

    Here is the whole video. I never saw it before. That 🤬 is insane to me.

    Wow

    These dudes did the raise-the-knee, hold it for a second, extend-leg kick out and hold it for two seconds, step. The whole way walking just to go get the casket.
















    giphy.gif
  • jono
    jono Right fist = power, left fist = unity Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jetlifebih wrote: »
    blackrain wrote: »
    jetlifebih wrote: »
    LUClEN wrote: »
    jetlifebih wrote: »
    Again it’s the representation....i realize that 🤬 are here to stay but.....

    There are 10 shows with black males that have a reoccurring role, there is no reason why 7 out of the 10 are 🤬 2 are docile and the one brother who appears to represent the behavior of the average black male has 2 baby mommas and a ged....

    They are misrepresenting black males on national television as 🤬 and or dysfunctional

    You made up those numbers. What are the actual numbers?

    I don’t watch scheduled programming

    Then you shouldn't use that as the basis for your stance because its easily disproven

    Disprove it then...
    jono wrote: »
    jetlifebih wrote: »
    Again it’s the representation....i realize that 🤬 are here to stay but.....

    There are 10 shows with black males that have a reoccurring role, there is no reason why 7 out of the 10 are 🤬 2 are docile and the one brother who appears to represent the behavior of the average black male has 2 baby mommas and a ged....

    They are misrepresenting black males on national television as 🤬 and or dysfunctional

    For starters, its not up to any fictional characters to "represent" anyone.
    Secondly, there's millions of black males in the country. It's impossible to "represent" then anyway.

    Fictional characters aren't spokesman for your race, sexuality or gender
    I agree in theory, but again there is a reality here that you are ignoring....you sound like females who say women should be able to wear whatever and not face harassment....i agree....but the reality is you can’t wear what you want and not face harassment....thats the reality....if you wear a lace dress best believe somebody is going to say something inappropriate....take your head out of candy land

    In reality, fictional characters don't represent anyone.

    Also, women should be able to dress how they want without harassment.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    jetlifebih wrote: »
    LUClEN wrote: »
    jetlifebih wrote: »
    It’s difference between emasculating yourself and your race being represented on public platforms as dumb, feminine, a joke, drug dealer, junkie, flunkie more often than a well respected/ put together man...

    We just want regular brothers on tv that represent the general or average african American male, it’s so many 🤬 and feminine 🤬 on tv people will associate this 🤬 with being a black man....just your everyday brother not a soft over dramatic acting female no make up wearing metrosexual...no over aggressive fake thug...no 🤬 with 2-4 kids....just a everyday dude trynna make it...

    But all we see is the Tyler Perry lee Daniels representation...and now the new age But still misleading representation of a fake black middle class that is often seen in issa raes works of art..... but

    Isn't that exactly the problem though? People are extrapolating these ideas onto the average african american rather than giving african americans the freedom to be whatever they want?

    In theory you are correct....the reality IS that people do extrapolate these ideas onto the average african American so if people do, and are acting accordingly to what they see on tv, then we need to change that image

    blackrain wrote: »
    jetlifebih wrote: »
    It’s difference between emasculating yourself and your race being represented on public platforms as dumb, feminine, a joke, drug dealer, junkie, flunkie more often than a well respected/ put together man...

    We just want regular brothers on tv that represent the general or average african American male, it’s so many 🤬 and feminine 🤬 on tv people will associate this 🤬 with being a black man....just your everyday brother not a soft over dramatic acting female no make up wearing metrosexual...no over aggressive fake thug...no 🤬 with 2-4 kids....just a everyday dude trynna make it...

    But all we see is the Tyler Perry lee Daniels representation...and now the new age But still misleading representation of a fake black middle class that is often seen in issa raes works of art..... but

    All we see? Don't be dramatic. There's other representations of black men in the media and on tv.

    I don’t know what’s so hard about understanding the average black male character being docile 🤬 or dysfunctional....out of 10 7 are dysfunctional...didn’t say there weren’t other representations...what i am saying is that the most common representation is a dysfunctional one..

    You throwing out random numbers on something you admit you don't pay attention to...
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Sion Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jono wrote: »
    jetlifebih wrote: »
    blackrain wrote: »
    jetlifebih wrote: »
    LUClEN wrote: »
    jetlifebih wrote: »
    Again it’s the representation....i realize that 🤬 are here to stay but.....

    There are 10 shows with black males that have a reoccurring role, there is no reason why 7 out of the 10 are 🤬 2 are docile and the one brother who appears to represent the behavior of the average black male has 2 baby mommas and a ged....

    They are misrepresenting black males on national television as 🤬 and or dysfunctional

    You made up those numbers. What are the actual numbers?

    I don’t watch scheduled programming

    Then you shouldn't use that as the basis for your stance because its easily disproven

    Disprove it then...
    jono wrote: »
    jetlifebih wrote: »
    Again it’s the representation....i realize that 🤬 are here to stay but.....

    There are 10 shows with black males that have a reoccurring role, there is no reason why 7 out of the 10 are 🤬 2 are docile and the one brother who appears to represent the behavior of the average black male has 2 baby mommas and a ged....

    They are misrepresenting black males on national television as 🤬 and or dysfunctional

    For starters, its not up to any fictional characters to "represent" anyone.
    Secondly, there's millions of black males in the country. It's impossible to "represent" then anyway.

    Fictional characters aren't spokesman for your race, sexuality or gender
    I agree in theory, but again there is a reality here that you are ignoring....you sound like females who say women should be able to wear whatever and not face harassment....i agree....but the reality is you can’t wear what you want and not face harassment....thats the reality....if you wear a lace dress best believe somebody is going to say something inappropriate....take your head out of candy land

    In reality, fictional characters don't represent anyone.

    Also, women should be able to dress how they want without harassment.
    Maybe your reality is distorted....

    Where do you think cacs got the feeling that blacks were going to steal their pocketbooks?

    Perceived realism

    https://library.uoregon.edu/sites/default/files/data/guides/english/howard_journal_communications.pdf
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Black men wasnt replaced by anyone but themselves.


  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    aneed123 wrote: »
    not a war on men but a war on black masculinity.. they already replaced us as the head of our household...

    That is some 🤬 too many black men ALLOWED to happen IMO

    some did but child support and gov assistance make sure a man cant live there for her to get it
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Not even on social media BUT.... I'M SWAGGIN SO HARD I FUCKED THE GRAM UPMembers Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    aneed123 wrote: »
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    aneed123 wrote: »
    not a war on men but a war on black masculinity.. they already replaced us as the head of our household...

    That is some 🤬 too many black men ALLOWED to happen IMO

    some did but child support and gov assistance make sure a man cant live there for her to get it

    Of course I wasn't speaking in absolutes.

    I 100% agree with what you are saying and also in some of those cases with child support and welfare the man forced that woman to do that by not handling his business.

    I've personally seen some bitter 🤬 not take a man to court because he ALWAYS handled his business in regards to his kids so him not being in house he was still the head of the household cause decisions still ran through him. I've also seen some women no matter what the man did take him to court and put him on paper.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Boy, I tell you that's vision Like Tony Romo when he hitting Witten Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    aneed123 wrote: »
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    aneed123 wrote: »
    not a war on men but a war on black masculinity.. they already replaced us as the head of our household...

    That is some 🤬 too many black men ALLOWED to happen IMO

    some did but child support and gov assistance make sure a man cant live there for her to get it

    agreed but there were actions and decisions made along the way that made falling through a trap door possible..

    child support shouldnt be one of these things that everyone has to go through forging meaningful partnerships with the mother/father of ones child... a whole family unit is paramount however.. the way men and women are socialized and behave within these relationships is reason why many people find their-selves in the situations they are in...

  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Absence makes the heart grow fonder of someone else Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    LUClEN wrote: »
    I want to work mining. It pays well and it's way out in the middle of nowhere away from all the annoying people. I work downtown right now and being in the middle of a metropolitan city is the worst.

    I don't think 🤬 ass dudes would do those jobs. Your average metrosexual isn't interested in getting his hands 🤬 .

    You ain't gotta be peak masculinity to be a plumber, electrician, firefighter, or farmer. Metrosexuals and lames be in the gym too so the physicality in some industries (like construction) in itself isn't really the issue. Those jobs in particular I feel like ppl go into as a combination of they grew up around it and where they are.

    I think mining, steel, certain duties in the marines and on oil fields are inherently manly tho.

    Being in the gym does not mean you are strong or embody masculine ideals of power and endurance, though. There are a lot of women in my gym that can't even lift their own body weight. I see a lot of office types that the treadmill, stay on the machines, and their bodies show it. They would struggle with my job lifting glass panels while suspended10+ stories off the ground, and my job is not anywhere near as demanding as needing to be able to lift a 250lb man through a burning building, with full gear on.

    You are hugely misrepresenting the strength of feminine dudes. There have been HUGE reductions to the requirements for strength, intelligence, and other traits in a lot of jobs due to the inability for people to meet them. That says a lot about changing trends within the populations

    There's a difference between being in the top 10% of men in terms of these features, and being manly. The group we're talking about, feminine males, are not even in the top 40%, so it really does not say much if those occupations you list are not the most manly since they wouldn't even be the types to 🤬 that you just disparaged, like custodial work.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Absence makes the heart grow fonder of someone else Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jono wrote: »
    LUClEN wrote: »
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    The more I look at 🤬 like this the more I see it’s a war on men.

    You know what? I don't know if it's a war on men or men are just becoming weirdos by traditional standards. These dudes been out here wearing makeup for a while. The fact that they just now started putting it into marketing doesn't really change that.

    Masculinity is changing. I've dropped my theory a few times already, but I'll say it again: you guys need to realize the changes that have taken place since the sexual revolution. The pill, which liberates women in their sex lives, is well known to affect hormones to such an extent that it will completely change the kind of guys women are attracted to: instead of chiseled jaw lines, muscles, and power they refer softer features and revile obvious displays of masculinity. Ever notice liberal women tend to be into softer dudes than Conservatives? It's a weird coincidence that the group which attacks masculinity the most is also the one most likely to be on the pill.

    Now, consider how much estrogen we expose kids to nowadays due to the growing prevalence of hormones in the food and the piles of research that confirm plastic disrupts androgens in humans and you get a population of men with lower testosterone and a population of women willing to carry their seed.

    Alright ill take my tinfoil hat off.

    "Masculinity is inherently problematic" -- Da Feminists.

    It's not changing what women want or are attracted to. The idea that a man has to he some gritty G.I. Joe character might be changing but that's mostly due to cultural phenomena.

    Some of the gender roles have been changing because culturally one can make more money in white collar jobs. Because the money and safety is in jobs where you won't die or get maimed, men are less into traditional male roles like building, fixing, and other manual labor jobs.

    That doesn't mean attraction is changing.

    Dudes that look like Prince still only appeal to a small number of women. All that androgynous, metrosexual, genderqueer stuff isn't all that appealing. You just see more of it in entertainment.

    Women still want traditional dudes because security and being a provider is still highly valued. The only difference is that the provider is not guaranteed to look a certain way anymore.

    "It's not changing what women want or are attracted to. The idea that a man has to he some gritty G.I. Joe character might be changing but that's mostly due to cultural phenomena."

    Preferences are affected by biology, most notably hormone exposure.

    1
    2
Sign In or Register to comment.