What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

Ma$e - The Oracle (Cam’ron Diss), Cam'ron responds with Dinner Time

1454647484951»

Comments

  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    EmM HoLLa. wrote: »
    blackrain wrote: »
    EmM HoLLa. wrote: »
    blackrain wrote: »
    EmM HoLLa. wrote: »
    I dont remember the minute mark.. But Ma$e said that this is about a video.. And he kinda downplayed it.. It's like man after 20 years this video is where our issues are?.. I have an issue with that..

    Ma$e mentions in the video that he wore Cam's clothes.. So a 🤬 that gave you clothes to wear.. As soon as you get on you charge him for a video?.. And expect him to let it go?.. I wish Angie would have plodded more on that..

    If you my man.. And u held me down.. And I get on.. Ima make sure you straight.. That's what real 🤬 do.. Yes you've grown.. But don't act like Cam is crazy for feeling the way he felt. He held you down and you had the power to change his life and you did it but not really. Charging that man for a video is a slap in the face in my opinion. If he did that video all of this wouldn't even be going on. Made said that he's grown so maybe he isn't the same person.. But growth doesnt negate what you've done in your past. You still have to deal with the Karma that comes along with what you've done. Outside of that I feel him.. This is a dope interview.. Many layers and no one is perfect.. But Ma$e needs to understand where Cam is coming from as it pertains to that video..

    It's still a business at the end of the day and Cam would have been using Mase's name and image to further his own profile. There's money to be made from that and it's only right Mase got something out of that...and given how high profile Mase was then according to what both of them have said he gave Cam a crazy discount from what he could have actually charged him. Didn't Mase also say in that video he's the one who helped Cam get his deal from jump? What else is he supposed to do...do every Cam feature and video for free forever?

    We fundamentally disagree.. Ma$e shouldn't have charge Cam 🤬 because of their relationship prior.. Cam wasn't some other rapper they were supposed to be friends/fam.. According to Ma$e Cam would give him clothes and stuff. That doesn't count for anything?. SMH..

    He got that 🤬 his deal. Was he supposed to never charge Cam for anything ever? What about now 20 years later. Had they not fallen out should Mase owe Cam 20 years of free features?

    Again we fundamentally disagree. If we came up together I'm not going to charge you. It's as simple as that. Ma$e should have done better in my opinion.

    Wasn't this what happened w hov and jaz? The old hook me up cause we cool 🤬 . This is a tough one. You can argue mase was foul, but you can also argue that mase knew the business
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    EmM HoLLa. wrote: »
    blackrain wrote: »
    EmM HoLLa. wrote: »
    blackrain wrote: »
    EmM HoLLa. wrote: »
    blackrain wrote: »
    EmM HoLLa. wrote: »
    I dont remember the minute mark.. But Ma$e said that this is about a video.. And he kinda downplayed it.. It's like man after 20 years this video is where our issues are?.. I have an issue with that..

    Ma$e mentions in the video that he wore Cam's clothes.. So a 🤬 that gave you clothes to wear.. As soon as you get on you charge him for a video?.. And expect him to let it go?.. I wish Angie would have plodded more on that..

    If you my man.. And u held me down.. And I get on.. Ima make sure you straight.. That's what real 🤬 do.. Yes you've grown.. But don't act like Cam is crazy for feeling the way he felt. He held you down and you had the power to change his life and you did it but not really. Charging that man for a video is a slap in the face in my opinion. If he did that video all of this wouldn't even be going on. Made said that he's grown so maybe he isn't the same person.. But growth doesnt negate what you've done in your past. You still have to deal with the Karma that comes along with what you've done. Outside of that I feel him.. This is a dope interview.. Many layers and no one is perfect.. But Ma$e needs to understand where Cam is coming from as it pertains to that video..

    It's still a business at the end of the day and Cam would have been using Mase's name and image to further his own profile. There's money to be made from that and it's only right Mase got something out of that...and given how high profile Mase was then according to what both of them have said he gave Cam a crazy discount from what he could have actually charged him. Didn't Mase also say in that video he's the one who helped Cam get his deal from jump? What else is he supposed to do...do every Cam feature and video for free forever?

    We fundamentally disagree.. Ma$e shouldn't have charge Cam 🤬 because of their relationship prior.. Cam wasn't some other rapper they were supposed to be friends/fam.. According to Ma$e Cam would give him clothes and stuff. That doesn't count for anything?. SMH..

    He got that 🤬 his deal. Was he supposed to never charge Cam for anything ever? What about now 20 years later. Had they not fallen out should Mase owe Cam 20 years of free features?

    Again we fundamentally disagree. If we came up together I'm not going to charge you. It's as simple as that. Ma$e should have done better in my opinion.

    At some point you stop owing a 🤬 . Cam ain't entitled to free verses and collabs from mase forever.

    This was the beginning of thier career. Mase did the record and didn't have the decency to do the video. Yall don't see anything wrong with this? For all of that he could have kept his verses and Cam coulda found another feature or did the record solo.

    Brah, the mase feature is what made that song as popular as it got. That was like an up n coming rapper getting Drake on a hook today. Taking mase off the record was not an option
  • bow to royalty
    bow to royalty Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 Grand wrote: »
    blackrain wrote: »

    At some point you stop owing a 🤬 . Cam ain't entitled to free verses and collabs from mase forever.

    Here's the issue:

    A video shoot takes about a day, maybe two days.

    In a day, Ma$e could do a three shows and make $50,000 per show, thats $150,000. Using the same math, Ma$e could make $300,000 in two days.

    By taking a day off to be in Cam's video Ma$e loses at least $100,000.

    So you can understand why Ma$e would charge Cam's record label. And its not like Cam's label didn't have the money to pay Ma$e.

    This dude wasn't working like that everyday. He had time if he wanted to
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 Grand wrote: »
    blackrain wrote: »

    At some point you stop owing a 🤬 . Cam ain't entitled to free verses and collabs from mase forever.

    Here's the issue:

    A video shoot takes about a day, maybe two days.

    In a day, Ma$e could do a three shows and make $50,000 per show, thats $150,000. Using the same math, Ma$e could make $300,000 in two days.

    By taking a day off to be in Cam's video Ma$e loses at least $100,000.

    So you can understand why Ma$e would charge Cam's record label. And its not like Cam's label didn't have the money to pay Ma$e.

    This dude wasn't working like that everyday. He had time if he wanted to

    He was in the peak of his a career and he was arguably the most successful artist in the history of Hip Hop (judging by radio singles, features and record sales). You'd better believe he was getting 100K+ every day.

    You think Nicki Minaj or Drake can afford to take a day off to be in their homie's video?
  • bow to royalty
    bow to royalty Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 Grand wrote: »
    5 Grand wrote: »
    blackrain wrote: »

    At some point you stop owing a 🤬 . Cam ain't entitled to free verses and collabs from mase forever.

    Here's the issue:

    A video shoot takes about a day, maybe two days.

    In a day, Ma$e could do a three shows and make $50,000 per show, thats $150,000. Using the same math, Ma$e could make $300,000 in two days.

    By taking a day off to be in Cam's video Ma$e loses at least $100,000.

    So you can understand why Ma$e would charge Cam's record label. And its not like Cam's label didn't have the money to pay Ma$e.

    This dude wasn't working like that everyday. He had time if he wanted to

    He was in the peak of his a career and he was arguably the most successful artist in the history of Hip Hop (judging by radio singles, features and record sales). You'd better believe he was getting 100K+ every day.

    You think Nicki Minaj or Drake can afford to take a day off to be in their homie's video?

    Ya. I don't follow them on any social media, but I'd bet I could find them relaxing some days.
Sign In or Register to comment.