What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

Has Kendrick Been Around Long Enough For A Top 10 DOA Discussion?

5 Grand5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2017 in The Reason
Vote Or Die!!!

Has Kendrick Been Around Long Enough For A Top 10 DOA Discussion? 70 votes

Kendrick Is Top 10 DOA
34%
buttuh_beternal soldierSionmiami canesapp08_2001kj_da_midwest_mobstaR.D.Kwan DaiLPastStoneColdMikeyN YO HOODTHIRDSUPREMESuperSoakerBabaaaJonnyRoccITsaracenwireBrideofKillapachá12bck145Zirconium 24 votes
Kendrick Is Not Top 10 DOA
65%
dalyricalbanditsouthsil4lilnawledge_godtexas409leftcoastkevwhatevathehellaneed123nex ginqawshunMECCA1000metal face terroristMoore7sblue_londonspit_fiyatompetrez3CapitalBIbexCeLLaR-DooRCleveland7venty6Cain 46 votes

Comments

• playmaker88playmaker88 Boy, I tell you that's vision Like Tony Romo when he hitting Witten Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Biggie..

• CainCain The audacity of you fuck niggas Cyttorax DimensionMembers, Moderators Posts: 44,543 Regulator
    No
  • GetoBoyGetoBoy M.O.B. Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope only way you can get top 10 consideration this early is if you die
  • D. MorganD. Morgan Not even on social media BUT.... I'M SWAGGIN SO HARD I FUCKED THE GRAM UPMembers Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No he hasn't
  • nex ginnex gin Keep It Simple Stupid Members Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man y'all 🤬 ...smh
  • FedeRICO_FelliniFedeRICO_Fellini Members Posts: 219 ✭✭
    Kendrick in my Top 10 now, and rising

8f5ujnj7525o.gif

I'll only name My Top 5... No Order

NAS
    JAY
    JADA
    PUSHA
    Scarface
  • Built 4 cuban linxBuilt 4 cuban linx Only Christopher I acknowledge is Wallace At the 36th chamberMembers Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure he got enough

But he ain't
  • TheGOATTheGOAT El Coyote unknownGuests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean look at his body of work to Biggies
  • 5 Grand5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bck145 wrote: »
    He has 4 albums....2 classics and 2 really solid albums imo

Thats better than a lot of rappers who are considered in the top 10

LL Cool J has two classics and two really solid albums. The difference is that his career kept going to the point where people stopped checking for him.
  • blackgod813blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope top 32
  • d1al_t0ned1al_t0ne Members Posts: 270 ✭✭
    As dope as Kendrick is, and he is dope, a huge part of his appeal is his being the anti-Drake.
  • LPastLPast Members Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kendrick Is Top 10 DOA
    He's in my top 10. I've heard enough.

• StoneColdMikeyStoneColdMikey mikeyismod CHITOWN THE BEST TOWNMembers, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Kendrick Is Top 10 DOA
    He’s been in the game for 7-8 years now
  • Breezy_KilroyBreezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Idk about DOA but Dot is in my top 10
  • Nechesh358Nechesh358 Members Posts: 276 ✭✭
    he is in the convo for top 10 west coast
  • miami canemiami cane Members Posts: 83 ✭✭
    Kendrick Is Top 10 DOA
    Pac
    Jay
    Biggie
    Nas
    Cube
    Rakim
    Facemob
    3 stacks
    Em
    Kdot

In my humble opinion, Mad City is a Classic, Damn is a classic. Albums that speak to you, tell a story. Really u can say Section 80 and TPAB is speak to the listeners aswell. I cant name a rapper that has drop 4 "dope" albums in a row. Also he didnt stick to a sound or a formula, each album has its own style and message. Kdot is top 10 ... DOA .. all 4 albums have been AOY contenders ... no duds. Who else doing that, or did that?

• bck145bck145 East CoastMembers Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kendrick Is Top 10 DOA
    5 Grand wrote: »
    bck145 wrote: »
    He has 4 albums....2 classics and 2 really solid albums imo

Thats better than a lot of rappers who are considered in the top 10

LL Cool J has two classics and two really solid albums. The difference is that his career kept going to the point where people stopped checking for him.

Who is to say kendricks career doesnt continue?

Ll could be considered top 10....but kendricks bypased some big names like wayne, big, mos def, big pun, eminem, redman, ghostface....all of which are in ppls top 10s
  • natural born sinnersnatural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not yet to me at least....not saying he can't get there. I think he is the best rapper alive right now though
  • Chi SnowChi Snow Night's Watch Castle BlackGuests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    His music ain’t good enough for top 10

Section had zero commercial success, never heard a song from it. TPAB is the most overrated album of this decade.

He dope tho, GKMC a classic and damn is dope.
  • Negro_CaesarNegro_Caesar Fuck Bitches Get Money Members Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kendrick Is Top 10 DOA
    He’s top 10. He has two of the best albums in the last 10 years( GKMC Damn) TPAB is trash to me though. But section 80 is damn near a classic too.
  • DarthRozayDarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    someone slap 5 grand (up to you if you wanna make it look sexy)
  • CeLLaR-DooRCeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He been around for long enough but the output isn't of sufficient quality. I'd say if he continued as he does for another two albums that could be enough. Four/five very good albums