What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

Beat 4 Beat - 9th Wonder or Pete Rock

FosheezyFosheezy AKA Flying Wonders the Diamond MindMembers Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2017 in The Reason
Beat for Beat

I just got this thread idea I wanted to try out. Only one beat allowed per post, but post a beat from the other producer better than the beat in the post above yours. Instrumentals only please. You don’t necessarily gotta start with their best work, just post something you think at minimum is a better beat than the previous posted. Almost like spades.
===========
(READ)
the main point of saying one beat per post is so that the beats posted fall in sequential order alternating between one Pete Rock beat and one 9th Wonder beat at a time, like a battle (In a battle they only get to play one beat before the other guy answer back with his beat.)
it doesn’t matter who post the next one up, but whoever post first let that one ride till someone answer back with the next one after that..and each poster can contribute more than one beat in the thread, but let it only be one poster at a time keeping in mind that the beats must alternate between Pete and 9th. Again we posting a single beat by either Pete or 9th that is harder the previous beat posted, alternating back and forth between Pete and 9th beats.

I want to see if this can become a like an ongoing series...not sure how successful it can be..i'll have to make improvements as we go along

Also go ahead and vote while you at it.

I’m gonna start this off with a beat from Pete even though I think 9th is technically better than Pete at this point.

Pete Rock

Beat 4 Beat - 9th Wonder or Pete Rock 19 votes

Pete Rock
84%
*~queenbee~*a.mannnawledge_godleftcoastkevachewon87king hassanMECCA1000its....JOHN BLab BabyTurfaholicatribecalledgabiBenjaminETHIRDSUPREMEonetoughmiracleRevolver OcelotNechesh358 16 votes
9th Wonder
15%
jonoFosheezyMatike85 3 votes

Comments

• atribecalledgabiatribecalledgabi DragonstoneMembers, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    edited December 2017
    Pete Rock
    This is a good thread idea.

I think 9th is better but I prefer pete rock beats
  • Roster Player #99Roster Player #99 Members Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool idea. Terrible idea for a poll. Even more terrible logic in 9th over Pete even in technical ability, at any point.
  • TurfaholicTurfaholic It's not too complicated, but you're gonna need a bulletproof soul The Bay 2 Sin CityMembers Posts: 20,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pete Rock
    TROY nuff said
  • FosheezyFosheezy AKA Flying Wonders the Diamond Mind Members Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
    9th Wonder
    Cool idea. Terrible idea for a poll. Even more terrible logic in 9th over Pete even in technical ability, at any point.

Trippin. We talking beat for beat. How is 9th not formidable enough for this type of poll?

And how about post a beat better than the one above bruh while you at it lol. You stated an opinion, but show nothing in support of that opinion, with respect towards others view/ears.

• FosheezyFosheezy AKA Flying Wonders the Diamond Mind Members Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
    9th Wonder
    Turfaholic wrote: »
    TROY nuff said

So what you saying is 9th has no beat that can top TROY

Please post beats. We want beats archived in the thread
  • BenjaminEBenjaminE Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pete Rock
    edited December 2017
    9th Wonder
    Interesting I’m digging that Gabi...I don’t know if it was a step down or up tho lol
    The drums on Searching is banging.
  • TurfaholicTurfaholic It's not too complicated, but you're gonna need a bulletproof soul The Bay 2 Sin CityMembers Posts: 20,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pete Rock
    Fosheezy wrote: »
    Turfaholic wrote: »
    TROY nuff said

So what you saying is 9th has no beat that can top TROY

Please post beats. We want beats archived in the thread

Cant beat the GOAT instrumental
    Pete Rock

The sample was so tough Aaron McGruder had to give 🤬 a history lesson
  • leftcoastkevleftcoastkev Nothing left to prove Bay Area, CAMembers Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Pete Rock
    Pete Rock

Jamal - Fades 'Em All

INI - Fakin Jax

Mic Geronimo - Unstoppable

9th Wonder do got some bangers tho
    e.g., Jay Z - Threat, Nipsey - Face the World, Masta Ace - Good Ol Love....to name a few.

9th Wonder
    BenjaminE wrote: »

Never heard that but I got something for that
    edited December 2017
    9th Wonder
    Alright guys, so the main point of saying one beat per post is so that the beats posted fall in sequential order alternating between one Pete Rock beat and one 9th Wonder beat at a time, like a battle (In a battle they only get to play one beat before the other guy answer back with his beat.)
    it doesn’t matter who post the next one up, but whoever post first let that one ride till someone answer back with the next one after that..and each poster can contribute more than one beat in the thread, but let it only be one poster at a time keeping in mind that the beats must alternate between Pete and 9th. Again we posting a single beat by either Pete or 9th that is harder the previous beat posted, alternating back and forth between Pete and 9th beats.

Besides, No one wants to spend time going through a post plastered with multiple beats to listen to at once as it kills the value of the beats and attention we paying. It’s easier to appreciate when just focusing on one at a time.
  • Lab BabyLab Baby Parts Unknown via BrooklynMembers Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pete Rock
    I hope no one 🤬 this up, cuz it's a really good idea. As far as this match up, PR's catalogue is way too deep for 9th. 9th's chop game is impeccable and might win him this for those who don't know better, but PR pioneered that 🤬 .

Someone PLEASE be stupid and debate this... I got one in the chamber.
  • Roster Player #99Roster Player #99 Members Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭✭✭

Trippin. We talking beat for beat. How is 9th not formidable enough for this type of poll?

And how about post a beat better than the one above bruh while you at it lol. You stated an opinion, but show nothing in support of that opinion, with respect towards others view/ears.

9th is cold. But Im just saying, he can't even hold a candle to PR, even technically. This 🤬 PR made a beat off a VHS tape my 🤬 .....he can't be 🤬 with.

oh and I'll even contribute, cuz like I said, i like the idea.

let the intro melt your face real quick

then go to this smooth 🤬

🤬 chopped like .7 second bass lines and sequenced them 🤬 crazy

• Qiv_OwanQiv_Owan Members Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    9TH WONDER JUST DROPPED ZION II!!!!!!

45 TRACKS

🤬 slept good last night

9th Wonder
    Lab Baby wrote: »
    I hope no one 🤬 this up, cuz it's a really good idea. As far as this match up, PR's catalogue is way too deep for 9th. 9th's chop game is impeccable and might win him this for those who don't know better, but PR pioneered that 🤬 .

Someone PLEASE be stupid and debate this... I got one in the chamber.
    I got one for that too...

Nah, you right Pete did invent the chop game though! I just think I like 9th sample decisions/choices better at this point in time. 9th went on Rhythm roulette and killed everyone effortlessly. 🤬 did like 5 beats in 30 minutes. I bet Pete won't dare go on Rhythm roulette.

• THIRDSUPREMETHIRDSUPREME TargSettotheDeathLarkKillaNigga Home of the SlavesMembers Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pete Rock
    9ths did some amazing things but I have to go with Pete.
    edited December 2017
    9th Wonder
    @Roster Player #99 - we are alternating between PR an 9th beats, one beat at a time. You jumped the line and posted 3 Pete Rock beats in one post, right behind a Pete Rock beat that the homie Lab already posted above yours. If I simply wanted to hear all yall favorite PR or 9th beats I would've just made an appreciation thread. This thread is not about that...it's about posting one beat you think is better than the beat above from the opposite producer...so that it alternates back and forth between 9th and Pete. Right now, the beat above is 9th Wonder - The Sun Is In The Sky - instrumental. If yall do this right, it doesn't matter how you voted...you can still post a beat from the other that you think is better. Does that make sense? @Turfaholic

Thanks though, please check the OP I outlined this in case anyone missed it.

9th Wonder
    WHERE MY BEAT HEADS AT?

PLEASE READ THE OP BEFORE POSTING!
  • Revolver OcelotRevolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pete Rock
    BenjaminE wrote: »

I just about to post this 🤬 , but Pete got more fire.

• THIRDSUPREMETHIRDSUPREME TargSettotheDeathLarkKillaNigga Home of the SlavesMembers Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pete Rock
    WHERE MY BEAT HEADS AT?

Bruh...it’s s blowout, no amount of pleading and what not will change that.
    Pete Rock

A personal favorite.

This 🤬 is perfectly Melo dramatic.
    Pete Rock
    Pete Rock

You gotta love 9th though.
    9th Wonder
    WHERE MY BEAT HEADS AT?

Bruh...it’s s blowout, no amount of pleading and what not will change that.

I think this may mainly be because 9th is underrated and because of that not many are familiar with his catalog as a whole. He has gotten progressively better, Pete is on the downstream as of late.