What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

Purely in terms of skill, who's better? Jay Electronica vs. J. Cole.

2»

Comments

• thesynthesis
    thesynthesis Members Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Knomadd wrote: »
    that's a 🤬 hard choice. Jay Elec sounds like Killah Priest with Nas subject matter, & Cole went from sounding like Eminem when he was known as Therapist to now sounding like a Nasty Nas/Illmatic Nas. content wise, Jay. flow wise, Cole. but imma have to go with Jay Elec & not cuz he from New Orleans

the 🤬 , J Cole sounds like Pac, his whole steelo is Pac, thats his favorite rapper, his idol, he been listening to pac since age 9 and his favortie album is the makaveli album.

him and nas having nothing in common...

aint nobody trying to sound like nas in 2010
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    s2jepeka wrote: »
    Lol Yall nggas love some J. Cole...Jay Elec is grown man rap, J. Cole is 'new era' rap...Yes Cole has more energy, but content-wise it aint close...and song-wise it aint close (Elec does have Jus Blaze beats tho)

You should post 'Just Begun' by Reflection Eternal, they both on it (im at work, cant do it)...
  • BobOblah
    edited August 2010
    You know rap is 🤬 up when Diddy adlibs make you nostalgic for back in the day lol
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    BobOblah wrote: »

See, this is the proof right here

If u like 'swag' and 'flow' and all that bullshyt, then j. Cole's energy will 🤬 u, but if u listen to content this thread wouldnt even exist.

Real talk these young cats cant catch Elec's references. They have no clue what Elec is talkin about. Thats the ONLY way this is close...

LMAO @ 'Hmm this is tough'---No,ngga, its not.
  • Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010

jay elec got off on this one.. when u can go toe to toe with a legened, then people should know you're a problem
  • Knomadd
    Knomadd Members Posts: 326
    edited August 2010
    Ounceman wrote: »

jay elec got off on this one.. when u can go toe to toe with a legened, then people should know you're a problem

real! Jay Elec went off that joint. cant help but get buck when that verse bout to come on
  • BobOblah
    edited August 2010

who are you calling a legend? Rae?
  • Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    BobOblah wrote: »
    who are you calling a legend? Rae?

lol, yea man.
  • BobOblah
    edited August 2010
    lol, yea man.

lol. good.
  • Knomadd
    edited August 2010
    Jay Elec bested Rae. but real dope friendly fight would be Jay & GZA, that I would love too see.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Knomadd wrote: »
    Jay Elec bested Rae. but real dope friendly fight would be Jay & GZA, that I would love too see.

I would rather see a Lupe and GZA collabo, Lupe is a modern day GZA imo.
  • Knomadd
    edited August 2010
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    I would rather see a Lupe and GZA collabo, Lupe is a modern day GZA imo.

I concur. I actually would love to see that too. hell, Jay, Lupe, & GZA all on a track would be 🤬 great
  • rose.amoureux
    rose.amoureux Members Posts: 2,046
    edited August 2010
    J. Elec...no competition.
  • lion_heart
    lion_heart Members Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Easily Jay Electronica