What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Do any of you wear cologne to the gym?

Nthngis4vrNthngis4vr Posts: 2,171 ✭✭
edited September 2010 in The Weight Room
This guy walked past me smelling really good but I just thought ' cologne at the gym?? really?'

I see ladies with full makeup on too and that trips me out too.

I guess they could be coming from work or whatever but I was just curious if you guys get dressed up for the gym.

Replies

• BP OIL SPILL FACEBP OIL SPILL FACE Posts: 2,526 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    I don't go to gyms, since we have a mini-gym here at the house, but it doesn't make sense to dress up to go to the gym. That's defeated the purpose. lol
  • shadb33shadb33 Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    I don't go to gyms, since we have a mini-gym here at the house, but it doesn't make sense to dress up to go to the gym. That's defeated the purpose. lol

Some people go on their way to work or from so they may be dressed up...
  • Cleveland7venty6Cleveland7venty6 Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    im sure women hate the smell of cologne + funk. not sexy.

i swear, I shower before the gym, then shower AFTER. when i get home.

its bad as a teen in school and even worse when u an adult and got that super duper funk.

but ive been in the gym for a while so i know the etiquette. just switched and gotta learn their system at this new gym (no water in the workout area).

dont care, but at the same time, u dont wanna come off as the NASTY one.

and thats america.
  • ytownbornytownborn Posts: 420
    edited September 2010
    I shower before the gym and put cologne on then i shower after.Some people need to take their hygiene more serious before you hit the gym.Nothing worst than smelling someone elses funk while im working out.
  • The DiddlerThe Diddler Posts: 17,295 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Nah I just shower before and after... I also bring my own towel... I'm not a fan of MRSA or Staph...

Most folks that wear cologne to the point that you can smell it before they get to you and it still lingers well after the fact are the ones with terrible hygeine and are using the cologne or perfume to mask their odor...

Niggas stayed doing that shit for PT... you smell like Le Male? For real nigga? at 0630?
  • Fundz O' PlentyFundz O' Plenty Posts: 10,382 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Axe body spray>>>>>>>

Works for me.
  • babelbabel Posts: 442 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Yeah, but only one spray. Not trying to overdue it at the gym.
  • DoUwant2go2HeavenDoUwant2go2Heaven When the first trumpet sounds!!!! Agggghhhhhhhhh!!!!!! Babylon the GreatPosts: 10,420 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    I never intentionally wear cologne to go workout. The only reason I would have cologne on while at the gym is if I workout after school. No need to go home and change, when I can just bring my workout gear with me to school and hit it hard after class.
    It's the blood moon season! Joel 2:31-32!

GET OUT OF BABYLON THE GREAT!!!!!!!!!

Go to Jerusalem! 5777

Amen.