What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Rep your Weight-Lifting Routines(sets &reps) and Diet

D-MarcoD-Marco Posts: 4,308 ✭✭
edited September 2010 in The Weight Room
IM trying to start Lifting again. I already have the perfect cardio excercise(insanity will get ur fitness level up quick...like 2 weeks you'll feel different)

ButRep ur routines and whether ur trying to add muscle or get cut. Im trying to a lil of both. I need to get right around 185-195.

Diet- I usually stick to lean meats and oatmeal/protein shakes for breakfast. But need some variety. SO drop some knowledge on a routine I can use to get right quick

Replies

• shadb33shadb33 Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    what kinda shape u in now? then we can tell u whether u should cut or bulk first...
  • Chef_Taylor Chef_Taylor Young King.....pay me in gold Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    As of now in a day ill do 10 sets of 10's lifting 225
    My weakness Beautiful Black Women>

a653763accd13b967064d34578fa769a.jpg

• C.MelendezC.Melendez Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    I want to add weight but Its not happening no time soon due to metabolism smh
    I worked out didn't play ball in 2 months along with beer drinking eating fatty foods protein shakes and went up to 174.....play basketball and last week (2days) and Im back down to my "natural 164 lbs smh.

I do 3 sets of 5 with 235 then drop the weight down to 215 and do 3 sets of 5. after that I do curls powerclings dips shadow boxing with 25 pounds dumbells.

Then I'lll go back in to the bench with 135 and burnout(do as many as I can)

after that I'll go to the mexican rest next to the gym drink a 32 oz eat .....go back to the gym to simple machines weights and more dips and light shit

I do this 3 days a week but off days I still do perfect pushups and military press with 95lbs just to keep in shape
  • J-GUTTAJ-GUTTA Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Always start out with pull ups and push ups I don't know why but I do. But than I always go straight to free weights 1 body part a day when I have time it will be 2 (bi-ceps/tri-ceps, shoulders/chest etc etc). I usually do 3 to 4 sets of 15 to 20. Somedays I'll do drop sets if I want to go tough on myself. I'll incorporate free motion machines too, after weights I always do sit ups and and I finish with 15 minutes of high intensity cardio. Sometimes I'll go to the sauna to get the access water weight off too.

Diet I always drink a low card protein shake no more than 45 minutes after working out and meal wise a lot of lean meats all cooked on a GFG. A lot of whole grain , I drink a lot of crystal light and I have 1 cheat meal a month.
    ice-cream.gif
  • PLASTIC RULESPLASTIC RULES Posts: 1,535 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Bout to start goin' hard again this week, might as well build this week's routine right now (I generally change them erry week).

M-WO1
    T-Run
    W-WO1
    T-Run
    F-WO1
    S-Sprints
    S-Rest

WO1:
    Circuit 1(x3)- Pullups (10), incline bench (10), decline bench (10).
    Circuit 2(x3)- Squat w/ overhead press on bosu (10), squat jumps (10-20), plyometric jump ups (~3-4ft, 10).
    Circuit 3(x3)- Plyometric pushups (10) + freestyle ab routine.

Nutrition will be anything that's fairly healthy that I can get my hands on. Might start taking protein powder again too. May look into creatine or nitric oxide, but I don't really fucc with supps like that.
  • D-MarcoD-Marco Posts: 4,308 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    J-GUTTA wrote: »
    Always start out with pull ups and push ups I don't know why but I do. But than I always go straight to free weights 1 body part a day when I have time it will be 2 (bi-ceps/tri-ceps, shoulders/chest etc etc). I usually do 3 to 4 sets of 15 to 20. Somedays I'll do drop sets if I want to go tough on myself. I'll incorporate free motion machines too, after weights I always do sit ups and and I finish with 15 minutes of high intensity cardio. Sometimes I'll go to the sauna to get the access water weight off too.

Diet I always drink a low card protein shake no more than 45 minutes after working out and meal wise a lot of lean meats all cooked on a GFG. A lot of whole grain , I drink a lot of crystal light and I have 1 cheat meal a month.

Yeah thats what i mean.. I havent lifted in a awhile so Im basically starting over. Should I start with 2 muscles groups a day or do a full body w/out 3 days a week to build up to that. I also just got P90X so I might start there but I heard its mainly for cutting weight.

@Shad- IM like 6 ft 1 and my normal weight is around 190-200 but I balloned up to 215 drinking an eating out. But when I cook at home I normally eat lean meals, oatmeal/english muffin for breakfast chicken or lean steak @ night. (I do need some good ideas for lunch, cuz I mostly skip it and its fuckin up my metabolism)

Appreciate the responses though.
  • J-GUTTAJ-GUTTA Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    No matter what start off light or you''ll be laid up madd hurt if you haven't lifted in a while.
    ice-cream.gif
  • kAjUnkAjUn Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    C.Melendez wrote: »
    I want to add weight but Its not happening no time soon due to metabolism smh
    I worked out didn't play ball in 2 months along with beer drinking eating fatty foods protein shakes and went up to 174.....play basketball and last week (2days) and Im back down to my "natural 164 lbs smh.

I do 3 sets of 5 with 235 then drop the weight down to 215 and do 3 sets of 5. after that I do curls powerclings dips shadow boxing with 25 pounds dumbells.

Then I'lll go back in to the bench with 135 and burnout(do as many as I can)

after that I'll go to the mexican rest next to the gym drink a 32 oz eat .....go back to the gym to simple machines weights and more dips and light shit

I do this 3 days a week but off days I still do perfect pushups and military press with 95lbs just to keep in shape

ha your a hardgainer like me

what you can do is get you a weight gainer for the extra calories to help keep on the weight

or you can try sthis method i got from one of my homies personal trainers and trying eating less meals in bigger portions to slow down ya metabolism

whichever you prefer