What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

How was Jesus a Jew?

jonlakadeadmic
jonlakadeadmic Members Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭
edited October 2010 in R & R (Religion and Race)
I never understood this. Like I understand he was born into a Jewish family, but hes not a Jew, right? I've had countless teachers say that he was Jewish. But dont they believe the savior hasnt come yet? Just dont get it. If anything he should be the first Christian or whatever, unless he didnt even believe in himself.
«1

Comments

  • Skeratch
    Skeratch Members Posts: 1,395 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Jesus was a Dutchman, everybody knows that.
  • jonlakadeadmic
    jonlakadeadmic Members Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Skeratch wrote: »
    Jesus was a Dutchman, everybody knows that.

    a flying dutchman?
  • jonlakadeadmic
    jonlakadeadmic Members Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Mary was Jesus' mother, and Joseph was Mary's Husband plus he was Jewish. But Jesus is not a Jew. Because he wasn't Joseph's son, since Mary never had sex with Joseph until after Jesus come.

    i mean i agree, but my professor had said he was a jew the other day in class...and i had heard that before....just never got it
  • Skeratch
    Skeratch Members Posts: 1,395 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    a flying dutchman?

    Yes, that's how he rose into heaven.
  • KTULU IS BACK
    KTULU IS BACK Banned Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Mary was Jesus' mother,

    Mary was a Jew.

    Jewishness is transmitted through matrilineally.

    So Jesus would have been Jewish regardless of who his dad was.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman ladies please dont fight. E2S is here all night! Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    no such word as matrilineally.

    Although I must retract my last statement, to the t/s...


    http://www.thefreedictionary.com/matrilineally

    🤬 ur stupid.
  • major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    ALRIGHT FUN TIME WITH QUOTES.

    So, Ktulu said this.
    Mary was a Jew.

    Jewishness is transmitted through matrilineally.

    So Jesus would have been Jewish regardless of who his dad was.

    Then you said he was wrong.
    You're wrong but still...

    I must retract my last statement, to the t/s...

    Then you said the same thing Ktulu said. So, you were originally wrong.
    Actually, now that I think about it...

    Jesus' mother (Mary) was a direct descendant of King David, which then, does make Jesus ethnically Jewish as well as inline for the Jewish throne.

    Then E2S pointed out how you are, in fact, stupid, because matrilineally, does, in fact, mean descending from the maternal line. Ya know mother = maternal?

    Then you got butt hurt and had to try a "your mom" joke. While having to mention my name because you are, in fact, butt hurt. He never mentioned you "said there's no such word as matrilineally". WTF does that have to do with anything? OH, thats right, you are, in fact, stupid. So you didnt see WHY he called you stupid, stupid.
    not as stupid as your mom is, for sure...

    and please show where I said there's no such word as matrilineally...lol...you're worse than major stain with that 'no shame' in your overzealous, wackd-out deceit
  • KTULU IS BACK
    KTULU IS BACK Banned Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    i take it back

    jesus was a jew because he was a cheap bastard
  • Skeratch
    Skeratch Members Posts: 1,395 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    i take it back

    jesus was a jew because he was a cheap bastard

    That's why I thought he was a Dutchman.
  • major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    I extend my apologies in not trying to be mean...when telling you I have no control over your low self-esteem and it's issues that cause you to mince my words like a quear's nerd when you delude to what I say bcuz you're mega-🤬 , mad, bcuz I won't spray you w/ a 🤬 splay (no 🤬 )

    LMAO... I used YOUR WORDS. I quoted you and didnt change ANYTHING. Stupid.
  • major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    according to reply#12 here;

    you're a liar.



    ...then, again...

    what's new???

    Are you blind? Here is what he said. Now, show me where that says you "said there's no such word as matrilineally"? Then go ahead and offer me an aplog... nevermind lmao. Its like trying to explain calculus to a puppy.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman ladies please dont fight. E2S is here all night! Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    i think the name its over 2012 means thats the year this 🤬 finally graduates junior high. clearly that is you in your avatar. no adult could be this damn stupid.

    not as stupid as your mom is, for sure...

    and please show where I said there's no such word as matrilineally...lol...you're worse than major stain with that 'no shame' in your overzealous, wackd-out deceit

    you honestly think i dont know you edited your post to delete what i quoted?

    You really are stupid.
  • major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    i think the name its over 2012 means thats the year this 🤬 finally graduates junior high. clearly that is you in your avatar. no adult could be this damn stupid.




    you honestly think i dont know you edited your post to delete what i quoted?

    You really are stupid.

    ahahahahahahahahahaha...
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman ladies please dont fight. E2S is here all night! Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    its over 2012- the christine odonnell of the IC
  • Israelites
    Israelites Members Posts: 280
    edited October 2010
    I never understood this. Like I understand he was born into a Jewish family, but hes not a Jew, right? I've had countless teachers say that he was Jewish. But dont they believe the savior hasnt come yet? Just dont get it. If anything he should be the first Christian or whatever, unless he didnt even believe in himself.

    HE came out of the same lineage of David, David was a true Jew, only the edomites call themselves jew"ish" because they are not the real jews & they know it.. Revelations 2:9 & 3:9 goes in on the false jews & the book of Obadiah speaks on the downfall of the jew"ish" ppl when Jesus returns....

    Judah was the fourth son to Joseph/Israel & anyone that came out of that tribe is considered to be a Jew not jew"ish".. there's 12 tribes of the real Israelites... the fake jews took the 4th tribe & turned it into a religion (judaism).... this is why it states:

    Revelation 5:5
    And one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not: behold, THE LION OF THE TRIBE OF JUDAH , the ROOT OF DAVID, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof.


    &


    Revelation 22:16 (King James Version)

    16I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am THE ROOT & THE OFFSPRING OF DAVID, and the bright and morning star.


    when Jesus returns he's not coming as a lamb but as a Lion to bring destruction on the nations....
  • KTULU IS BACK
    KTULU IS BACK Banned Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Israelites wrote: »
    HE came out of the same lineage of David, David was a true Jew, only the edomites call themselves jew"ish" because they are not the real jews & they know it..

    aint no skin color to being jewish, my 🤬

    why you gotta be a racist like that?
  • And Step
    And Step Members Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Actually, now that I think about it...

    Jesus' mother (Mary) was a direct descendant of King David, which then, does make Jesus ethnically Jewish as well as inline for the Jewish throne.

    Actually, according to the Bible, Lineage is always conferred through the male seed, not the female. And if you read Matthew it describes Joseph as his father through the blood line not Mary. This was one of the many mistakes of the translators that allowed people to believe in the 🤬 Birth nonsense. Yes she was a 🤬 before she became pregnant. She just wasn't one when she became.



    Virgins don't give birth. They do get pregnant however.
  • Israelites
    Israelites Members Posts: 280
    edited October 2010
    aint no skin color to being jewish, my 🤬

    why you gotta be a racist like that?

    not being racist.... the true jews & Israelites were compared to the ethiopians (dark skin), The Most High knew ppl would get everything twisted (since He's the one to put us/Israelites into capitivity amongst all of the other nations) so he likened HIS PPL to the color of Ham's seed (africans)... not too many gentiles (europeans) or edomites (jewsih) can claim to of ethiopian descent.....lol


    Amos 9:7-10 (King James Version)

    7Are ye not as children of the Ethiopians unto me, O children of Israel? saith the LORD. Have not I brought up Israel out of the land of Egypt? and the Philistines from Caphtor, and the Syrians from Kir?

    8Behold, the eyes of the Lord 🤬 are upon the sinful kingdom, and I will destroy it from off the face of the earth; saving that I will not utterly destroy the house of Jacob, saith the LORD.

    9For, lo, I will command, and I will sift the house of Israel among all nations, like as corn is sifted in a sieve, yet shall not the least grain fall upon the earth.



    for the fake jews.....


    Revelation 2:9 (King James Version)

    9I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan.

    the first part is reffering to the REAL Children of Israel/Jacob & the 2nd part is for his brother seed Esau/edomites. & for good measure


    Revelation 3:9 (King James Version)

    9Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.


    what group of ppl have the world accepted as being "jew"ish?
  • Skeratch
    Skeratch Members Posts: 1,395 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Proper exegesis is a 🤬 .
  • And Step
    And Step Members Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Israelites wrote: »
    not being racist.... the true jews & Israelites were compared to the ethiopians (dark skin), The Most High knew ppl would get everything twisted (since He's the one to put us/Israelites into capitivity amongst all of the other nations) so he likened HIS PPL to the color of Ham's seed (africans)... not too many gentiles (europeans) or edomites (jewsih) can claim to of ethiopian descent.....lol

    Amos 9:7
    Are ye not as children of the Ethiopians unto me, O children of Israel? saith the LORD. Have not I brought up Israel out of the land of Egypt? and the Philistines from Caphtor, and the Syrians from Kir?



    for the fake jews.....


    Revelation 2:9 (King James Version)

    9I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan.

    the first part is reffering to the REAL Children of Israel/Jacob & the 2nd part is for his brother seed Esau/edomites. & for good measure


    Revelation 3:9 (King James Version)

    9Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.


    what group of ppl have the world accepted as being "jew"ish?

    You all might want to leave this dude alone. Because he actually seems like he knows the scriptures and can defend it scripturally.

    Stay in your historical, academic, and atheist lanes.
  • KTULU IS BACK
    KTULU IS BACK Banned Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Israelites wrote: »
    Ham
    the flood didn't happen

    ham didn't exist
    not too many gentiles (europeans) or edomites (jewsih) can claim to of ethiopian descent
    All human beings are from that general area. Humans evolved from apes in the heart of Africa.
  • KTULU IS BACK
    KTULU IS BACK Banned Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    and in context, that verse isn't saying the jews are ethiopian lol

    its saying 🤬 isn't more bound to the jews than he is to the ethiopians, the philistines, or any other group of people and that leading them out of egypt (which also never historically happened) was no more significant than taking those other groups out of those other locations

    but i understand that racist blacks will cling to anything that appears to discredit white people of any stripe, jew or otherwise
  • And Step
    And Step Members Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010

    All human beings are from that general area. Humans evolved from apes in the heart of Africa.

    Yes. and No.
  • jonlakadeadmic
    jonlakadeadmic Members Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    And Step wrote: »
    Yes. and No.

    dont just say yes and no

    explain lol
  • Israelites
    Israelites Members Posts: 280
    edited October 2010
    and in context, that verse isn't saying the jews are ethiopian lol

    its saying 🤬 isn't more bound to the jews than he is to the ethiopians, the philistines, or any other group of people and that leading them out of egypt (which also never historically happened) was no more significant than taking those other groups out of those other locations

    but i understand that racist blacks will cling to anything that appears to discredit white people of any stripe, jew or otherwise

    I didn't say the jews were ethiopian (their two different nation of ppl), I said they have the same skin color (Israelites were compared to them), lol

    if your saying it means that, it must be true then...dang

    not racist man, i have NO PROBLEM W/ANY OTHER NATIONALITY OF PEOPLE ON THIS EARTH...BUT IF THAT'S WHAT YOU WANT TO BELIEVE TO MAKE YOURSELF FEEL BETTER THAT'S FINE BY ME.



    read & take heed

    Amos 9:7-15 (King James Version)

    7Are ye not as children of the Ethiopians unto me, O children of Israel? saith the LORD. Have not I brought up Israel out of the land of Egypt? and the Philistines from Caphtor, and the Syrians from Kir?

    8Behold, the eyes of the Lord 🤬 are upon the sinful kingdom, and I will destroy it from off the face of the earth; saving that I will not utterly destroy the house of Jacob, saith the LORD.

    9For, lo, I will command, and I will sift the house of Israel among all nations, like as corn is sifted in a sieve, yet shall not the least grain fall upon the earth.

    10All the sinners of my people shall die by the sword, which say, The evil shall not overtake nor prevent us.

    11In that day will I raise up the tabernacle of David that is fallen, and close up the breaches thereof; and I will raise up his ruins, and I will build it as in the days of old:

    12That they may possess the remnant of Edom, and of all the heathen, which are called by my name, saith the LORD that doeth this.

    13Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that the plowman shall overtake the reaper, and the treader of grapes him that soweth seed; and the mountains shall drop sweet wine, and all the hills shall melt.

    14And I will bring again the captivity of my people of Israel, and they shall build the waste cities, and inhabit them; and they shall plant vineyards, and drink the wine thereof; they shall also make gardens, and eat the fruit of them.

    15And I will plant them upon their land, and they shall no more be pulled up out of their land which I have given them, saith the LORD thy 🤬 .