What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

How can you see what Rose, Westbrook, Deron is doin and STILL say:

S2J
S2J Members Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2010 in From the Cheap Seats
Rondo is better?

Yes, im making THAT thread again. Like, miss me with that 'different styles' and 'Boston is better with that type of PG' BS...These guys, Rose, Westbrook , and Deron (not even gon mention Paul) are playin on another level.

Westbrook 23.8, 8.6,
Rose 26.6, 8.2, 4.6
Williams 22, 10

Somebody please come in here and justify Rondo ahead of any of them...

THX THO...
«1345

Comments

  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    I dont see how people say that either
  • ghost!
    ghost! Not f8kin' around Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    point me out to the person that said that...or i'm calling b.s...no "well i seen it on facebook, or n8gs around my way 🤬 "


    and there's a difference between talking about their skill sets as a point guard compare to just talkin about their skill sets as a player....
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey mikeyismod CHITOWN THE BEST TOWNMembers, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    edited November 2010
    I dont see why people say dat as well
  • CoolJoe
    CoolJoe Members Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Rondo is averaging 14.2 APG, and 2.5 SPG....it's not like he's not having a great season...
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 JEFF AXEL DA GREAT Members Posts: 35,416 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    I'ma die hard Celtics fan but I co-sign this thread Rondo is definently helped out by having 4 hall of famers on that team if we had any of the other point guards you named in game 7 of the finals we would have won
  • CoolJoe
    CoolJoe Members Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    I'ma die hard Celtics fan but I co-sign this thread Rondo is definently helped out by having 4 hall of famers on that team if we had any of the other point guards you named in game 7 of the finals we would have won

    You don't know that, but it is funny how you are so sure about it.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    its like this.. If Rose, D.Will CP3, or Rus is your best player you got a chance of winning.. If Rondo your best player your team gon struggle...

    but he Rondo is Nice.. he just not 🤬 with them
  • CoolJoe
    CoolJoe Members Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    its like this.. If Rose, D.Will CP3, or Rus is your best player you got a chance of winning.. If Rondo your best player your team gon struggle...

    but he Rondo is Nice.. he just not 🤬 with them

    Word, because Russell Westbrook has been the best player on his team before, which makes you able to make that claim.
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 JEFF AXEL DA GREAT Members Posts: 35,416 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    CoolJoe wrote: »
    You don't know that, but it is funny how you are so sure about it.

    u right lemme rephrase that I think we would have a better chance because those guys can shoot free throws and hit mid range jumpers
  • CoolJoe
    CoolJoe Members Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    u right lemme rephrase that I think we would have a better chance because those guys can shoot free throws and hit mid range jumpers

    Fair enough.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    ghost! wrote: »
    point me out to the person that said that...or i'm calling b.s...no "well i seen it on facebook, or n8gs around my way 🤬 "


    and there's a difference between talking about their skill sets as a point guard compare to just talkin about their skill sets as a player....

    Thats easy. On more than a few occasions TNT/ESPN/NBA TV analysts have listed him in at least their top 3 (cant remember who, sue me)

    The IC has said it

    Hell, the f'in best PG EVER said it (Magic)

    Judgin by the replies, i see i aint the only one hearin/heard it...
  • yroholla
    yroholla Members Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    When the playoffs come, Rondo will be everybodys favorite PG again
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    CoolJoe wrote: »
    You don't know that, but it is funny how you are so sure about it.

    Sheeeeit.

    You put one of those pG's on the Celts and we're talkin bout them like we WERE talkin bout Miami offseason

    'Unfair, loaded, tip the scales, how ON EARTH did they let this happen', etc.

    With Rondo on the other hand, they are simply a very good team in the class of a handful of other vry good teams.
  • ghost!
    ghost! Not f8kin' around Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    s2jepeka wrote: »
    Thats easy. On more than a few occasions TNT/ESPN/NBA TV analysts have listed him in at least their top 3 (cant remember who, sue me)

    The IC has said it

    Hell, the f'in best PG EVER said it (Magic)

    Judgin by the replies, i see i aint the only one hearin/heard it...


    first..the media overhypes everyone..


    2nd...the IC overhypes everyone and we have trolls in here, who do not know ish of what they speak..ish we have reg posters in here too (dont know ish of what they speak)

    and 3rd but not least.. how often do u guys sit here and think atheletes speak the truth all the time, and magic along with a host of others were talking about him from a point guard stand point

    like barkley said "dude can take over a game without scoring"

    u katz fall in love with a dude putting up points and not realizing there's more to a person's game then points..so i guess cuz rodman, n ben wallace can't shoot..than we should disregrad them as players...



    rondo can't shoot..not a new flash..but what he can do puts him up there with everyone else..run the team, rebound, scrappyness, assist and dee..
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    ghost! wrote: »
    first..the media overhypes everyone..


    2nd...the IC overhypes everyone and we have trolls in here, who do not know ish of what they speak..ish we have reg posters in here too (dont know ish of what they speak)

    and 3rd but not least.. how often do u guys sit here and think atheletes speak the truth all the time, and magic along with a host of others were talking about him from a point guard stand point

    like barkley said "dude can take over a game without scoring"

    u katz fall in love with a dude putting up points and not realizing there's more to a person's game then points..so i guess cuz rodman, n ben wallace can't shoot..than we should disregrad them as players...



    rondo can't shoot..not a new flash..but what he can do puts him up there with everyone else..run the team, rebound, scrappyness, assist and dee..

    Yea all that is cute...

    But is he better than Deron, Rose, WBrook, or Paul?

    We not talkin Kobe v Lebron here, this is a rather easy question to answer...Yet Rondo fans want to insult everyone's intelligence and say 'yall dont understand its more than numbers' lol yea ok
  • ghost!
    ghost! Not f8kin' around Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    s2jepeka wrote: »
    Yea all that is cute...

    But is he better than Deron, Rose, WBrook, or Paul?

    We not talkin Kobe v Lebron here, this is a rather easy question to answer...Yet Rondo fans want to insult everyone's intelligence and say 'yall dont understand its more than numbers' lol yea ok


    evualting a player has always been about more then just numbers..this aint fantasy teams homie..n is "cute" stuff is actuall facts..and a little thing called PAYING ATTENTION TO DETAIL..

    where did i ever say he was better then any of these ppl?

    just like i'm still waiting for you to be specific on your thread about point out the ppl who said this..i'm want u to point out where i said, or not answer ur question??

    this rondo being the best thing is funnny..ppl on the ic really butt hurt about this..like everyone in here doesnt over rate players and makes threads about them..smh!! ha ha
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    i said it before and ima re-post it....

    its like this.. If Rose, D.Will CP3, or Rus is your best player you got a chance of winning.. If Rondo your best player your team gon struggle...

    but he Rondo is Nice.. he just not 🤬 with them
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    ghost! wrote: »
    evualting a player has always been about more then just numbers..this aint fantasy teams homie..n is "cute" stuff is actuall facts..and a little thing called PAYING ATTENTION TO DETAIL..

    where did i ever say he was better then any of these ppl?

    just like i'm still waiting for you to be specific on your thread about point out the ppl who said this..i'm want u to point out where i said, or not answer ur question??

    this rondo being the best thing is funnny..ppl on the ic really butt hurt about this..like everyone in here doesnt over rate players and makes threads about them..smh!! ha ha
    ghost! wrote: »
    evualting a player has always been about more then just numbers..this aint fantasy teams homie..n is "cute" stuff is actuall facts..and a little thing called PAYING ATTENTION TO DETAIL..

    where did i ever say he was better then any of these ppl?

    just like i'm still waiting for you to be specific on your thread about point out the ppl who said this..i'm want u to point out where i said, or not answer ur question??

    this rondo being the best thing is funnny..ppl on the ic really butt hurt about this..like everyone in here doesnt over rate players and makes threads about them..smh!! ha ha

    1)Cmon homie lets not play dumb. Im not the only person who's heard this Rondo best PG talk. Dead that.

    2)When i say insulting people intelligence, this is what mean: Paying attention to WHAT detail? What EXACTLY are u saying. Do i/we not have the same NBATV as you? Have we not watched the same guys play for 4, 5 years? Are you implying that you see something in what Rondo does that other people dont?? Cmon, man

    When you play those other guys, defensively, as a PG, your in for a night. When you play Rondo, you cant guard an assist. You fear his speed in the open court, but you worry really about hedging on Ray Allen on screens, you worry about helpng whoever guards Pierce in the post...you dont worry about Rondo overpowering you, his mid range, threes, post game, etc.
  • jayhi22
    jayhi22 Members Posts: 911 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    s2jepeka wrote: »
    Rondo is better?

    Yes, im making THAT thread again. Like, miss me with that 'different styles' and 'Boston is better with that type of PG' BS...These guys, Rose, Westbrook , and Deron (not even gon mention Paul) are playin on another level.

    Westbrook 23.8, 8.6,
    Rose 26.6, 8.2, 4.6
    Williams 22, 10

    Somebody please come in here and justify Rondo ahead of any of them...

    THX THO...

    What is your question tho? Better player? Or better Point Guard?

    I can give you Deron is better than him either way.. The others.. are DEBATABLE in terms of Point Guard Play
  • ghost!
    ghost! Not f8kin' around Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    s2jepeka wrote: »
    1)Cmon homie lets not play dumb. Im not the only person who's heard this Rondo best PG talk. Dead that.

    2)When i say insulting people intelligence, this is what mean: Paying attention to WHAT detail? What EXACTLY are u saying. Do i/we not have the same NBATV as you? Have we not watched the same guys play for 4, 5 years? Are you implying that you see something in what Rondo does that other people dont?? Cmon, man

    When you play those other guys, defensively, as a PG, your in for a night. When you play Rondo, you cant guard an assist. You fear his speed in the open court, but you worry really about hedging on Ray Allen on screens, you worry about helpng whoever guards Pierce in the post...you dont worry about Rondo overpowering you, his mid range, threes, post game, etc.



    Ok i'm saying paying attention to detail because your post was direct toward me like i said rondo was better then those players....so that's why i said that...again like i also said..magic and barkley (for instance) was not talking about rondo being the best player..which is what you are trying to get at..but being the best point guard..or how effective he is as a point guard..i also took it a step further to say what magic be saying ain't gossip and is part of the media over hyping players...

    again u are stuck on the scoring aspect of the game...which i said..no sh*t rondo can't shoot...he does other stuff on the court night in and out to make him an effective player....to get the hype he is getting on tv....go ahead and don't guard him..dear him he's gonna either have to stop being scare and shoot it...

    but my main point is..

    he does enough on the court to be consider among them...again i'lll say it again...he does enough on the court to be consider among them..not better then..but among them...now u have me saying it again so when u reply back..u wont come at me from a stand point that i said he was better then them

    and overall this thead is pointless AGAIN

    because n*gs on the ic overrate players all the time, and make threads after they watch one game..that rondo playoff thread was done how long ago?? And u using that has a reference..come on dude

    and that top point guard thread had him at number 5 or 4 among most posters...so again making this thread was pointless since THE COMMON SENSE HERE ON RONDO is about the same....i mean damn either u not paying attention to what i'm saying or u dont wanna read....


    ps:

    u dont just jude a player on stats alone....again i said that to you..no level head'd person does...no nba scout does....
  • yroholla
    yroholla Members Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Rondo is simply not a scoring PG but he definately has some intangibles that no other PG in the league has...not to mention Rondo has shown his ability to step it up a cpl notches when playoff time comes....

    The way I see it is D Will, Cp3 are still the top 2 PGs in the league but when playoff time comes Rondo is definately in the convo
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    ghost! wrote: »
    Ok i'm saying paying attention to detail because your post was direct toward me like i said rondo was better then those players....so that's why i said that...again like i also said..magic and barkley (for instance) was not talking about rondo being the best player..which is what you are trying to get at..but being the best point guard..or how effective he is as a point guard..i also took it a step further to say what magic be saying ain't gossip and is part of the media over hyping players...

    again u are stuck on the scoring aspect of the game...which i said..no sh*t rondo can't shoot...he does other stuff on the court night in and out to make him an effective player....to get the hype he is getting on tv....go ahead and don't guard him..dear him he's gonna either have to stop being scare and shoot it...

    but my main point is..

    he does enough on the court to be consider among them...again i'lll say it again...he does enough on the court to be consider among them..not better then..but among them...now u have me saying it again so when u reply back..u wont come at me from a stand point that i said he was better then them

    and overall this thead is pointless AGAIN

    because n*gs on the ic overrate players all the time, and make threads after they watch one game..that rondo playoff thread was done how long ago?? And u using that has a reference..come on dude

    and that top point guard thread had him at number 5 or 4 among most posters...so again making this thread was pointless since THE COMMON SENSE HERE ON RONDO is about the same....i mean damn either u not paying attention to what i'm saying or u dont wanna read....


    ps:

    u dont just jude a player on stats alone....again i said that to you..no level head'd person does...no nba scout does....

    Word. we can agree to disagree. You have not witnessed Rondo being gassed up, I have. Cool

    You dont judge on numbers...and that was the point of my last paragraph. Rondo dont strike fear in a defense, the others do...that has nothing to do with numbers, thsts just the eye test.

    But you right. If there is no argument, than i am quite satisfied. We ALL agree Rondo aint on their level.

    Now lets just remember this when Boston wins a title (i think they will) and the slurping starts back up again
  • ghost!
    ghost! Not f8kin' around Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    s2jepeka wrote: »
    Word. we can agree to disagree. You have not witnessed Rondo being gassed up, I have. Cool

    You dont judge on numbers...and that was the point of my last paragraph. Rondo dont strike fear in a defense, the others do...that has nothing to do with numbers, thsts just the eye test.

    But you right. If there is no argument, than i am quite satisfied. We ALL agree Rondo aint on their level.

    Now lets just remember this when Boston wins a title (i think they will) and the slurping starts back up again

    yes he is..just not the way u see him as....

    he's not fear'd in scoring..but he is fear as how he runs the boston celtics, when he goes up and grab boards and ignites fast break..or gets a steal, goes in the lane an dunks in or drives to the basket...all those things that HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH SCORING and things nba scouts look at..not a stat book homie...


    and i guess ea sports shouldnt have put him in that commerical with westbrook in the rest, or espn shouldn't put him in commerical too..cuz "he doesnt strike fear in defenders from a scoring stand point"

    come on homie..seriously come on...
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    ghost! wrote: »
    yes he is..just not the way u see him as....

    he's not fear'd in scoring..but he is fear as how he runs the boston celtics, when he goes up and grab boards and ignites fast break..or gets a steal, goes in the lane an dunks in or drives to the basket...all those things that HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH SCORING and things nba scouts look at..not a stat book homie...

    and i guess ea sports shouldnt have put him in that commerical with westbrook in the rest, or espn shouldn't put him in commerical too..cuz "he doesnt strike fear in defenders from a scoring stand point"

    come on homie..seriously come on...

    SIGH

    @ bolded: Last i checked, i believe they do keep stats for steals, rebounds, and dunks (aka points), so that, too, would be in the 'stat book' SMMFH

    And let me be more specific. We ALL agree Rondo aint better than them.

    Unles you disagree with that, there is no reason to talk further.
  • chi-guy
    chi-guy Members Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Rondo does all the little things, he has that intangible aspect to his game. He's definitely a top pg in the league but I don't think he's better then those guys. He definitely gets penalized for not being more of a scorer. he has active hands on defense but he's not a great individual defender/ But the thing is he does play @ a high level but he gets his 🤬 handed to him most nights when he plays other pgs. Like a Rose or a Williams or CP3. I personally rank him at number 5 on my pg list.
Sign In or Register to comment.