What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

Does MF DOOM have more than 3 classics?

power_wisdom
power_wisdom Members Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
If so what are they? I think he has at least 4.

Operation Doomsday
Mad Villain
Victor Vaughn
MM Food

Comments

• THE_R_
    THE_R_ Members Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    IMO ONE CLASSIC...BUT ALL OF THOSE ARE GREAT ALBUMS.

OPERATION: DOOMSDAY 4.5/5.0
    MM...FOOD 4.0/5.0
    MADVILLAINY 6.0/5.0
    VAUDEVILLE VILLIAN 4.0/5.0

• Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Make Reasonable Choices. H. E. Double Hockey SticksMembers Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Operation Doomsday

Madvillainy

MM FOOD

Only classics ^^

Other albums have been great, but too many skippable tracks to be called classics.
  • king hassan
    king hassan south side somewhereMembers Posts: 22,737 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Victor Vaughn a dope album to me as well
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Internet classics
  • Valentinez A. Kaiser
    Valentinez A. Kaiser Members Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Victor Vaughn a dope album to me as well

I'm glad people mention this because it used to get slept on for some reason... Like he went too left left with it!
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Only Christopher I acknowledge is Wallace At the 36th chamberMembers Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    Operation Doomsday

Madvillainy

MM FOOD

Only classics ^^

Other albums have been great, but too many skippable tracks to be called classics.

This
  • bck145
    bck145 East CoastMembers Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Madvillainy is wildly considered a classic....i think dudes super wack but thats his classic..all the other 🤬 is just considered good albums
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    This album was made circa 1994 but was shelved. It eventually leaked. Some people say its a cult classic.

hqdefault.jpg
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect I will go where there's no path and leave behind a trail. TampaMembers Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • power_wisdom
    THE_R_ wrote: »
    IMO ONE CLASSIC...BUT ALL OF THOSE ARE GREAT ALBUMS.

OPERATION: DOOMSDAY 4.5/5.0
    MM...FOOD 4.0/5.0
    MADVILLAINY 6.0/5.0
    VAUDEVILLE VILLIAN 4.0/5.0

All these albums better than 98% of the 🤬 out today. From a production to lyrical to creative and cohesive stand point all these albums are as tight or tighter than lets say 4:44, which is a highly praised album.
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mm food
    madvillainy
    doomsday
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Internet classics

• CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My 🤬 heavy on Doom so every now and again I give his 🤬 another listen to.

I don't hear it
  • trendsetta1030
    trendsetta1030 Where the money at...Members Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who?
  • 5 Grand
    Who?

MF Doom was in a group called KMD that came out in 1991 when I was in high school. They released one album and then one of their members Subroc died. There was a another album called Black 🤬 . I'm not sure if Subroc was on that album or if they made it after he died.

Anyway, this was the song that got burn when I was in high school

• Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Naw. Just 1. Madvillainy
  • OGDirtyDee
    OGDirtyDee Members Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MF WHO?
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Only Christopher I acknowledge is Wallace At the 36th chamberMembers Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    🤬 really in here asking who mf doom is? I'm really starting to think the majority of 🤬 on this forum only know radio artist
  • power_wisdom
    5 Grand wrote: »
    Who?

MF Doom was in a group called KMD that came out in 1991 when I was in high school. They released one album and then one of their members Subroc died. There was a another album called Black 🤬 . I'm not sure if Subroc was on that album or if they made it after he died.

They did the album after Subroc died. Onyx the kid left after the first album. And Subroc and Zex X (Mf Doom) took over as the main rhymers on the album. Subroc was the producer and dj on the first album. But later became a mc.
  • 5 Grand
    Who?

They did the album after Subroc died. Onyx the kid left after the first album. And Subroc and Zex X (Mf Doom) took over as the main rhymers on the album. Subroc was the producer and dj on the first album. But later became a mc.

So the Black 🤬 album was just Zev Love X?
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    huey wrote: »
    mm food
    madvillainy
    doomsday

True indeed. Born Like This was dope but not a classic
  • power_wisdom
    Who?

So the Black 🤬 album was just Zev Love X?

No Subroc rapped on it too. But he didn't rhyme on the first album.
  • Aztec_Kang
    Aztec_Kang Members Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭✭
    I honestly haven't got into Dooms stuff yet. I do know who he is. What is it about his music and rap style that stands out to y'all? I'm actually curious. What type of subject matter does he cover?
  • power_wisdom
    Aztec_Kang wrote: »
    I honestly haven't got into Dooms stuff yet. I do know who he is. What is it about his music and rap style that stands out to y'all? I'm actually curious. What type of subject matter does he cover?

You have to listen, I can't describe it. But it's some of the most creative music I ever heard. It's humorous, lyrical and creative. But dark and street at the same time.