What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

The Official DC Cinematic Universe thread - Now Showing - "The Justice League"

Comments

• Agrv2385
    Agrv2385 Members Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Broddie wrote: »
    lazypakman wrote: »
    Smash or pass?
    qgvkealned29.jpg

amy-poehler-trap.gif

either that or a very stupid question with an obvious answer......
  • nj2089
    nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    why they took out the scene where someone was talking to Alfred smh
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli I'll getchu bitch!!! Somewhere drunk off my ass.Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw it. It wasn't great but it wasn't bad either. I couldnt get into it because I 🤬 2cans of steel reserve back to back and I kept blacking out in second intervals every 15 minutes. Add to the fact that there was no air in the theatre. Wtf its 80 degrees down here where I'm at. 🤬 it was uncomfortable as hell. I'll give a review later on tonight prolly.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli I'll getchu bitch!!! Somewhere drunk off my ass.Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why is everybody beating up on Zack Snyder. He lost his daughter he had to step away from the film. Throw stones at joss whedon he was the one behind everything after Snyder stepped down. Also you guys were right about the CGI. It was three steps away from being sharkboy or spykid graphics. That's not snyders style at all. I'm not really 🤬 on jl but I need to watch it again sober.
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good movie had some great parts but it wasn't mind blowing. I'm really glad that BVS introduced some of the members to each other already so we didn't have to do alot of the introductions.
    That Superman Vs the team fight was great to witness. That alone had me hype Af.

Overall it wasn't classic but it is sightly above AOU level . And yes they had Cyborg say bouyah smh
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 NJMembers Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now reports say Justice League wont even 🤬 100 million opening weekend domestically.. welp. If true not good at all..ideally we all want these films to do great and be critically acclaimed. But in my opinion I always felt a movie getting 🤬 on or mixed reviews by critics does less damage than a financial flop does.

If it underperforms financially, will WB still have the incentive to do all these DCEU films with these big budgets? Rumors abound saying Flashpoint film getting done, is based on how well Justice League does at the Box Office.
  • farris2k1
    farris2k1 Members Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    Now reports say Justice League wont even 🤬 100 million opening weekend domestically.. welp. If true not good at all..ideally we all want these films to do great and be critically acclaimed. But in my opinion I always felt a movie getting 🤬 on or mixed reviews by critics does less damage than a financial flop does.

If it underperforms financially, will WB still have the incentive to do all these DCEU films with these big budgets? Rumors abound saying Flashpoint film getting done, is based on how well Justice League does at the Box Office.

I highly doubt itll do less than 100 mill opening weekend, batman vs superman did way more and was 🤬 on 10x worse by critics than this
  • farris2k1
    I saw it. It wasn't great but it wasn't bad either. I couldnt get into it because I 🤬 2cans of steel reserve back to back and I kept blacking out in second intervals every 15 minutes. Add to the fact that there was no air in the theatre. Wtf its 80 degrees down here where I'm at. 🤬 it was uncomfortable as hell. I'll give a review later on tonight prolly.

Steel reserve is trash my 🤬 lol
  • lazypakman
    lazypakman when the real holds you down your supposed to drown right? Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017

I'll say it now, this won't break 300 domestically in the states, shiìiiiiit it might not even make 200.

• farris2k1
    I'll say it now, this won't break 300 domestically in the states.

I really hoe

I'll say it now, this won't break 300 domestically in the states, shiìiiiiit it might not even make 200.
    Thats just ignorant

• Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Only Christopher I acknowledge is Wallace At the 36th chamberMembers Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just seen it, I loved it. Critics on some 🤬 . Would've been cool to see more Mera but I'll wait until the solo. I'm going again tomorrow 1030 show
  • lazypakman
    lazypakman when the real holds you down your supposed to drown right? Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    farris2k1 wrote: »
    I'll say it now, this won't break 300 domestically in the states.

I really hoe

Thats just ignorant

It really isn't, i remember saying BVS wouldn't make a billi (it should have done, it didn't :disappointed: ), and people here were adamant it would.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker PISTOL GRIP PUMP IN MY LAP AT ALL TIMES Working On My LowriderMembers, Moderators Posts: 45,690 Regulator
    It'll do numbers. Far more batman and superman fans than hating critics
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey mikeyismod CHITOWN THE BEST TOWNMembers, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    I loved the movie but it look like it won’t be a financial success as it should
  • lazypakman
    edited November 2017

I highly doubt itll do less than 100 mill opening weekend, batman vs superman did way more and was 🤬 on 10x worse by critics than this

That film fell off like 80% in box office after the first week, that wasn't down to the critics my friend, that was the word of mouth from the general public who didn't 🤬 with the film at all, it had virtually no replay value outside of actual fans (saw it myself 2 times in the cinema), but that film was an altogether different beast.

For arguments sake lets say justice league makes 120 opening weekend, which is waaaay down from BVS's 160 odd, i'll guarantee word of mouth will 🤬 this off again in the same way ,not amongst the obvious fans, here in a DC thread on the internet, and maybe not stateside where it has gotten the most positivity, but this really isn't a good enough film to succeed imo.

I love to be proved wrong though so lets see.

•   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Smartass Snatch Money ave.Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Somebody rate the fight battles on a scale from 1-10
  • farris2k1

That film fell off like 80% in box office after the first week, that wasn't down to the critics my friend, that was the word of mouth from the general public who didn't 🤬 with the film at all, it had virtually no replay value outside of actual fans (saw it myself 2 times in the cinema), but that film was an altogether different beast.

For arguments sake lets say justice league makes 120 opening weekend, which is waaaay down from BVS's 160 odd, i'll guarantee word of mouth will 🤬 this off again in the same way ,not amongst the obvious fans, here in a DC thread on the internet, and maybe not stateside where it has gotten the most positivity, but this really isn't a good enough film to succeed imo.

I love to be proved wrong though so lets see.

Whatever 🤬 ,the movie will be fine,and ill remembet [email protected] whenever it crosss $200 milli
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My IMAX showing had 15 people but this was on a Thursday

Most people don't know movies have limited shows the day before release
  • OmegaConflict
    OmegaConflict I AM A GIANT RETARD Members Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭✭

Alright calm down bro
  • IamNumberOne
    IamNumberOne Members Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not around where I live
  • Beta
    Beta #FastFamily Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Just posting up my weekend movie review for you all. Caught a sneak peak of Justice League. What I can honestly say is that the film is a let down. I was expecting something great and something more impressive then Marvel's Civil War. But, it shows that DC films overcome a Marvel film. Justice League is a so-so action adventure film. The highlight of the film is Wonder Woman and the Flash. The main disappointment of the film is that it doesnt have an actual storyline to it. The film will have the audience questioning on who the villain is in the film. From watching the trailer of the film, the action scenes are all given away. There isnt anything that will have the audience jaw drop. The audience will see that the film is highly predictable. You will know what is coming up next in the film. The film is boring. The trailer itself doesnt want you to rush and go see it. The film overall is 100% CGI which is frustrating for the viewers. The film has a potential of getting a sequel. But it will have to have a better plot to it. Justice League isnt a movie to rush and go see. If your a fan of the characters then i recommend it. I highly advise you to stay during the credits. Middle and end you will get a shocker. Not during the middle but when the credits are over.

Justice League - 6/10 (** stars)
  • Splackavelli
    @beta the movie has been changed so much production wise and then because other backlash from bvs they changed the tone to a light batted feel. Also they cut the movie time down to 30 minutes it wasa totally different movie. The suits behind DC don't know whathey are doing. I think we would've had better film if Zack Snyder stayed on.
    I think DC is still trying to find their footing. JL didn't quite hitthe mark buits a step I'm the right direction. I was hoping to see a darkseid cameo or a glimpse of apokalypse but I guess they are savinall that for a few sequels later. If the after credit is an indication of anything the next movie will be a JL vs injustice league movie. Also there are solo movies coming up for all the team members so there more to look forward to.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Make Reasonable Choices. H. E. Double Hockey SticksMembers Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jay83 wrote: »
    Just found out that Ray Fisher (Cyborg) this was his first feature film. Thats a hell of a start.

Yep he's only been in plays prior to this he did pretty well.

Saw the movie today. I was extremely high and that probably effected how I viewed some things, but there was a lot I liked and a lot I disliked. It definitely felt like some scenes were cut short or something. I loved how they jumped right into it though. Superman's return was dope, seeing wizard shazam and a green lantern in action was dope. The jokes were a lot more miss for me than hits. I like that they set up a bunch of possibilities for future films though and the after credits scene was awesome
  • Splackavelli
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    jay83 wrote: »
    Just found out that Ray Fisher (Cyborg) this was his first feature film. Thats a hell of a start.

Yep he's only been in plays prior to this he did pretty well.

Saw the movie today. I was extremely high and that probably effected how I viewed some things, but there was a lot I liked and a lot I disliked. It definitely felt like some scenes were cut short or something. I loved how they jumped right into it though. Superman's return was dope, seeing wizard shazam and a green lantern in action was dope. The jokes were a lot more miss for me than hits. I like that they set up a bunch of possibilities for future films though and the after credits scene was awesome

I wish I was high instead of 🤬 when I saw it.