What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

Pete Rock defends ole heads in music and explains why newer artist music don’t get no respect ...

135678

Comments

  • $tayRichROLLIN
    $tayRichROLLIN Home away from homeMembers Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SneakDZA wrote: »
    my question to Pete would be instead of talking 🤬 why not embrace the young boy movement and you and them can both learn something. 90s rappers are really arrogant

    lol what the hell could pete rock possibly learn from the likes of lil yachty?

    Yachty ain't the only young 🤬 . And I bet yachty paper is longer. So maybe he could learn to snatch up the endorsements
  • $tayRichROLLIN
    $tayRichROLLIN Home away from homeMembers Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭✭✭
    my question to Pete would be instead of talking 🤬 why not embrace the young boy movement and you and them can both learn something. 90s rappers are really arrogant

    You can say the same about these new 🤬 too

    These young 🤬 don't be bothering nobody!
  • Lefty_
    Lefty_ The Ayatollah Of Baking Soda Pullin Up.....Members, Writer Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    🤬 want to talk integrity, the reason that everyone had artistic integrity back then is because the A&r said you had to be nice. YouTube is the A&r today, and guess what the people who pay for the music would rather you have a story then be nice on the mic in a lot of cases. Either that or do something different to set yourself apart, because everybody wants to be different and be in their own lane so that’s why a lot of these kids are doing.

    From that era to now the fundamental question has changed from can you spit to are you real.

    Like I said, let the little homies rock, they are navigating the landscape as best they can. And to keep it real they didn’t get out of control because they were born that way.

    And I wouldn’t even say that they are out of control, I see a lot more kids in decent situations today then there were when I was young.

    But for the sake of argument. If you want to see why a crop is dead, don’t blame the corn, blame the farmers.
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA damn, am I a sinner? Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lefty_ wrote: »
    🤬 want to talk integrity, the reason that everyone had artistic integrity back then is because the A&r said you had to be nice. YouTube is the A&r today, and guess what the people who pay for the music would rather you have a story then be nice on the mic in a lot of cases. Either that or do something different to set yourself apart, because everybody wants to be different and be in their own lane so that’s why a lot of these kids are doing.

    From that era to now the fundamental question has changed from can you spit to are you real.

    Like I said, let the little homies rock, they are navigating the landscape as best they can. And to keep it real they didn’t get out of control because they were born that way.

    And I wouldn’t even say that they are out of control, I see a lot more kids in decent situations today then there were when I was young.

    But for the sake of argument. If you want to see why a crop is dead, don’t blame the corn, blame the farmers.

    In this analogy they are the farmers though and the crop is the music.

    And to take that analogy a step further... let's say you have a new generation of farmers that have no interest in learning how the work is actually done because it's just too difficult and boring. They just cop their little Monsanto pesticides and dump it on the field and call it day. What kind of crop can you really expect them to yield and is it really anybody else's fault that they suck at their job?
  • Lefty_
    Lefty_ The Ayatollah Of Baking Soda Pullin Up.....Members, Writer Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SneakDZA wrote: »
    Lefty_ wrote: »
    🤬 want to talk integrity, the reason that everyone had artistic integrity back then is because the A&r said you had to be nice. YouTube is the A&r today, and guess what the people who pay for the music would rather you have a story then be nice on the mic in a lot of cases. Either that or do something different to set yourself apart, because everybody wants to be different and be in their own lane so that’s why a lot of these kids are doing.

    From that era to now the fundamental question has changed from can you spit to are you real.

    Like I said, let the little homies rock, they are navigating the landscape as best they can. And to keep it real they didn’t get out of control because they were born that way.

    And I wouldn’t even say that they are out of control, I see a lot more kids in decent situations today then there were when I was young.

    But for the sake of argument. If you want to see why a crop is dead, don’t blame the corn, blame the farmers.

    In this analogy they are the farmers though and the crop is the music.

    And to take that analogy a step further... let's say you have a new generation of farmers that have no interest in learning how the work is actually done because it's just too difficult and boring. They just cop their little Monsanto pesticides and dump it on the field and call it day. What kind of crop can you really expect them to yield and is it really anybody else's fault that they suck at their job?

    What generation raised these lil 🤬 ?
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    SneakDZA wrote: »
    Lefty_ wrote: »
    🤬 want to talk integrity, the reason that everyone had artistic integrity back then is because the A&r said you had to be nice. YouTube is the A&r today, and guess what the people who pay for the music would rather you have a story then be nice on the mic in a lot of cases. Either that or do something different to set yourself apart, because everybody wants to be different and be in their own lane so that’s why a lot of these kids are doing.

    From that era to now the fundamental question has changed from can you spit to are you real.

    Like I said, let the little homies rock, they are navigating the landscape as best they can. And to keep it real they didn’t get out of control because they were born that way.

    And I wouldn’t even say that they are out of control, I see a lot more kids in decent situations today then there were when I was young.

    But for the sake of argument. If you want to see why a crop is dead, don’t blame the corn, blame the farmers.

    In this analogy they are the farmers though and the crop is the music.

    And to take that analogy a step further... let's say you have a new generation of farmers that have no interest in learning how the work is actually done because it's just too difficult and boring. They just cop their little Monsanto pesticides and dump it on the field and call it day. What kind of crop can you really expect them to yield and is it really anybody else's fault that they suck at their job?

    I don't know much about farming, but I'm pretty sure the science of farming has changed drastically since, say, 1990. I'm pretty sure that whatever farmers were doing in 1990 is obsolete and the technics that a farmer would use now in 2017 makes farming techniques from 1990 seem archaic.
  • king hassan
    king hassan south side somewhereMembers Posts: 22,737 ✭✭✭✭✭
    my question to Pete would be instead of talking 🤬 why not embrace the young boy movement and you and them can both learn something. 90s rappers are really arrogant

    You can say the same about these new 🤬 too

    These young 🤬 don't be bothering nobody!

    Yes they do, come on bro you know better
  • Lefty_
    Lefty_ The Ayatollah Of Baking Soda Pullin Up.....Members, Writer Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's starting to be easy to tell who didn't get no 🤬 when they was young.
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SneakDZA wrote: »

    Dude... hip-hop wise you're still stuck in the Eli Whitney Cotton Gin era.

    How can you talk about obsolete rap techniques whilst bumping Kurtis Blow in all earnestness? Talking about Pete Rock is too young a whippersnapper to be considered an OG. LMAO.

    Nosign.

    You see me on this website every day. I check out almost everything that people post so I'm up to date.

    And since you mentioned Kurtis Blow, I'd put 8 Million Stories up against any rap song you can think of.
  • $tayRichROLLIN
    $tayRichROLLIN Home away from homeMembers Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭✭✭
    my question to Pete would be instead of talking 🤬 why not embrace the young boy movement and you and them can both learn something. 90s rappers are really arrogant

    You can say the same about these new 🤬 too

    These young 🤬 don't be bothering nobody!

    Yes they do, come on bro you know better

    Who ? Brah they don't be wanting no problems. All they want is lean pills and 🤬 . Like you don't think 🤬 in the 80s hated the 90s and early 2000s . That didn't deter them from doing them!
  • king hassan
    king hassan south side somewhereMembers Posts: 22,737 ✭✭✭✭✭
    my question to Pete would be instead of talking 🤬 why not embrace the young boy movement and you and them can both learn something. 90s rappers are really arrogant

    You can say the same about these new 🤬 too

    These young 🤬 don't be bothering nobody!

    Yes they do, come on bro you know better

    Who ? Brah they don't be wanting no problems. All they want is lean pills and 🤬 . Like you don't think 🤬 in the 80s hated the 90s and early 2000s . That didn't deter them from doing them!

    Ok brother
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lefty_ wrote: »
    5 Grand wrote: »
    SneakDZA wrote: »

    Dude... hip-hop wise you're still stuck in the Eli Whitney Cotton Gin era.

    How can you talk about obsolete rap techniques whilst bumping Kurtis Blow in all earnestness? Talking about Pete Rock is too young a whippersnapper to be considered an OG. LMAO.

    Nosign.

    You see me on this website every day. I check out almost everything that people post so I'm up to date.

    And since you mentioned Kurtis Blow, I'd put 8 Million Stories up against any rap song you can think of.

    LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!

    THE. EIGHTIES. ARE. OVER. 🤬 .
    giphy.gif

    What is your point?

    Are you saying the new generation of rappers are so good that we should forget the pioneers?

    Are you saying the new generation of rappers have created something that makes 80s rap irrelevant?

    Are you saying that there's no room for the discussion of 80s rap on a website that calls itself "Allhiphop.com"

    Do you even know what the word Maven means?
  • Lefty_
    Lefty_ The Ayatollah Of Baking Soda Pullin Up.....Members, Writer Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 Grand wrote: »
    Lefty_ wrote: »
    5 Grand wrote: »
    SneakDZA wrote: »

    Dude... hip-hop wise you're still stuck in the Eli Whitney Cotton Gin era.

    How can you talk about obsolete rap techniques whilst bumping Kurtis Blow in all earnestness? Talking about Pete Rock is too young a whippersnapper to be considered an OG. LMAO.

    Nosign.

    You see me on this website every day. I check out almost everything that people post so I'm up to date.

    And since you mentioned Kurtis Blow, I'd put 8 Million Stories up against any rap song you can think of.

    LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!

    THE. EIGHTIES. ARE. OVER. 🤬 .
    giphy.gif

    What is your point?

    Are you saying the new generation of rappers are so good that we should forget the pioneers?

    Are you saying the new generation of rappers have created something that makes 80s rap irrelevant?

    Are you saying that there's no room for the discussion of 80s rap on a website that calls itself "Allhiphop.com"

    Do you even know what the word Maven means?

    I don't know much, but I know that song was trash B.
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lefty_ wrote: »
    5 Grand wrote: »
    Lefty_ wrote: »
    5 Grand wrote: »
    SneakDZA wrote: »

    Dude... hip-hop wise you're still stuck in the Eli Whitney Cotton Gin era.

    How can you talk about obsolete rap techniques whilst bumping Kurtis Blow in all earnestness? Talking about Pete Rock is too young a whippersnapper to be considered an OG. LMAO.

    Nosign.

    You see me on this website every day. I check out almost everything that people post so I'm up to date.

    And since you mentioned Kurtis Blow, I'd put 8 Million Stories up against any rap song you can think of.

    LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!

    THE. EIGHTIES. ARE. OVER. 🤬 .
    giphy.gif

    What is your point?

    Are you saying the new generation of rappers are so good that we should forget the pioneers?

    Are you saying the new generation of rappers have created something that makes 80s rap irrelevant?

    Are you saying that there's no room for the discussion of 80s rap on a website that calls itself "Allhiphop.com"

    Do you even know what the word Maven means?

    I don't know much, but I know that song was trash B.

    What song?
  • Lefty_
    Lefty_ The Ayatollah Of Baking Soda Pullin Up.....Members, Writer Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 Grand wrote: »
    Lefty_ wrote: »
    5 Grand wrote: »
    Lefty_ wrote: »
    5 Grand wrote: »
    SneakDZA wrote: »

    Dude... hip-hop wise you're still stuck in the Eli Whitney Cotton Gin era.

    How can you talk about obsolete rap techniques whilst bumping Kurtis Blow in all earnestness? Talking about Pete Rock is too young a whippersnapper to be considered an OG. LMAO.

    Nosign.

    You see me on this website every day. I check out almost everything that people post so I'm up to date.

    And since you mentioned Kurtis Blow, I'd put 8 Million Stories up against any rap song you can think of.

    LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!

    THE. EIGHTIES. ARE. OVER. 🤬 .
    giphy.gif

    What is your point?

    Are you saying the new generation of rappers are so good that we should forget the pioneers?

    Are you saying the new generation of rappers have created something that makes 80s rap irrelevant?

    Are you saying that there's no room for the discussion of 80s rap on a website that calls itself "Allhiphop.com"

    Do you even know what the word Maven means?

    I don't know much, but I know that song was trash B.

    What song?

    That 8 million stories 🤬 .
  • escoe
    escoe Members Posts: 120 ✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Honestly, just let it go.
    2rhklzujc6wt.jpg
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    escoe wrote: »
    Honestly, just let it go.
    2rhklzujc6wt.jpg

    r5a_e_vf1g.png
Sign In or Register to comment.