What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

Denzel Washington: Don't Blame The Prison System, 'It Starts At The Home'

191012141522

Comments

  • 7figz
    7figz Still don’t nothing move but the money Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Yall goin above and beyond to give dude the benefit of the doubt.

    There's a whole lot of 🤬 you could blame the system for.

    The 🤬 was oversimplification at best and 🤬 🤬 at worst.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla ... push up the fader... bust the meter... shake the tweeter Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As for me though Denzel is that 🤬 ... he put his money where his mouth is especially as regards young Black people. Y'all need to check out his philanthropy with Black students in HBCUs



    And him making Fences (producing, acting & directing)...



    YNV4G.gif





  • 7figz
    7figz Still don’t nothing move but the money Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Willie D. droppin knowledge for yall slow ig'nant narrow-minded coonish MFs

  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Who I am is Complex, What i am, simply put. I'm a Threat walking out the lions denGuests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    7figz wrote: »
    Yall goin above and beyond to give dude the benefit of the doubt.

    There's a whole lot of 🤬 you could blame the system for.

    The 🤬 was oversimplification at best and 🤬 🤬 at worst.

    but why does he need to go into details?

    we all know what it is
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    7figz wrote: »
    Willie D. droppin knowledge for yall slow ig'nant narrow-minded coonish MFs


    What Denzel done for the black community >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> What Willie D done for the black community
  • 7figz
    7figz Still don’t nothing move but the money Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    7figz wrote: »
    Willie D. droppin knowledge for yall slow ig'nant narrow-minded coonish MFs


    What Denzel done for the black community >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> What Willie D done for the black community

    What does that have to do with a debate about mass incarceration of Black people ?

    If I donated more to Black charities, not that you could prove that 🤬 or that it matters, would that mean that any statement I make about Black people is true and yours is false ?

    Of course not. Smh with that logic.
  • 7figz
    7figz Still don’t nothing move but the money Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    7figz wrote: »
    Yall goin above and beyond to give dude the benefit of the doubt.

    There's a whole lot of 🤬 you could blame the system for.

    The 🤬 was oversimplification at best and 🤬 🤬 at worst.

    but why does he need to go into details?

    we all know what it is

    Because he said you can't blame the system. When you say 🤬 like that, you need to go in to detail.

    That's like saying "I can't blame cops... it starts at home."

    It's a damn shame this 🤬 gotta be explained - especially to any Black person. MFs clearly agreed they all for having strong homes, and MFs still holding they ground to support a reckless ass statement. Pride is a MF.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Who I am is Complex, What i am, simply put. I'm a Threat walking out the lions denGuests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    7figz wrote: »
    7figz wrote: »
    Yall goin above and beyond to give dude the benefit of the doubt.

    There's a whole lot of 🤬 you could blame the system for.

    The 🤬 was oversimplification at best and 🤬 🤬 at worst.

    but why does he need to go into details?

    we all know what it is

    Because he said you can't blame the system. When you say 🤬 like that, you need to go in to detail.

    That's like saying "I can't blame cops... it starts at home."

    It's a damn shame this 🤬 gotta be explained - especially to any Black person. MFs clearly agreed they all for having strong homes, and MFs still holding they ground to support a reckless ass statement. Pride is a MF.

    at a certain point you cant blame the system ...at other points you can.

    does that make his whole argument void?

    nah.....it has truth just like you have truth...

    but the real truth is......we are all black so it dont matter hen them racists come.
  • 7figz
    7figz Still don’t nothing move but the money Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    7figz wrote: »
    7figz wrote: »
    Yall goin above and beyond to give dude the benefit of the doubt.

    There's a whole lot of 🤬 you could blame the system for.

    The 🤬 was oversimplification at best and 🤬 🤬 at worst.

    but why does he need to go into details?

    we all know what it is

    Because he said you can't blame the system. When you say 🤬 like that, you need to go in to detail.

    That's like saying "I can't blame cops... it starts at home."

    It's a damn shame this 🤬 gotta be explained - especially to any Black person. MFs clearly agreed they all for having strong homes, and MFs still holding they ground to support a reckless ass statement. Pride is a MF.

    at a certain point you cant blame the system ...at other points you can.

    does that make his whole argument void?

    nah.....it has truth just like you have truth...

    but the real truth is......we are all black so it dont matter hen them racists come.

    He made multiple statements. 1 that most people agree with (about having a strong home) and 1 that was irresponsible and sounded like it was absolving systemic racism - the part that got Black critics 🤬 and got all these white racist media outlets cheering him now.

    Look into the conversations on twitter about it - you'll see why he's getting heat for this 🤬 .

    So to answer your question, saying you can't blame the system is a void argument. Saying kids should have both parents is not.

    Dude made an ignorant ass statement.
  • matt mane
    matt mane Members Posts: 210 ✭✭
    Denzel kept it a buck
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Sion Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sion wrote: »
    Denzel is right tho....

    He's like the uncle that tells you some real 🤬 at the cookout and it's too much to bear so you try and hit him with your best "well matter of fact" but know he raised too good a point...

    Like the uncle who still think you can graduate high school and find a job that pays enough to take care of yourself like he did...

    Thinks we have respectable black public figures to model ourselves after like they had Malcolm Martin Elijah and many mores who may have passed right before they were born but their presence was still felt in the community....

    The uncle who grew up in a climate when the thing to be was a rnb singer for Motown and not a trap rapper who never sold a nickel....

    Yeah you know what’s going on huh unc...

    My thing is we don’t tried to get our family straight and every single time...you can check history....every time we are around the corner getting our 🤬 straight, a deliberate counter action is exercised or executed that disrupts our progress....and mfs come 50-70 years later talking about it starts at home with family , children need father figures, can’t blame the system...

    Uncle Denzel....have a seat somewhere, let somebody in the know make those critiques, and just support, no independent thoughts or comments necessary
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sion wrote: »
    Denzel is right tho....

    He's like the uncle that tells you some real 🤬 at the cookout and it's too much to bear so you try and hit him with your best "well matter of fact" but know he raised too good a point...



    Facts
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    “It’s starts at home”

    “We making it easy for them”

    Why does this offend you 🤬 ?


    Because people always want to blame the white man
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Sion Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let’s agree to disagree.....

  • 7figz
    7figz Still don’t nothing move but the money Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Sion wrote: »
    Denzel is right tho....

    He's like the uncle that tells you some real 🤬 at the cookout and it's too much to bear so you try and hit him with your best "well matter of fact" but know he raised too good a point...

    Yeah Uncle Tom - 🤬 the 🤬 .
  • 7figz
    7figz Still don’t nothing move but the money Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    “It’s starts at home”

    “We making it easy for them”

    Why does this offend you 🤬 ?


    Because people always want to blame the white man

    Word, and everybody knows the white man aint to blame for nothing. Smh - 🤬 🤬 statement.

    MFs exposin themselves in this thread.

    It's good to see so when MFs try to get on some fake militant pro-Black 🤬 in the next thread when a cop kills an innocent Black person, real MFs know whats up.
  • Huey_C
    Huey_C I'm a fucking prick.. Lord Huey Members Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    “It’s starts at home”

    “We making it easy for them”

    Why does this offend you 🤬 ?

    Perpetual victims
  • 7figz
    7figz Still don’t nothing move but the money Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    “It’s starts at home”

    “We making it easy for them”

    Why does this offend you 🤬 ?

    How you know that's the part offending MFs ?

    If yall MFs spent more time responding to the posts where people clearly explained what they had a problem with, this 🤬 would've been over. I guess yall MFs really like 'the system'.

    Right now, MFs just coming in here posting 🤬 because its Denzel. Some groupie ig'nant 🤬 🤬 going on - 🤬 is shameful.
  • 7figz
    7figz Still don’t nothing move but the money Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    jetlifebih wrote: »
    Let’s agree to disagree.....

    Word, I knew there was a lot of coonish MFs on this site but its good to see them exposing themseves like this. Self-hate runnin deep in this 🤬 . This 🤬 reading just like stormfront right now.

    These smart dumb MFs comin in here with some almost laughable stereotypes about they own people.

    If you believed these lost MFs, you'd think a responsible Black man couldn't possibly disagree with a 🤬 actor. Same MFs who would devalue an athlete's opinion on some 🤬 but somehow, Denzel, who's on record for downplaying colorism in Hollywood... is beyond reproach.

    These simple MFs probably really think he's Malcolm X.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla ... push up the fader... bust the meter... shake the tweeter Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's systematic racism in America no doubt but there's also personal accountability and responsibility ('man in the mirror')... as a Black person living in America; old and young


    I always state the only way a Black person would escape racism in America would be to totally leave the country all together

    It's not a difficult concept to grasp
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    7figz wrote: »
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    “It’s starts at home”

    “We making it easy for them”

    Why does this offend you 🤬 ?


    Because people always want to blame the white man

    Word, and everybody knows the white man aint to blame for nothing. Smh - 🤬 🤬 statement.

    MFs exposin themselves in this thread.

    It's good to see so when MFs try to get on some fake militant pro-Black 🤬 in the next thread when a cop kills an innocent Black person, real MFs know whats up.



    Word its never personal accountability

    Keep pointing the finger
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LPast wrote: »
    LPast wrote: »
    I see some of y'all are still expecting white people to save y'all...

    Keep waiting on the system to be fixed...
    It dont think anybody's waiting to be saved. We just want the system to stop 🤬 over us so we can have the same opportunities as others. The margin of error for black folks is ALOT slimmer than other races

    Correct... So like Denzel said, don't make it easy. The way to combat it from our end is to take care of home.

    Simply pointing out injustice does nothing. And changing the system takes forever, if it ever happens.

    Literally your best solution for the time being is to take care of home.


    LPast wrote: »
    LPast wrote: »
    I see some of y'all are still expecting white people to save y'all...

    Keep waiting on the system to be fixed...
    It dont think anybody's waiting to be saved. We just want the system to stop 🤬 over us so we can have the same opportunities as others. The margin of error for black folks is ALOT slimmer than other races

    Correct... So like Denzel said, don't make it easy. The way to combat it from our end is to take care of home.

    Simply pointing out injustice does nothing. And changing the system takes forever, if it ever happens.

    Literally your best solution for the time being is to take care of home.

    the only problem with this is the same reason 🤬 bringing up everything but this...

    responsibility is a mean 🤬 ....especially when you have no one to blame.

    then the real 🤬 and the real men stand up and stand out.

    as long a fukk 🤬 running around they can hide amongst the problems. they can dodge growing up. they can dodge being a man.

    but if we can limit the fukery then guess what? them 🤬 out chea looking like fools.



    Facts
  • LPast
    LPast Members Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let me simplify it for y'all.

    Fool be once, shame on you
    Fool me twice, shame on me
Sign In or Register to comment.