What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

Eminem 8th studio album "Revival" 12/15/17

Comments

• L3NU
    L3NU Members Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭
    so serious question. Who told eminem that rapping to rock beats was a good idea? I dont mean an occasional sample like Sing for the Moment. I mean straight up sampling full rock beats like hes been doing since Recovery or so. I dont remember him doing that on the underrated Relapse. He said in a ton of interviews that all he listened to was hip hop. So I doubt he's even a fan of the genre like Jay Z legitimately is (even though hes not stupid enough to rap over joan jett).

so who the 🤬 told em to do so

this album sucks BTW. Not quite Encore bad, but damn, its disappointing as hell.

Rick Rubin told him who else
  • Broddie
    Broddie just me and my bitch NYCMembers Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Broddie wrote: »
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    He killed that verse on Compton a couple years ago

He just need to reconnect w/ Dre and those 2 need to lock in

🤬 Rick Rubin. Never saw why he was so sought after.

Rick good for a track or 2 but not a whole album. That 🤬 only works w/ early Run-DMC and the Beastie Boys

And LL.

and Johnny Cash.

Yeah but he didn't exactly have Johnny freaking it over Rock Box or Peter Piper style backdrops. Those American albums were pretty tough though.
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Only Christopher I acknowledge is Wallace At the 36th chamberMembers Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Stay wide awake is my favorite off relapse. He bodied that 🤬
  • Matike85
    Matike85 Members Posts: 4,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    In memory of a once creative force in hip hop here are some of what I consider his last true moments of greatness.

R.I.P. Eminem

And He had a fake British accent.... The legend continues...

0isq7gwix86i.gif
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla ... push up the fader... bust the meter... shake the tweeter Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Detroit lost...

First Big Sean now their biggest export as a rapper despite the abundance of talent in that city
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael IC Hall Of Famer, LOT Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Eminem hated relapse and think it sucks.

Crazy how people like it when the one who made it considers it garbage.

This is according to a new interview released yesterday.

He also says revival might be trash too and he's not sure if he's proud yet. He have yet read the reviews
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In memory of a once creative force in hip hop here are some of what I consider his last true moments of greatness.

R.I.P. Eminem

I like these three songs.
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY King of Myself Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭

He also says revival might be trash too and he's not sure if he's proud yet. He have yet read the reviews

🤬 Em, you think his opinion means 🤬 ? The same 🤬 that thought this aborted fetus Revival was worth dropping in it's current incarnation? Relapse > Revival
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY King of Myself Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭

R.I.P. Eminem

• Broddie
    edited December 2017

Just proves how out of touch he really has become.

LOL at him already trying to save face on Revival because the reception has been less than acceptable though. Yes it's pure trash but you felt confident enough to drop that 🤬 instead of going back to the lab and polishing it so you need to own it. It hasn't even been a week yet.

Tries so hard to be a people pleaser he loses track of the fact that he has to promote this album for about another 6 months. Smarten up Marshall.
  • Broddie

R.I.P. Eminem

Christopher Reeve on the mic >>>>>>> Migos
  • matches malone
    matches malone These neeghas have no respect for me. Members Posts: 3,067 ✭✭✭✭✭
    relapse is a staright up horrorcore concept album. somehow its even better now. I think it actually aged better all around than Recovery. Even the poppy songs, like We Made You and Bagpipes from Baghdad, are a little better than his other poppy stuff.
  • Broddie
    relapse is a staright up horrorcore concept album. somehow its even better now. I think it actually aged better all around than Recovery. Even the poppy songs, like We Made You and Bagpipes from Baghdad, are a little better than his other poppy stuff.

I still don't like We Made You outside of the beat which I consider one of the boppiest beats Dre ever made. I do agree that Relapse aged much better than Recovery though. Recovery still looks like MMLP compared to MMLP2 and this symphony of 🤬 he just dropped.
  • C.Kay
    C.Kay Members Posts: 17 ✭✭
    edited December 2017
    The album’s a bag of 🤬
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla ... push up the fader... bust the meter... shake the tweeter Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's a good album cos Dre's signature sound was all over that 🤬 .. album sounded quite similar to SSLP in tone and structure
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    last of Em/Slim Shady

• Stew
    Stew Rap Music Is My Religion HTTRMembers, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    dude shouldve changed all the beats and dropped the album 6 months from now. Call it "Empeachment".

Somebody export this into the right hands.
  • L3NU
    L3NU Members Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He just needs some dre beats, just blaze, maybe a dj premiere track or 2, and bass brothers

A collab with jay z and nas on the same track
    Slaughter house, and one collab with jcole and no pop collabs def no 🤬 skylargray and pink
    No screaming, no choppy flow, no singing on hooks, just rap...but not about Kim or hailie or his mom or his struggle with fame

Wow that list got alot longer than I expected
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    and he should at least have a blunt
  • Broddie
    VIBE wrote: »
    last of Em/Slim Shady

Death of Shady or was it the resurrection?

• Broddie
    edited December 2017
    L3NU wrote: »
    He just needs some dre beats, just blaze, maybe a dj premiere track or 2, and bass brothers

A collab with jay z and nas on the same track
    Slaughter house, and one collab with jcole and no pop collabs def no 🤬 skylargray and pink
    No screaming, no choppy flow, no singing on hooks, just rap...but not about Kim or hailie or his mom or his struggle with fame

Wow that list got alot longer than I expected

Wasn't Just Blaze on Revival? If it's that Just Blaze no thanks. What the hell ever happened to The Bass Brothers anyway? Such an underrated and critical component of his earliest success.
  • gemini86
    gemini86 Members Posts: 5,180 ✭✭✭✭✭
    at least give me a 50 cent feature
  • rip.dilla
    WOAT Just Blaze production I ever heard was 🤬 he produced for Eminem... on Recovery. His production on this new joint too I heard is lacking

I think it's a White thing...

He used to diss White pop stars now he litters them on his recent records

Em can spit on soulful beats. Anyone who's listened to Infinite his very first (non studio LP) can attest to that