What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

Official Star Wars Cinematic Universe Thread: Now Showing : Ep VIII - The Last Jedi (15 Dec)

1105106107108109111»

Comments

  • Agrv2385
    Agrv2385 Members Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agrv2385 wrote: »
    for those of you who keep saying kylo was lying about rey's lineage to get her to turn....

    Star Wars: The Last Jedi director Rian Johnson states that Kylo Ren was not lying about Rey’s parentage when he told his frenemy they were nobodies.

    “That’s what Kylo sees and that’s what he tells her and I think he’s not lying in that moment. That’s what he saw and she seems to believe it when she hears it. I don’t want to … I’m not writing the next film, we’ll see how they handle it going forward, and as we all know in these movies, there’s always a certain point of view that’s involved. But, for me, I’ll tell you that was the … I can understand why that answer doesn’t feel good. It’s not supposed to feel good. It’s supposed to be the hardest thing she could possibly hear in that moment.”

    so quit acting like there was some grand master plan behind it that we'll find out about later. He 🤬 it up point blank. Why you think he's giving all these defensive interviews now justifying what he did.

    I can still see JJ Abrams change it but eh. This should’ve stayed the story of a Skywalker I mean Ben solo is the other main star but still...

    nah i agree. but for those thinkin that rian had this all planned out from the jump and that he has some secret reveal in mind for rey. He said himself what they do with it they next movie is up the JJ. cuz he know he 🤬 up with that weak ass reveal move. Speaking of.....

    Rotten Tomatoes Says Last Jedi User Score is Accurate

    “We have several teams of security, network, and social database experts who constantly monitor reviews and ratings to ensure that they are genuine. They haven’t seen anything unusual with The Last Jedi, except that there has been an uptick in the number of written user reviews submitted. Aside from that, everything is normal and we don’t see any unusual activity. We looked at The Last Jedi compared to other blockbusters and it has been consistent with those past films.”

    “I can’t explain why there’s such a disparity. How we take this is that people are super passionate about this movie. On the positive side, our site is popular, and it has become an important platform for debate and discussion.”
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Eatin pussy and kickin ass Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    loch121 wrote: »

    And yes failure is a running theme.but rose and Finn's mission really was a success because they inspired new rebels with the kid.

    Oh great we gotta wait 15 years for six 7 year olds to be old enough to fight.

    This was just a bad movie, tried too hard to be funny and was hella corny.

    Like this chick literally said with her dying words “we don’t win by fighting what we hate, we win by saving what we love”. LOLOL LIKE R U SERIOUS!!
  • LordZuko
    LordZuko Black Ronin A swirling tempest in the midnight sunMembers Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will Munny wrote: »
    loch121 wrote: »

    And yes failure is a running theme.but rose and Finn's mission really was a success because they inspired new rebels with the kid.

    Oh great we gotta wait 15 years for six 7 year olds to be old enough to fight.

    This was just a bad movie, tried too hard to be funny and was hella corny.

    Like this chick literally said with her dying words “we don’t win by fighting what we hate, we win by saving what we love”. LOLOL LIKE R U SERIOUS!!

    I know a 🤬 wrote that line. Like i know a pair of 🤬 and ovaries was in the script writing session like "Imma 🤬 em with this one"
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Woodz of Inglez Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LordZuko wrote: »
    loch121 wrote: »
    Obi wan had Luke practice sword fighting with a little ass golf ball robot,so you think that's better practice than Rey actually fighting off real opponents? That ball was a 🤬 .pause

    Rey has had more training than Luke.She already has the force and it's probably stronger than his.She has been practicing combat and acrobatics like we see in the 1st scene of FA.She probably spent more time on that Island than Luke spent with Yoda.

    Yoda had him balancing/moving rocks and 🤬 and she moved rocks and cracked the ground.I saw her practicing with her sword.I assume there was rocky like montage cut out

    They both had visions

    Sad to say but Luke died a broken man.I think he damn near felt he made the same mistake as his father and the cycle just continues with Ben.

    I mean it may not be triumphant,but it's more realistic than some happy 🤬 .War is hell

    Yoda,Obi,Annakin, etc all kinda ended up old and disillusioned.Obi just disappeared in front of Darth like "Focker Out"

    She was literally fighting bums. Less than a week ago.
    These the 🤬 she fought after a weekend seminar on Jedi island

    The Red guard
    How powerful are the royal guards from Star Wars?

    It depends if we are talking about Canon or Legends.

    As in Legends the Royal Guard are immensely powerful. With highly resistant battle armor, along with lightsaber resistant force pikes that when turned on high could shock the entire nervous system of anything smaller than a Bantha, and on it’s lowest setting incapacitate a wookie. It should also be mentioned that the force pike was not just an Electroshockstaff, but also a vibro weapon, able to cut through armor like butter, and dismember someone with just a tap. Not only this, but they are highly trained in hand to hand combat when disarmed, which is an extremely rare occurence. It has also been shown that a single Royal Guard showing up can turn the tides of a battle within mere minutes. A comic book details the losing battle of an imperial remnant, when an RG shows up and just absolutely destroys the opposing forces. My favorite panel of this comic displays how perfect the Royal Guard is, showing him taking down a starship by shooting a blaster pistol through the cockpit, and taking out the pilot in one shot. It is also heavily implied that 2 Royal Guard would be capable of killing Ferus Olin. Not at peak power, of course, but even when he wasn’t at peak power Ferus Olin was amazingly powerful. Superhuman combat abilities are a hall mark of the Legends Royal Guard.

    Rey is basically a Mary Sue and her stats and feats are accomplishment of plot and agenda

    Where the 🤬 you get all this from?! Man I don’t know 🤬 about Star Wars.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli I'll getchu bitch!!! Somewhere drunk off my ass.Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LordZuko wrote: »
    loch121 wrote: »
    Obi wan had Luke practice sword fighting with a little ass golf ball robot,so you think that's better practice than Rey actually fighting off real opponents? That ball was a 🤬 .pause

    Rey has had more training than Luke.She already has the force and it's probably stronger than his.She has been practicing combat and acrobatics like we see in the 1st scene of FA.She probably spent more time on that Island than Luke spent with Yoda.

    Yoda had him balancing/moving rocks and 🤬 and she moved rocks and cracked the ground.I saw her practicing with her sword.I assume there was rocky like montage cut out

    They both had visions

    Sad to say but Luke died a broken man.I think he damn near felt he made the same mistake as his father and the cycle just continues with Ben.

    I mean it may not be triumphant,but it's more realistic than some happy 🤬 .War is hell

    Yoda,Obi,Annakin, etc all kinda ended up old and disillusioned.Obi just disappeared in front of Darth like "Focker Out"

    She was literally fighting bums. Less than a week ago.
    These the 🤬 she fought after a weekend seminar on Jedi island

    The Red guard
    How powerful are the royal guards from Star Wars?

    It depends if we are talking about Canon or Legends.

    As in Legends the Royal Guard are immensely powerful. With highly resistant battle armor, along with lightsaber resistant force pikes that when turned on high could shock the entire nervous system of anything smaller than a Bantha, and on it’s lowest setting incapacitate a wookie. It should also be mentioned that the force pike was not just an Electroshockstaff, but also a vibro weapon, able to cut through armor like butter, and dismember someone with just a tap. Not only this, but they are highly trained in hand to hand combat when disarmed, which is an extremely rare occurence. It has also been shown that a single Royal Guard showing up can turn the tides of a battle within mere minutes. A comic book details the losing battle of an imperial remnant, when an RG shows up and just absolutely destroys the opposing forces. My favorite panel of this comic displays how perfect the Royal Guard is, showing him taking down a starship by shooting a blaster pistol through the cockpit, and taking out the pilot in one shot. It is also heavily implied that 2 Royal Guard would be capable of killing Ferus Olin. Not at peak power, of course, but even when he wasn’t at peak power Ferus Olin was amazingly powerful. Superhuman combat abilities are a hall mark of the Legends Royal Guard.

    Rey is basically a Mary Sue and her stats and feats are accomplishment of plot and agenda

    Where the 🤬 you get all this from?! Man I don’t know 🤬 about Star Wars.

    He's a nerd
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Woodz of Inglez Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    After thinking on it a day or 2... this movie was trash. I started thinking back to the story elements they setup in force awakens... this movie basically said, “yeah 🤬 all that.”

    I like Jon Boyega and the Finn character, but he’s being wasted. Daisy Ridley is an ok actress, but Rey is meh...

    They did better with Kylo Ren’ s character here at least. They want to make Poe cool, but he a herb. I hate how happy he is when he sees Finn or BB8.

    They set Leia up like she strong in the force, but did nothing of consequence with it.

    Snoke... smh. Should’ve let him catch the fade with Kylo and Rey, properly.

    Luke was wasted. I don’t mind that he died. I thought he should have anyway. His showdown with Kylo should’ve been epic and they almost had it, then... nope.

    Yeah. Not feelin this 🤬 . Revenge of the Sith and Clone Wars cartoon is the best of the Star Wars saga. Rest of this 🤬 I couldn’t care less about
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LordZuko wrote: »
    loch121 wrote: »
    Obi wan had Luke practice sword fighting with a little ass golf ball robot,so you think that's better practice than Rey actually fighting off real opponents? That ball was a 🤬 .pause

    Rey has had more training than Luke.She already has the force and it's probably stronger than his.She has been practicing combat and acrobatics like we see in the 1st scene of FA.She probably spent more time on that Island than Luke spent with Yoda.

    Yoda had him balancing/moving rocks and 🤬 and she moved rocks and cracked the ground.I saw her practicing with her sword.I assume there was rocky like montage cut out

    They both had visions

    Sad to say but Luke died a broken man.I think he damn near felt he made the same mistake as his father and the cycle just continues with Ben.

    I mean it may not be triumphant,but it's more realistic than some happy 🤬 .War is hell

    Yoda,Obi,Annakin, etc all kinda ended up old and disillusioned.Obi just disappeared in front of Darth like "Focker Out"

    She was literally fighting bums. Less than a week ago.
    These the 🤬 she fought after a weekend seminar on Jedi island

    The Red guard
    How powerful are the royal guards from Star Wars?

    It depends if we are talking about Canon or Legends.

    As in Legends the Royal Guard are immensely powerful. With highly resistant battle armor, along with lightsaber resistant force pikes that when turned on high could shock the entire nervous system of anything smaller than a Bantha, and on it’s lowest setting incapacitate a wookie. It should also be mentioned that the force pike was not just an Electroshockstaff, but also a vibro weapon, able to cut through armor like butter, and dismember someone with just a tap. Not only this, but they are highly trained in hand to hand combat when disarmed, which is an extremely rare occurence. It has also been shown that a single Royal Guard showing up can turn the tides of a battle within mere minutes. A comic book details the losing battle of an imperial remnant, when an RG shows up and just absolutely destroys the opposing forces. My favorite panel of this comic displays how perfect the Royal Guard is, showing him taking down a starship by shooting a blaster pistol through the cockpit, and taking out the pilot in one shot. It is also heavily implied that 2 Royal Guard would be capable of killing Ferus Olin. Not at peak power, of course, but even when he wasn’t at peak power Ferus Olin was amazingly powerful. Superhuman combat abilities are a hall mark of the Legends Royal Guard.

    Rey is basically a Mary Sue and her stats and feats are accomplishment of plot and agenda

    Where the 🤬 you get all this from?! Man I don’t know 🤬 about Star Wars.

    He's a nerd

  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think Rey told chewey to tell Finn she loved him in case she didn't make it.

    but it was in wookie.He said I love you in wookie and she said something like "Yeah tell him that"
  • Beta
    Beta #FastFamily Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where would y'all rank this movie?
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weaker than 4-6 and Force awakens

    But better than rogue one and 1-3
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Eatin pussy and kickin ass Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I liked Rogue One better than this one.

    This one was terrible. Why was Luke Skywalker even in it?
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli I'll getchu bitch!!! Somewhere drunk off my ass.Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weaker than 4-6 and Force awakens

    But better than rogue one and 1-3

    Better than rougue 1 or rots?
  • Huey_C
    Huey_C I'm a fucking prick.. Lord Huey Members Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weaker than 4-6 and Force awakens

    But better than rogue one and 1-3

    Rogue one 🤬 on this
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Kushite descent... wandering child from Meru of Old TrentonMembers Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So some of ya really believe Rey and Kylo to be stronger than Prime Vader and Prime Luke??? and Andy S out here saying Snoke stronger than Vader... please explain
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey mikeyismod CHITOWN THE BEST TOWNMembers, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli I'll getchu bitch!!! Somewhere drunk off my ass.Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭

    You're late also said that he began to get where rian Johnson was going with Luke's character.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I liked it...i was with a 🤬 on a movie date...

    Neways the was this young kid like 11 or 12 and he was watchn the movie like it was goat status...it made me think of people in the 80s that first watched star wars n were hype
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wonder if that lil boy at end becomes a jedi
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Finn shoulda died
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli I'll getchu bitch!!! Somewhere drunk off my ass.Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Max. wrote: »
    I liked it...i was with a 🤬 on a movie date...

    Neways the was this young kid like 11 or 12 and he was watchn the movie like it was goat status...it made me think of people in the 80s that first watched star wars n were hype

    Thats the age these movies are aimed at PRImarily its us knowit all adults that find it hard to enjoy.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Max. wrote: »
    Wonder if that lil boy at end becomes a jedi

    Just saw a vid where he had the broom float i to his hands...didnt even see that 🤬 ...so he has the force
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Down in Miami where it's warm in the winter. Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Found the movie to be average. Better than Force Awakens but worse than Rogue One. 🤬 , I found Rogue One to be great
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    I thought this whole forum was gone.Came back and the new BS was showing.

    but yeah I assume Kylo and Rey are stronger because they both scared Luke in that same way that Annakin and Luke scared Yoda and Obi in a way.

    They always said the force was very strong w/ them and they always feared them turning to the dark side.

    I could be wrong,but that's the conclusion I came to

    Also what's the point of making a sequel with weaker characters?

    You know what I want to see,the force do things I never saw.I was kinda let down when TFA didn't show new powers.

    We have only really seen the force do a few things.Why not go all out with it?I'm game for changing things

    Leia floating in space doesn't bother me 1 bit.

    And does it really matter if Luke was actually there or not if was still willing to give his life?

  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli I'll getchu bitch!!! Somewhere drunk off my ass.Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been thinking and there's a few things that kinda bothered me. There were too many callbacks to empire strikes back. Its like all of these trilogies are following the same pattern. The heroes get separated , large vehicular ground battles , the protagonist gets a vision and rushes off to leave. I like ray but I feel she's too overpowered . the arrogance of her to think she could bring ben back from the darkside. I feel that the writing was kinda lazy. I also wish they didn't 🤬 Luke off at least until the third movie and had his death really mean something. I wanted to see him fight side by side with rey master and apprentice
Sign In or Register to comment.