What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

The Knowledge Thread. Ask anything.

135

Comments

  • Knives Amilli
    Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    gns wrote: »
    dam sentry crazy ass got some of rogues bayou 🤬 ? when this happen?

    and i thought magneto or joseph had hit already, po gambit.

    I think Rogue has slept with Gambit by this time...its just that she apparently lost her virginity to the Sentry. It was revealed in his "Fallen Sun" one shot post death issue. Fans hated it.
  • Knives Amilli
    Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Word. This is a throw to the pre crisis days when Lex and Clark did grow up together. The origin of Lex's hatred for Supes being, Lex caused a fire, Superboy came and put the fire out, causing Lex's hair to fall out. Weak ass story telling and plot devices, but hey it was the 50's. In the interest of full disclosure, Byrnes' interpretion of Supes was my first exposure to the character, ( do have ten issues of pre-crisis Supes, but that's not nearly enough to give you a feel for the character. So I'm bias towards, Byrnes, Ordway, Jurgens, and Wolfman. In my opinion, Byrnes diciption of the Supes/Lex relationship was better. Also can somebody answer this question. In Action, Lex has a Lois robot, somebody please tell me that Lex is not 🤬 the Lois robot.

    Yea bro. The Man of Steel reboot is the only continuity I acknowledge. 🤬 Birthright and Secret origin with their silver age pandering. I prefer the idea that Lex and Clark are two sides of the American Dream: Clark is an immigrant raised in farmland America to salt of the Earth folks instilling in him old school values. Lex is the self made man who had to tough it out in the big city, and despite being an arrogant 🤬 , worked hard to be where he's at. I never understood the obsession with having to have your hero and villian be connected throughout their entire life.

    Is Liefeld to comics, what Soulja Boy is to rap?

    Rob actually had talent at one point. His work on the "Hawk and Dove" (written by Karl Kesel) miniseries of the early 90's was pretty good. He just got lazy. And he takes the criticism with grace. Soulja Boy would probably be a 🤬 about it and try to wile out.
  • Knives Amilli
    Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    The Jamel wrote: »
    Why was YoungBloods hated so much?

    Am I the only one that thinks Romulus is a bit cheesy?

    Should I hang on to my Death of Superman collection? or use it as toilet paper?

    Prime, are they ever bringing back Prime?

    Seriously, how the 🤬 did Jackie (the darkness) not die after impregnating Sara (witchblade)

    People hate youngblood just cuz it was apart of the 90's glut of X-Force/New Mutants ripoffs, and they were created by Rob Liefeld.

    Yes Romulus sucked. Which is why no writers are acknowledging his existence.

    Id hold on to it for sentimental value...but if your looking to cash out down the line, forget about it. They're largely worthless nowadays. It sold too well.

    I doubt they'll bring back any of the Malibu characters. Marvel purchased the company and hasn't used a single character.

    They didn't really say how Jackie got Sara pregnant without dying. Maybe just cuz of the natures of the Witchblade and Darkness.
  • arbitration
    arbitration Members Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Has Lois Lane ever been portrayed as a gold-digger? I know it sounds absurd, but don't anyone find it ironic she used to be with Lex Luthor, and then got with Supes?
  • jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    nice thread, should be very informative for many
  • jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    CapitalB wrote: »
    here's a couple.. so im watchin Black Panther the other day.. and dude was gettin in Captain America's ass.. he's no alien so i wouldnt even try and pit him against Supes or someone else with magical powers..
    but who u think would win out of BP and BatMan??

    after watchin that short film i think i may have a new favorite super hero.. AND he's black..
    I'd say Black Panther would win the majority, whether that would play out in comics is a different story..Think of T'challa as Batman, with more resources, who also has the physical attributes of Captain America..Cap is stronger than BP, but BP is faster..They're both >>> Batman
  • jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    CapitalB wrote: »
    BOOM! looks like i got a new favorite. lol

    aiight.. my next one.. w/o Kryptonite.. who 🤬 with Supes??
    i think its kind of 🤬 up he the only one with a weakness but i digress..

    Supes isn't the only one with a weakness, but there are many folks who can hang with Clark. Unfortunately in DC, he's #1 so its highly unlikely any hero will be shown greater than Superman, as mentioned, Captain Marvel and Black Adam are on par, as well as competent GLs like Hal and possibly Kyle depending on whether he's whining or not. Diana can in some instances and the Manhunter..in Marvel, guys like Thor, Gladiator, Surfer, Adam Warlock..there are quite a few characters actually.
  • jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Very.

    His powerset is super strength, speed, enhanced sense (tho not as good as Superman's probably), flight, shape shifting, density manipulation (Can go intangible like a ghost or as dense as a planets core), invisibility, telepathy (probably the greatest telepath on Earth) and this heat visiion type of power called Martian Vision. He's a beast.
    Right, MM is a beast and I believe Supes made this comment during the Burning Martian saga iirc..MM was beasting the entire league without his fire weakness.
  • jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    If you want to read more about him, I recommend Young Avengers. The bulk of the series is only 12 issues long (the series went on hiatus and never resumed its ongoing status and only 2 worthwhile miniseries have been released: Young Avengers Presents and Avengers: Children's Crusade) While its his grandson thats doing the superheroing, its pleasing seeing someone carry on Isaiah's legacy.

    And as far as Xavier being crooked? Yeah its kind of a running joke among fandom that another skeleton falls out of his closet every year.

    What it is I think writers wanted to show that many people with good intentions (particularly revolutionists and those promoting social change) have to make "for the greater good" type of decisions, even at the hinderence of living beings.

    The three biggest revelations readers found about Xavier was:

    1. There was a team of X-Men assembled BEFORE the All New X-Men. The all new x men was, prior to the Jim Lee era team (the era the 90's cartoon is loosely based off of), the most famous iteration of the team. The All News (assembled in '75) featured, for the first time, many fan favorites such as Storm, Colossus, Nightcrawler and Wolverine (who had previously been a Hulk enemy).

    For those who don't know, the All news were assembled to rescue Jean Grey, Iceman,Beast, Angel, Polaris, and Havok from a mutant island named Krakoa.

    What we found out was that the team assembled before the All News had already been sent in to rescue the captured X-Men. And died trying. Xavier then mindwiped Cyclops (the only member who escaped the initial capturing and the only xman who knew of the slaughtered team) to spare him the pain of not only knowing that a team of xmen died to save him BUT that also one of those dead xmen was his brother, a guy named Vulcan (who'd come back to haunt the xmen in a big way). (this story was collected as X-Men: Deadly Genesis).

    2. The other bit of news that surfaced was that after upgrading the danger room with advanced Sh'iar technology, it became sentient/self aware. Xavier (being a very powerful telepath and all) picked up on its initial thoughts, but decided to ignore it and further "subjugated" it as a training facility and just that, without ever telling anyone or acknowledging its sentience.

    That was until it became self aware enough to fully turn on the X Men and manipulate them in freeing her (yes the danger room is a woman) from her central CPU. She's on the X-Men's side now tho. (all of this BTW can be found in the Astonishing X-Men: Danger trade paperback.

    3. and finally Xavier was the mutant representative of a secret society (dubbed the Illuminati, no Hova) composed of the Marvel Universe's most powerful and influential men. (Reed Richards aka Mr. Fantastic=Smartest man on earth leader of the Fantastic Four, Tony Stark aka Iron Man=Billionaire genius industrialist and influential founding member of the Avengers, Black Bolt=king of the Inhumans, Dr. Stranger=Earth's Sorcerer Supreme: the absolute authority of Magic and Namor the Sub Mariner=king of Atlantis and king of the seas) who not only kept their existence secret from the rest of the heroes (except Black Panther who they initially offered membership but he declined on the reason that there shouldn't be anyone behind the scenes, manipulating people and events in their favor) but in being "proactive", ended up instigating the Hulk's attack on New York and the Skrull invasion.

    and to add to this, he's also responsible for Onslaught
  • jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    dusouljah wrote: »
    oh and what is post crisis??

    Pre-crisis is when the DC heroes were ridiculously powerful. The Crisis toned things down a bit
  • jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Ponder the following scenarios:

    What will happen if the Blob and the Juggernaunt collided?
    bounce off each other unless 🤬 forcefield can override the Blob
    Who's the more powerful mystic, Strange, Zatana, Zatara, or Fate?
    between Strange and Fate
    Who's faster Captain Marvel (DC,) or Diana. Member they both have the speed of Hermes.
    it's about even.
    Hulk v Superman. Superman. Supes haves super speed and flight. Supes can hover over the Hulk. If The Hulk leapt at Supes, Supes would wait for the last possible minute, using his super fast reflexs move out of the way, grap The Hulk, then fling The Hulk into space. I personally would think that Supes wouldn't engage in The Hulk in combat. I think he would use these two powers to his advantage. The fight would last minutes, if not even seconds.
    I'd say 50/50 could go either way depending on circumstances.
    Supes v Thor
    about 50/50 but Thor brings more to the table. Superman won in their fight in JLA/Avengers, but at the sametime, DC won't have Superman lose in a crossover like this.
    Is Rogue a 🤬 ?
    haha, nope

    Admit it. Kryto is a wack ass concept.
    Who's more powerful? Supergirl or Diana. Is Supergirl, though only a teenager, stronger because of her Krytonian hertiage. Or is Diana stronger due to maturity and experience.
    At this point, I believe the edge belongs to Diana..while Supergirl may have more raw power (debateable), Diana is far more skilled.
    Why is Namor better than Aquaman?
    He's much more stronger and durable, he also has flight and other obscure powers he pulls out of his ass every now and then, but Aquaman has telepathy.
    Finally, why is Rob Liefeld the most despised man in comics?
    hmm, it may be because of his drawings or that whole Spawn/Spidey fiasco
  • jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    gns wrote: »
    dam sentry crazy ass got some of rogues bayou 🤬 ? when this happen?

    and i thought magneto or joseph had hit already, po gambit.

    Rogue was Mags lady in the Age of Apocalypse story line..In that arc, Magneto figured out a way to avoid Rogue's power absorption abilities.
  • jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    The Jamel wrote: »
    Why was YoungBloods hated so much?

    Am I the only one that thinks Romulus is a bit cheesy?

    Should I hang on to my Death of Superman collection? or use it as toilet paper?

    Prime, are they ever bringing back Prime?

    Seriously, how the 🤬 did Jackie (the darkness) not die after impregnating Sara (witchblade)

    do not part ways with your Death of Superman issues
  • jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Now I never said Cpt. Marvel could beat Supes...He can just go toe to toe with him...

    And you underestimating WW, brah. She's Asgardian level powerful. An Amazon (who are already quite durable) with the gods blessings=A 🤬 beast. BUt thing is that yeah Superman is godlevel and never really shown to go all out.

    When you say Asgardian level or you referring to DCs Asgard or Marvel? I'm asking because Diana is a bit more powerful than your average Marvel Asgardian.
  • jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    I personally think Diana is a more cunning warrior than Thor and she knows Kal, she'd know how to take him out....BUT i think ill concede that Supes probably would beat Diana though now when I really think about it.

    And Aquaman only dropped an orca on Namor, Namor wasn't pinned down.

    Superman would beat Diana a majority of times no doubt. Diana can win a few.
  • Dupac
    Dupac Retired PurgatoryMembers, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Lex became President strictly on some "IF im President, Superman can't touch me. Its the one thing HE can't beat me at". Lex wasn't as bad a President as one would have thought, but he still was very corrupt and still attempted to get over on Superman a couple times. His fall from Presidency (which was kind out of nowhere and out of character) took place in the first Superman/Batman storyline "Public Enemies".

    This is the first ive heard about Lex trying to have the Joker assassinated. During this time in DC, both Superman and (especially) Batman had their plates full in their respective titles. Like every time you looked up, there was a huge as crossover going on in Batman and the Batman titles became really closed off from the larger DCU. Point is, there wasn't too much " outside interference" from non Batman characters so its not that likely (possible but not likely)that the "Lex tried to assinate joker while he was prez" thing happened....
    ok, i found more on it...

    it was the "Last Luagh story line...

    Plot Summary
    While locked up in the Slab penitentiary, the Joker finds he has a terminal brain tumor. Determined to go out with a bang, he uses a venom to "jokerize" other inmates, making them insane and bear a physical resemblance to his own white skin, green hair, and wide smile. A riot breaks out in the Slab and Black Canary, Nightwing, and Batman move in to put it down while Dina Bell and Shilo Norman are trapped inside. The Joker prompts Black Mass to suck the prison into a black hole while he and the other villains escape. Blue Beetle narrowly rescues Black Canary, Batman, and Nightwing while Dina and Shilo are not as lucky. Barbara Gordon feels remorseful for being absent on a date with 🤬 Grayson (Nightwing) while the riot first broke out and begins to wish she could 🤬 the Joker for the pain he's caused in her life.

    Chaos soon spreads throughout the entire DC Universe and war is declared against the Joker by President Lex Luthor. While JLA searches for him, the Joker hides out on Easter Island and sends his minions to capture Harley Quinn so he can impregnate her and produce an heir. Harley is eventually rescued by Spoiler, Batgirl, and Power Girl. Harley is upset that the Joker had tried to do this without marrying her first.

    Meanwhile, the Joker grows disgruntled at the lack of creativity behind his minions' havoc, realizing that "every other crisis" involves red skies and crazy weather. With the assistance of Stormfront and Mr. 104, the Joker poisons the atmosphere and creates "crazy rain", spreading his laughing toxin across the world. His next plan is the assassination of President Luthor.

    While the "jokerized" villains are being rounded up, Kirk Langstrom discovers that the venom they are affected with is also deadly and works to produce an antidote with the reluctant help of Harley Quinn. Black Canary also discovers that the Joker's CAT scans were modified and that doctors lied to him about his death with the hope that it would cause him to lead a more sane life.

    Inside the Slab, Shilo and Dina are struggling to find a way to get themselves and the prison back to earth. They initially try to find Black Mass to reverse the gravity well with the help of Mister Mind, however Dina accidentally shoots Black Mass during a run-in with the Maneaters. They eventually resort to killing Multi-Man over and over until he is able to reanimate Black Mass who then sends them back to earth.

    Huntress is sent to Arkham Asylum to find Robin, who disappeared into the building and stopped sending out reports. After encountering Killer Croc, she finds what appears to be Robin's remains. Nightwing, enraged over Robin's death, goes to face the Joker one-on-one and beats him to near-death until the Bat family, Robin included, arrives on the scene much to Nightwing's surprise. The Joker is revived and returned to prison where he is put in a windowless, doorless cell (with out an audience to entertain. The jokerized villains are finally returned to their normal selves and all is well, until the next crisis that is.


    http://www.comicvine.com/joker-last-laugh/39-46441/
  • Dupac
    Dupac Retired PurgatoryMembers, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    night wing went hard....
  • Trollio
    Trollio Trollololololololololol Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    hulk vs superman
    (the mos tpowerful of each one)

    who winning?
  • thedesolateone
    thedesolateone Members Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    is the joker sanest or insanest
  • Knives Amilli
    Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    The Hacker wrote: »
    hulk vs superman
    (the mos tpowerful of each one)

    who winning?

    Id say Superman, he's too versatile.
  • Knives Amilli
    Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    is the joker sanest or insanest

    Sane enough to know he's insane
  • Knives Amilli
    Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    dusouljah wrote: »
    ok, i found more on it...

    it was the "Last Luagh story line...

    Plot Summary
    While locked up in the Slab penitentiary, the Joker finds he has a terminal brain tumor. Determined to go out with a bang, he uses a venom to "jokerize" other inmates, making them insane and bear a physical resemblance to his own white skin, green hair, and wide smile. A riot breaks out in the Slab and Black Canary, Nightwing, and Batman move in to put it down while Dina Bell and Shilo Norman are trapped inside. The Joker prompts Black Mass to suck the prison into a black hole while he and the other villains escape. Blue Beetle narrowly rescues Black Canary, Batman, and Nightwing while Dina and Shilo are not as lucky. Barbara Gordon feels remorseful for being absent on a date with 🤬 Grayson (Nightwing) while the riot first broke out and begins to wish she could 🤬 the Joker for the pain he's caused in her life.

    Chaos soon spreads throughout the entire DC Universe and war is declared against the Joker by President Lex Luthor. While JLA searches for him, the Joker hides out on Easter Island and sends his minions to capture Harley Quinn so he can impregnate her and produce an heir. Harley is eventually rescued by Spoiler, Batgirl, and Power Girl. Harley is upset that the Joker had tried to do this without marrying her first.

    Meanwhile, the Joker grows disgruntled at the lack of creativity behind his minions' havoc, realizing that "every other crisis" involves red skies and crazy weather. With the assistance of Stormfront and Mr. 104, the Joker poisons the atmosphere and creates "crazy rain", spreading his laughing toxin across the world. His next plan is the assassination of President Luthor.

    While the "jokerized" villains are being rounded up, Kirk Langstrom discovers that the venom they are affected with is also deadly and works to produce an antidote with the reluctant help of Harley Quinn. Black Canary also discovers that the Joker's CAT scans were modified and that doctors lied to him about his death with the hope that it would cause him to lead a more sane life.

    Inside the Slab, Shilo and Dina are struggling to find a way to get themselves and the prison back to earth. They initially try to find Black Mass to reverse the gravity well with the help of Mister Mind, however Dina accidentally shoots Black Mass during a run-in with the Maneaters. They eventually resort to killing Multi-Man over and over until he is able to reanimate Black Mass who then sends them back to earth.

    Huntress is sent to Arkham Asylum to find Robin, who disappeared into the building and stopped sending out reports. After encountering Killer Croc, she finds what appears to be Robin's remains. Nightwing, enraged over Robin's death, goes to face the Joker one-on-one and beats him to near-death until the Bat family, Robin included, arrives on the scene much to Nightwing's surprise. The Joker is revived and returned to prison where he is put in a windowless, doorless cell (with out an audience to entertain. The jokerized villains are finally returned to their normal selves and all is well, until the next crisis that is.


    http://www.comicvine.com/joker-last-laugh/39-46441/

    Oh forgot about the Last Laugh crossover. Well that was a "THIS 🤬 GOTTA GO" type of situation. Wasn't really personal.
  • Knives Amilli
    Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    jaxn wrote: »
    When you say Asgardian level or you referring to DCs Asgard or Marvel? I'm asking because Diana is a bit more powerful than your average Marvel Asgardian.

    I meant Marvel Asgardian level, specifically the ones among Thor's inner circle who are stronger than normal Asgardians.
  • Knives Amilli
    Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Has Lois Lane ever been portrayed as a gold-digger? I know it sounds absurd, but don't anyone find it ironic she used to be with Lex Luthor, and then got with Supes?

    She's attracted to strong, assertive men. Hence why she's dated both, depending on the continuity.
  • Dupac
    Dupac Retired PurgatoryMembers, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Oh forgot about the Last Laugh crossover. Well that was a "THIS 🤬 GOTTA GO" type of situation. Wasn't really personal.

    yea, when i first saw it, it wasn't this detailed, it just said that lex was president and tried to 🤬 joker, so joker went at lex..

    i was like..

    damn that seems tuff... but comic vine had the break down,, that 🤬 must've been the GOAT.....they shoulda made an animated movie on that one.....
    9173_400x600.jpg