What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

JAY-Z- if you're gonna come sign to Roc Nation, just realize it's going to take a sec

talik23
talik23 Members Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭
edited August 2011 in The Reason
"J. Cole is pretty close, he's coming out in September," Jay told Angie Martinez on August 1st. "He's got a great album. Jay Electronica is working on a great album as well. He's pretty close. Bridget Kelly just released -- her debut song, 'Thinking About Forever' -- For me, if you're gonna come sign to Roc Nation, just realize it's going to take a second. I'm into artists. I'm not really into putting a single out. It takes a minute to build artists. It's just true. You can't come off the street and make a classic. Rarely does that happen. Lauryn Hill was in the business for 700 years before she put out the Miseducation of Lauryn Hill. She had to go through some things. You have to go through some things." (Hot 97)

Last month, Jay Electronica opened up about his forthcoming Roc Nation debut.

"Sometimes im Jay Electronica. sometimes im Jay Electron*gga. i wanna let yall hear this one record from Act II: Patents Of Nobility (the turn) called "Road To Perdition" feat. Mr. Carter so bad.," he tweeted July 11th.

"Album soon come. Ask Bun B, he heard the album in its entirety. a thouand kisses to all of those who have supported me since Act I: Eternal Sunshine (the pledge). I am grateful for your patience. I will not let any of you down. I promise. I will not let any of you down. I promise."

"Jay Z, Bun B, Jeymes Samuel, Tony Tagoe, Erykah Badu. These are the only ppl that have heard the album in its entirety." (Jay Electronica's Twitter)

Comments

• Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    j. cole probably wished he got that heads up
  • thesynthesis
    thesynthesis Members Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    dead @ all this

j cole lost
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Co-Owner Of AllhipHop.com, Super Moderator, Administrator, Moderator Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited August 2011
    This should get good
  • Niggas back
    Niggas back Members Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    j. Cole probably wished he got that heads up

rofl..............
  • deeroc22
    deeroc22 Members Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Jay-z this Jay-z that...didnt we already kow when J.Coles album was dropping..
  • thesynthesis
    edited August 2011
    j cole got that same expression Craig Mack had in the video where Puff talks about his album coming out

• Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Never selling dreams, always serving cream SeattleMembers Posts: 50,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    waiting for the J electronica album still.......
  • thesynthesis
    edited August 2011
    i agree with Jay's methods.

some of yall sound like a bunch of ol "strike while the iron is hot" ass 🤬 , playing fantasy football with these rap dudes' careers as if yall know whats best.

tru life................
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Co-Owner Of AllhipHop.com, Super Moderator, Administrator, Moderator Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited August 2011
    j cole got that same expression craig mack had in the video where puff talks about his album coming out

lmaoooooooo
  • deeroc22
    deeroc22 Members Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011

some of yall sound like a bunch of ol "strike while the iron is hot" ass 🤬 , playing fantasy football with these rap dudes' careers as if yall know whats best.

truth.com.
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC KING Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011

Co-sign. Jay don't even got chart topping singles like that but his albums stay at #1. These dudes are 🤬
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 8,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    u 🤬 should be used to jiggas "explanations" by now . .
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Did he really need to explain that it'll take a while? isn't it obvious by now?
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc 16th & UMembers Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    sounds about right
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Lord High Executioner Members Posts: 18,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    cole world no album
  • Co_Town_Michael
    Co_Town_Michael Bruh. TexasMembers Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    It's not gonna be a Cole summer.....
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Lord High Executioner Members Posts: 18,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    It's not gonna be a Cole summer.....

september 27 cole world lol
  • NoHateNoFear
    NoHateNoFear Members Posts: 125
    edited August 2011
    jay is pretty smart and business savvy, he knows what he's doing.

u cant just put an album out... artist development, proper promotion of the artist, etc. has to be implemented prior to releasing an album.
  • antarticp
    antarticp Members Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    dead @ all this

j cole lost

how did j cole lose though ??????????? it aint like jay said until the material is good we cant put it out ... he said until an artist ... is fully developed as an artist ... they shoulldnt be out ... from what jay is saying he is letting dudes mature before the pressure .......... most labels will put the pressure on you before you mature expecting you to put on as you promised ....?????????????
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Chief Petty Officer of the Ill Community Naval Command HOOYAHMembers Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    talik23 wrote: »
    "J. Cole is pretty close, he's coming out in September," Jay told Angie Martinez on August 1st. "He's got a great album. Jay Electronica is working on a great album as well. He's pretty close. Bridget Kelly just released -- her debut song, 'Thinking About Forever' -- For me, if you're gonna come sign to Roc Nation, just realize it's going to take a second. I'm into artists. I'm not really into putting a single out. It takes a minute to build artists. It's just true. You can't come off the street and make a classic. Rarely does that happen. Lauryn Hill was in the business for 700 years before she put out the Miseducation of Lauryn Hill. She had to go through some things. You have to go through some things." (Hot 97)

Last month, Jay Electronica opened up about his forthcoming Roc Nation debut.

"Sometimes im Jay Electronica. sometimes im Jay Electron*gga. i wanna let yall hear this one record from Act II: Patents Of Nobility (the turn) called "Road To Perdition" feat. Mr. Carter so bad.," he tweeted July 11th.

Upping
  • MECCA1000
    MECCA1000 Members Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems as if all ROC artist get endorsements before albums. .....Jay still feeding them. ....
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Worked out well in the end.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    j cole got that same expression Craig Mack had in the video where Puff talks about his album coming out

Wait up, Craig Mac ate a a flavorful loogie out his ear. I never noticed that till i read those youtube comments.
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY King of Myself Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dead @ all this

j cole lost

Funny how the tides turned 5 years later.