What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

Unpopular sports opinion

Comments

• CMac
    CMac Members Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Media hype needs to stop (Lebron James), mad players be over paid, and if a team anit over 500 they shouldn't be allowed in the playoffs.
  • clepton
    clepton Members Posts: 114
    edited March 2010
    I honestly fail to see how he ever played on a championship caliber team besides 2001.

Maybe he didn't, apart from that Nuggets team he was on, but when you think about it, who would want to play with IVerson? He takes all the shots on the team. If you were an NBA superstar, would you choose AI to go play with?
  • long_tong
    long_tong Members Posts: 441
    edited March 2010
    Tim Duncan is done. Father time and that knee are finally catching up to him. He plays so tentatively now, its downright pathetic. He needs to retire after this season to avoid tarnishing his legacy. KG is done too.
  • damon03
    damon03 Members Posts: 493
    edited March 2010
    clepton wrote: »
    A lot of coaches coulda won 10 rings like Phil if they inherited MJ, Pip, Shaq and Kobe too.

Pip and Phil got there the same year. Matter of fact I believe Phil was hired before Pip was drafted. So that means he was part of the reason the Bulls drafted him. And before Phil got to L.A., they didn't win 🤬 .
  • killap
    killap Members Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    damon03 wrote: »
    Pip and Phil got there the same year. Matter of fact I believe Phil was hired before Pip was drafted. So that means he was part of the reason the Bulls drafted him. And before Phil got to L.A., they didn't win 🤬 .

word...
    people like to say Phil is overrated but in 1999 we were the 5th best team in the west n got knocked out in the 2nd rd, next yr Phil comes and we win a ring...2005 w/out phil we finish 10th in the west the next yr with a worse team we finish 7th...before phil the bulls 0 titles...
  • txboi_09
    txboi_09 Members Posts: 2,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Heres one MMA is overrated as far as what skills you need to be successful. Seems all you gotta do is be bigger than your opponent and your gonna be heavyweight champion. Brock is one example and the other one is a person who is a part time MMA fighter. What other sport out there allows for someone to be part time and become a champion cause that's what carwin just did.
  • Sym_
    Sym_ Members Posts: 842
    edited March 2010
    damon03 wrote: »

preach homie
  • Alpha_Ambition
    Alpha_Ambition Members Posts: 9,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    txboi_09 wrote: »
    Heres one MMA is overrated as far as what skills you need to be successful. Seems all you gotta do is be bigger than your opponent and your gonna be heavyweight champion. Brock is one example and the other one is a person who is a part time MMA fighter. What other sport out there allows for someone to be part time and become a champion cause that's what carwin just did.

LOL ur an idiot U cant be serious I mean Carwin is 11-0 I believe part time fighter In the heavyweight division it is more wrestlers with little striking experience and vice versa. Watch Anderson silva, GSP (SMH @ that fight tho), Bj Penn, etc.. they are the greats
  • Alpha_Ambition
    edited March 2010
    allied wrote: »
    That's fine I guess cause I'm in NY all the media does is trash them 24/7.

LOL true true
  • MillzOG
    MillzOG OG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    edited March 2010
    The Suns are the biggest threat to the Lakers this year.....
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Boy, I tell you that's vision Like Tony Romo when he hitting Witten Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    The Suns are the biggest threat to the Lakers this year.....
    Not at all. denver is.. and like i tell everyone.. we have them just like we did Portland/Sactown back in the day.. They have the talent to but.. they suffer mental break downs..
  • MillzOG
    edited March 2010
    Not at all. denver is.. and like i tell everyone.. we have them just like we did Portland/Sactown back in the day.. They have the talent to but.. they suffer mental break downs..

i would've agreed before but...with Kenyon Martin injured, its a wrap....for the Mavericks, Eric Dampier is injured, and the Lakers have Andrew Bynum injured...the Suns are healthy and they are the hottest team in the league (7 in a row)

Pau cant guard Amare, Fisher cant guard Nash, (obviously noone on the Suns can guard Kobe) but the Suns i think are their biggest threat now, especially the way Amare is playin since the Allstar break and the fact that in the playoffs hes gonna be playin for that new deal hes gonna get this offseason.
  • Alpha_Ambition
    edited March 2010
    i would've agreed before but...with Kenyon Martin injured, its a wrap....for the Mavericks, Eric Dampier is injured, and the Lakers have Andrew Bynum injured...the Suns are healthy and they are the hottest team in the league (7 in a row)

Pau cant guard Amare, Fisher cant guard Nash, (obviously noone on the Suns can guard Kobe) but the Suns i think are their biggest threat now, especially the way Amare is playin since the Allstar break and the fact that in the playoffs hes gonna be playin for that new deal hes gonna get this offseason.

Damn that weed must be kickin in LOL
    LOL @ Pau cant guard Amare he cant guard gasol either
    and we won the season series 3-1 which we dominated except for one game the bench is bad for them (not so good for us either SMH)
  • Dick Shitman
    Dick Shitman Members Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    vince carter will make the HOF if and only if he wins a ring with orlando
  • Alpha_Ambition
    edited March 2010

this is true as well I think Kenyon's injury is crucial tho If Artest has another D performance like he did against Melo the last time its over
  • Alpha_Ambition
    edited March 2010
    vince carter will make the HOF if and only if he wins a ring with orlando
    The hell? I mean if he comes thru in the clutch then maybe but if that 🤬 chokes and other ppl have to carry them then no
  • Dick Shitman
    edited March 2010
    bigb86 wrote: »
    The hell? I mean if he comes thru in the clutch then maybe but if that 🤬 chokes and other ppl have to carry them then no

if he does that we wont win. if we win, he's playing a biiiiiiiig part in it
  • Alpha_Ambition
    edited March 2010
    if he does that we wont win. if we win, he's playing a biiiiiiiig part in it

True but the magic be jackin 3's like D12 doesnt exist thats annoying and I aint even a fan lol
  • Dick Shitman
    edited March 2010
    True but the magic be jackin 3's like D12 doesnt exist thats annoying and I aint even a fan lol

lol tell me about it

one of my boys is a LA fan and i told him pretty much the same thing. idk how u watch lamar odom for 82 games without goin crazy. if he brought it every night yall would win 70 games
  • MillzOG
    edited March 2010
    Damn that weed must be kickin in LOL
    LOL @ Pau cant guard Amare he cant guard gasol either
    and we won the season series 3-1 which we dominated except for one game the bench is bad for them (not so good for us either SMH)

lmao na fam, i quit smokin unfortunately.....but yea i know Pau cant guard Amare either, but its gonna be harder for Pau 🤬 the Suns are gonna run his ass up and down the court (no dizz), and yea ya won the season series but the Suns are just hittin their stride at the right time....and Suns bench >>>> Lakers bench, BY FAR

Dragic, Jared Dudley (top 10 in 3pt %), Channing Frye (top 5 in 3pt%), Barbosa >>> everybody on the Lakers bench (since Odom is starting for Bynum)

i aint sayin they gonna beat the Lakers, i just think now they are the biggest threat....but 🤬 is still sleepin while the Suns are only 1 game out of 2nd place
  • Alpha_Ambition
    edited March 2010
    lol tell me about it

one of my boys is a LA fan and i told him pretty much the same thing. idk how u watch lamar odom for 82 games without goin crazy. if he brought it every night yall would win 70 games

SMMFH @ that 🤬 one day 20 points 18 boards next 2 points 5 missed 3's 1 board 2 fouls (meaning he played all those mins and still didnt do 🤬 )
    and dont get me started on his perimter defense
  • Alpha_Ambition
    edited March 2010
    lmao na fam, i quit smokin unfortunately.....but yea i know Pau cant guard Amare either, but its gonna be harder for Pau 🤬 the Suns are gonna run his ass up and down the court (no dizz), and yea ya won the season series but the Suns are just hittin their stride at the right time....and Suns bench >>>> Lakers bench, BY FAR

Dragic, Jared Dudley (top 10 in 3pt %), Channing Frye (top 5 in 3pt%), Barbosa >>> everybody on the Lakers bench (since Odom is starting for Bynum)

i aint sayin they gonna beat the Lakers, i just think now they are the biggest threat....but 🤬 is still sleepin while the Suns are only 1 game out of 2nd place

Isnt barbosa is in his mens warehouse jersey correct I thought that 🤬 was injured but yeah our bench since the first finals run has been 🤬 sasha cant hit 🤬 , farmar is inconsistent, borwn has his moments and besides bynum will be back by playoffs
  • Dick Shitman
    edited March 2010
    SMMFH @ that 🤬 one day 20 points 18 boards next 2 points 5 missed 3's 1 board 2 fouls (meaning he played all those mins and still didnt do 🤬 )
    and dont get me started on his perimter defense

lol lakers fans work up a sweat discussing odom no dizz
  • sickbizzle
    sickbizzle Members Posts: 1,184 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    the new baseball stadiums recently built in New York are an embarrassment and it makes me appreciate Wrigley Field and Chicago sports fans in general a little more.

here's a commentary i found:
    There's an irony in the opening of Citi Field and even more so in Yankee Stadium that these two temples of greed, power, prestige and crass consumerism, virtually the last of the new ballpark building era, come on line after the collapse of the economy neither Yankees nor Mets could have foreseen when construction started in the Bronx and Queens. On Broadway, a sense of timing is essential; apparently the rule doesn't work in the outer boroughs. These stadiums make even the Cell seem quaint, inviting, and rational....and even responsible.

Between the oooooooohs and the aaaaaaaaaaahs tonight in the House That George Built will come some discomfort and angst, some shame, some awareness of the whole inappropriate nature of this stadium (it surely is no ballpark) where the seats behind home plate go for $2000 (that's per game...not season). And all this is a setting that is pure Disney and has little in real relationship to the authentic stadium (one that was even far more authentic before they "renovated" it in the 1970s) across the street that soon awaits the wrecking ball.
  • Hobe cryant
    Hobe cryant Members Posts: 1,318 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    sickbizzle wrote: »
    the new baseball stadiums recently built in New York are an embarrassment and it makes me appreciate Wrigley Field and Chicago sports fans in general a little more.

here's a commentary i found:

I cant agree wit this wrigley field is a Dump.Park been open since 1914 damn near 100 years.They should of built a new park or renovated it like boston did fenway in 2002.

Cubs need a new stadium instead of runnin up ticket prices on an outdated old stadium.Mets and yanks opened brand new state of the art facilities in 09 cant hate on that.New York spend they dough chicago dont