What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

So where do we rank MF DOOM...

High Revolutionary
High Revolutionary Members Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2012 in The Reason
and how come more artists haven't collab'ed with him?

Comments

• Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Make Reasonable Choices. H. E. Double Hockey SticksMembers Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was a huge doom fan back in the mid 00's. Got all of his albums. Madvillainy or Operation Doomsday are probably my favorite releases. A lot of rappers hate doom, i remember CunninLynguists released a blog a long time ago 🤬 out doom because of his Imposter shows. and i guess he sent the imposter out so much that venue's stopped doing Hip Hop shows. and it messed with a lot of Indie artists. Still like his albums tho, i hate how he will announce something then nothing ever comes out tho.
  • High Revolutionary
    High Revolutionary Members Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    When I heard about his whole 'Doombot' routine I thought it was hilarious but I could see why it would 🤬 people off, especially fans:

29urlsp.jpg
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Make Reasonable Choices. H. E. Double Hockey SticksMembers Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, pretty wack of him tbh. I had to miss out on a DOOM Concert because he wouldnt sign a contract agreeing that it would be Daniel Dumile that performs the show, backed out like a week before the concert happened.
  • L.O.S.T.
    L.O.S.T. Members Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd put him in my top 25.
  • (Nope)
    (Nope) NawfNawfMembers Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of my favorites .
  • (Nope)
    Doom is a recluse so he's probably difficult to work with but I feel like he works with the right people .

Anyone read the story about how MF DOOM met MF Grimm , interesting stuff .
  • zay_24
    zay_24 Members Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭
    He's not top 100
  • ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My personal favorite... Mix him and Phontiggalo together and you get Ocelot...
  • BoldChild
    BoldChild Born alone, die alone. Members Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    zay_24 wrote: »
    He's not top 100

I'm the one who wacked you.
  • zay_24
    zay_24 Members Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭
    BoldChild wrote: »
    zay_24 wrote: »
    He's not top 100

I'm the one who wacked you.
    Guess who gave you a feelings.

• loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Possibly the most slept on MC period.he's so dope and creative.he's a legend from back in the KMD days
  • (Nope)
    Lou Cypher wrote: »
    Yeah, pretty wack of him tbh. I had to miss out on a DOOM Concert because he wouldnt sign a contract agreeing that it would be Daniel Dumile that performs the show, backed out like a week before the concert happened.

Apparently he has some health issues .
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth stew Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Top 20. He has one (near) classic in Food, and the rest of his 🤬 is straight. Dope lyrics, decent catalog etc.
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hes in my Top 20
  • Kairo
    Kairo Members Posts: 942 ✭✭✭✭
    Operation: Doomsday >>>>>>

With that said, I've been to 2 shows he was on the bill for and he didn't show/didn't even have his stunt double show up for. Pretty disappointing.
  • ocelot
    King Geedorah>>>>>
  • Rozetta5tone
    Rozetta5tone Don't quote me bro Right hereMembers Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Goat thread..slept on like MF DOOM

I think the boy is a genius in a world of idiots..one of hiphops true artists..hannibal 4ever reppin the man in the mask
  • ocelot
    The I.C. put me up on Doom when someone posted a video of Mos Def saying is lyrics... I wasn't convinced at first but I slowly became a fan...
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla ... push up the fader... bust the meter... shake the tweeter Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accordion
  • sonsofscotland
    sonsofscotland Members Posts: 239 ✭✭
    I find it hard to connect with an artist who wears a mask, his content is great tho, but Id like it/relate to him more if he hadnt used that gimick. But he's dope no doubt.
  • bkkbully
    bkkbully around the wayMembers Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doom, top 10. His villiany is serious, people get mad when he does his DOOMposter thing, sending fake Dooms out to rock shows. But he's a villain, that's what villains do. Get the $$$ you paid for while he's watching from the audience. Doom's one of the last real ones left
  • king hassan
    king hassan south side somewhereMembers Posts: 22,737 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man his beats are something. You can go to youtube and type in Doom samples, dude was chopping up some 🤬
  • (Nope)
    All those special herbs records are dope .
  • (Nope)
    I bought Operation Doomsday at Fatbeats in NYC before they closed , walked around the corner bought a bootleg Vhs version of CB4 from a homeless man for a $1 , balling out of control .
  • king hassan
    king hassan south side somewhereMembers Posts: 22,737 ✭✭✭✭✭
    (Nope) wrote: »
    I bought Operation Doomsday at Fatbeats in NYC before they closed , walked around the corner bought a bootleg Vhs version of CB4 from a homeless man for a $1 , balling out of control .

CB4 is a straight nutty ass movie lmao