What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

why is Tupac considered overrated?

Jeezyfan4ever
Jeezyfan4ever Confirm Email Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭✭
edited May 2012 in The Reason
i hardly post on this forum, but i am an avid reader of it. throughout the years i've seen numerous of people claim that tupac is overrated? why?

Comments

• Plap Sun
    Plap Sun Members Posts: 966 ✭✭✭✭✭
    caue he wasnt the greatesst lyricist technically

a lot of his songs was him 🤬 as 🤬 in the studio i aint lyin

his 🤬 was a lot more emotional than most rappers

but he did have a crackhead mother tho *shrugs*
  • NoHateNoFear
    NoHateNoFear Members Posts: 125
    Most people who believe Tupac is overrated, say that, because they claim that he isnt lyrical, he has a garbage flow, he was a fake gangster, etc. However Tupac was lyrical, in fact, Tupac has some of the most meaningful songs in the history of music, not just hip hop.

I'm not even going to argue about his flow, simply because people have different preferences when dealing with rap styles and techniques. On the contrary, I believe Tupac had tremendous lyrical (see 2pacalypse Now, MATW, etc.) capabilites and would have developed a more advanced vocabulary, as he got older.

Fake Gangster? I laugh everytime I hear this claim... Tupac was more GANGSTER than any rapper rapping TODAY... you people who make these foolish claims, seriously need to research what Tupac was apart of and how ACTIVE he was in the community. Back in the 90s, damn near every OG (Political Prisoners) across America wanted to make Tupac a Chief, so to speak. However people are going to have their opinions and I understand that.

• Plap Sun
    he was a fake gangster too, i forgot about that
  • Frank Ocean
    Frank Ocean Members Posts: 325
    because here are many dumbs. 2pac the king and this 4ever.
  • EturnalRap
    EturnalRap Members Posts: 16
    i dont think thats a common opinion. If someone elevates him to some sort of idol then yea, but as an artist he was very talented.
  • Plap Sun
    why am i gettin flagged for giving him facts

everything i said was true
  • Gucci Scott King
    Gucci Scott King Members Posts: 883 ✭✭✭✭✭
    same reason alot of legends get called overrated, they either don't like him or just want to go against the grain.
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Vox Populi Members Posts: 22,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pac wasn't a punchline rapper, but dude was still lyrical.
  • Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt STREET MILITARY till Infinity !!!! Members Posts: 10,477 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hes not hes considered the greatest rapper of all time!
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Your favorite basketball-american gentleman Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    or because his catalog doesn't support the rank some people place him.
  • SheerExcellence
    SheerExcellence I'm Faceless Members Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    because there are 10 new posts every hour mentioning him
  • Trockm
    Trockm Members Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭✭
    I 🤬 with Pac, I'm listening to Ballin' PT2 as we speak....
  • BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the 🤬 was cool but you got 🤬 talkin bout pac was gon be the president, rap was just a means to get into politics and all this other nonsense about the man bein some powerful revolutionary that was gon save all 🤬 and start his own political party
    he was an ok rapper with a message at best
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth stew Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because his fans act like he has to be number 1 on everyone's list.
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT .........Tell your mother she has a cute mouth #GIANTS #2014/2012/2010 #FUCK.KCMembers Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    who says tupac is overrated? lol
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Chief Petty Officer of the Ill Community Naval Command HOOYAHMembers Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    This thread is like the bat signal for 🤬 desperate for attention.

19979448.jpg
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because his fans act like he has to be number 1 on everyone's list.

You mean some people. Correct yourself.
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT .........Tell your mother she has a cute mouth #GIANTS #2014/2012/2010 #FUCK.KCMembers Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread is like the bat signal for 🤬 desperate for attention.

obviously ...smh
  • BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    so everybody who don't love tupac's 🤬 draws is seeking attention?
    from who?
  • SnowBunnySmanger
    SnowBunnySmanger Members Posts: 277 ✭✭✭
    He lacked technical skill, contradicted himself countless times, and much like eminem's stans - 🤬 pac fans build the dude up to be some 🤬 among men or some 🤬 when in reality he was just a dude who put emotion into his lyrics.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Chief Petty Officer of the Ill Community Naval Command HOOYAHMembers Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • a_list
    a_list Members Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    yea...y'all stans are crazy with this 🤬 ...we can ask who dispays a bigger vocabulary in there songs pac or cannibus and the stans will say pac lol....you prove them otherwise then its i dont like extended vocab anyways i like that real 🤬 .....lol thats an example.....the stans think that dude was the best at everything when compared to the top rappers all he has is emotions.......
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Your favorite basketball-american gentleman Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Well yea, you got to know his music to formulate opinions about him and his music that can't be misconstrued as being a hater.
  • SnowBunnySmanger
    SnowBunnySmanger Members Posts: 277 ✭✭✭
    Well yea, you got to know his music to formulate opinions about him and his music that can't misconstrued as being a hater.

Real 🤬 right here. If one were to know everything about the music and then make a decision regarding whether or not they like it that is far more valuable than the negative opinion from someone who knows nothing of his music