Trayvon Martin gun range targets

major painmajor pain Posts: 9,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2012 in For The Grown & Sexy
But yall worried about Free Boosie..

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/47382374/ns/local_news-jacksonville_fl/t/trayvon-martin-gun-range-targets-sold-online/#.T63U859YukB

An unidentified entrepreneur admits he is trying to profit off Trayvon Martin's death by selling gun range targets featuring the teen who's death has sparked a nationwide controversy.
Although Martin's face does not appear on the paper targets, they feature a hoodie with crosshairs aimed at the chest. A bag of Skittles is tucked in the pocket and a hand is holding a can resembling iced tea.
Martin purchased both items minutes before he was shot and killed by George Zimmerman in February, according to police.
Zimmerman, who has pleaded not guilty to second-degree murder charges, originally told investigators he shot Martin in self-defense.
According to an advertisement for the targets that had been posted on a popular firearms auction website, the sellers stated they "support Zimmerman and believe he is innocent and that he shot a thug."
That online ad has since been removed.
"This is the highest level of disgust and the lowest level of civility," said Zimmerman's attorney Mark O'Mara.
Advertise | AdChoices

O'Mara said he is worried about how Martin's parents will react to the image of their son on a target intended to be used for shooting practice.
The attorney is also concerned the targets will further inflame the community.
"It's this type of hatred -- that's what this is, it's hate-mongering -- that's going to make it more difficult to try this case," said O'Mara.
Channel 4 has been unable to determine the identity of the seller, who had also set up a website to sell the gun range targets.
In an email exchange with WKMG-TV in Orlando, the seller wrote, "My main motivation was to make money off the controversy."
The seller would not disclose how many paper targets had been made, but said in an email, "The response is overwhelming. I sold out in two days."
Some of those targets were sold to two Florida gun dealers, according to the seller.
The seller originally claimed that targets were still available for purchase. After being informed WKMG was investigating his online business, the seller claimed the targets would no longer be sold.
Firearm owners are buzzing about the Trayvon Martin targets on several gun enthusiast websites.
Very few have shown interest in purchasing the targets. Most have expressed disgust.
"Even though I fully believe Zimmerman was justified in shooting, Trayvon was still a human being and does not deserve that kind of disrespect in death," wrote one firearm owners association website member.
Channel 4 left numerous phone and text messages with attorneys representing Trayvon Martin's family but did not receive a response Thursday.

Replies

• fiat_moneyfiat_money Posts: 16,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL @ Them thinking this will help Zimmerman.
  • Lurker6Lurker6 Posts: 3,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    *kanye shrug*
  • Ioniz3dSPIRITZIoniz3dSPIRITZ Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel sorry for the boys mother
    [Deleted User]shtoopid
  • 5th Letter5th Letter AKA 5th Element Posts: 26,216 Regulator
    They getting bold
  • idoitforhiphop10idoitforhiphop10 Posts: 5,948 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What about Trayvon makes these crackas think that he was a thug? I don't get it.
  • soul rattlersoul rattler Chief Petty Officer of the Ill Community Naval Command HOOYAHPosts: 13,317 ✭✭✭✭✭
    real life trolling ftw
  • Ioniz3dSPIRITZIoniz3dSPIRITZ Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What about Trayvon makes these crackas think that he was a thug? I don't get it.

if your a young black male your automatically labelled. There is an enemy in every corner. Doesn't make much of a difference if your wearing a black hoodie or a clean polo with fitted jeans. It is what it is. Gives me that much more apathy about how whites and others perceive me. Fuck all
  • AmotekunAmotekun Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    real life trolling ftw

This...

Tray stay takin L's from beyond the grave...

fiat_money
  • fiat_moneyfiat_money Posts: 16,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    real life trolling ftw

This...

Tray stay takin L's from beyond the grave...
    Cosign myself from two months ago:
    fiat_money wrote: »
    LOL. This nigga Trayvon Martin is catching L's from beyond the grave.

16014308.jpg
    16014399.jpg
    16056956.jpg
    16057020.jpg

16057153.jpg
  • Allah_U_AkbarAllah_U_Akbar Posts: 8,243 Regulator
  • heyslickheyslick Posts: 1,179

if your a young black male your automatically labelled. There is an enemy in every corner. Doesn't make much of a difference if your wearing a black hoodie or a clean polo with fitted jeans. It is what it is. Gives me that much more apathy about how whites and others perceive me. Fuck all

This case has opened up the proverbial can of worms - with things happening like random attacks on white people & young black mobs beating up on whitey e.g., @ state fairs, along with other issues - blacks sucker punching white people and stripping them and robbing them - seriously Y would anyone not have some reservations about your intentions? Fyi if I'm approached by some black person on the street,there is gonna to be an arms length between us until I feel comfortable...don't like it? so what.

Gucci Scott Kingidoitforhiphop10KaiTrillfateKingJamalSneakDZA
  • TrillaaaaaaTrillaaaaaa Shout Out To All The Pear Posts: 5,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOLOLO white America assassinate my character
    GZus wrote: »
    LOLOLO white America assassinate my character

You should start a class action law suit against white America - BTW in my world I judge folks on content, SO your character has NO bearing whatsoever in the bigger picture.

KingJamal
  • The DouceThe Douce Posts: 1,668
    He's not even white.
    Lurker6
    WTF? does color have to do with him being part of a class action law suit - ? I think I might even be on to something - blacks can't get reparations - y not approach it from another angle?
    Gucci Scott Kingidoitforhiphop10
  • The DouceThe Douce Posts: 1,668
    I wasn't talking to you son.
  • Loo.LooLoo.Loo Posts: 682
    the news station that gave this story press is just as disgusting as the guy selling the targets

it was not newsworthy, informative or necessary in the least

• 2stepz_ahead2stepz_ahead Who I am is Complex, What i am, simply put. I'm a Threat walking out the lions denPosts: 14,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    this is the thing that people try to let go under the rug....someone was supporting this guy and this im sure is not an isolated incident.

but yet..when black people speak up....people say we looking too deep into it, or he doesnt reflect us, or he was a thug.

damn crakka ass crakkas
  • Black_SamsonBlack_Samson I drive a fast car... Posts: 45,411 Regulator
    lol @ yall actin like this style of paper target is something new...

they been makin hoodie targets since the damn 70's...

yall need to quit.
    Lurker6
  • BoldChildBoldChild Born alone, die alone. Posts: 11,130 ✭✭✭✭✭

yall need to quit.

The target.

Gun-range-jpg.jpg

"Although Martin's face does not appear on the paper targets, they feature a hoodie with crosshairs aimed at the chest. A bag of Skittles is tucked in the pocket and a hand is holding a can resembling iced tea. "

Trillaaaaaa
  • VIBEVIBE Awww Yeeaah! Posts: 39,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BoldChild wrote: »

yall need to quit.

The target.

Gun-range-jpg.jpg

"Although Martin's face does not appear on the paper targets, they feature a hoodie with crosshairs aimed at the chest. A bag of Skittles is tucked in the pocket and a hand is holding a can resembling iced tea. "

MAN! That ain't Trayvon, that's Dro.
    SneakDZATrillaaaaaa

yall need to quit.

The target.

Gun-range-jpg.jpg

i stand by my statement.
    in fact, whomever the original copyright owner of that sillohuette is should sue.

now that'd be a come up.

yall getting mad over a very BASIC sillohuette that was modified with ms paint.

fuck it, make a t-shirt.
    VIBE wrote: »

yall need to quit.

The target.

Gun-range-jpg.jpg

MAN! That ain't Trayvon, that's Dro.

nah thats Super Hoodie from Misfits...
  • 2stepz_ahead2stepz_ahead Who I am is Complex, What i am, simply put. I'm a Threat walking out the lions denPosts: 14,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012

yall need to quit.

The target.

Gun-range-jpg.jpg

i stand by my statement.
    in fact, whomever the original copyright owner of that sillohuette is should sue.

now that'd be a come up.

fuck it, make a t-shirt.

so every other race can make some sort of connection to how something is racist that someone does to them..

but when black people dont like shit.....we have people and other blacks telling us to basically get over it

just wow

always a bridesmaid and never a bride
    VIBESneakDZA
    pralims wrote: »

yall need to quit.

The target.

Gun-range-jpg.jpg

i stand by my statement.

now that'd be a come up.

fuck it, make a t-shirt.

so every other race can make some sort of connection to how something is racist that someone does to them..

but when black people dont like shit.....we have people and other blacks telling us to basically get over it

just wow

always a bridesmaid and never a bride

niggas made tshirts advocating violence....

crackers made targets advocating violence....

perhaps buying into media hysteria isn't the smart thing for anybody?
    them targets could have been bought out by one person and yall over here raising cain.

targets that can only be used in private locations away from the masses...

but them tshirts can be worn anywhere...