What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

Battleship? Really?

Comments

• VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven I don't knowMembers Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Terrible overdone plot, terrible title, pretty bad cast (except maybe for Leeson) and one dimensional character. All combine for a woat ass movie.

Sounds just like Transformers except not as marketable. Just like Transformers this movie is about the special effects and explosions like every other Bay movie.
  • satyrone
    satyrone Members Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    i wont even watch this 🤬 when it get shown on SyFy channel
  • FroHawke
    FroHawke Members Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭
    ^^^SyFy shows some movies which are so bad they actually hilarious. Word to Blood Monkey
  • TheIraq
    TheIraq Members Posts: 5,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Earned my Masters and Ph.d in Phat Booty-ology Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok so I saw the midnite showing. It was aiight. I guess better than what I thought it would be, but that's not sayin much. There were some reference to the game, which they tried to hide it under military tactics. Rihanna's acting was ehh. I think the navy folks may like this more than anybody else I guess.

I rate my movies like this, IS IT WORTH BUYING ON BLU-RAY, OR WATCHING IT ON HBO? Ehh, it's HBO. That way if you don't like it, you can turn the channel. I was skeptical ever since they kept saying "from the creators of Transformers". They said the same about "Skyline", and we see that was hot garbage. I'll let y'all decide
  • Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    darkone360 wrote: »
    Ok so I saw the midnite showing. It was aiight. I guess better than what I thought it would be, but that's not sayin much. There were some reference to the game, which they tried to hide it under military tactics. Rihanna's acting was ehh. I think the navy folks may like this more than anybody else I guess.

I rate my movies like this, IS IT WORTH BUYING ON BLU-RAY, OR WATCHING IT ON HBO? Ehh, it's HBO. That way if you don't like it, you can turn the channel. I was skeptical ever since they kept saying "from the creators of Transformers". They said the same about "Skyline", and we see that was hot garbage. I'll let y'all decide

that's how I figured it...just eh. Something you see while flipping thru the channels late nite and you stop to watch.

yea you had dem free joints huh?
  • Bully_Pulpit
    Bully_Pulpit Black Mage Members Posts: 5,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Super 8 was good though. This actually looks like a fake Transformers and clearly is Michael Bay influenced. And SMH, I remember playing Battleship when I was kid and it had nothing to do with ALIENS coming down. It will probably be a success anyway cause Alien Invasion movies have a nice little fan base but this will be no Transformers or ID4. I got a free ticket so I might give it a chance but like "Battle for Los Angles" last year, I'm not holding my breath.

attack the block>>>>>super8
  • KINGEC
    KINGEC Members Posts: 7,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^^SyFy shows some movies which are so bad they actually hilarious. Word to Blood Monkey

lol c/s
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SMH at this garbage...you better than this Pete.
  • Bully_Pulpit
  • Bully_Pulpit
    4fb13ae1b3600.jpg
    I didnt know that 🤬 was part of the HOH movement lol
  • caddo man
    caddo man Failure is success in progress! Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL!!!!!!!

MFer in the back washing dishes. "Hey that food ready yet, 🤬 !!!!!!"
  • CallMeWelvin
    CallMeWelvin Members Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Battleship" is a special-effects-heavy movie invented to extend the brand of a commercial board game -- suitable for ages 7 and up! -- in which two players move imaginary boats around a simple grid.
    That part's not newsworthy. The surprise, for this veteran of board games, is that "Battleship" is also the rousing, engaging, and emotionally complex action war picture the silly 2001 action war picture "Pearl Harbor" only wished it could be. It's "Pearl Harbor" with greater intelligence, less hokum, and more aliens. For every line of howler dialogue that should have been sunk, there's a nice little scene in which humans have to make a difficult decision.
    For every stretch of generic sci-fi-via-CGI moviemaking, there's a welcome bit of wit. Under the direction of Peter Berg -- the talented, ever-maturing filmmaker behind "Friday Night Lights" and "The Kingdom" -- "Battleship" is a sound vessel floating in Hollywood's oil-slick sea of "Transformers" sequels and vampire riffs.
    The object of the original game is simple: Attack an opponent's ''fleet'' through a combination of mental strategy, deductive logic, and luck. The movie doesn't forget these low-tech roots. There's a nifty sequence in which sailors track incoming alien fighters using similar X-marks-the-spot skills. But before getting to the 🤬 blow-'em-up portion of the humans-versus-aliens warfare entertainment, we are given time to invest in the relationship between Stone Hopper ("True Blood's" Alexander Skarsgård) and his younger brother, Alex (Taylor Kitsch from TV's "Friday Night Lights") -- the former a courageous Navy officer of great character, the latter a corner-cutting showboater who is about to have his character entirely re-welded through the Navy challenges that await him. (Kitsch does an admirable, controlled job of steering his character from screwup to leader.)
    We understand that Alex loves a bombshell physical therapist named Sam (Brooklyn Decker), and that Sam happens to be the daughter of crusty U.S. Pacific Fleet commander Admiral Shane (Liam Neeson, barking but not biting). We see the emotional-zeitgeist logic in the special interest that Sam has taken in the physical rehabilitation of an Army veteran and amputee, authentically played by real-life Army vet and amputee Gregory D. Gadson. We appreciate the pop culture traffic jam that has musical glam girl Rihanna passing muster as a tough (yet cool!) fellow sailor. And we know to keep an eye on the conflict that rumbles at first between Alex and a Japanese officer (Tadanobu Asano) because Japanese-American hurts and fears left over from the real Pearl Harbor will be worked out before the movie is over for the benefit of boomers and assorted granddads in the audience.
    It's only once we know all these things -- carbon-based touches not found in the Hasbro product -- that "Battleship" gets down to the business of hotshot combat between brave U.S. Navy fighters and aggressive alien visitors. (The invaders, by the way, appear to have studied "Transformers" fashion magazines to design their space-metal wardrobes.) Amid this fracas, there's a welcome mood lightener in the form of a gentle comic-neurotic turn by Hamish Linklater ("The New Adventures of Old Christine") as a deep-space scientist who has reason to regret his search for extraterrestrial life.
    "Battleship" is gratifying that way. At the story's center are all the clanging fireballs a kid could want to watch whizzing across a computerized sky -- not to mention naval strategy and a fact-based demonstration of real destroyer-ship capabilities. And surrounding the alien rumpus, the filmmakers have built an unexpectedly sincere salute to the awesome responsibilities of today's U.S. Navy as well as to the heroic work of veterans who came before. For all that, the captains of this movie deserve a medal. B+
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Mr. Fifth Letter Your ConscienceMembers Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They made Rock'em Sock'em Robots a game with Hugh Jackman a couple of years ago, so this film is not surprising. I'm personally waiting for Trouble or Monopoly before I agree to watch a film based on a board game. I only support the GOAT in board game film franchises.
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Entertainment/Pop Culture/Media Analyst New York CityMembers Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank 🤬 I had a free ticket. Average. With that said they did pay homage to the game with the whole battles and how the ships fought the aliens but that didn't save it. The effects were good and it was basically your typical summer blockbuster. I have a feeling it's actually going to flop, I don't see it having strong legs cause you don't really care for the characters. Rihanna was nothing more than eye candy and obviously her acting wasn't even on point either. Overall again, Glad I had a free ticket. I give it a D. Wait for DVD, HBO or even syfy channel.

• Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Earned my Masters and Ph.d in Phat Booty-ology Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ Rap. Gotta agree. The reason why they kept stressing "From the makers of Transformers", b/c the movie was carried by the special effects.
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Entertainment/Pop Culture/Media Analyst New York CityMembers Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    darkone360 wrote: »
    @ Rap. Gotta agree. The reason why they kept stressing "From the makers of Transformers", b/c the movie was carried by the special effects.

Exactly but even though The Transformers Trilogy gets hate, they are entertaining films and the Transformers are actually characters people like. Battleship didn't have any really likable characters to me. So this couldn't be a franchise. Shia had way more charisma this this guy Taylor who know will have 2 of the Biggest flops of the year with "John Carter and Battleship" so this will be a tough year for him. But the fan is Transformers though they have their problems, are still entertaining.
  • Copper
    Copper The WickMembers Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    knights wrote: »
    They made Rock'em Sock'em Robots a game with Hugh Jackman a couple of years ago, so this film is not surprising. I'm personally waiting for Trouble or Monopoly before I agree to watch a film based on a board game. I only support the GOAT in board game film franchises.

this 🤬 gonna go see a chutes and ladders movie
  • CitySojourner
    CitySojourner Members Posts: 689 ✭✭✭✭
    rage wrote: »
    SMH at this garbage...you better than this Pete.

That's what i'm saying, dude is actually a good director. What the 🤬 happened?
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • will grimey
    will grimey Members Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This movie sucked....glad I didnt pay to see this...Prometheus & MIB 3 will be the best movies of the summer...
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Pulchritudo in Conspectu Regis The EmpreyanMembers Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This movie doesn't work for me because battleships have been obsolete for 15, 20 years.
  • eyes low
    eyes low Members Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember the "clue" movie. But this 🤬 was terrible
  • Dupac
    Dupac Retired PurgatoryMembers, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    they already made a monopoly movie... it's called walmart..