1st Take w/ john Salley Debates Barkely comments "Bron could one day be better than Jordan"

Replies

• TrockmTrockm Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭✭
    Be$T_1 wrote: »
    #1 pick wrote: »
    Bron is better than MJ.
    Better passer
    Rebounder
    Superior on ball defender
    Defender
    Superior size and height
    Stronger
    Post game
    Harder to gameplan for
    Better 3pt shooter
    Bron is much harder to guard on the 2nd and 3rd step than MJ
    Court vision
    Didn't get every call known to man.

MJ is better than Bron

More footwork and agility
    Better fee/understandingl for the game
    Skill level Enhances in the clutch EVERY time
    Enhances the ability of very weak talent
    Better half court general
    Better leader
    Far more intimidating
    Better vertical leaping ability
    Better body control
    Far more ruthless
    Will beat u from anywhere (offense/defense/freethrow) with under a minute remaing
    More quickness off the dribble
    Better shot selection

Don't forget MJ played in the hand checking era when you could basically guide a player where you want him to go, ball today you can't even breathe on a player without it being a foul
  • In Your Moms RoomIn Your Moms Room Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jordan did everything these dudes are doing first. Nobody will ever surpass him as GOAT.
  • #1 pick#1 pick Posts: 3,926 ✭✭✭✭
    Bron is better than MJ.
    Better passer
    Rebounder
    Defender
    Superior size and height
    Stronger
    Post game
    Harder to gameplan for
    Better 3pt shooter
    Court vision

MJ is better than Bron

Better leader

Far more intimidating
    Better body control
    Far more ruthless
    Will beat u from anywhere (offense/defense/freethrow) with under a minute remaing
    Better shot selection

Bron is better at the bolded and by a good margin on the underlined.
    Tommy bilfigernujerz84SupremeXXV
  • T. SanfordT. Sanford An Advocate Member Of Trill Family aka Legion Of Trill Posts: 15,708 ✭✭✭✭✭

that sh*t was cold ass hell

Bron most def is better than MJ in the post
    Hotnikelz
  • MR.CJMR.CJ Posts: 51,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    T. Sanford wrote: »

great post up game & great finish by Bron

you can tell Hakeem workingg wonders with his effective post up game

i thought he started working with hakeem after the 2011 playoffs?
    blu197 wrote: »
    Kobe era is 2000-10
    Lebron era is 2011-present

Kobe's legacy is pretty much wrapped up at this point he has nothing more to prove and anything else he does like win a ring or a MVP will only enhance it kinda like Tim Duncan, Duncan can get bounced out the 1st round next year and nobody would question his greatness but if that happened to Kobe niggas would clown and try to kick dirt on his legacy

its funny how the last 6 nba finals have included lebron or kobe and they still haven't face each other
  • blu197blu197 Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    Kobe era is 2000-10

Kobe's legacy is pretty much wrapped up at this point he has nothing more to prove and anything else he does like win a ring or a MVP will only enhance it kinda like Tim Duncan, Duncan can get bounced out the 1st round next year and nobody would question his greatness but if that happened to Kobe niggas would clown and try to kick dirt on his legacy

its funny how the last 6 nba finals have included lebron or kobe and they still haven't face each other

I know if 1 make it the other doesn't.
    Kobe era is 2000-10

im still hoping for a lakers vs heat finals matchup
  • Inglewood_BInglewood_B Real niggas back in style Inglewood niggaPosts: 6,516 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jdilla26 wrote: »
    Kobe era is 2000-10

Lebron era b4 2011 was drafted in 03 took his team to the Finals in 07 Bron been @ Kobe head since then
    Trockm wrote: »
    Bron is better than MJ.
    Better passer
    Rebounder
    Defender
    Superior size and height
    Stronger
    Post game
    Harder to gameplan for
    Better 3pt shooter
    Court vision

MJ is better than Bron

Better leader
    Far more intimidating
    Better body control
    Far more ruthless
    Better shot selection

Don't forget MJ played in the hand checking era when you could basically guide a player where you want him to go, ball today you can't even breathe on a player without it being a foul

we wont... you motherfuckers point this shit out any time michael jordan is brought up in any debate and act like jordan didnt always get hella calls

MR.CJDaBullNothingButTheTruth
    Kobe era is 2000-10

That would shut down the Kobe vs lebron debate for good and the dwade vs Kobe..... A lot of feelings would be caught in that series
    MR.CJ
    edited June 2012
    when did we get the LOL?
    ATTS
  • blackrainblackrain Posts: 18,877 Regulator
    Kobe era is 2000-10

That would shut down the Kobe vs lebron debate for good and the dwade vs Kobe..... A lot of feelings would be caught in that series

No because you'd get people saying that if LeBron played Kobe during his "Frobe" days or even right after Shaq left he'd get dominated...if the Heat won they'd blame on Kobe's age and the fact that he's on his second set of knees
  • playmaker88playmaker88 You over did it holmes, you in the danger zone, you shouldn't be alone Posts: 51,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well he is in his 16th year the time to have this match up was when they were doing the puppet commercials. that was at the height of that match up hype
    DaBullSupremeXXV
    ^^^^ yup the match up had to happen between 07-08 season or the 08-09
  • NothingButTheTruthNothingButTheTruth Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Kobe era is 2000-10

Lebron era b4 2011 was drafted in 03 took his team to the Finals in 07 Bron been @ Kobe head since then
    Kobe era is 2000-10

I use the word "era" as in their time to win titles..

Kobe's was from 2000-10 cus he was in 7 finals out of those 10 years
    Lebron's is from 2011-present cus he has been in back to back finals and I can see him being in the next 3 or 4 finals..

If Kobe wins anymore rings from this point on as the main player he should be in everyone top 10 cus dude is in his 17 season

Fuck all that. Kobe should be top 5 on everyone's list. Kobe has all the accolades and skills in the world... and to top it off he has 5 rings, of which only 4 all-time superstar greats (via Russell, Kareem, Jordan, Magic) are touching his ring count.

If Kobe ain't in your top 5, you're hating. Simple as that.
    DaBullplaymaker88SupremeXXVdallas' 4 eva
  • smittysmithsmittysmith Posts: 7,549 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MJ
    Kareem
    Wilt
    Magic
    Russell
    Bird
    Big O
    Shaq
    Hakeem
    West
    Duncan
    K. Malone
    Moses
    Robinson
    Kobe

Quite reasonable if you ask me. Keep in mind i put huge emphasis on individual feats>>>>team accomplishments.

playmaker88dallas' 4 evaInglewood_B
    ^^^^^Kobe is in my top 5 no order

1.mj
    2.Kobe
    3.bird
    4.mj#32
    5.shaq

all I'm saying is if he gets ring #6 and you still deny him outta the universal top 10 then you're a hater..

some put Duncan,Hakeem,Oscar,Kareem,wilt and even Jerry west and David robinson over Kobe but it's whatever
  • Inglewood_BInglewood_B Real niggas back in style Inglewood niggaPosts: 6,516 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    kobe not being in the top 5 isn't hating.
  • playmaker88playmaker88 You over did it holmes, you in the danger zone, you shouldn't be alone Posts: 51,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • nujerz84nujerz84 Posts: 12,603 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its not hating if he isnt in your top 5... Kobe stans hilarious with that...
    Tommy bilfiger
  • dallas' 4 evadallas' 4 eva I been A1 since day 1 you niggas booboo.... Posts: 6,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fact of the matter is we have all watched Kobe. We have seen what he is capable of. If he isn't in your top 10 then I don't want to hear shit else you have to say go kill yourself now.
    down2earth
  • I Am Jay PeeI Am Jay Pee Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL at Lebron being a better leader....
    I never said top 5 I said if he gets his 6th ring and dudes still deny him top 10 is hating... he is in my MY top 5 that's all I said..