What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

"The Exploitation of Chicago's Chief Keef."

Comments

• FucktheIC
    FucktheIC Members Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭✭✭
    cobbland wrote: »
    FucktheIC wrote: »
    So instead of addressing the real issues we're blaming products of the factory? Instead of fixing the factory and the Research and Development departments we blame the cars themselves for the greenhouse emissions.

Chief Keef ain't he problem. Them 🤬 was killin' before Keef and it ain't like someone who wasn't gonna join a gang before keef is gonna join one now.

The problem isn't music, it never has been. The problem is the make up and demographics of our people. Father absenteeism, poverty, lack or resources and infrastructure, need I go on? But no one wants to write about the fact that the kids in society who need the most resources get the least b/c of the way public schools are funded. No one wants to write about the migration of black wealth from those very communities to the rich communities and how to combat that flight(I mean, can you blame them? Who wants to get shot at out of solidarity?) It's easy to blame Chief Keef and all other rappers, these 🤬 been doing it for damn near three decades. But it's hard to face the real issues. Cuz it requires a real demostration of power. You can't just boycott the education system. You can't just boycott infrastructure. You have to put effort into fixing it.

These weak ass 🤬 are just looking for a scapegoat and Keef is the flavor of the week.

I'll see y'all in 6 months when it's some other boogie who emerged recently who's causing problems in black America that have been there for decades.

First bolded comment: The article doesn't blame Keef per say, it highlights the vultures who are poverty pimps and exploiting his situation for their benefit.

2nd bolded comment: The Canibus quote (and the entire interview in the link) pertains to the music problem. If you don't see how the shift in content from a large majority can contribute to the problem we see now, then I don't know what to say.

I don't understand what you mean by shift in content from a large majority.

And the article doesn't blame keef, but it scapegoats him. As if somehow the media is using him as a lightning rod that will cause kids to 🤬 each other and it's 🤬 .
  • cobbland
    cobbland "Shorty": Belly (1998) Chicago...Members Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So instead of addressing the real issues we're blaming products of the factory? Instead of fixing the factory and the Research and Development departments we blame the cars themselves for the greenhouse emissions.

Chief Keef ain't he problem. Them 🤬 was killin' before Keef and it ain't like someone who wasn't gonna join a gang before keef is gonna join one now.

The problem isn't music, it never has been. The problem is the make up and demographics of our people. Father absenteeism, poverty, lack or resources and infrastructure, need I go on? But no one wants to write about the fact that the kids in society who need the most resources get the least b/c of the way public schools are funded. No one wants to write about the migration of black wealth from those very communities to the rich communities and how to combat that flight(I mean, can you blame them? Who wants to get shot at out of solidarity?) It's easy to blame Chief Keef and all other rappers, these 🤬 been doing it for damn near three decades. But it's hard to face the real issues. Cuz it requires a real demostration of power. You can't just boycott the education system. You can't just boycott infrastructure. You have to put effort into fixing it.

These weak ass 🤬 are just looking for a scapegoat and Keef is the flavor of the week.

I'll see y'all in 6 months when it's some other boogie who emerged recently who's causing problems in black America that have been there for decades.

First bolded comment: The article doesn't blame Keef per say, it highlights the vultures who are poverty pimps and exploiting his situation for their benefit.

2nd bolded comment: The Canibus quote (and the entire interview in the link) pertains to the music problem. If you don't see how the shift in content from a large majority can contribute to the problem we see now, then I don't know what to say.

And the article doesn't blame keef, but it scapegoats him. As if somehow the media is using him as a lightning rod that will cause kids to 🤬 each other and it's 🤬 .

When people change their content to "sell more records" or they adopt an image that's foreign to them in order to sell more. When people are consistently exposed to a certain type of lifestyle, it begins to shape their world. In many cases they will either accept it, or reject it.

I see where you say they scapegoat him, but at this point all one can accuse him of being is ignorant (to an extent), of those who will benefit from his situation more than he would.

• Ms. Sweeetface
    Ms. Sweeetface Members Posts: 393 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Agree with anned123, He's doing what exactly BG and Wayne was doing when they were younger.
    I think people are now noticing because of his age which I think this fool is 19.

Edited!
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I read all of that
  • FucktheIC
    FucktheIC Members Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012

When people change their content to "sell more records" or they adopt an image that's foreign to them in order to sell more. When people are consistently exposed to a certain type of lifestyle, it begins to shape their world. In many cases they will either accept it, or reject it.

I see where you say they scapegoat him, but at this point all one can accuse him of being is ignorant (to an extent), of those who will benefit from his situation more than he would.

I'm telling you bruh. Music isn't powerful enough to do that. white kids consume more rap music than we do and they don't have the issues we face. So it can't be the music. For that to be your argument, all consumers of hip0hop should be affected that way and it's not true.

Now, if you wanna argue that black children aren't taught how to love and appreciate the music without having it define them, that's another discussion entirely. The remedy for that isn't to blame chief keef, it's to provide the resources in schools to teach poor black youth how to interpret not only hip-hop but all streams of information across all media.

I refuse to buy the argument that keef or the music is to blame, b/c the evidence just doesn't support it.
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT .........Tell your mother she has a cute mouth #GIANTS #2014/2012/2010 #FUCK.KCMembers Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah they should shut him down .... take away his earning potential ...and let him go back to his community and see how that works ...brilliant

:-/

he's making a living ..instead of critiquing or trying to create a resolution to the environment he has been birthed out of some would rather use the messager as a scapegoat
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The thing is 🤬 are voicing their opinions now because its Chicago and we are the city highlighted for violence in the media now. Atleast for big cities....Chicago is going to get exploited by the machine just like los angeles and new york were in the 80s and early 90s. So I don't know why dudes is tripping. Alot of damage has been done so far. The sad thing is dudes like Ice Cube and Dre weren't even really bangers. Most dudes from chicago is except kanye and lupe. Don't act like chicago just got violent in the 2000s its be a gangster city since the 1800s through capone through the GDs and Vice lords and Latin Kings. Chicago was more violent then LA and NY in the 90s per capita wise because all three cities have different populations chicago having the least.

Like the other poster was saying start at the root of the problem Keef lead this life for real he is not a fake thug like dre, cube, and 2pac.
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This dude from Chicago I thought this song was actually pretty decent
    http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshhTaadDMAK8q9x9Yr1
  • 32DaysOfInfiniti
    32DaysOfInfiniti Members Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Do you not see what they are doing?

They have made it to the point where if you speak out against violence and savagery you are the enemy. You are a hater and need to get some money.

Really? Is that what it has come to?

What we have here is a big record label giving the world to a kid who has done nothing but wrong his whole life.

What kind of message is that?

I know its 🤬 up because the circumstances made it like that, but kids like Chief Keef dont get rewarded in life.

This label is blatantly exploiting this kid and trying to grasp the innocence out of all the youth who listen too him.

What we have here is a 16 year named an illegal activity, who is anti social, has a baby moma, and a criminal record, and yet has been credited as a leader of youth. Headphones, Movies, Record Deals? Why not?

These are just the type of people they want making money, so they can give it all right back.

Who does this make sense too?

Why does talent not equal success anymore specifically in what is deemed "urban music"

These are the types of questions we should be askin

Compare him to BG if and other older acts if you may but theres a difference between a kid having some old tapes when he gets signed that they release and a kid who gets a million dollar deal when he should still be making those old tapes. They werent giving none of the hot boys the 🤬 treatment they giving Keef.

Not even to mention skill and tact,

Unlike Wayne and B.G.

Chief Keef sucks
  • *~queenbee~*
    *~queenbee~* Retired Undefeated Boxing Champ Soaking in a warm Epsom salt bathMembers Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    aneed123 wrote: »
    why folk keep 🤬 ?.., whats the difference between him and any other young hood ass 🤬 ? all the hoods are horrible with violence and guns... why single him out? If he was super lyrical with the same guns and 🤬 yall would be happy. Let that man make his money
    Exactly! Even though I don't agree with him talking about violence and such at an young age, he is no different than our 50 cent's, Eminem's, and other gangsta rappers. I guess they're singling him out because of his age and where he comes from. To me it sounds bias and a little hypocritical.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭

They have made it to the point where if you speak out against violence and savagery you are the enemy. You are a hater and need to get some money.

What we have here is a big record label giving the world to a kid who has done nothing but wrong his whole life.

I know its 🤬 up because the circumstances made it like that, but kids like Chief Keef dont get rewarded in life.

This label is blatantly exploiting this kid and trying to grasp the innocence out of all the youth who listen too him.

What we have here is a 16 year named an illegal activity, who is anti social, has a baby moma, and a criminal record, and yet has been credited as a leader of youth. Headphones, Movies, Record Deals? Why not?

These are just the type of people they want making money, so they can give it all right back.

Why does talent not equal success anymore specifically in what is deemed "urban music"

Compare him to BG if and other older acts if you may but theres a difference between a kid having some old tapes when he gets signed that they release and a kid who gets a million dollar deal when he should still be making those old tapes. They werent giving none of the hot boys the 🤬 treatment they giving Keef.

Unlike Wayne and B.G.

Chief Keef sucks

i hear u but all u had to say was I favor Wayne and BG more cuz they rap better and thats why I dont look at it the same. At the end of the day ignorance and 🤬 🤬 is ignorance and 🤬 🤬 no matter how u clean it up of how good u rap no matter how much skill or tact u have.... Im not gonna bash lil dude for doing what all the other rappers before him did which was make money off of the hood 🤬 they either lived or saw. Only difference between BG and Keef is talent on the mike. both were young teenagers who rapped about illegal activities they partook in. ALL OF ITS 🤬 UP but at the end of the day the hood is 🤬 up. As long as lil dude make it out and make enough to provide for his family he's good. the They u talking bout pulling the puppet strings is the same they who did it in the 30's 40's 50's etc.... quit trying to scape goat this lil 🤬 for the bigger picture.
  • I'm THAT guy...
    I'm THAT guy... Members Posts: 2,544
    I don't recall B.G. or Lil Wayne for that matter receiving million dollar deals, endorsements, movies, etc. for their music when they was 16 so how can you compare them?

• aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't recall B.G. or Lil Wayne for that matter receiving million dollar deals, endorsements, movies, etc. for their music when they was 16 so how can you compare them?

ur arguing sematics... I making the point its all ignorance no matter how talented they are... the subject matter is dope/killing/sex thats pretty much 80% of rap. to single this lil dude out after damn near 30 years of this same cycle is wrong. BG and Wayne both became millionaires in their teens with the same subject matter... just cuz Keefe isnt on their same level lyrically doesnt change the fact that its the same subject matter. Hell they invented bling bling bling were all on tv with tours and everything. keefe just now getting a deal. I think folk are just mad cuz he is "garbage on the mic" and are using this ole he is bad for the community/exploitation as a front to 🤬 and complain. If dude was a prototypical mc flowing like Big L with the same subject matter no thread or complaints would be made which is 🤬 because rapping about sex/killing/dope is ignant and bad regardless..... just my opinion
  • 32DaysOfInfiniti
    32DaysOfInfiniti Members Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    aneed123 wrote: »

Unlike Wayne and B.G.

Chief Keef sucks

i hear u but all u had to say was I favor Wayne and BG more cuz they rap better and thats why I dont look at it the same. At the end of the day ignorance and 🤬 🤬 is ignorance and 🤬 🤬 no matter how u clean it up of how good u rap no matter how much skill or tact u have.... Im not gonna bash lil dude for doing what all the other rappers before him did which was make money off of the hood 🤬 they either lived or saw. Only difference between BG and Keef is talent on the mike. both were young teenagers who rapped about illegal activities they partook in. ALL OF ITS 🤬 UP but at the end of the day the hood is 🤬 up. As long as lil dude make it out and make enough to provide for his family he's good. the They u talking bout pulling the puppet strings is the same they who did it in the 30's 40's 50's etc.... quit trying to scape goat this lil 🤬 for the bigger picture.

Im not scape goatin the youngster, this thread is. I just feel with him, it is one of the most blatant examples. They no longer have to disguise it with talent or gimmicks or work ethic.

Just straight boon 🤬 unfiltered and uncut

🤬 whats the difference between turnin on fox 5 news and picking up the newest local mixtape.

Same 🤬 , its you fools who continue to brainlessly defend what we all know. Its not right, and thats the simple fact no matter what decade it happens in.

The 🤬 cares how much money this 🤬 got when he ends up back in jail or kills someone with al lthe guns he's probably already bought. They arent helping him, they are throwing gasoline on the fire. That is what they want

Divide the community so they can make money off it.

These boards are an embodiment of the poison carried out through hip hop for the past couple decades and the delusion it creates.

And there is a profound difference between sucking and being a skilled MC

When a person has skill and tact, they paint vivid pictures without you having to try it or be there for yourself.

When a rapper is terrible, it leaves more room for questions when they are so direct and untactful in bragging about their wrong doings. It is not reality when these young dudes are so nonchalantly criminals, without the harsh reality that comes along with it.

It is a fairly new phenomenon to broadcast individuals with such minimal talent as is occurring these days.

Lil Wayne himself is far more harmful now as an artist than he was when he first came out, because he use to be more believable now he is a comedy desensitizing horror.

Chief Keef's music does not have the commentary and insight Wayne's music had, 🤬 not even of Gucci's
  • High Revolutionary
    High Revolutionary Members Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    ^^^^^^Real 🤬 . Cats embrace and defend negativity so much it's almost like they're agents. No conspiracy.
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight The Clairvoyant One.... Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^^^^^Real 🤬 . Cats embrace brainwashed and defend negativity so much it's almost like they're agents. No conspiracy.

Fixed for accuracy.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 8,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the whole midwest is 🤬 up right now, from flint/detroit, toledo/cleveland/natti, to chicago....... resources have been sucked dry by the powers that be in the midwest and these young cats are goonin 4real. 9 people were shot in my hometown (toledo) within 24 hours a couple weeks ago, our population is only 285k......

look who keef is signed to and tell me that label isn't excellent when it comes to exploiting those from the bottom of the bottom..........
  • G Mack
    G Mack Members Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol you can't loop in Chicago to them other Midwest shitties

But I agree keef is basically the poster child of the medias explotation of Chicago's crime rate/gang violence
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 8,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    G Mack wrote: »
    Lol you can't loop in Chicago to them other Midwest shitties

But I agree keef is basically the poster child of the medias explotation of Chicago's crime rate/gang violence

why can't I ?

• NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems to be people in this country who want to censor people they dont agree with. Rappers are just exercising their 1st amendment right to free speech. And they are smart enough to get paid for it. People have a problem with the crime in chicago and a problem with a youngster doin it legally. But in 2012 you makin legal money good for you. These rapers know not to let these critics stop them.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc 16th & UMembers Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    man cheif keef and fat trel are garbage. I seen that 🤬 fat trel at stadium 🤬 ain't got no gangster in him at all. but hey whatever you can sell to the public to get on. That video was the 1st time i ever heard the chief dude. he's wack but yea young 🤬 being exploited isn't anything new. Doesn't mean we should continue to allow the 🤬 to continue. Just b/c we excused it form another artists years ago doesn't me we should excuse it now. But at the same time it's wrong to just single him out when it's something the whole genre is at fault about. Let's point everybody out not just him.
  • Chuchk
    Chuchk Members Posts: 903 ✭✭✭✭

Aside from Keef's adlibs this is actually kinda dope

thread title should be his album title

• wAXed_poetic
    wAXed_poetic PhiladelphiaMembers Posts: 332 ✭✭✭
    my stepson was having trouble learning his abc's so we started singing them to him every night. He picked it up in no time. When it's time to say his abc's, he recites them they way he learned them: as a song. Sesame street teaches through song all the time. They teach everything from numbers to the spanish language through song and it works. So, if a kid listens to songs from that of a "keef" what does the kid learn?
  • f.e.d.s.
    f.e.d.s. Chi-CityMembers Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ptowndonte wrote: »
    Chicago..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSgpwhF8Dbc

The 🤬 is this 🤬 ???????? Whoever decided to let this lil 🤬 record this 🤬 should've stopped him midway thru the session and beat his lil ass. Thatz the thing about my city. Not enough leaders and too many 🤬 followers. Somewhere along the line, this 🤬 became acceptable. I can't co-sign this 🤬
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc 16th & UMembers Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    yea that lil mouse 🤬 is disturbing