What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

i honestly give no f**k about fighting games.

13»

Comments

• CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soul Caliber >

Soul Calibur is an alright game, but I always felt it was a button mashers game.

That's because you have no skill...My brothers and I been on the series since Soul Blade on PS...With Voldo and Yoshimitsu, I kno' all the counters, parries, how to evade, when to do what and how many times...When I'm playin' against my brother its a game os skill and finesse...you've gotta kno' the characters, when they're gonna attack horizontally or vertically so you can block accordingly...its an art

Also...Me and Guile/Vega > anyone on this board
  • Michael_Malice
    Michael_Malice #YM Members Posts: 17,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only fighting game I play is UFC.
  • SecondChanceBro
    SecondChanceBro Members Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soul Caliber >

Soul Calibur is an alright game, but I always felt it was a button mashers game.

That's because you have no skill...My brothers and I been on the series since Soul Blade on PS...With Voldo and Yoshimitsu, I kno' all the counters, parries, how to evade, when to do what and how many times...When I'm playin' against my brother its a game os skill and finesse...you've gotta kno' the characters, when they're gonna attack horizontally or vertically so you can block accordingly...its an art

Also...Me and Guile/Vega > anyone on this board

Nobody has the time to memorize all of the moves, parries and counters. 🤬 's be getting 🤬 and degrees, I do not have that kind of time on my hands.
  • CallMeWelvin
    CallMeWelvin Members Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alias is wack as 🤬
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fighting games>Generic military themed First person shooters
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    imm0rt4l wrote: »
    the alpha games are coming out on anniversary collection ps3 version, would be dope to play it online but thats not happening. Alpha 2 was my very first game on psx and it's my favorite of the alpha games, the stages and bgm are better than any sf game to this day.

yea Alpha 2 is dope as hell

The PSP Alpha 3 Max on PS3 actually has adhoc online play but IDK how many ppl use it
  • [Trillmatic]
    [Trillmatic] Members Posts: 3,531 ✭✭✭✭✭

The PSP Alpha 3 Max on PS3 actually has adhoc online play but IDK how many ppl use it

I actually bought Alpha 3 Max for the psp. its a dead-on port of the sega saturn and ps2 version of alpha 3. once I sold my psp I just redownload it onto my Vita and still play it occasionally.
  • imm0rt4l
    imm0rt4l Members Posts: 683 ✭✭✭
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon 713 or nothing Houston Members Posts: 28,567 ✭✭✭✭✭
    only fighting game i 🤬 with is Tekken
  • s_a_m_r_i_o
    s_a_m_r_i_o Members Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Street Fighter Alpha 3, Capcom vs Snk 2 are the best Capcom fighters. For people who bought KOF 12 should've got KOF 13 for free for making that awful game.
  • blackkevblazini
    blackkevblazini Members Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Street Fighter Alpha 3, Capcom vs Snk 2 are the best Capcom fighters. For people who bought KOF 12 should've got KOF 13 for free for making that awful game.

KOF 12 was the Demo Version of KOF 13. for real.

I was wondering where the rest of the game was when I bought that 🤬 .
  • MF_Doomerville
    MF_Doomerville Members Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only 🤬 with vf, tekken, old school sf, and soul caliber.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only 🤬 with vf, tekken, old school sf, and soul caliber.

lol 🤬 thats every game
  • intalect
    intalect Members Posts: 674 ✭✭
    The thing that most people can't handle about fighting games is losing to someone much more skilled online... yes fighting games can be hella laggy online and some people do know how to take advantage of it . But with a little practice and patience you will become better . But casuals don't care for it that's why it's the least popular but yet most 🤬 genre in video games. Fighting games is whatever you make it you can pick up and plan 1 match or 100 matches a night its all up to you
  • [Trillmatic]
    [Trillmatic] Members Posts: 3,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    intalect wrote: »
    The thing that most people can't handle about fighting games is losing to someone much more skilled online... yes fighting games can be hella laggy online and some people do know how to take advantage of it . But with a little practice and patience you will become better . But casuals don't care for it that's why it's the least popular but yet most 🤬 genre in video games. Fighting games is whatever you make it you can pick up and plan 1 match or 100 matches a night its all up to you

i think i was playing someone with a lag switch the other day on ssf4 AE. the guy had full bars when we were at the matchup screen then at the end of each of the 2 rounds when i was winning the game would get extremely choppy, like someone was putting the game on slow mo. needless to say I lost.
  • Cigarello Slim
    Cigarello Slim Legalize Never Criticize Members Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Back in the day I used to play MK & Street Fighter but my favorite is Soul Blade for the PS. Fighting games take some effort to play like knowing the fighter and their specific move-set and I devote too much time to other games to put in that work, I guess that's why I don't play 'em as much. If UFC Undisputed & Fight Night count though I play those 🤬 ...
  • genocidecutter
    Back in the day I used to play MK & Street Fighter but my favorite is Soul Blade for the PS. Fighting games take some effort to play like knowing the fighter and their specific move-set and I devote too much time to other games to put in that work, I guess that's why I don't play 'em as much. If UFC Undisputed & Fight Night count though I play those 🤬 ...

Word its not easy like COD
  • intalect
    intalect Members Posts: 674 ✭✭
    intalect wrote: »

i think i was playing someone with a lag switch the other day on ssf4 AE. the guy had full bars when we were at the matchup screen then at the end of each of the 2 rounds when i was winning the game would get extremely choppy, like someone was putting the game on slow mo. needless to say I lost.

Yeah SfXTekken has the same issue I haven't touched it since April But I will be a sucker a buy the DLC for the new characters on the 31st I must admit . Tekken 6 is almost unplayable as well only 2 Fighting games that has the least amount of lag is Soul Calibur V, MK9, and DOA oh yeah and Blaz Blue and KOF. I hope namco is much smother with TTT2 in september lord knows how much i will love that game
    Karl. wrote: »
    If I had to abolish a gaming genre fighting games would be in the firing line.

🤬 yourself
  • s_a_m_r_i_o
    Speaking of movesets, the problem I have with King Of Fighters is that their movesets are not consistent with different games.
  • genocidecutter
    Speaking of movesets, the problem I have with King Of Fighters is that their movesets are not consistent with different games.

SNKP does that on purpose. They like add and changing moves
  • s_a_m_r_i_o

SNKP does that on purpose. They like add and changing moves

Which is why they'll never be 1st place. Also they have the worst bosses, they 🤬 🤬 always throwing projectiles. For the next KOF, they need to switch out the fighters during matches like they do in 11.

• dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Dallas Cowboys 2016 NFC EAST CHAMPS Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soul Caliber >

You're crazy as hell if you think Soul Calibur is a button masher. Mash buttons against me in that game and I would smash you. Yoshimitsu >>>>