What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

Amazing Spider-Man Thread (New Trailer)

12346

Comments

  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Your favorite basketball-american gentleman Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also amazing spiderman's spiderman lost for having a auny may that looks like octo mom.
  • MAKAVELI25
    MAKAVELI25 Members Posts: 5,595 ✭✭✭✭
    Movie was aight, felt a little rushed. Garfield did the best he could with the material he was given and Emma Stone is a lot more likeable than Dunst ever was. The villain was shoddily done, CGI was not that great though. Movie is solid, but not good enough to have warranted the remake.
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Entertainment/Pop Culture/Media Analyst New York CityMembers Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grade (B -) Well I thought it was a pretty good reboot. My only issue was it was clearly Spidey 4. In the original trilogy they were setting up the whole Dr. Connor's storyline. I felt like they kept that story in place but threw in the whole origin again. I did like Garfield's Peter better cause it felt more like how the comic peter was. The movie was straight but I can't put it above Spidey 1 + 2. It's better than that 🤬 awful train wreck Spidey 3 easily. I have to see what they do with the sequel but I didn't think another origin story needed to be told. They should of just started the film with him as Spider-man already.
  • YamoleySensei
    YamoleySensei Members Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    seen it yesterday and that 🤬 was dope to me....
    Amazing Spider-Man >>>> Spider-Man, Spider-Man 2 and definitely 3
    too bad Emma Stone was only like what, 12 when the first Spider-Man dropped? her today would've played the perfect Mary Jane than ugly ass Kirsten Dunst
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Grade (B -) Well I thought it was a pretty good reboot. My only issue was it was clearly Spidey 4. In the original trilogy they were setting up the whole Dr. Connor's storyline. I felt like they kept that story in place but threw in the whole origin again. I did like Garfield's Peter better cause it felt more like how the comic peter was. The movie was straight but I can't put it above Spidey 1 + 2. It's better than that 🤬 awful train wreck Spidey 3 easily. I have to see what they do with the sequel but I didn't think another origin story needed to be told. They should of just started the film with him as Spider-man already.

    No they weren't...the only time you see Connors in the original trilogy is as Peter's college professor...and when he has him examine the black suit material for him...there wasn't a set up for the Lizard in those movies...if you didn't know the Spiderman story you'd have no clue Connors was important
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Entertainment/Pop Culture/Media Analyst New York CityMembers Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    @Black Rain:

    Conners was in Spidey 2 and 3, and he was going to be the villain in 4 before Rami and Tobey lost their jobs. They kept his story in place but threw in the whole un-needed origin story. If they really wanted to keep it real with the comics than The Chameleon would of been the 1st villain before Connors. The only positive thing about the reboot was the introduction of peter's parents outside of that, Getting bit, Uncle Ben dying the whole 9 was unnecessary and we been there and done that. The Movie was uneven at best, I still gave it a B- cause there were elements closer to the comics than Rami's films but I still think Spidey 1 + 2 are soild enough even all these year later. It's better than Spidey 3 which everyone agrees was trash but again can't put it over the 1st two. I did love the Web Action and I'm so happy it was carriages over organic which was dumb. Also it was good showing Peter coming home beat up cause that's closer to the comics than when Tobey would come home barely scratched.
  • jay83
    jay83 Members Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was cool, but wasnt worth enough for a remake.

    But the new pater parker>>>> toby mcguire.
  • Beta
    Beta #FastFamily Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Andrew Garfield murdered tobey macguire on his own his 🤬 . A much better peter parker and his character was a lot more likeable. None of the characters were cheesy and the humor was pretty good. Although they kinda rushed through him becoming spiderman, I felt it was needed since we've seen that in spiderman 1. Lizard was iight I just felt as if that 🤬 was too strong lol I cant think of one time where spiderman hit him and actually hurt him. Most he did, was tie him up for about 10 secs and kept shooting web in his face. Its good to see spiderman face a real challenge though but I felt since spiderman has super strength he shouldve at least hurt the lizard.

    But the sequel better have my 🤬 the shocker in it. They need to bring him in early in the 2nd movie(like him robbing a bank as the opening scene and fights spiderman) They after spiderman handles him the shocker doesnt come back until the last fight with spiderman when hes teamed up with another villian like scorpion. (because the shocker cant carry a movie alone

    54981-shocker_40011.jpg

    This 🤬 would be dope in a movie with his abilities
  • Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Channing Tatum as Eddie Brock/Venom?
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    @Black Rain:

    Conners was in Spidey 2 and 3, and he was going to be the villain in 4 before Rami and Tobey lost their jobs. They kept his story in place but threw in the whole un-needed origin story. If they really wanted to keep it real with the comics than The Chameleon would of been the 1st villain before Connors. The only positive thing about the reboot was the introduction of peter's parents outside of that, Getting bit, Uncle Ben dying the whole 9 was unnecessary and we been there and done that. The Movie was uneven at best, I still gave it a B- cause there were elements closer to the comics than Rami's films but I still think Spidey 1 + 2 are soild enough even all these year later. It's better than Spidey 3 which everyone agrees was trash but again can't put it over the 1st two. I did love the Web Action and I'm so happy it was carriages over organic which was dumb. Also it was good showing Peter coming home beat up cause that's closer to the comics than when Tobey would come home barely scratched.

    I know he was in 2 and 3, hence me saying the only time you see him is when Peter's in class, when he examnies the symbiot...and when he tells him "Good job" after Peter gives up his powers in the 2nd movie...there was no set up and if you're a casual spiderman fan the role of Connors has no significance at all because they don't go into him character...I 'd put this movie over the first Spiderman but that's 100% because of Andrew Garfield...he was just a much better Peter Parker
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla ... push up the fader... bust the meter... shake the tweeter Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saw it tonight

    Its a decent flick. I like how lean it was and not overly dramatic

    Good lead roles as well
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Mr. Fifth Letter Your ConscienceMembers Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only parts of this movie I didn't feel were the death sequences involving Parker 2.0. The one with Uncle Ben felt too forced, and the one with Captain Stacey felt perfect until the scream. No one screams like that after a murder that isn't the victim's mom. If he'd just hung his head, it would've been enough to highlight the pain.

    Other than that, Tobey is somewhere salty as 🤬 . He had the opportunity to sign on for something like 6 Spider-Man movies after the success of the first two, but because him and snagglepuss kept bullshitting, Sony dropped all those storylines in the 🤬 that is Spider-Man 3, and then told him to kick rocks, "We'll reboot this without you."

    [email protected] wanting to be DiCaprio status when he had the opportunity to do Will Smith numbers.
  • ghost!
    ghost! Not f8kin' around Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dude was not better then tobey Mcguire..too man "prisoners of the moment" katz in here. He added no personality to spider man, Mcgurie did. smh at the post in here
  • ghost!
    ghost! Not f8kin' around Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    rage wrote: »
    This movie 🤬 on every single movie of that 🤬 ass trilogy. Garfield destroyed McGuire in his reprise of Parker. 🤬 wasnt even close....the sewer web scene>>>>any scene in the trilogy.

    🤬 stop...it 🤬 on 3 but no wher near the first or second....

    first off the first one brought spiderman to the big screen and showed you how it's done. the villians in both spiderman movies were done well and acted to a T (the only good thinkg about this spider was the lizard..

    ha ha "the sewer web scene" like the first, two didnt have scenes


    spiderman one: the burning building scene, the first time doc oct and spiderman met and fought, Peter chasing after the burgler who killed his aunt., the last scene, spiderman trapped on the bridge with the kids.


    spiderman two: the train scene, the cafe scene when doc oct threw the car at peter., after the bank scene, when they were fallen from the building and the music cuts out so u can hear them beefing and then cuts back in...

    like i said the only thing good about the amazing spider was the fighting scenes, and the lizard and that's it.

  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    ghost! wrote: »
    dude was not better then tobey Mcguire..too man "prisoners of the moment" katz in here. He added no personality to spider man, Mcgurie did. smh at the post in here

    Tobey McGuire was not a good Peter Parker...he just wasn't...there's an socially awkward part of Peter Parker that McGuire just didn't pull off well..and the smartass part of Spiderman was never there at all...though part of what ruined the original 3 was the decision to make the webbing organic instead of having Peter make it himself like it'd always been done...many of Spiderman's best moments come when he runs out of webbing, it's ineffective against his enemy, or the web shooters get damaged in some way...by having Peter's body make the webbing itself they cut off ALOT of things they could have placed in the original movies
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    ghost! wrote: »
    rage wrote: »
    This movie 🤬 on every single movie of that 🤬 ass trilogy. Garfield destroyed McGuire in his reprise of Parker. 🤬 wasnt even close....the sewer web scene>>>>any scene in the trilogy.

    🤬 stop...it 🤬 on 3 but no wher near the first or second....

    first off the first one brought spiderman to the big screen and showed you how it's done. the villians in both spiderman movies were done well and acted to a T (the only good thinkg about this spider was the lizard..

    ha ha "the sewer web scene" like the first, two didnt have scenes


    spiderman one: the burning building scene, the first time doc oct and spiderman met and fought, Peter chasing after the burgler who killed his aunt., the last scene, spiderman trapped on the bridge with the kids.


    spiderman two: the train scene, the cafe scene when doc oct threw the car at peter., after the bank scene, when they were fallen from the building and the music cuts out so u can hear them beefing and then cuts back in...

    like i said the only thing good about the amazing spider was the fighting scenes, and the lizard and that's it.

    the bold are Spiderman 2...and it was his uncle not his aunt that got killed...
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor The Spectacular Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish I could find this 🤬 online
  • twizza 77
    twizza 77 Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    I really like how the emphasized that Peter is a scientist with the Web Shooters, unlike Tobey's Spiderman. I wish they do the college version, they always go with the Teenage angst High School narrative. Does Spiderman really expose his identity to others in the comics often compared to the movies?
  • ghost!
    ghost! Not f8kin' around Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @blackrain, I actually meant the scene when goblin n spidey met
    In the burning building and it was a typo about what family member got killed
  • ghost!
    ghost! Not f8kin' around Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    "Smart ass" Spiderman? do you not remember the many comments he made to goblin n J.J.??

    This spiderman hits on his social awkwardness more then him being a smartass, where McGuire's spiderman had the smart mouth and was not as awkward as this spiderman but still and last I checked, in the comics. There are so many different versions of spiderman, how are you going wrong with what McGuire and Remi did and how n where his web shooters shoot should very minor. McGuire's version was just fine, the studio never had a problem w him, really nobody (except here) had a problem with him . Just he got older, and the studio wanted to make him younger.

    This story and verison still lacks for the first one.

  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    ghost! wrote: »
    "Smart ass" Spiderman? do you not remember the many comments he made to goblin n J.J.??

    This spiderman hits on his social awkwardness more then him being a smartass, where McGuire's spiderman had the smart mouth and was not as awkward as this spiderman but still and last I checked, in the comics. There are so many different versions of spiderman, how are you going wrong with what McGuire and Remi did and how n where his web shooters shoot should very minor. McGuire's version was just fine, the studio never had a problem w him, really nobody (except here) had a problem with him . Just he got older, and the studio wanted to make him younger.

    This story and verison still lacks for the first one.

    Yeah I do and it was never that good to me...and the web shooters matter alot because them working/not working has been the source of some great moments in Spiderman's history so to change a major part of the character like that does make a difference...and yeah there's a bunch of different versions of Spiderman, but that's more related to the universe and the different storylines of the characters but the actual personalities of the characters NEVER changes...hence why they can reboot it from the perspective of a different Spiderman universe with new story lines..them blending the Mary Jane and Gwen Stacy characters for the original movies (Stan Lee admits to doing this on the Spiderman 2 dvd) stunted the story line as well because you cut out alot of what makes Peter Parker...
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor The Spectacular Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    $pyda wrote: »
    I wish I could find this 🤬 online

    sooo nobody can provide a link?
  • ghost!
    ghost! Not f8kin' around Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    blackrain wrote: »
    ghost! wrote: »
    "Smart ass" Spiderman? do you not remember the many comments he made to goblin n J.J.??

    This spiderman hits on his social awkwardness more then him being a smartass, where McGuire's spiderman had the smart mouth and was not as awkward as this spiderman but still and last I checked, in the comics. There are so many different versions of spiderman, how are you going wrong with what McGuire and Remi did and how n where his web shooters shoot should very minor. McGuire's version was just fine, the studio never had a problem w him, really nobody (except here) had a problem with him . Just he got older, and the studio wanted to make him younger.

    This story and verison still lacks for the first one.

    Yeah I do and it was never that good to me...and the web shooters matter alot because them working/not working has been the source of some great moments in Spiderman's history so to change a major part of the character like that does make a difference...and yeah there's a bunch of different versions of Spiderman, but that's more related to the universe and the different storylines of the characters but the actual personalities of the characters NEVER changes...hence why they can reboot it from the perspective of a different Spiderman universe with new story lines..them blending the Mary Jane and Gwen Stacy characters for the original movies (Stan Lee admits to doing this on the Spiderman 2 dvd) stunted the story line as well because you cut out alot of what makes Peter Parker...

    we can agree this is a movie right, and from the dawn of every comic book movie NOT EVERYTHING is gonna be provide in a 2 hour, 3 hour movie..correct? With that said because spiderman, according to you in s.remi version didnt have web cartridges that took away from "big moments" in spiderman history, even though the movie was a hug success (i think still has better numbers then this spiderman) and beyond this site nobody to a larger scale made that much gripe about it...you sir are nit picking in that regrads.

    and like i said...the first spiderman got the "smartass comments down, but was not as awkward" this spiderman was more awkward and less of a smartass..correct so we can say both charaters didnt get spiderman down totally??

    s.remi made peters transformation into spiderman well, and with good pacing. this spiderman was rushed..."flash gordon" in this spiderman was wack, and that basketball scene was horrible too, that more looked like a scene from "high school the musical", and like i is said before...

    the amazing spiderman took the same tone and exact scene from spiderman one...where peter let's the robber go scott free only to make a smart ass comment to the dude whoses money he stole...come on..where's the originality if this is suppose to be a different version..(which i have no problem with them doing a diff. verison)



    and i don't remember g.stacy in spiderman 2??
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited July 2012
    ghost! wrote: »
    blackrain wrote: »
    ghost! wrote: »
    "Smart ass" Spiderman? do you not remember the many comments he made to goblin n J.J.??

    This spiderman hits on his social awkwardness more then him being a smartass, where McGuire's spiderman had the smart mouth and was not as awkward as this spiderman but still and last I checked, in the comics. There are so many different versions of spiderman, how are you going wrong with what McGuire and Remi did and how n where his web shooters shoot should very minor. McGuire's version was just fine, the studio never had a problem w him, really nobody (except here) had a problem with him . Just he got older, and the studio wanted to make him younger.

    This story and verison still lacks for the first one.

    Yeah I do and it was never that good to me...and the web shooters matter alot because them working/not working has been the source of some great moments in Spiderman's history so to change a major part of the character like that does make a difference...and yeah there's a bunch of different versions of Spiderman, but that's more related to the universe and the different storylines of the characters but the actual personalities of the characters NEVER changes...hence why they can reboot it from the perspective of a different Spiderman universe with new story lines..them blending the Mary Jane and Gwen Stacy characters for the original movies (Stan Lee admits to doing this on the Spiderman 2 dvd) stunted the story line as well because you cut out alot of what makes Peter Parker...

    we can agree this is a movie right, and from the dawn of every comic book movie NOT EVERYTHING is gonna be provide in a 2 hour, 3 hour movie..correct? With that said because spiderman, according to you in s.remi version didnt have web cartridges that took away from "big moments" in spiderman history, even though the movie was a hug success (i think still has better numbers then this spiderman) and beyond this site nobody to a larger scale made that much gripe about it...you sir are nit picking in that regrads.

    and like i said...the first spiderman got the "smartass comments down, but was not as awkward" this spiderman was more awkward and less of a smartass..correct so we can say both charaters didnt get spiderman down totally??

    s.remi made peters transformation into spiderman well, and with good pacing. this spiderman was rushed..."flash gordon" in this spiderman was wack, and that basketball scene was horrible too, that more looked like a scene from "high school the musical", and like i is said before...

    the amazing spiderman took the same tone and exact scene from spiderman one...where peter let's the robber go scott free only to make a smart ass comment to the dude whoses money he stole...come on..where's the originality if this is suppose to be a different version..(which i have no problem with them doing a diff. verison)



    and i don't remember g.stacy in spiderman 2??

    Gwen Stacy wasn't in Spiderman 2 but on the Spiderman 2 dvd extras there's a special called THe Women in Spiderman's life and Stan Lee says the movie version of Mary Jane is a combination of Gwen Stacy (the girl he knew all his life) and Mary Jane (the girl he ends up marrying)...hence why throwing Gwen Stacy into the 3rd movie made no real sense because her and Peter Parker already have an established history....that and the way it was written was just plain terrible

    I know not everything is going to be exact to the comic book and I wasn't expecting it to. I'm not that fan that expects a 100% recreation, I even said earlier in this thread that I liked how in the Amazing Spiderman they did a twist on the whole Peter/Flash angle on how they start to become cool with each other so you're 100% wrong about that. As for the web shooters, that's not just a small detail, that's a huge detail to what makes Spiderman, and it was something that threw many people off when the first movie came out in 2002. It's not just about big moments because that's a main part of the character and,as shown in The Amazing Spiderman, contributes to Spiderman having to find different ways to beat different villians. It's not just some random 🤬 that happened every now and again or a minute detail to the story of Spiderman, the web shooters and Spiderman's webbing were a consistent thing brought up.
  • focus
    focus The #1 Nigga, I Don't Need No Hype. Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stopping the runaway train in Spidey 2 is still the best action sequence in any of the Spidey movies.

    I say Spider-Man 2 and The Amazing Spider-Man are equals.

    With that said, Toby's Spider-Man lost for trying to marry Mary Jane without ever 🤬 . Their whole relationship <<<< Andrew and Gwen. There was never even a hint of evidence that Tobey was 🤬 Mary Jane in the original trilogy. Dude bout to propose, but they still sleeping in separate beds in the third movie? Andrew smashed Gwen like the second time he was in her room, didnt he?