What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

Hey J Cole, feel free to stop using the same drum patterns and 3 keys in all your beats dude

13»

Comments

• MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    usmarine done had critiques oh cole before....now if gee starts talking bad about ross then im grab the canned food and go to the apocalypse shelter lmao ross did a song with gees rival gayy azz dre and that 🤬 still was bobbing his head praying to the lord and savior ricky rozay
  • bootcheese3000
    bootcheese3000 Members Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Naw it's me, i just heard a track he did called "i'm a fool'' and heard the same repetitive ass drums and keys. Whomever is gassing dude in the studio need to stop. I don't think it's no coincidence you don't see too many people jumping on his beats beside people he is cool with Wale, Kendrick,etc.

then provide some dope tracks or a remix fo' the homie. criticism nor tough love won't work for that fragile-ass 🤬 . we ALL know how things turned out LAST summer when that fool was talking about he txting 🤬 Man everyday to do a verse on his album:

colec-1.png

you hurt that lil' 🤬 's feelings--NOW APOLOGIZE.

j-cole-sad-face.jpg
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    no mention of ryan leslie that man is a beast

• Swiffness!
    Swiffness! PART OF THE CONSPIRACY Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Wow, I never even knew he made his own beats. CW:TSS was a huge letdown to me but I loved both of the title tracks. Really impressive that he made both of those tracks honestly, fantastic beats. Off them alone I'll take his production over Em's. But the rest of the album.......nah. Mr Nice Watch? So that's who I blame for that horrible-ass track lol.

You really can't be producing your WHOLE album as a MC. Its been pulled off, but its so rare. It's like being a auteur dude that writes the screenplay AND directs the film.....its just too much to do all the time. For every Tarantino that can actually juggle all the responsibilities and do it consistently there's a million M. Nights that think they can but can't.

Even Kanye fell back from making all the beats on his albums.

(and this is one of the reasons I don't take Hopsin seriously)

• antarticp
    antarticp Members Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    Wow, I never even knew he made his own beats. CW:TSS was a huge letdown to me but I loved both of the title tracks. Really impressive that he made both of those tracks honestly, fantastic beats. Off them alone I'll take his production over Em's. But the rest of the album.......nah. Mr Nice Watch? So that's who I blame for that horrible-ass track lol.

You really can't be producing your WHOLE album as a MC. Its been pulled off, but its so rare. It's like being a auteur dude that writes the screenplay AND directs the film.....its just too much to do all the time. For every Tarantino that can actually juggle all the responsibilities and do it consistently there's a million M. Nights that think they can but can't.

i have to dissagree i think making beats and writing tracks go hand in hand ... to an artist both processes are considered writing ... but you def have to build your production skills ... not sure how long J Cole been producing but with the folks he surounded by it can only get better ... like you said as far as production he has some highlights on his album as well as some serious lows (i agree with ya on the mr nice watch joint, but he did try something new on that one, dubstep, so in away i give him props but yeah not really feeling it like that) .... he needs to take advantage of his highs and combine that with outside production and i think he could drop flawless work ... that is until he is ready and on his kanye ish where he can produce whole albums and do the writing also ...
  • Lab Baby
    Lab Baby Parts Unknown via BrooklynMembers Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭

Large Professor, Diamond D, Q Tip, Lord Finesse, RZA, etc. been puttin out classics for years... for dolo.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funny, b/c when people clowned 'Mr. Nice Watch' and other boring/corny ass beats, dude was defendin him on some...

1401937_o.gif
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    s2jepeka wrote: »
    Funny, b/c when people clowned 'Mr. Nice Watch' and other boring/corny ass beats, dude was defendin him on some...

1401937_o.gif

False, i was the main one saying songs like Lights Please, :Lost Ones,etc had generic beats.
  • antarticp
    Lab Baby wrote: »

Large Professor, Diamond D, Q Tip, Lord Finesse, RZA, etc. been puttin out classics for years... for dolo.

funny 🤬 is none of those guys had any kind of longevity tho as far as being an artist/producer ... they all fell pretty hard ... we can even thro Pete Rock in the mix ... altho i think rapping wise he was never that dude ... but @ a time Diamon D, Qtip, Lord Finesse and Rza were ... IMO i think Kanye probably hold the title but funny thing is he started off wack and gotten better over the years kind of the exact opposite of all the other guys ...
  • antarticp
    s2jepeka wrote: »

1401937_o.gif

False, i was the main one saying songs like Lights Please, :Lost Ones,etc had generic beats.

i think under produced is a better word ... but it bes like that sometimes especially when your building a track for something with meaning ... you want to keep folks focus on the raps and not get to lost in the production ... use the production to get the flow going and to keep it moving ...... however i guess it would be nice to hear those songs over another beat ...... but i gotta say they are a perfect fit the way they are ........ imo
  • usmarin3
    Kanye got better songwriters around him. lol Drop Consequence and Rhymefest and brought in 🤬 like Pusha
  • Lab Baby
    antarticp wrote: »

funny 🤬 is none of those guys had any kind of longevity tho as far as being an artist/producer ... they all fell pretty hard ... we can even thro Pete Rock in the mix ... altho i think rapping wise he was never that dude ... but @ a time Diamon D, Qtip, Lord Finesse and Rza were ... IMO i think Kanye probably hold the title but funny thing is he started off wack and gotten better over the years kind of the exact opposite of all the other guys ...

Gotta disagree as far as RZA is concerned... he's still relevant to this day, word to Kanye. Even so, all of them dudes had the success J Cole had (gold albums, success with other artists). And if we're talking talent wise, LP just put out a dope album, Diamond D still puts out records from time to time that still knock, and Q Tip... did we forget that The Renaissance came out not too long ago? Cole wishes he could have the quality of those dudes.
  • antarticp
    Kanye got better songwriters around him. lol Drop Consequence and Rhymefest and brought in 🤬 like Pusha

lol he said came in to do more than just rhyme with him ... but you really think pusha writes for kanye ?? im hoping NO ... but im sure he gives him motivation to write better and to step his rap swag up ....
  • antarticp

Gotta disagree as far as RZA is concerned... he's still relevant to this day, word to Kanye. Even so, all of them dudes had the success J Cole had (gold albums, success with other artists). And if we're talking talent wise, LP just put out a dope album, Diamond D still puts out records from time to time that still knock, and Q Tip... did we forget that The Renaissance came out not too long ago? Cole wishes he could have the quality of those dudes.

rza is that dude when it comes to production but when it comes to rapping i dont think anyone is really checking for a rza song (even his wu brothers lol) or even 16 bars from rza .... IMO rza hasnt been dope since the days of the purple tape ... that was like one of his last dopest verses i think it was on WU gambinos ... dudes used to snap when rza came in on that one ..... well hold up he did have a few nice verses on the Double WU Album ....... but outside of those two joints man rza aka bobby digital was on a downfall .... even Rae had to step up and check rza .....
  • usmarin3

lol he said came in to do more than just rhyme with him ... but you really think pusha writes for kanye ?? im hoping NO ... but im sure he gives him motivation to write better and to step his rap swag up ....

People definitely write for him, whether it's Pusha or not, i don't know.
  • Lab Baby

rza is that dude when it comes to production but when it comes to rapping i dont think anyone is really checking for a rza song (even his wu brothers lol) or even 16 bars from rza .... IMO rza hasnt been dope since the days of the purple tape ... that was like one of his last dopest verses i think it was on WU gambinos ... dudes used to snap when rza came in on that one ..... well hold up he did have a few nice verses on the Double WU Album ....... but outside of those two joints man rza aka bobby digital was on a downfall .... even Rae had to step up and check rza .....

Chill... Bobby Digital was a classic. His flow is off as hell, but he still got bars that go over people's heads. Peep Sunshowers off the 8 Diagrams album.
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You and J Cole break up?