What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

Dear Eastcoast Hiphop, start fcukin with Ross' production team

StillDreaming
StillDreaming Members Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭
edited April 2010 in The Reason
Real talk the production Ross is getting sounds like what new age eastcoast tracks should be. Listen to On the Run, Mafia music 2, and even the new track Super High......it's not really a southern sound u get from like outkast, ugk, or gucci. I'm a huge Ross fan but I would love to hear some NY emcees spittin over the production he is getting.
«1

Comments

  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Black Identified Extremist Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited April 2010
    I agree especially Nas who I believe would fit perfect on some of those beats.
  • StillDreaming
    StillDreaming Members Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    jamacia wrote: »
    I agree especially Nas who I believe would fit perfect on some of those beats.

    Exactly. Ross is getting grown man beats rite now that some of the more elite emcees like Nas could definitely benefit from.
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID 5* Poster. Ranked #1 ESPNU150,Rivals,247Sports. Uncommitted. Tri-State Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    yea our problem is we stuck in our ways..I don't like that's how our artists think but hey aint no change in some of em'
  • StillDreaming
    StillDreaming Members Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    The BDB wrote: »
    yea our problem is we stuck in our ways..I don't like that's how our artists think but hey aint no change in some of em'

    That's sad but true. Some of the eastcoast emcees need to realize that u can get updated production w/o sacrificing lyrical content, and Ross has found the production that not only sounds good, but sounds good with lyrical substance added to it.
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    *hopes cam'ron stumbles upon this thread*...
  • MAKAVELI25
    MAKAVELI25 Members Posts: 5,595 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Yeah, for real, you shoulda hear Nas on Rick Ross' track "Usual Suspects", 🤬 was hot
  • StillDreaming
    StillDreaming Members Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    MAKAVELI25 wrote: »
    Yeah, for real, you shoulda hear Nas on Rick Ross' track "Usual Suspects", 🤬 was hot

    Or Jay on Maybach Music 1 and Fab on Maybach Music 2 remix. The production fits an eastcoast emcee perfectly
  • StillDreaming
    StillDreaming Members Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Oh yea Super High is official. Listen to it a few times and tell me u couldn't see BIG flowing on that 🤬 . Ross in the zone right now
  • tbaker87
    tbaker87 Members Posts: 53
    edited April 2010
    The whole genre of hip hop needs to upgrade to a more "mature" sound. We need a new crop of producers who can compose with the skill of yesteryears best composers. Live bass lines, guitars, drums, lush chords on the keyboards, and no samples.
  • StillDreaming
    StillDreaming Members Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    tbaker87 wrote: »
    The whole genre of hip hop needs to upgrade to a more "mature" sound. We need a new crop of producers who can compose with the skill of yesteryears best composers. Live bass lines, guitars, drums, lush chords on the keyboards, and no samples.

    The samples are fine with me as long as they have never been used before. I do agree on the live instruments tho it just gives the production a more grown up sound.
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight The Clairvoyant One.... Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Oh yea Super High is official. Listen to it a few times and tell me u couldn't see BIG flowing on that 🤬 . Ross in the zone right now

    Hell yeah..that Super High joint is crazy..
  • MF_Doomerville
    MF_Doomerville Members Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    I disagree with what every body is saying. Im from the south and I miss that old east coast hip hop sound. That rugged underground grimey 🤬 . Preemo, Havoc, Alchemist, Rza, and even old Swizz Beats made that sound signature to east coast. Ross is a good artist but that sound specifically fits him and other artist like him. He does that grown and sexy 🤬 to fit his rap persona of being that mafioso boss. Just my opinion anyway. Then again, this is a completely different era of music and people arent really into spitting 🤬 lyrics. Its mainly dumbed down lyrics with hot beats.
  • gman82
    gman82 Members Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    I hear you t/s. The irony about this new single "super high" is that it was produced by clark kent, a nyc producer. He said he made the beat specifically for rick ross because he thought he would sound perfect on it. I personally would of loved to hear a nas, jay, fab, ect. On that beat. That beat, much like lots of rick ross beats are not what are typically considered "southern beats"
  • StillDreaming
    StillDreaming Members Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    I disagree with what every body is saying. Im from the south and I miss that old east coast hip hop sound. That rugged underground grimey 🤬 . Preemo, Havoc, Alchemist, Rza, and even old Swizz Beats made that sound signature to east coast. Ross is a good artist but that sound specifically fits him and other artist like him. He does that grown and sexy 🤬 to fit his rap persona of being that mafioso boss. Just my opinion anyway. Then again, this is a completely different era of music and people arent really into spitting 🤬 lyrics. Its mainly dumbed down lyrics with hot beats.

    It fits Ross now because we really haven't heard alot of rappers on this level of production. That grimey NY sound still has it's place but if the eastcoast is gonna keep up the beats are gonna have to be updated.
  • Yung_Souf_Money
    Yung_Souf_Money Members Posts: 4,019 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Rick Ross do go hard,and his production team give him the best beats

    50 cent stay losing,cant stop rick ross no matter what u do
  • georgia boi
    georgia boi Members Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    I agree with this thread. Nas and AZ would've sounded great on "Magnificent." It would be dope if J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League helmed a Nas album much like the Trackmasters did for IWW. The Inkredibles would be a dope fit for Nas also just listen to the Nas track produced by them on Khaled's album or "Usual Suspects" from Ross's last album. J.R. Rotem and Toomp (even though he's already worked with both Nas and Jay) are also good looks.
  • tbaker87
    tbaker87 Members Posts: 53
    edited April 2010
    The samples are fine with me as long as they have never been used before. I do agree on the live instruments tho it just gives the production a more grown up sound.

    The sample specifically is holding many hip hop albums back. In this day in age, clearing samples for albums is becoming harder and harder. Consequently, some of the best songs end up being left off because of clearance issues. More and more cat's need to be able to compose to the level of the samples.
  • Yung_Souf_Money
    Yung_Souf_Money Members Posts: 4,019 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    that magnificent beat did sound like a eastcoast beat...all of rick ross songs sound tight...i dont know why he doesnt put 🤬 from the east on a few tracks even though the east hating on the south
  • StillDreaming
    StillDreaming Members Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    tbaker87 wrote: »
    The sample specifically is holding many hip hop albums back. In this day in age, clearing samples for albums is becoming harder and harder. Consequently, some of the best songs end up being left off because of clearance issues. More and more cat's need to be able to compose to the level of the samples.

    Good point cant disagree with you there
  • Daniel Dumile
    Daniel Dumile Members Posts: 55
    edited April 2010
  • StillDreaming
    StillDreaming Members Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    that magnificent beat did sound like a eastcoast beat...all of rick ross songs sound tight...i dont know why he doesnt put 🤬 from the east on a few tracks even though the east hating on the south

    Because then they would have to admit defeat......and we all know how hard it is for eastcoast 🤬 to do that
  • screwedupclick
    screwedupclick Members Posts: 25
    edited April 2010
    Jadakiss would fit perfect

    /nohomoendthreadplz
  • Yung_Souf_Money
    Yung_Souf_Money Members Posts: 4,019 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Because then they would have to admit defeat......and we all know how hard it is for eastcoast 🤬 to do that

    damn you got me there
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    CO sign them 🤬 is nice, kiss , esco raekwon would sound great on any of those tracks
  • j-boogie the cancer
    j-boogie the cancer Members Posts: 552 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    It's not even just Rosses production team, there are more producers who use that soul sound in there production.Ghost has great production, so does Jay and a couple of others. But they is just stuck on that Boom Bap 🤬 from the mid 90's and for what ever reason they won't move on. Til they do the South will continue to rule the industry.