What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

Who remembers how emotional the south got when Nas said HHID?

Comments

• 704Hustla
    704Hustla Members Posts: 838 ✭✭✭
    nas became a joke after that 🤬 statement because no one in they right mind would claim any nas album post 2003 to be good..HAHAHA!!!!
  • just.might.b.ok
    just.might.b.ok Members Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    just look at this thread, most of them kids are still angry.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Black Identified Extremist Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    704Hustla wrote: »
    nas became a joke after that 🤬 statement because no one in they right mind would claim any nas album post 2003 to be good..HAHAHA!!!!

Hip Hop is dead
    http://www.metacritic.com/music/hip-hop-is-dead/nas

Untitled
    http://www.metacritic.com/music/untitled/nas

Life is Good
    http://www.metacritic.com/music/life-is-good/nas
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Queer LGBT CommunityMembers Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's worse then a few rappers catching feelings over Nas's album title?

Rappers from NY who bite the souths style

what about southerners copying NY's style?
  • water ur seeds
    water ur seeds Members Posts: 17,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    didnt nas bust his gun at a barber shop? belly style...
  • water ur seeds
    everyone contributed to the downfall of hip hop, downloaders, bandwaggon hoppers, the media, gossip websites, hip hop website, social media websites, payola, lack of education...

as hip hop got 🤬 with less skilled mcs, and more commerical too the outside world, rappers had lesser caliber mc's to look up to, so the standard got worse... often your only as good as the person/teacher you look up to...

even people who originally went the indie route, legends like jay z, death row and rap-a-lot, master p etc because they made everyone think they can become rappers on, that and myspace, so now everyone raps and diluted real mc's...

im fed up with everyone thinking they are rappers...
  • water ur seeds
    GeE-757 wrote: »

lol would like to of seen how jeezy and monie love where after that radio interview
  • mdot
    mdot Members Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was so sad how Jeezy caught feelings I haven't heard that in a few years. Good thing he smartened up and put Nas on his album.
  • GeE-757
    GeE-757 Members Posts: 6,441
    DA H8R SPIRIT CAME OUTTA YUNG DA WAY JEEZY WAS GOIN OFF I THINK IF NAS WAS N DA ROOM BLOWZ WOULDVE BEEN THROWN! LOL...
  • PK_TK_187
    PK_TK_187 Members Posts: 2,240
    when i heard the album title i instantly thought wack
    I stillfeel the same way this day cuz dude didnt put no names on all the Laffy Taffy ass rappers
    dude should have went at at ATL throat
  • Stomp Johnson
    Stomp Johnson Trashposting Til Infinity Members, Writer Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hip Hop ain't dead. You 🤬 that would agree are just waiting on radio and video programming directors to grow a conscience and stop accepting payments for spins in collusion with these record labels and forsaking good music in the process.

Newsflash, that 🤬 ain't EVER happening.
    That Grinch-grows-a-heart 🤬 only happens in Christmas specials. If anything it's the regionalism that persists and permeates throughout the culture that can and will 🤬 the culture...

...that and wack ass threads like this, that are always pointing out how different we are in different parts of the country.

Sadly these threads can also be used for healthy debate, to illustrate how much we actually have in COMMON, but it seldom happens. Real hip hop fans just wanna hear some DOPE ass lyrics over a FIRE ass track. I happen to give zero 🤬 about where who made the music is from.

You wanna save hip hop? How bout educating yourself first. A litte digging will reveal that dope music is still all around. And after educating yourself, SPREAD THE KNOWLEDGE!

BLOG IT, PODCAST IT, WRITE ABOUT AND THEN ENCOURAGE OTHERS TO DO THE SAME.

Stop waiting for some white man to tell yo 🤬 what's hot.

That said, as long as PHONTE, BIG REMO, and 9TH WONDER is still cookin up classics in NC then that "South is Wack" rhetoric is just 🤬 .

Never heard of em? Well maybe you should start the education process now.
  • Nile Gambino
    Nile Gambino Members Posts: 934 ✭✭✭
    the only rappers who caught feelings from nas were the wack MC's from ATL. Trill texas mc's didn't get mad over it.
  • Gen. Stasia
    Gen. Stasia Members Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too many feelings in this Thread.

And Hip Hop (Which is the culture) is dying if not dead. Don't believe it? What's the last major trend in Hip Hop culture not the music that influenced the nation? Snap backs and tattoos? Lol

Music is doing fine tho creatively speaking. You just have to find what u like.
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 NJMembers Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes they were mad
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    50cent killed newyork rap when the world thought so this what ny 🤬 akt like? ..it was over for them....my culture is black American 🤬 hiphop is just a small part .......as for jigga stans not ova here buddy maybe scarface trick daddy babies thats it...a kracker probably made this thread
  • blackgod813
    JYo79 wrote: »
    Hiphop died once Suge, J Prince, and Irv couldn't pull off that black own distribution deal

Now thats hiphop black men coming together saying 🤬 a 🤬 we gonna 🤬 ourselves an not share any revenue with the swine
  • jono
    jono Right fist = power, left fist = unity Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    50 cent tried to sound Southern lol

Foreal though, South caught feelings for no reason. In fact the South stay with a chip on their collective shoulders since A3K's iconic "The South got somethin to say" comment.

Truth is wack 🤬 gets clowned, regardless of who makes it. When Laffy Taffy was out, 🤬 clowned it....HARD. When Chicken Noodle Soup came out, 🤬 clowned it....HARD. That's two different regions. Wack is wack.
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Entertainment/Pop Culture/Media Analyst New York CityMembers Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When asked why he thought Hip Hop had died, NaS responded with "It died with Pac and Big, it left with them". The South's defensiveness about NaS statement had to be one of the funniest 🤬 's ever. Jezzy meltdown on radio. Luda's whole "Hip Hop ain't dead, it lives in the South". Because of the Legend NaS is, the statement was huge. So fans said NaS only did it for publicity but he had nothing to gain by saying Rap was dead. That's how he made his money.

NaS was making a statement to fans like myself who were getting sick and tired of the state of the game. He was so right, here we are 6 years later. Look at rap now, how can anyone not see it's either Dead or on Life Support. Rap is pathetic. SMH @ The South. I got family and I will always love the south but no region produced more weak rappers. All those 1 one wonders are no where to be found now. NaS will forever be my hero for having the 🤬 to say Rap SUCKS and put it on his album cover. Classic 🤬 . I just wish "Hip Hop Is Dead" was a stronger album. It had some dope tracks on it but the production on some tracks weren't good.
  • blackgod813
    Listen the average southern male black male puts on trick daddy America with dead prez on stand by......in other words the average southern male didn't know this was said ..just don't bring 50bak.....shout out to Jim Jones tho.
  • ImTheKangRoundHere
    ImTheKangRoundHere Members Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    hiphop aint dead,thats a damn FACT!
  • illedout
    illedout Members Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still play hiphop is dead..

1. "Money Over 🤬 " L.E.S., Wyldfyer
    2. "You Can't 🤬 Me" L.E.S., Al West
    3. "Carry on Tradition" Scott Storch
    4. "Where Are They Now" Nas, Salaam Remi
    5. "Hip Hop Is Dead" (featuring will.i.am) will.i.am
    6. "Who Killed It?" Salaam Remi, will.i.am
    7. "Black Republican" (featuring Jay-Z) L.E.S., Wyldfyer
    8. "Not Going Back" (featuring Kelis) Stargate
    9. "Still Dreaming" (featuring Kanye West & Chrisette Michele) Kanye West
    10. "Hold Down the Block" Mark Batson
    11. "Blunt Ashes" Chris Webber
    12. "Let There Be Light" (featuring Tre Williams) Kanye West, Devo Springsteen*, Paul Cho*
    13. "Play on Playa" (featuring Snoop Dogg) Scott Storch
    14. "Can't Forget About You" (featuring Chrisette Michele) will.i.am
    15. "Hustlers" (featuring The Game & Marsha Ambrosius) Dr. Dre
    16. "Hope" (featuring Chrisette Michele)

14/16 aint bad...
    this was a good album..
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Entertainment/Pop Culture/Media Analyst New York CityMembers Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    illedout wrote: »
    I still play hiphop is dead..

1. "Money Over 🤬 " L.E.S., Wyldfyer
    2. "You Can't 🤬 Me" L.E.S., Al West
    3. "Carry on Tradition" Scott Storch
    4. "Where Are They Now" Nas, Salaam Remi
    5. "Hip Hop Is Dead" (featuring will.i.am) will.i.am
    6. "Who Killed It?" Salaam Remi, will.i.am
    7. "Black Republican" (featuring Jay-Z) L.E.S., Wyldfyer
    8. "Not Going Back" (featuring Kelis) Stargate
    9. "Still Dreaming" (featuring Kanye West & Chrisette Michele) Kanye West
    10. "Hold Down the Block" Mark Batson
    11. "Blunt Ashes" Chris Webber
    12. "Let There Be Light" (featuring Tre Williams) Kanye West, Devo Springsteen*, Paul Cho*
    13. "Play on Playa" (featuring Snoop Dogg) Scott Storch
    14. "Can't Forget About You" (featuring Chrisette Michele) will.i.am
    15. "Hustlers" (featuring The Game & Marsha Ambrosius) Dr. Dre
    16. "Hope" (featuring Chrisette Michele)

14/16 aint bad...
    this was a good album..

It's a good album, 14 out of 16? I don't know that would mean it's damn near Classic. It's about 4 MICS.
  • illedout
    Hiphop died once Suge, J Prince, and Irv couldn't pull off that black own distribution deal
    slept on post,,
  • illedout
    @rapmastermind
    I bolded the 14 songs I like on the album..
    I think it is damn near classic..