What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

The Almighty Unpopular Opinion Thread. Volume 17

Comments

• IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor The Spectacular Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Documentary is Game's only good album
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ ablackweb.com Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    How did LL sell out? He changed the game in 1985, 10 years later and was still droppin classic albums. He´s one of the few artist who has represented hip hop they way it should be. He´s going on 30 years in the game , 30 years my 🤬 . smh
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Jamaica

King came out in 06, but I thought Paper Trail was alright.. I did purchase it when it came out btw..
    LAX was average.. I only rock with like 4-5 songs off that album..
    Cosign Q-Tip..
    Elephant in the Room was underwhelming.. but My Conscience, 300, That White and I Won't Tell is my 🤬 ..
  • DMTxTHC
    And speaking of Theater of the Mind, I thought I Do It For Hip-Hop wasn't all that..
  • vslyke
    vslyke Members Posts: 661 ✭✭✭✭
    How did LL sell out? He changed the game in 1985, 10 years later and was still droppin classic albums. He´s one of the few artist who has represented hip hop they way it should be. He´s going on 30 years in the game , 30 years my 🤬 . smh

Really? You think 🤬 Mr. Smith is a classic? The I Shot Ya Remix is a classic, but that and I Shot Ya are the only good tracks on there... Like 20% of his albums are dope. I can divide.
  • _Goldie_
    vslyke wrote: »

Really? You think 🤬 Mr. Smith is a classic? The I Shot Ya Remix is a classic, but that and I Shot Ya are the only good tracks on there... Like 20% of his albums are dope. I can divide.

I shot ya is the only good song on mr smith?

[img][/img]30123181-disapoint-reaction.gif
  • DMTxTHC

You don't 🤬 with Doin It? or Hey Lover? or Loungin?..
  • vslyke

Hey Lover's alright, nothing great. Loungin and Doin It are both softer than brand name toilet paper. But I don't rock with talented rappers dumbin down their flow over adult contemporary beats.
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Your favorite basketball-american gentleman Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    T.I. is the jester of the south.
  • King Lee
    King Lee The Danger ZoneMembers, Writer Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012

Didn't he drop an album called 14 shots to dome that had a west coast theme? lol
  • vslyke
    And speaking of Theater of the Mind, I thought I Do It For Hip-Hop wasn't all that..

I do agree with this... it was a good track but with that lineup we expected (and deserved) more.
  • vslyke
    King Lee wrote: »
    King Lee wrote: »

Didn't he drop an album called 14 shots to dome that had a west coast theme? lol

Yup. Followed up his last great album (Mama Said Knock You Out) with that album. It was aight, better than Mr. Smith and Phenomenon which was 🤬 TERRIBLE. If I ever see Cool J, I'm demanding a refund for those 2.
  • _Goldie_

Those go without saying, this 🤬 mustve never heard the album or trolling

• Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Vox Populi Members Posts: 22,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rappers that try to "bring that 90s feel back" are the rap equivalent of Hollywood regurgitating remakes of classic movies instead of making new classics.

Half these 🤬 on the internet lie about what music they like in order to fit in with "hip-hop heads"

Conscious rappers appeal to suburban teens and adults over 21 for the most part. They need to stop begging to be the voicebox for the ghetto youth and make music for their real demographic.
  • vslyke

Those go without saying, this 🤬 mustve never heard the album or trolling

They 🤬 up by putting the censored version of No Airplay on the album. Hollis to Hollywood has a bland as hell beat, but at least the verses are alright.
  • andre_1024
    andre_1024 Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kid Cudi has the best debut abd sophomore albums since F&L and the Cool
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    _Menace_ wrote: »
    so hitting the feelings tommy?

lol why cant you discuss hip hop without getting mad?

You're in an unpopular opinion thread complaining about my opinions,you obviously don't understand the concept of the thread clown

The only person who caught feelins is you shut da fucc up & stop cryin about what I post
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ R.I.P KOBE Bay Area Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    🤬 yo post...🤬 🤬
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    ^Lmao this lil boy mad as fucc
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ R.I.P KOBE Bay Area Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm good you're the one clicking the feeling button
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 NJMembers Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kendrick Lamar and Lupe Fiasco are overrated nerds who makes corny terrible music.
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Only Christopher I acknowledge is Wallace At the 36th chamberMembers Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    control system>>>section 80
    tical 2000>>>tical
  • DMTxTHC
    GZA boring as 🤬 ..

Rebel INS >>> Eminem..

"I'll Take Her" by Ill Al Skratch is better than any Em single..

Hell on Earth is the best Rap album of 1996..

Jay Electronica is gonna release his debut in 2013..
  • andre_1024
    andre_1024 Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    Kendrick Lamar and Lupe Fiasco are overrated nerds who makes corny terrible music.

To say they are overrated is one thing, but to say they make terrible music is another..but this is the unpopular opinion thread so to each his own..
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Absence makes the heart grow fonder of someone else Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    17 should be legal.