What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

The Official Los Angeles Lakers 2012-2013 Season

Comments

• toheeb27toheeb27 Members Posts: 10,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least Kobe is behaving himself tonight....
  • iron man1iron man1 Genius, Billionaire, Playboy, Philanthropist Avengers TowerMembers Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    they playing with energy and hustle
    Tale of 2 halves.......... Kobe takes 7 shots in the 1st half and 15 in the 2nd half..... Guess which half we won??????
  • playmaker88playmaker88 Boy, I tell you that's vision Like Tony Romo when he hitting Witten Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    toheeb27 wrote: »
    Tale of 2 halves.......... Kobe takes 7 shots in the 1st half and 15 in the 2nd half..... Guess which half we won??????

lets cap him @ 14 sounds logical

Bro, if u watched the same game i just watched, u cant argue against the fact that in the first half, we pretty much played the Antoni system and in the 2nd half, we played the Kobe system. To be fair, it was the mild version of the Kobe system where he made a few passes here and there, but we have no chance to be competitive if our offense is Kobe dribbling the life out of the ball. The Antoni system needs the ball to move and shots to be fired, not 4 players watching Kobe and hoping this is the 1-5 chance that he would pass the ball.

And don't get me started on his defense, they were even making fun of him on NBA TV fan night. Show a play where dude basically fell asleep.
  • ocelotocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    *Spurs fan from Cali that has watched the Lakers his whole life*

The game is passing the Lakers by. Times have changed and you need an athletic PG/6th man to keep up. And if you don't have that you need to have a core group who has chemistry and been together for a long time(San Antonio/Boston). The problem is Kobe was never really a leader. He needed a D. Fish to get in a 🤬 face or a Phil to calm the storm.The 2010 team that lost to Dallas should've never blew up the team. They should've just made some adjustments like added a Raymond Felton or Aaron Brooks and supe the bench up with a Ryan Anderson and Deshawn Stevenson type players and they would've been fine. Have Brian Shaw to coach and they would be back in the Finals. The Lakers have no identity and no chemistry so its going to take a season for everyone to come together. Miami were the same but they were playing in the East where you can play 🤬 and still win games while learning each other. The Lakers doesn't have that luxury. They play in the West where almost every team is great. Kobe needs a Chris Paul who knows how to lead and is a great player. Chris would help him not focus on things that is difficult for him to do ...which is lead. And he would help him get his stats up while winning. Nash, D White, Metta, Gasoft, and Pringles are not the leaders that Kobe will respect. And the Lakers have no bench. A full Kobe lead team is a 6th seed at best. Bean should just focus on padding his stats this season and go for the 6th next season if everyone is there next season.

mamba out,

Ocelot
  • northside7northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013

Bro, if u watched the same game i just watched, u cant argue against the fact that in the first half, we pretty much played the Antoni system and in the 2nd half, we played the Kobe system. To be fair, it was the mild version of the Kobe system where he made a few passes here and there, but we have no chance to be competitive if our offense is Kobe dribbling the life out of the ball. The Antoni system needs the ball to move and shots to be fired, not 4 players watching Kobe and hoping this is the 1-5 chance that he would pass the ball.

And don't get me started on his defense, they were even making fun of him on NBA TV fan night. Show a play where dude basically fell asleep.

The entire team be sleeping on defense, and yes that includes Kobe. Not surprised the team is 26th in points allowed or by all these 100+ point games we allow. Kobe should stay within the 12-16 shots a game range but that's unlikely to happen especially if his teammates are missing shots or the Lakers are in a deficit.
  • Tommy bilfigerTommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who woulda knew Suicide watch would be For YOU 🤬
  • P swayze166P swayze166 Members Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tale of 2 halfs
  • Knock_TwiceKnock_Twice Getting it out the mud Members Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    🤬 was horrible last night I was like mayne just keep the scrubs in...well the 2nd half was bad...

did anyone see the play when Kobe had his hands on his knees and Delfino went off 2 staggered screens and lost Kobe and shot a 3 pointer lol...🤬 was digusting...I think Greg Anthony pointed it out on a break...

That nga Kobe has issue on the defensive side...

The whole team needs to work on defense to be completely honest..🤬 was pitiful last night
  • Knock_TwiceKnock_Twice Getting it out the mud Members Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it me or when Nash brings down the ball Kobe is always trailing the play...I mean why is dude never in the corner ..he was one time and he did a back-door and Nash hit him with a nice pass and he got a layup and I'm like dude go to your spots and move without the ball...not move "towards" the ball..move towards the basket without the ball and you can get easy buckets...smh...that 🤬 was sad when he was jacking up 3's outta the offense..

smh..
  • MC The RapperMC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who woulda knew Suicide watch would be For YOU 🤬

*Raises Hand*
  • aneed123aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it me or when Nash brings down the ball Kobe is always trailing the play...I mean why is dude never in the corner ..he was one time and he did a back-door and Nash hit him with a nice pass and he got a layup and I'm like dude go to your spots and move without the ball...not move "towards" the ball..move towards the basket without the ball and you can get easy buckets...smh...that 🤬 was sad when he was jacking up 3's outta the offense..

smh..

smh..

cuz he wanted the ball....Once Nash give it up he never sees tha ball again cuz Kobe jackin....
  • playmaker88playmaker88 Boy, I tell you that's vision Like Tony Romo when he hitting Witten Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    great effort tonight shout out to earl clark for a great game.... sacre :-q has to make those spoonfed baskets even though he was mauled a few time artest played very well ... should have seen my face on some of his moves ... :-O... [-O< ... ^:)^
  • ocelotocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Spurs eased up but we got the dubb.
  • saracenwiresaracenwire Members Posts: 523 ✭✭✭✭
    The Lakers were 15-20 in 2002-2003 and still won 50 games. So i guess it can be done, but they've dug themselves and incredible hole.
  • SeansosaSeansosa Members Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭✭
    lakers are getting what they deserve! 🤬 them i hope they dont make the P/O's

GO THUNDER
  • Young_ChitlinYoung_Chitlin YCN Chief/FCC Member/#RedVelvetSquad Member/IC Task Force General ASUville, PhoenixMembers Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Bolts aren't winning the title this year, that I'm sure of.
    The Lakers were 15-20 in 2002-2003 and still won 50 games. So i guess it can be done, but they've dug themselves and incredible hole.

Yeah. Like I said, they need winning streaks. Losing a game here and there is alright but 3 and 4 and 5 game losing streaks wont help. This is the part of the season where teams gotta grind it out. If healthy and maybe with a trade or two, the Lakers could do it.
    Earl Clark getting the start tonight good move
  • newOldSchoolnewOldSchool Members Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭
    no hope until we get some quality leadership.
  • Breezy_KilroyBreezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SMH at Dantoni. He doesn't know who he wants to put in. Nothing against Earl but he could've been effective off the bench a long time ago. The bench is actually solid if he would just utilize everybody. Idk why he thinks playing the starters 40+ minutes is going to get them anywhere.
    Jim Buss: Lakers are 'very solid'
    LOS ANGELES -- Very little has gone according to plan for the Los Angeles Lakers this season. So little, in fact, that executive vice president Jim Buss said Thursday it would be foolish to "blow it up" until the team has played enough games together to correctly identify why it has so badly underachieved.

"We still like this team a lot," Buss said Thursday in an interview with ESPNLA 710 radio in Los Angeles. "How can you not believe in this team? This team is built to win. It's a very, very solid team. We haven't seen them all together and play together for games. In my mind, we would not consider a temporary fix or blow it up. Why blow up something we have a future with?

"It's very difficult to talk this way because we're five games under or six games under .500, and we've dug ourselves a hole. But at the same time, I feel that if we put it together, we can string seven or eight games in a row and dig ourselves out of this hole. If we play with the energy we've seen in the last two games, then I think you go into the playoffs with momentum."

Buss was referring, of course, to the Lakers' injury woes this season. Steve Nash missed seven weeks with a broken bone in his leg. Dwight Howard has struggled in his recovery from back surgery and is now out indefinitely with a torn labrum in his right shoulder. Pau Gasol has missed time with assorted leg injuries and is now out with a concussion. Backup point guard Steve Blake has missed all but the first five games with an abdominal injury.

Still, bad luck hasn't been the whole story of the Lakers' season. The team fired coach Mike Brown five games into the season and chose Mike D'Antoni to replace him when former coach and 11-time NBA champion Phil Jackson was available and interested in the job.

General manager Mitch Kupchak has previously said the Lakers chose D'Antoni because they felt his system would apply to this roster better than Jackson's Triangle offense. Buss concurred and said he, Kupchak and his father, owner Dr. Jerry Buss, still feel that way.

"We thought Steve Nash was our future point guard for the next three years and we needed a coach we felt would fit with him," Buss said. "That was one of the main issues where we thought that D'Antoni was better than Phil. Well, not better, nobody's better than Phil, but we felt that he fit the team the way we wanted to work it.

"I like D'Antoni a lot. I still believe in him 100 percent. I have no questions about him. We just have to have this team work together and play together. We just don't have enough information to analyze anything. It's just not enough data to put your finger on a problem."

Injuries and everything else aside, what if this team and its $99.2 million payroll don't make the playoffs?

"We stuck our neck out with this payroll because Kobe (Bryant) is in the twilight of his career and we want to win championships," Buss said. "Now, am I upset that we might not make the playoffs? Of course. I'd be upset if I had a $10 payroll or a $200 million payroll. I want to make the playoffs and I want to win championships. But to panic? No, we're not going to panic."

The Lakers could face a difficult situation in convincing Howard to re-sign with them when he becomes an unrestricted free agent July 1. The Lakers can offer more years and more money than any other team because of the way the NBA's new collective bargaining agreement is structured, but would Howard want to stick around after a season that's gone so poorly?

"If we make the playoffs, that means we're playing well and I think we'll go deep in the playoffs and it's a no-brainer that he stays," Buss said. "I think if it continues to fall apart because of injuries, I'm hoping we can convince him, 'Look, everybody was injured, you weren't 100 percent for the whole year, let's give it another shot next year.'

"It points to 95 percent that we'll be able to keep him. I can't control what he does, but I can sure make a great argument."

As for Gasol, who is averaging a career-low 12.6 points a game and has struggled each of the past two seasons to find his place in the Lakers' offense, Buss said he expects the 7-foot Spaniard not only to revert to his previous form, but to play more in the low post, as both Gasol and Bryant have advocated.

"I love Pau Gasol," Buss said. "The thing is, if you shoot the basketball from 6 feet, your percentages are going to be in the high 50s. If you shoot from 18 feet, you're lucky to get 40 percent. To base his year off of his shooting percentages is just not the right way to analyze how he's playing.

"I believe if we can get him down low, he can coexist with Dwight Howard if they play enough games to where they can play off each other. I believe eventually he will move down there and D'Antoni will move him down there and his percentage will go back right to where it was."

Jackson chimed in on the club's distress, telling The Los Angeles Times in an email Thursday that "I still believe the Lakers can make the playoffs. They might have to have a 'come to Jesus' moment to get their defense in order, but they have the talent."

Straight from the horse's mouth.
  • Reggie80Reggie80 Members Posts: 2,402 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Earl Clark getting the start tonight good move

That's what it's come too Earl Clark yaw 🤬 in trouble.But anyway Dantoni got a habit of doing that Lin was just rotting on the bench while this 🤬 had Shumpert running the point.
    Hill is done for the season. Like a ton of bricks.
This discussion has been closed.