What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

Hip-Hop Rumors: Jay-Z’s Working On New Solo Album

Comments

• Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't care what Jayz raps about. I rather he go away altogether. It's not like he's adding anything of substance to the genre.
  • WiseGuyy
    WiseGuyy Members Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alot of Yall 🤬 Trippin, Jay is gonna make His Own Music, Either you like it or you dont.
    Lab Baby wrote: »
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    So what should Jay-z rap about?

This is a serious question, what topics has he not touched on that ya'll would like. Everyone is saying rap about something else, but ya'll aren't being specific.

Waits for it!

The dude is married... and has not once made a reference to it, other than to boast that he's 🤬 the hottest chick in the game. Not saying he should give us detail of his everyday married life, but emotions of love and happiness people can relate to. I mean, he's felt love before, right? Is that fair? Or is that too soft of a subject for a rap album? BTW, Ghost made a whole album of love songs... not an impossible feat.

When has Jay or Beyonce ever delved into their relationship though on a deep level. They've said their relationship and private lives is the only thing they can hold on to being celebrities, why would they give that up to satisfy some nosy ass mfs. lol

Jay has spoken on his relationship before, he may not have been specific with it referencing Beyonce but he has.The second verse on Lost Ones is about Beyonce, songs like You must love, Lucky Me, New Day, Beach Chair, etc speak about his personal life on a smaller level.

I just think dude is a private person, him being so private is a huge part of why he is so relevant and never fell off commercially imo. He has a mystique about him.

Again, it don't gotta be in detail, but at least provide a perspective on it. It could be like AG, but a fictional love story where a 🤬 meets someone that makes him quit the game, or some 🤬 . And mystique does not equate to relevancy. Em is basically an open book, but is still one of the biggest stars in the world. Not sayin Jay gotta be the same, but he's got a lot more on his palette than he gives himself credit for.

Like i said a few post up, ya'll are asking Jay to be something he is not. Ya'll hold him to this rediculous standards and don't put the same standards to other people, which is something i notice with artist like Nas, Mos, Common,etc. What if people were to demand those dudes make bangers, club records,etc and step outside their box.

So he's NOT married? He's NOT in love? Beyonce is just arm candy? Or is it that he can't make that type of album, cuz I highly doubt it's the latter. And it's not about being something you're not, it's about dwelling more into who you actually are. If Jay really is a shallow money hungry misogynist wanna be Jew, more power to him. But to say that is disrespectful to him and to hip hop period.

And about the club banger thing, Nas made You Owe Me, Oochie Wally (both joints were hot, 🤬 a hater), Mos made Ms Fat 🤬 , Com made UMC, and Talib got a bunch of party joints. They don't make traditional club bangers like a French Montana, but they do have fun on some songs. We're not talking about switching up sounds and making obligatory records here... we're talking about subject matter. We don't criticize Nas and them like Jay because they at least try different things. And we're talking about a top 5 MC here... what is so hard for Jay to make that kind of album?

How 🤬 long ago was the Bolded?? If we going that far back then of course Jay Went into different subject matter too. How many albums has Nas has since then without a real Banger? ITS NOT HIS STYLE! Nobody expects him to make songs like that. They buy his 🤬 for what it is and what they expect. Listening to Jay ima expect Dope ass Verses and Hooks. Thats why ima buy his 🤬 . Jay is one of the most entertaining rappers in the Game Imo and thats why he's Nice. He can go in the booth and have fun just rippin a track. Let Homie live.
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Smartass Snatch Money ave.Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    May nas kanye cudi em and kendrick be on it
  • FlightKing
    FlightKing Members Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jay-Z will never be grimey again. He makes too much money to be grimey. The last 🤬 I'm gonna listen to about how a 🤬 raps will be a producer - ie. The-Dream, for example.

Kanye West doesn't like Suit & Tie because that's a corporate record, not a creative record. Jay-Z is a business, man...not a businessman...and business keeps Jay-Z relevant. And Kanye.

Besides, 🤬 don't talk about Mos Def, Common and Little Brother cause they barely 🤬 rap anyway. Mos Def's last "album" pretty much solidified the 🤬 he don't give about rapping. The Believer was trash (2 or 3 hot songs and THAT'S IT!) and Little Brother!?! You defending Jay too hard, bruh, talking about 🤬 that fell off too.

Jay-Z is different. He's international/pop now. Let it go, b.
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Up from da 36 chambers HarlemMembers Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    FlightKing wrote: »
    Jay-Z will never be grimey again. He makes too much money to be grimey. The last 🤬 I'm gonna listen to about how a 🤬 raps will be a producer - ie. The-Dream, for example.

Kanye West doesn't like Suit & Tie because that's a corporate record, not a creative record. Jay-Z is a business, man...not a businessman...and business keeps Jay-Z relevant. And Kanye.

Besides, 🤬 don't talk about Mos Def, Common and Little Brother cause they barely 🤬 rap anyway. Mos Def's last "album" pretty much solidified the 🤬 he don't give about rapping. The Believer was trash (2 or 3 hot songs and THAT'S IT!) and Little Brother!?! You defending Jay too hard, bruh, talking about 🤬 that fell off too.

i dont think 🤬 's in parris transforms jay into lady gaga thought you would need more than that even more that that bs on the bp3
  • FlightKing

i dont think 🤬 's in parris transforms jay into lady gaga thought you would need more than that even more that that bs on the bp3

I'm not talking about songs, per say. His demographic/genre aim is international/pop. My 🤬 gave Rick Ross a throwaway freestyle verse on 🤬 Forgives but running around with Timberlake and headlining Rock and Pop shows all over the world. I'm not hating, but these are facts. Jay-Z is not about rap music no more, unless it's a song for the Brooklyn Nets. He's trying to get in Kanye's lane.

But for the record, Stop (produced by Timbaland) & Ghetto Techno (when 🤬 thought rap was going to that Euro swag for real) were for Blueprint 3 (2009). They flopped and BP3 got pushed back for a year and a half or sum. Then Watch The Throne. Before that, American Gangster was a play on the getting shine ALONGSIDE the movie. Kingdom Come's features were Chrisette Michele, John Legend, Usher, Pharrell, Beyonce, Sterling Simms, Ne-Yo and Chris Martin.

Jay been trying to get that International/Pop money since Collision Course. Jay, 50 (Black Magic) and Puffy (🤬 Money 🤬 ) been trying to get all of that.
  • FyHunnit
    FyHunnit I'm Mad Members, Writer Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    Jay never dropped two sub-par albums in a row. This next one is finna be crazy.
  • FyHunnit
    FyHunnit I'm Mad Members, Writer Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ice_cold wrote: »
    May nas kanye cudi em and kendrick be on it

Jay could get any artist he wanted on this album.
    Sheeeeit.. He could easily bully Cole for one of his Kendrick cuts.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Chief Petty Officer of the Ill Community Naval Command HOOYAHMembers Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Believer was trash (2 or 3 hot songs and THAT'S IT!)

Somebody ban this 🤬
  • kuskklassic
    kuskklassic Members Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭✭
    wasnt this album suppose to be called MADE IN AMERICA ??

Kanye, Just Blaze, No ID, Timbo, Pharrel should be the ONLY producers. i would love to see him work with SKI BEATZ again tho.

No rap features

No Beyonce or Rihanna hooks
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He's never gonna stop lol
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Queer LGBT CommunityMembers Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭

Kanye, Just Blaze, No ID, Timbo, Pharrel should be the ONLY producers. i would love to see him work with SKI BEATZ again tho.

No rap features

source?
  • ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly... I would like a unfocused lyrical mixtape from dude... He's told his story... I want a rappity rap album now.
  • FlightKing
    The Believer was trash (2 or 3 hot songs and THAT'S IT!)

Somebody ban this 🤬

Good job, son.
    The 🤬 still trash.
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭

No rap features

I don't give a 🤬 what producers are on it as long as they bring heat. Kanye and No ID were all over BP3, but I feel like it might've been Jeff Bhasker's influence that took it to more of a techno feel. Both Timbo and Pharrell are kinda hit or miss with hip hop beats the last few years.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Queer LGBT CommunityMembers Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭

No rap features

I don't give a 🤬 what producers are on it as long as they bring heat. Kanye and No ID were all over BP3, but I feel like it might've been Jeff Bhasker's influence that took it to more of a techno feel. Both Timbo and Pharrell are kinda hit or miss with hip hop beats the last few years.

what? Jeff Bhasker only produced on Already Home, Run This Town, and then did keyboards on a lot of the other tracks
  • And_So_It_Burns
    And_So_It_Burns Members Posts: 921 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only on the IC, do 🤬 whine for 15 years why Jay-z don't kick khuffi raps. 🤬 in the real world don't even care for Nas, Talib, Dead Prez,etc kick those type of raps, what makes you think they want to hear Jay-z rap like that.

See you were doing good on your first few posts of this thread then you let your feelings for jay run wild. This is why I can't cosign most of the 🤬 you say.
  • Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rip.dilla wrote: »

This is a serious question, what topics has he not touched on that ya'll would like. Everyone is saying rap about something else, but ya'll aren't being specific.

Waits for it!

That is where the brilliance of artistery comes/sets in . .

You switch up your musical subject matter so you don't become stale . .

You say NaS is your No. 2. His last three albums have dealt with:

1. Race in America

2. Africa and Blacks in diaspora

3. His failed marraige and parenthood

In that order. So why can't Jigga do the same?

Jay-z is 17 years in his career and still at the forefront of rap, whether you agree or care for his music or not. Clearly his music isn't stale if he can consistently get 2 million people to buy his album, HE'S OBVIOUSLY DOING SOMETHING RIGHT TO KEEP PEOPLES ATTENTION.

Why is it so hard for you mfs to understand Nas is Nas and Jay is Jay. Them 🤬 aren't the same person and don't view or express their art the same way.

Wtf i was to say, why can't Nas make club banger? Why can't Nas spit dope boy raps? Wanna know why, he just isn't that type of artist.

Ya'll hold Jay to these stupid Nas standards (as if that's all there is to rap), but don't point out what Nas fails to do that Jay does well.

The reason why Jay and Nas are my 2 goats are they supply something the other doesn't. I don't buy a Nas album expecting club bangers or fly 🤬 , i expect some introspective and abstract 🤬 .

Nas and many other artists don't make club bangers like 2 Chainz because he too old and rather focus on his 🤬 fanbase. Most club based rappers don't sell 🤬 , anyway, or have long careers.

Waits for it!

The dude is married... and has not once made a reference to it, other than to boast that he's 🤬 the hottest chick in the game. Not saying he should give us detail of his everyday married life, but emotions of love and happiness people can relate to. I mean, he's felt love before, right? Is that fair? Or is that too soft of a subject for a rap album? BTW, Ghost made a whole album of love songs... not an impossible feat.

Cause the family man in the Hip Hop community is frowned upon. No one likes to hear an MC talk about beign a good father, they rather hear them in the club tricking on hoes and stunting on everyone else.
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor The Spectacular Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not talking about songs, per say. His demographic/genre aim is international/pop. My 🤬 gave Rick Ross a throwaway freestyle verse on 🤬 Forgives but running around with Timberlake and headlining Rock and Pop shows all over the world. I'm not hating, but these are facts. Jay-Z is not about rap music no more, unless it's a song for the Brooklyn Nets. He's trying to get in Kanye's lane.

But for the record, Stop (produced by Timbaland) & Ghetto Techno (when 🤬 thought rap was going to that Euro swag for real) were for Blueprint 3 (2009). They flopped and BP3 got pushed back for a year and a half or sum. Then Watch The Throne. Before that, American Gangster was a play on the getting shine ALONGSIDE the movie. Kingdom Come's features were Chrisette Michele, John Legend, Usher, Pharrell, Beyonce, Sterling Simms, Ne-Yo and Chris Martin.

Jay been trying to get that International/Pop money since Collision Course. Jay, 50 (Black Magic) and Puffy (🤬 Money 🤬 ) been trying to get all of that.

How did this 🤬 fly by without no one mentioning the inaccuracy of this statement?
  • FlightKing

How did this 🤬 fly by without no one mentioning the inaccuracy of this statement?

By all means, correct it.
    700 Praying 5 times a day to catch a plug Plap City, FLAMembers Posts: 14,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    that 🤬 gon be wack............bet
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    he needs to rap over Ross beats... just showcase his lyrical talent raw uncut no pop fuckshit.... he is gonna sale regardless cuz of his name.. get some soul in his music.... tell Kanye to give him some murder to excellence type production.... I aint tryin to hear no techno euro I got more money that u arrogant ass raps.... if u aint gonna have no soul they come with a lyrical exercise dear summer flow showcasing ur skill for a 14 track album.... that what real rap fans wanna hear anyway
  • And_So_It_Burns
    And_So_It_Burns Members Posts: 921 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want a black album or ag caliber album. If he's rapping like he did on WTT or BP3 I really don't want to hear it
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    what was wrong with his rappin on WTT? He had quotables bruh
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just want American Gangster production you know Marvin gaye, The Isley Brothers samples on it some smooth and luxurious tracks.