What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

If You Believe Lil Wayne Is The Greatest Of All Time...

124

Comments

  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    It's going to be interesting to see how Wayne's music holds up and how he ages in rap, because that ''young boy'' 🤬 he raps about and those stupid ass tats, skateboard gimmick ain't gonna be cool when he is in his late 30s and 40s. He's not gonna be able to hold on to those teenage fanbase, they'll grow old and outgrow his 🤬 imo.

    he doesn't really have it like he used to tho either. When i was a senior in high school (2007-08). 🤬 were bumping the empire mixtapes some c2 and waiting for the summer 08 release of C3. My lil bro a senior outchea and 🤬 not listening to wayne. They 🤬 with drake, asap, kendrick, 2 chainz is a huge favorite but not wayne that much. Many of my bros aged kids 🤬 with him in middle school when he was hot but they have already moved on to other artists being their fav rappers.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker PISTOL GRIP PUMP IN MY LAP AT ALL TIMES Working On My LowriderMembers, Moderators Posts: 45,690 Regulator
    Yo fo real, we need to turn this into a Weezy Appreciation thread!
    Niki Minaj wrote:

    http://www.newlilwayne.com/2009/06/nicki-minaj-interview-with-vibe-speaks-on-wayne-as-an-influence/

    Talk about the experience of being on Lil Wayne’s I Am Music tour. You’re still a relatively new artist and you get to see a superstar on stage sell out every night and have thousands of fans scream his name. That has to be eye-opening, right?

    That tour made something inside of me say, Oh my 🤬 , I want this! I know that I have this in me, and I want this! It was the best thing that ever happened to me. It made me really kick in into that next gear and say, I’m about to go hard or go home! I have one more chance to prove to the underground world and prove that I am who I say I am. And I did it. I did it with Beam Me Up Scotty. I put out music, it wasn’t just freestyles. It was music; it was talking about a lot of different things like you said. It was showing versatility and showing rap skill, and singing and all of that.

    What type of influence has Wayne had on your career?

    Wayne has always been my biggest influence. It’s weird because I sit down and talk to Wayne like he’s just a regular human being, and then I walk on stage with him and there’s 20,000 people screaming for him. I think it puts it into perspective for me like, Wait a minute, this is actually attainable. I could have this; I just need to focus and remember that my grind is just beginning. I always say that that’s what I learned from Wayne the most; he never stops grinding. It showed me, Yo, this dude is the truth, and I’m going to follow in his footsteps.

    If that happens, this thread gets deleted. Unless @icecoldstew wants it lol
  • just.might.b.ok
    just.might.b.ok Members Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you say Wayne can rap or have skillz, I can't take you seriously.
    agreed.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker PISTOL GRIP PUMP IN MY LAP AT ALL TIMES Working On My LowriderMembers, Moderators Posts: 45,690 Regulator
    If you say Wayne can't rap or don't have skillz, I can't take you seriously.

    You do realize picking cotton is the only 🤬 taking you seriously
  • D_Rap_Scholar
    D_Rap_Scholar Members Posts: 641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A$AP Rocky wrote:
    http://www.lilwaynehq.com/2012/11/asap-rocky-discusses-lil-wayne-how-he-has-changed-hip-hop/

    How do you feel about the culture of hip-hop changing? Lil Wayne is skateboarding now.

    That’s dope. I put Wayne in Jay-Z and Kanye’s bracket, in terms of success. Wayne is still fun. Are we forgetting that Wayne made everybody switch their flow up and start using the E’s and R’s, and “I’m ir-regul-ar, seg-ular”? Like, c’mon, are we forgetting that Wayne changed hip-hop, too? Are we forgetting that he made all these 🤬 want to have tattoos? Are we forgetting that? It wasn’t Wiz, it was Wayne. Wiz did it, too, but I’m just stating facts. This is a guy who 🤬 went from being the youngest underdog in his crew to saving his company, and saving his “Daddy.” I’m not a 🤬 Lil Wayne dickrider—I’m just speaking facts.

    That’s fair.

    People can say what they want about him with the way he dresses. I hate the way he dresses. I’m keeping it 100 with you. It’s very tacky at times. But that’s what he chooses to do. Get off his 🤬 ! If that’s what he chooses to wear, OK. At least he’s not wearing it ’cause he saw some other lame 🤬 wearing it. That’s when I don’t respect it. He’s doing him! Maybe it doesn’t work for you, but it works for him. So we need to get off his 🤬 and let that man be legendary.

  • Michael_Malice
    Michael_Malice #YM Members Posts: 17,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yo fo real, we need to turn this into a Weezy Appreciation thread!
    Niki Minaj wrote:

    http://www.newlilwayne.com/2009/06/nicki-minaj-interview-with-vibe-speaks-on-wayne-as-an-influence/

    Talk about the experience of being on Lil Wayne’s I Am Music tour. You’re still a relatively new artist and you get to see a superstar on stage sell out every night and have thousands of fans scream his name. That has to be eye-opening, right?

    That tour made something inside of me say, Oh my 🤬 , I want this! I know that I have this in me, and I want this! It was the best thing that ever happened to me. It made me really kick in into that next gear and say, I’m about to go hard or go home! I have one more chance to prove to the underground world and prove that I am who I say I am. And I did it. I did it with Beam Me Up Scotty. I put out music, it wasn’t just freestyles. It was music; it was talking about a lot of different things like you said. It was showing versatility and showing rap skill, and singing and all of that.

    What type of influence has Wayne had on your career?

    Wayne has always been my biggest influence. It’s weird because I sit down and talk to Wayne like he’s just a regular human being, and then I walk on stage with him and there’s 20,000 people screaming for him. I think it puts it into perspective for me like, Wait a minute, this is actually attainable. I could have this; I just need to focus and remember that my grind is just beginning. I always say that that’s what I learned from Wayne the most; he never stops grinding. It showed me, Yo, this dude is the truth, and I’m going to follow in his footsteps.

    If that happens, this thread gets deleted. Unless @icecoldstew wants it lol

    So Weezy can't get no love? If I make a Lil Wayne appreciation thread you saying you gonna delete it? But Lil B can have one. Wow. Tells me all I need to know.

  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    It's going to be interesting to see how Wayne's music holds up and how he ages in rap, because that ''young boy'' 🤬 he raps about and those stupid ass tats, skateboard gimmick ain't gonna be cool when he is in his late 30s and 40s. He's not gonna be able to hold on to those teenage fanbase, they'll grow old and outgrow his 🤬 imo.

    he doesn't really have it like he used to tho either. When i was a senior in high school (2007-08). 🤬 were bumping the empire mixtapes some c2 and waiting for the summer 08 release of C3. My lil bro a senior outchea and 🤬 not listening to wayne. They 🤬 with drake, asap, kendrick, 2 chainz is a huge favorite but not wayne that much. Many of my bros aged kids 🤬 with him in middle school when he was hot but they have already moved on to other artists being their fav rappers.

    Which makes me question Carter 4 sales ever more, i know for a damn fact people weren't checking for C4 like how they were C3 when Wayne was at his peak in popularity. No way you can't tell me they manipulated his sales.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker PISTOL GRIP PUMP IN MY LAP AT ALL TIMES Working On My LowriderMembers, Moderators Posts: 45,690 Regulator
    Yo fo real, we need to turn this into a Weezy Appreciation thread!
    Niki Minaj wrote:

    http://www.newlilwayne.com/2009/06/nicki-minaj-interview-with-vibe-speaks-on-wayne-as-an-influence/

    Talk about the experience of being on Lil Wayne’s I Am Music tour. You’re still a relatively new artist and you get to see a superstar on stage sell out every night and have thousands of fans scream his name. That has to be eye-opening, right?

    That tour made something inside of me say, Oh my 🤬 , I want this! I know that I have this in me, and I want this! It was the best thing that ever happened to me. It made me really kick in into that next gear and say, I’m about to go hard or go home! I have one more chance to prove to the underground world and prove that I am who I say I am. And I did it. I did it with Beam Me Up Scotty. I put out music, it wasn’t just freestyles. It was music; it was talking about a lot of different things like you said. It was showing versatility and showing rap skill, and singing and all of that.

    What type of influence has Wayne had on your career?

    Wayne has always been my biggest influence. It’s weird because I sit down and talk to Wayne like he’s just a regular human being, and then I walk on stage with him and there’s 20,000 people screaming for him. I think it puts it into perspective for me like, Wait a minute, this is actually attainable. I could have this; I just need to focus and remember that my grind is just beginning. I always say that that’s what I learned from Wayne the most; he never stops grinding. It showed me, Yo, this dude is the truth, and I’m going to follow in his footsteps.

    If that happens, this thread gets deleted. Unless @icecoldstew wants it lol

    So Weezy can't get no love? If I make a Lil Wayne appreciation thread you saying you gonna delete it? But Lil B can have one. Wow. Tells me all I need to know.

    Lil Wayne can have an appreciation thread, I don't give a 🤬 . But MY thread will not turn into one.
  • Michael_Malice
    Michael_Malice #YM Members Posts: 17,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yo fo real, we need to turn this into a Weezy Appreciation thread!
    Niki Minaj wrote:

    http://www.newlilwayne.com/2009/06/nicki-minaj-interview-with-vibe-speaks-on-wayne-as-an-influence/

    Talk about the experience of being on Lil Wayne’s I Am Music tour. You’re still a relatively new artist and you get to see a superstar on stage sell out every night and have thousands of fans scream his name. That has to be eye-opening, right?

    That tour made something inside of me say, Oh my 🤬 , I want this! I know that I have this in me, and I want this! It was the best thing that ever happened to me. It made me really kick in into that next gear and say, I’m about to go hard or go home! I have one more chance to prove to the underground world and prove that I am who I say I am. And I did it. I did it with Beam Me Up Scotty. I put out music, it wasn’t just freestyles. It was music; it was talking about a lot of different things like you said. It was showing versatility and showing rap skill, and singing and all of that.

    What type of influence has Wayne had on your career?

    Wayne has always been my biggest influence. It’s weird because I sit down and talk to Wayne like he’s just a regular human being, and then I walk on stage with him and there’s 20,000 people screaming for him. I think it puts it into perspective for me like, Wait a minute, this is actually attainable. I could have this; I just need to focus and remember that my grind is just beginning. I always say that that’s what I learned from Wayne the most; he never stops grinding. It showed me, Yo, this dude is the truth, and I’m going to follow in his footsteps.

    If that happens, this thread gets deleted. Unless @icecoldstew wants it lol

    So Weezy can't get no love? If I make a Lil Wayne appreciation thread you saying you gonna delete it? But Lil B can have one. Wow. Tells me all I need to know.

    Lil Wayne can have an appreciation thread, I don't give a 🤬 . But MY thread will not turn into one.

    Oh. Okay.
  • Michael_Malice
    Michael_Malice #YM Members Posts: 17,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alright I'm done. About to go and preorder another copy of #IANAHB2 Wayne the Best.

    ##YMCMB
  • Michael_Malice
    Michael_Malice #YM Members Posts: 17,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And another thing. Ask your favorite rapper who the best and Wayne will be mentioned. FACT. Okay bye.

    #YMCMB
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker PISTOL GRIP PUMP IN MY LAP AT ALL TIMES Working On My LowriderMembers, Moderators Posts: 45,690 Regulator
    And another thing. Ask your favorite rapper who the best and Wayne will be mentioned. FACT. Okay bye.

    #YMCMB

    Ice Cube will not say Lil Wayne
  • D_Rap_Scholar
    D_Rap_Scholar Members Posts: 641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And another thing. Ask your favorite rapper who the best and Wayne will be mentioned. FACT. Okay bye.

    #YMCMB

    Rick Ross, Meek Mill, T.I., Kendrick Lamar, Niki Minaj, JLo, even Barrack Obama have cited Wayne as their favorite or one of their favorite rappers...let's face it, the 🤬 has made his mark on pop culture. Now let him enjoy his fame

  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And another thing. Ask your favorite rapper who the best and Wayne will be mentioned. FACT. Okay bye.

    #YMCMB

    Rick Ross, Meek Mill, T.I., Kendrick Lamar, Niki Minaj, JLo, even Barrack Obama have cited Wayne as their favorite or one of their favorite rappers...let's face it, the 🤬 has made his mark on pop culture. Now let him enjoy his fame

    This isn't a wayne apprecate thread its about is wayne the greatest of all time and that answer is no he is not. And nobody in this thread can seem to prove that. There are points that he has an influence in the game that is above many. Nevertheless there isn't supporting facts to why he is the GOAT.
  • deshoun_alford
    deshoun_alford Members Posts: 149 ✭✭
    Jamaica wrote: »
    I wonder when "I'm not a human being II" is coming out..........

    I dont

  • D_Rap_Scholar
    D_Rap_Scholar Members Posts: 641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    And another thing. Ask your favorite rapper who the best and Wayne will be mentioned. FACT. Okay bye.

    #YMCMB

    Rick Ross, Meek Mill, T.I., Kendrick Lamar, Niki Minaj, JLo, even Barrack Obama have cited Wayne as their favorite or one of their favorite rappers...let's face it, the 🤬 has made his mark on pop culture. Now let him enjoy his fame

    This isn't a wayne apprecate thread its about is wayne the greatest of all time and that answer is no he is not. And nobody in this thread can seem to prove that. There are points that he has an influence in the game that is above many. Nevertheless there isn't supporting facts to why he is the GOAT.

    Nah, that's cool man. I wouldn't say Weezy is GOAT either, but once it's agreed that someone is indeed a legend, then I feel they have a legitimate claim to be ranked among the greatest. Most people outside the IC would not flip if they heard someone rank Weezy that high, because as far as this generation is concerned, he's done a lot to change the game. So I guess comes down to what your opinion is.....

    Good debate tho....hip hop will always need its gatekeepers, for real!
  • jayvon32
    jayvon32 Members Posts: 913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wayne work ethic is top notch and considering he has flooded the market with his style I can see how people think of him as the greatest, considering rap these days and ages tends to have ADD if you're not dropping a hit consistently. Lately his rhymes being falling off. pre-2007>>>>>>>current wayne
  • trilladelic
    trilladelic Members Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    he was better when he was a crip..
  • D_Rap_Scholar
    D_Rap_Scholar Members Posts: 641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    With another subpar album out, and what seems like disappointing first-week sales, I'm not sure where Wayne's career is heading at this point. It's beginning to look a lot like Nas circa 2000, Nastradramus era. 🤬 's really looking bad for the GOAT contender...
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wayne isn't the best of his generation.

    I take tip, ludacris, kanye over wayne.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I forgot about 50
  • Quantum Mechanik
    Quantum Mechanik Members Posts: 5
    lol ludacris question!

    __________________
    club beats
  • rooster_cogburn
    rooster_cogburn Members Posts: 794 ✭✭✭✭
    And another thing. Ask your favorite rapper who the best and Wayne will be mentioned. FACT. Okay bye.

    #YMCMB


    Dont think so...Em smashed homie on every track they been on together. Even Wayne in his prime couldnt 🤬 with present day Em.
  • The Recipe
    The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    There is no argument for GOAT. You can argue he was one of the best rappers of the 2000's. When you think of classic hip hop albums people say illmatic, ready to die, etc. They don't think first hand any of wayne's albums. He had some great albums but not bar none classics. Likewise his best material like mikey said was completely random 🤬 for the most part.

    You wouldn't consider The Carter III to be a classic?

    Carter 3 sold off hype if anything carters 1 and 2 have more classic material than C3. I still liked c3 but it wasn't on the level of the first 2.

    It also sold off of the strenght of Da Drought 3, leaked songs from The Carter 3 and other mixtapes and features he was doing he was, red hot leading up to the Carter 3 he would have probably done 5-10 Million before the bootleg era with that same momentum.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Recipe wrote: »
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    There is no argument for GOAT. You can argue he was one of the best rappers of the 2000's. When you think of classic hip hop albums people say illmatic, ready to die, etc. They don't think first hand any of wayne's albums. He had some great albums but not bar none classics. Likewise his best material like mikey said was completely random 🤬 for the most part.

    You wouldn't consider The Carter III to be a classic?

    Carter 3 sold off hype if anything carters 1 and 2 have more classic material than C3. I still liked c3 but it wasn't on the level of the first 2.

    It also sold off of the strenght of Da Drought 3, leaked songs from The Carter 3 and other mixtapes and features he was doing he was, red hot leading up to the Carter 3 he would have probably done 5-10 Million before the bootleg era with that same momentum.

    with that same momentum possibly that could happen. However i think from a album quality and tracks that flow to make an album i also wonder how some of the leak tracks would have flowed to make an album. We will never fully know that but regardless some dope tracks got released.