What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

The Official 2013-2014 NBA Offseason Thread

Comments

• ghost!
    ghost! Not f8kin' around Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vader wrote: »
    Yea boston as a city can eat a 🤬

🤬 you! i 🤬 w boston all day!
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
    twizza 77 wrote: »
    icks86 wrote: »
    Chicago close to acquiring Lamarcus Aldridge for Deng and a 1st round draft pick from Charlotte!!!
    Source

Chicago sun times & bleacherreport!!!
  • P swayze166
    P swayze166 Members Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah Boston is done. No good free agent will ever sign with them. They bought a ship in 08, now those Florida marlins ass 🤬 go back to 🤬 hole of the nba and their "real fans" return..... U know the ones that chanted "MVP" for Kobe IN Boston.
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Behind MissKMembers Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ghost! wrote: »

Well u and tha city can eat a 🤬 ...nh
  • Vader_F_Kennedy

U still do graphic design?
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    The Celtics have 2 issues that will be tough to overcome

1. Who wants to play with rondo?: Allen left Doc left and KG and pierce had to manage his anger and ego while they were there. In the small NBA locker room setting big named players might not want to go to boston.

2. Not a city for black superstars: from racist tweets to the red sox profiling and following crawford to the lack of black folks in the city its not a desireable destination. And KG and Peirce will see how the city will turn on them now that they are gone.

The big 3 came to boston because they had the cap space and got the trade done. But most superstar black athletes of any sport avoid living or playing in boston if not drafted there.

1. this doesnt have to be a "right now" fix.....this isnt the same situation as a few years back..hence why Danny shopped everyone away...and alot of pros care more about their money then playing with a lockroom cancer...there's plenty of situations that dictate that....so getting players to play with rondo wont be the case...josh smith wants to play with him, and that is not to say josh smith is a franchise player, but that is still a valuable player that could help a team win a chip......

2. 🤬 , there is racism everywhere....there's been plenty of atheletes that were free agent who came and went from boston and mostly all of them had no issue with boston, stop making ignorant statement that are not true...
    Crawford is out boston now...what';s his excuse to still sucking.....one player doesnt suggest anything...players care more about the money and who they gonna play with before the city they gonna play in.

ps:
    and u talking about a racist tweet that was pointed toward hockey player...do you give a 🤬 about hockey??...and u gonna tell me u can't log on to any website and read racist comments?

Not only did i play hockey through last year during my last year of club hockey but i follow the NHL. Yes there are racist comments everywhere but the blantant use of the n-word post a black guy scoring was rediculous. It wasn't just a few people who tweeted the n-word it was hundreds if not thousands of bruins fans tweeting it and they were traced back to people in new england. Also Jerome Iginla (the first black captain in the NHL decided not to go to the bruins this year and went to Pittsburgh a few months back as well.

My posts are not ignorant but accurate. While racism is everywhere (See my post above where i said that) boston has that ignorance but a smaller population of black folks which to many athletes is important. Allot of the racism in boston is just the mere fact many white suburban boston kids don't even hang out with minorities or go to school with many.

Crawford never lived up to the hype but most players don't but that is my point hes already out of town. But even when he was healthy and about the come the fanbase was not accepting of him like many white athletes who came to the town. And they did follow him around before signing him. Believe me 🤬 like that has black athletes doing a double take about the city.
  • ghost!
    edited June 2013
    Nah Boston is done. No good free agent will ever sign with them. They bought a ship in 08, now those Florida marlins ass 🤬 go back to 🤬 hole of the nba and their "real fans" return..... U know the ones that chanted "MVP" for Kobe IN Boston.

i'd say "🤬 " please...but i just found out you trying to perpetrate as one!

and the lakers aint going no where either..wtf you think gonna happen when kobe is done, d.howard trying to jump ship now...nig out there tossing their purple and gold to rock clippers colors....go sit some where!
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brooklyn just beat the heat with those moves.

Celtics fading into obscurity for another few decades once again

and i dont think so, with the picks they are acquring it's obviously they are setingt ish up for something else and ahhh

*cough cough* ahh the lakers just about to fade as welll....Howard dont wanna f w you guys(the lakers)

The C's go have late first round picks from this trade, i dont see how you Boston fans think you got over with this trade
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Didn't a black player have a banana peel thrown at him at a hockey game in boston?
  • ghost!

Well u and tha city can eat a 🤬 ...nh

i';m sure boston>>>where ever you from...

and yea i still do graphic design.
  • ShadyWorldOrder
    ShadyWorldOrder Members Posts: 711 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Dont know if this was posted Doc Rivers Called Bill Simmons a Idiot on Live TV

• MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Didn't a black player have a banana peel thrown at him at a hockey game in boston?

No that was an exhibition game in Canada from philadelphia flyers player Wayne Simmonds. They were playing the Detroit Red Wings in a special game just over the border in Ontario.

• ghost!
    The C's go have late first round picks from this trade, i dont see how you Boston fans think you got over with this trade

show me where i said we did? Like i said these picks are obviously for a package deal in the future, danny ainge is not looking to compete right now or the foreseeable future..

you being from chicago should know how long it takes some teams to rebuild.
  • ghost!
    edited June 2013

Not only did i play hockey through last year during my last year of club hockey but i follow the NHL. Yes there are racist comments everywhere but the blantant use of the n-word post a black guy scoring was rediculous. It wasn't just a few people who tweeted the n-word it was hundreds if not thousands of bruins fans tweeting it and they were traced back to people in new england. Also Jerome Iginla (the first black captain in the NHL decided not to go to the bruins this year and went to Pittsburgh a few months back as well.

My posts are not ignorant but accurate. While racism is everywhere (See my post above where i said that) boston has that ignorance but a smaller population of black folks which to many athletes is important. Allot of the racism in boston is just the mere fact many white suburban boston kids don't even hang out with minorities or go to school with many.

Crawford never lived up to the hype but most players don't but that is my point hes already out of town. But even when he was healthy and about the come the fanbase was not accepting of him like many white athletes who came to the town. And they did follow him around before signing him. Believe me 🤬 like that has black athletes doing a double take about the city.

you watch hockey, ok how many minorities do or care? And you using one separate incident in hockey as your statement that boston sports wise is too racist for ahteletes to come here..is 🤬 andinaccurate given the past 10 plus years....

again did k.g. complained? did ray allen complained, did doc rivers complained (who is married to a white woman), was chad johnson complaining, was manny ramirez, did randy moss complained?

david oritz and manny ramirez (when he played here) are/were the most beloved players on the sox...it is a ignorant statement because i have lived here all my life and see plenty of black kids and white kids going to school together whether they be college or grammar schools...bullsh*t statement again.

• its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brooklyn just beat the heat with those moves.

Celtics fading into obscurity for another few decades once again

and i dont think so, with the picks they are acquring it's obviously they are setingt ish up for something else and ahhh

*cough cough* ahh the lakers just about to fade as welll....Howard dont wanna f w you guys(the lakers)

Your right we should of just competed for an 8th seed, let KG and Pierce retire here and get nothing in return for them, not only that who the 🤬 are you to say the draft picks will be late first rounders in 2016 and 2018? You know where the Nets will be at that point? You don't think those picks will still hold some trade value in other potential deals, of course the Celtics got over 🤬 are you talking about
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Down in Miami where it's warm in the winter. Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    edited June 2013
    Those 2016 and 2018 picks might not be low picks in the 1st round...I mean Garnett and Pierce won't be around by 2016.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14

you watch hockey, ok how many minorities do or care? And you using one separate incident in hockey as your statement that boston sports wise is too racist for ahteletes to come here..is 🤬 andinaccurate given the past 10 plus years....

again did k.g. complained? did ray allen complained, did doc rivers complained (who is married to a white woman), was chad johnson complaining, was manny ramirez, did randy moss complained?

david oritz and manny ramirez (when he played here) are/were the most beloved players on the sox...it is a ignorant statement because i have lived here all my life and see plenty of black kids and white kids going to school together whether they be college or grammar schools...bullsh*t statement again.

Here is the thing i am not a pro athlete though. Most black pro athletes wanna be in a city with allot of black folk in it. Manny and David Ortiz are not African-American though.

While Ortiz might be traced back to africa he related to a more carrebian and latino background which is high in boston and springfield.

KG, Doc and Ray all came to boston because at the time they could all have cap space and money to make a big 3 title run + doc. But KG left boston in off seasons to live in Cali and has thought about being traded multiple times after title #1. Allen doesn't live in boston and now is in miami. And After Allen left and pierce and KG got old doc pretty much was like "WTF am i in boston for.

I like the city of boston don't get me wrong but the average black Athlete doesn't travel there to build a dynasty. The Randy Mosses and Chad johnsons and Big 3 went there older in their career to have a shot to win a title with a hot boston team. Now that the Celtics have to rebuild again they will have trouble getting another top notch black free agent to willingly go to Boston. They will go to chicago which is cold or nyc which is cold. But again a team not garunteed to win a title in boston is 🤬 trina get a top black athlete to sign.
  • its....JOHN B
    Those 2016 and 2018 picks might not be low picks in the 1st round...I mean Garnett and Pierce won't be around by 2016.

Thank you, and at the end of the day who cares? We got 3 first rounders for a 37 and 35 year old players, and we freed up a ton of cap, and got a good young player in brooks
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    New Orleans also sent the 76ers a protected 2014 first-round pick and received the Sixers' second-round selection - 42nd overall - in this year's draft, the person told The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because the trade had not been announced. New Orleans would retain its 2014 first-round selection only if it falls in the top five.

Even if we do suck we keep our pick in the top 5.

So Philly banking on getting the first overall pick but be the worst team in the league.

We def came out on top with that trade..
    That's why they traded Jrue.
  • ShadyWorldOrder
    ShadyWorldOrder Members Posts: 711 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    I was upset about the trade and glad if that makes any sense I didnt like the 3 1st rounders but I like the trade to get Pierce and KG and got rid of Wallace it is what it is its obvious the Nets will have the same team at least for 2 years unless either one or both retire. adding KG is a plus he was better than Evans and humphries put together Pierce can pick his spots so hopefully its enough 🤬 to go around (no jason collins) And Deron doesnt have any excuses he has guys to pass to. We the best team in NY with out any doubt now
  • ericb4prez
    ericb4prez Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    Hope this bennett dude wrks out for my cavs
    He seems solid and he can score

He good and yall should in the finals in 2015 because of lebron

Lol bron ain't comin back not after tha way tha city treated that 🤬

i can honestly say i wouldnt want him if he did want to come back
  • its....JOHN B
    And we suck enough to enter the lottery next year, of course we got over, unless Ainge does some dumb 🤬 like sign Josh Smith
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Howard Beck ✔ @HowardBeckNYT

Clarification on last night's trade: Nets will send MarShon Brooks to BO'S, instead of Evans. That piece had been in flux until after draft