What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

The Official 2013-2014 NBA Offseason Thread

Comments

• t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    Besides lebron and melo, who else will be free agents in 2014?

deng, dirk, paul george, eric bledsoe(restricted), cousins(restricted), z-bo(player option), danny granger, bosh(eto), wade(eto), duncan(player option). Only players I really see leaving are granger, melo, deng(doubt it) and maybe dirk but I doubt it.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    Besides lebron and melo, who else will be free agents in 2014?

deng, dirk, paul george, eric bledsoe(restricted), cousins(restricted), z-bo(player option), danny granger, bosh(eto), wade(eto), duncan(player option). Only players I really see leaving are granger, melo, deng(doubt it) and maybe dirk but I doubt it.

Next summer will be interesting
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Vox Populi Members Posts: 22,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Between the draft and the FA class, the hierarchy of the league's flippin in 2014...
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    CC_Poncho wrote: »
    Between the draft and the FA class, the hierarchy of the league's flippin in 2014...

ehhh it depends. Wiggins, Randle and Parker probably won't go to great teams and besides melo I don't see any impact free agents leaving. I think everything(the draft, fa, etc.) will end up being a little overrated..
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Still the Devil's #1 Advocate. Come on out that box! Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    I think Miami should take a real run at Greg Oden. If they can make him at least half decent, they can add another dimension to their hybrid line-up, and have LeBron and Bosh go back to playing their natural positions to play "big" ball whey need the muscle.

Imagine a front court of 6'8 Bron, 7 ft Bosh, and 7'3 Oden...That would actually be more even to face the Pacers with their Grainer/West/Hibbert court.

I'd like to see that, honestly.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    CC_Poncho wrote: »

ehhh it depends. Wiggins, Randle and Parker probably won't go to great teams and besides melo I don't see any impact free agents leaving. I think everything(the draft, fa, etc.) will end up being a little overrated..

I disagree re: the draft. FA is always overrated, but the 2014 draft is loaded with 5 or 6 guys that would all have been top 1 or 2 picks this year and many other years. For that alone i think it will deliver.

I keep sayin, these guys (NBA 'superstars') gotta come from somewhere, and yes 1 or 2 from 2014 may fizzle, but the odds are in teams' favor to hit gold. You cant ask for more in this era of 1 n dones and drafting on potential.

• P swayze166
    P swayze166 Members Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOS ANGELES -- Dwight
    Me and all the GOATS such as myself agree and been saying the same thing. Kareem with the potent ether...

Howard’s old avatar on Twitter used to be a picture of him in a Los Angeles Lakers uniform with the retired jerseys of George Mikan, Wilt Chamberlain, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and Shaquille O’Neal hanging behind him.

Howard was expected to follow the Lakers’ Hall of Fame lineage of centers but decided to leave L.A. less than a year after joining the team to sign with the Houston Rockets last week.

The two living legends in Howard’s old avatar, which he immediately changed after committing to Houston, have not taken the news well.

On Monday, Abdul-Jabbar chimed in on Twitter and Facebook and wrote, “Dwight Howard is a perfect example of the fact that ‘potential has a shelf life.’ Laker fans should be patient and allow Mitch & company to prepare themselves to do some serious work in the free agent market.”

O’Neal, while speaking at Daytona International Speedway on Saturday, said he wasn’t surprised by Howard’s decision to take less money to leave Los Angeles for a smaller market.

"It was expected," O’Neal said. "We've all been in L.A., and not a whole lot of people can handle being under the bright lights. Everybody wants to do it, but when you get there, there are certain pressures. I think it was a safe move for him to go to a little town like Houston. That's right, little town. I said it."

Both O’Neal and Abdul-Jabbar were critical of Howard even before he decided to leave the Lakers.

Abdul-Jabbar told the San Francisco Chronicle last month he met Howard only once and that Howard expressed an interest in learning from the former Lakers captain but he never again reached out to Abdul-Jabbar. “He's charming, he's charismatic, very nice young man,” Abdul-Jabbar said. “Maturity-wise, he doesn't get it."

When Abdul-Jabbar was asked about teaching Howard the sky hook, he said, “At least he'd have an offensive move.

“He gets the ball on offense, oh my 🤬 , he doesn't know what to do. It's usually a turnover, people come and take the ball from him or tie his arms up. Offensively, he doesn't get it. Hasn't made any progress. We (the Lakers, when Abdul-Jabbar was a special assistant coach) played them in '09, and when I saw him this past season, he was the same player.”

O’Neal was just as harsh in his criticism of Howard when he was on ESPNLA 710 last month.

“He's too nice," O'Neal said. "I'm a connoisseur of giggling and playing and all that and making you laugh and playing with the fans, but when I cross that line, I'm ready to tear your face off. I don't care who it is. You could put one of my aunts or uncles out there, and I'm going to give him these elbows in their chest and I'm going to throw it down in their face. That's what you have to do. ... He's just too nice. If I was him, I would get into the same mood I was in."
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    These laker cats bitter as fucc that dwight bounced kareem wouldn't have said that if he stayed.Dwight will work with hakeem who had better post moves,footwork,jumper and skills than kareem He'll be iiight
  • blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol @ Kareem dude always keep it trill
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got the Tulsa 66ers nikkas out there right now for OKC.
  • greenwood1921
    Damn, Drummond lettin' our D-league nikkas shut him down?

And then he shoots a 3 at the shot-clock buzzer.

@peagle05 lol
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Behind MissKMembers Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    laker fans us cleveland fans are here for u...we know your pain!

not ......now yall see how we felt suffer MFs
  • greenwood1921
    Adams out chea doing work on Drummond.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Boy, I tell you that's vision Like Tony Romo when he hitting Witten Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vader wrote: »
    laker fans us cleveland fans are here for u...we know your pain!

not ......now yall see how we felt suffer MFs

Lol no we dont.. haha
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Warriors just signed toney douglas garbage ass.There's still hope nate da great will return if we bring nate bacc the east is ours
  • greenwood1921
    Caldwell-Pope is ballin'.
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman It All Started With A StarterCoat Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Warriors just signed toney douglas garbage ass.There's still hope nate da great will return if we bring nate bacc the east is ours

i love the passion you have for your squad, but nate the difference maker for the bulls to overcome the heat?

angry-jack-nicholson-nba-gifs-2012-2013.gif

• infamous114
    infamous114 Down in Miami where it's warm in the winter. Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    tumblr_mpko69L1ap1qd6wt5o1_500.jpg

D-Wade in his summer league days
  • P swayze166
    P swayze166 Members Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭✭✭
    These laker cats bitter as fucc that dwight bounced kareem wouldn't have said that if he stayed.Dwight will work with hakeem who had better post moves,footwork,jumper and skills than kareem He'll be iiight

This 🤬 just said this....never speak about basketball again. Just when we thought you couldn't be any dumber or more of a troll you drop this.....get this 🤬 out of here
  • greenwood1921
    Mr. October out here killin' with one eye. lol
  • Tommy bilfiger
    @Chris_Broussard

Sources: Monta Ellis hoping to choose btwn ATL, Sacramento, Charlotte and Dallas within next 36-48 hours

Lol @ these options.