What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

OFFICIAL 2013-2014 LOS ANGELES LAKERS THREAD

Comments

• eastbay510
    eastbay510 Members Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    I feel a way about Ron Artest not being a Laker anymore though, he wasn't too productive past his first couple years here but he was the only one who had anything close to Kobe's mindset and we could count on to give 110% every game...

Kobe doesn't need to take a big pay cut he deserves every dollar he gets, I just hope that next year with all of the cap room we'll have that we can still sign a superstar or two after him

and Swaggy P has to be the worst nickname in sports by far, I'm cool with the signing for now but if the commentators and analysts and ESPNLA call him that all year i don't know how much of that i can take lol
  • blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    toheeb27 wrote: »
    Are u guys insane Co Signing the Nick Young signing????? U guys have definitely never watch full games of SwaggyP... Dude is by far one of the most annoying players in the NBA. He does nothing but jack up BAD BAD shots.

He does not rebound, He has NEVER come close to averaging 3 rebounds in any season in the NBA (HE IS 6'7).

He does not assist, He has NEVER come close to averaging 2 assists in any season in the NBA. (EVEN JR SMITH THINKS THAT'S 🤬 )

Dont get me started on steals and Blocks, LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!

LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE, he does not turn the ball over much..... BCOS HE IS JACKING UP DUMB SHOT AFTER DUMB SHOT.

No one should give me the "but he has POTENTIAL" 🤬 . He is going into his 8TH season in the NBA, he is 28 YEARS OLD..... He has gotten burn in the NBA. He has had multiple seasons where he averaged OVER 30 minutes a game....

I have made my peace that we might not do much this upcoming season, but please dont make me watch SwaggyP night after night and be forced to root for him. 🤬 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

he makes his freethrows though, yay!?!?!?!? smh

Quit trying to rain on 🤬 parade, but you lowkey kobe hater so this hoe 🤬 doesn't surprise me.. SwagyP is good move, he is a perimeter player that teams have to guard besides Kobe.
  • toheeb27
    toheeb27 Members Posts: 10,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    blu197 wrote: »
    Are u guys insane Co Signing the Nick Young signing????? U guys have definitely never watch full games of SwaggyP... Dude is by far one of the most annoying players in the NBA. He does nothing but jack up BAD BAD shots.

He does not rebound, He has NEVER come close to averaging 3 rebounds in any season in the NBA (HE IS 6'7).

He does not assist, He has NEVER come close to averaging 2 assists in any season in the NBA. (EVEN JR SMITH THINKS THAT'S 🤬 )

LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE, he does not turn the ball over much..... BCOS HE IS JACKING UP DUMB SHOT AFTER DUMB SHOT.

No one should give me the "but he has POTENTIAL" 🤬 . He is going into his 8TH season in the NBA, he is 28 YEARS OLD..... He has gotten burn in the NBA. He has had multiple seasons where he averaged OVER 30 minutes a game....

I have made my peace that we might not do much this upcoming season, but please dont make me watch SwaggyP night after night and be forced to root for him. 🤬 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quit trying to rain on 🤬 parade, but you lowkey kobe hater so this hoe 🤬 doesn't surprise me.. SwagyP is good move, he is a perimeter player that teams have to guard besides Kobe.

LMAO..... Come on bro, i have been nice to Kobe this offseason. While u guys have been turning him into a Demi 🤬 and offering him 50 mil extensions, i have kept quiet (IT HAS NOT BEEN EASY).

LMAO at the word "LOWKEY". Bro, if u interpret my criticism of Kobe as "HATE", then bro, SHOW SOME 🤬 RESPECT, i have being anything thing but "LOWKEY"!!!!!!!!!!!

also, lmao at u implying that teams "have to guard" SwagyP. He does their job for them already.
  • blu197

LMAO..... Come on bro, i have been nice to Kobe this offseason. While u guys have been turning him into a Demi 🤬 and offering him 50 mil extensions, i have kept quiet (IT HAS NOT BEEN EASY).

LMAO at the word "LOWKEY". Bro, if u interpret my criticism of Kobe as "HATE", then bro, SHOW SOME 🤬 RESPECT, i have being anything thing but "LOWKEY"!!!!!!!!!!!

also, lmao at u implying that teams "have to guard" SwagyP. He does their job for them already.

I say lowkey b/c you won't be true and jus say you flat out hate him.. You will put on a front actin like you mess with kobe (nh) but bash him every chance you get especially during the season
  • joeyfkncrakk
    joeyfkncrakk Members Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Nick Young might take a lot of bad shots, but Metta missed a lot of good shots... Like the wide open you can't miss this one type of shots, he usually made up for it by jacking up a bad shot nobody wanted and making it... As much as ill miss Metta's hustle, I'm more than happy to have some 1 ready to shoot not named Kobe... Nick Young will learn from Kobe, and will prob avg 2 apg this year lol
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    northside7 wrote: »
    J-Breezy wrote: »
    After last season ain't no way in hell Kobe deserves a pay cut.
    he gave it everything he had night in and night out
    that's heart, will power, determination and his relentless attitude.
    If he takes less money it should because it's what he wants.

I hear all that but there's no way the Lakers should be paying him $30.5 mil a season after this season.

He wouldn't make the until the end of a 3 year extention after a 5 year deal anyway I believe.

I think he'll take less than max but more than mid.

I never liked Nick Young either but it's a good pickup for us right now with our depleted backcourt.
  • buttuh_b

While u guys have been turning him into a Demi 🤬 and offering him 50 mil extensions, i have kept quiet (IT HAS NOT BEEN EASY).

What does he deserve? 27M like Nash??? If he made 50 in 4 years that would be about 12.5 per year. Sounds like a bargain to me for a perennial 1st team all NBA.
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What Kobe deserves and what is best for the team is two different things.
    Should he take less money to get another start caliber player who can carry the torch? Sure
    But does he deserve every dollar that comes his way? Hell yeah he does.
    I think when that time comes he will make the right decision.
    I know he doesn't want to close the last chapter of his career being a bottom feeder.
  • killap
    killap Members Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think Kobe said 3 more years so after this season I think a two year 28-30 million dollar deal is fair, that would still give us room for two superstars.
  • killap
    Sadly this could be our lineup next yr when Kobe returns

Gasol/Kaman/Sacre
    Hill/Kelly
    Young/???
    Bryant/Meeks
    Nash/Blake/Farmar

Hopefully we can bring in Odom and Powell...but if not oh boy
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth stew Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That lineup isn't that bad if Gasol and Nash stay healthy and Kobe comes back like Kobe. Now it's all about chemistry.
  • wmj710
    wmj710 Members Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ill stay try and stay optimistic as long as they don't try and bring Walton back to
  • P swayze166
    P swayze166 Members Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lamar needs to get his name back, his fall off is all mental but soon it starts to take its toll on your body...lakers only place he can be rejuvenated.
  • Young_Chitlin
    Young_Chitlin YCN Chief/FCC Member/#RedVelvetSquad Member/IC Task Force General ASUville, PhoenixMembers Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    tumblr_mpw2l5kPEd1rhr6rzo1_500.jpg

twitter.com/LakerGirls
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON 30 Year Old Version Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Laker Girls>>>Laker Team
  • joeyfkncrakk
    joeyfkncrakk Members Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Just got another young wing for the vets, Wes Johnson I remember dude beasting at Syracuse was a top 5 pick just a couple years ago...,I think we are on to something here, not a glamorous pickup but can be a steal for us ESP if he can start over Nick Young at 3... I'd personally like Nick to be our 6th man like a Jamal Crawford type
  • killap
    I had to read up on Johnson. I think he can be solid for us, he's a better defender than young and doesn't take many ill advised shots. Still don't wanna see him matched up against Lebron
  • killap
    I also read Corey Maggette wants in for the low low...might not be a bad idea if Odom decides not to join
  • buttuh_b
    I see Wes flourishing. Usually when Mitch brings these type of guys in IE Shannon, Clark and Ariza, their careers become revitalized.

Yall forget how good J CHill was playing for us in the 2012 playoffs. We can have a good team this year.
  • P swayze166
    P swayze166 Members Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Low risk high reward...seasoned vets looking to prove their worth with the ultimate selfless player in Steve Nash running the show and Kobe and pau to demand double and triple teams...defense is the only question mark
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Boy, I tell you that's vision Like Tony Romo when he hitting Witten Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gotta say i like the moves we have made. now lets let it cook
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Run the offense thru Pau and things should be fine.
    Nash running point dictates who takes shots.
    Nick Young can be good if he isn't taking unauthorized shots.
    Nash will balance that out.
    Offense will be there no doubt the problem again will be defense.
  • toheeb27
    toheeb27 Members Posts: 10,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    J-Breezy wrote: »
    Run the offense thru Pau and things should be fine.

• MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    killap wrote: »
    I had to read up on Johnson. I think he can be solid for us, he's a better defender than young and doesn't take many ill advised shots. Still don't wanna see him matched up against Lebron

If that's the case they should have kept ron. the sf position is deep. lebron, melo, george, durant, pierce.
  • blu197
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    killap wrote: »

If that's the case they should have kept ron. the sf position is deep. lebron, melo, george, durant, pierce.

Artest can't defend no more which is the reason lakers let him go, Wes can't defend too but atleast he's a better scorer.. And Paul George is a SG who jus played the 3 last year b/c granger was out
This discussion has been closed.