What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

Freddie Gibbs Says Young Jeezy Made Him "Look Stupid"

13»

Comments

• RickyRich
    RickyRich RUCKWORLDMembers Posts: 13,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jeezy dont need to respond to gibbs at all.
  • vslyke
    vslyke Members Posts: 661 ✭✭✭✭
    Sion wrote: »
    Gibbs just shot himself in the foot SMMFH. Now b/c of this of this Gibbs will never blow. Jeezy is VP of Def Jam and all the underlings and squares who wanna impress him are gonna avoid Gibbs like the plague, and it's sad cuz he's talented too. I never got artists who 🤬 on the hand that fed them SMMFH. I used to 🤬 w/ Gibbs but this is 🤬 . Before Jeezy & CTE Gibbs was a nobody outta a place NOBODY heard of since MJ. 🤬 give Jeezy props for that at least & if it's bad blood move on and 🤬 . It didn't work for Game and it wont work for you. Slick Pulla aint put out a record in almost a decade & he still pushes a Ferrari & got money - you know why ? Cuz he plays his position.

These 🤬 wanna be the HNIC but dont know how to follow first before they can get in that position.

Son, Jeezy didn't do anything for Gibbs. No deal, no album, no touring, nothing. Just used him for some features.
  • 2tru2lose
    2tru2lose Members Posts: 49
    Anybody hear that new boo Rossini mixtape. He has a track called y jeezy u ain't put u on yet he says 🤬 🤬 I got my own check. And he shouted jeezy out on the tape a few times but he isn't on the tape. I said damn that's sum real 🤬 🤬
  • Sion
    Sion Moderator, Legion of Trill, AHH Content Producer, AHH Editor Members, Moderators, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 45,666 Regulator
    vslyke wrote: »
    Gibbs just shot himself in the foot SMMFH. Now b/c of this of this Gibbs will never blow. Jeezy is VP of Def Jam and all the underlings and squares who wanna impress him are gonna avoid Gibbs like the plague, and it's sad cuz he's talented too. I never got artists who 🤬 on the hand that fed them SMMFH. I used to 🤬 w/ Gibbs but this is 🤬 . Before Jeezy & CTE Gibbs was a nobody outta a place NOBODY heard of since MJ. 🤬 give Jeezy props for that at least & if it's bad blood move on and 🤬 . It didn't work for Game and it wont work for you. Slick Pulla aint put out a record in almost a decade & he still pushes a Ferrari & got money - you know why ? Cuz he plays his position.

These 🤬 wanna be the HNIC but dont know how to follow first before they can get in that position.

Son, Jeezy didn't do anything for Gibbs. No deal, no album, no touring, nothing. Just used him for some features.

My bad on the VP of DefJam, Jeezy is VP of A&R at Atlantic Records. Anyways...

Jeezy gave him a platform to be heard before anyone really knew who Gibbs was like that. You think Gibbs woulda been just as popular today without Jeezy ? He did tour clubs with Jeezy, he featured in his records, videos, fought his battles w/ MMG, got those contacts for beats - he got paid, his stock rose and he got something out of it.

What these 🤬 need to realize tho is the industry isn't the streets. It's a bunch of geeks and wannabes who run 🤬 . In this case, by throwin him under the bus he gains nothing and loses politically. It makes it harder for him now to get back on cuz he still aint on. Rap unfortunately is a popularity contest - not a talent contest. If Gibbs was smart he woulda just closed the chapter on this and moved on. Anything else he's saying doesn't need to be said. These new rappers need to get rid of the idea that bosses are suppose to do for them SMMFH, as listeners we don't care anyways. You think any of Jeezy's peers are gonna 🤬 with him ? Tip wont sign him, Wayne wont, MMG LOLOL, Kanye wont, Def Jam won't (cuz Jeezy is a top seller), Atlantic definitely wont, maybe BrickSquad will, he shot himself in the foot that's why he has to sign with these no name labels for now.

When Jay signed J.Cole, Cole had to grind for his BEFORE Hov would even acknowledge he existed. In Gibbs case he had it way easier but he didn't have to throw Jeezy under the bus or call him "fraud" or "fake" if things didn't work out the way he wanted it to. Maybe I'm reading too closely into it but that's just my 2 cents fam.
  • vslyke

Jeezy gave him a platform to be heard before anyone really knew who Gibbs was like that. You think Gibbs woulda been just as popular today without Jeezy ? He did tour clubs with Jeezy, he featured in his records, videos, fought his battles w/ MMG, got those contacts for beats - he got paid, his stock rose and he got something out of it.

What these 🤬 need to realize tho is the industry isn't the streets. It's a bunch of geeks and wannabes who run 🤬 . In this case, by throwin him under the bus he gains nothing and loses politically. It makes it harder for him now to get back on cuz he still aint on. Rap unfortunately is a popularity contest - not a talent contest. If Gibbs was smart he woulda just closed the chapter on this and moved on. Anything else he's saying doesn't need to be said. These new rappers need to get rid of the idea that bosses are suppose to do for them SMMFH, as listeners we don't care anyways. You think any of Jeezy's peers are gonna 🤬 with him ? Tip wont sign him, Wayne wont, MMG LOLOL, Kanye wont, Def Jam won't (cuz Jeezy is a top seller), Atlantic definitely wont, maybe BrickSquad will, he shot himself in the foot that's why he has to sign with these no name labels for now.

When Jay signed J.Cole, Cole had to grind for his BEFORE Hov would even acknowledge he existed. In Gibbs case he had it way easier but he didn't have to throw Jeezy under the bus or call him "fraud" or "fake" if things didn't work out the way he wanted it to. Maybe I'm reading too closely into it but that's just my 2 cents fam.

Maybe YOU didn't know Gibbs was but he's been out for years and had a good bit of hype before he signed to CTE. I think he actually lost some steam because he couldn't get 🤬 out like he wanted to.

And I don't think you understand Gibbs position - no major is going to sign him unless someone bigger basically forces them. He's not "commercial", he doesn't make singles, he's not "new", and he's going to scare the 🤬 out of some A&Rs. So I'm sure the whole point of getting with Jeezy was because Jeezy was his only shot to get a deal with a major. And Jeezy didn't do 🤬 for that. That mixtape they were supposed to do together never happened, the only track he was on TM103 was on the deluxe edition, he didn't get paid (at least according to him), Jeezy didn't take him on any major tours (and I never heard of any club tours they did), he didn't get many beats from high status producers (one from J.U.S.T.I.C.E. and one from KRIT) - and we don't know if Jeezy even helped him get those, etc. So Gibbs was grinding, doing his part, and being a loyal soldier, and Jeezy at best gave him some scraps.

With all that said, I hope he leaves it alone unless Jeezy responds. Its fine to put him on blast once or twice but anymore than that will come off as desperate.
  • RickyRich

Maybe YOU didn't know Gibbs was but he's been out for years and had a good bit of hype before he signed to CTE. I think he actually lost some steam because he couldn't get 🤬 out like he wanted to.

And I don't think you understand Gibbs position - no major is going to sign him unless someone bigger basically forces them. He's not "commercial", he doesn't make singles, he's not "new", and he's going to scare the 🤬 out of some A&Rs. So I'm sure the whole point of getting with Jeezy was because Jeezy was his only shot to get a deal with a major. And Jeezy didn't do 🤬 for that. That mixtape they were supposed to do together never happened, the only track he was on TM103 was on the deluxe edition, he didn't get paid (at least according to him), Jeezy didn't take him on any major tours (and I never heard of any club tours they did), he didn't get many beats from high status producers (one from J.U.S.T.I.C.E. and one from KRIT) - and we don't know if Jeezy even helped him get those, etc. So Gibbs was grinding, doing his part, and being a loyal soldier, and Jeezy at best gave him some scraps.

With all that said, I hope he leaves it alone unless Jeezy responds. Its fine to put him on blast once or twice but anymore than that will come off as desperate.

hes already lookin desperate . he dissed ross about being fake then he biggin him up hoping he will sign him .every interview he had to disrespect jeezy , he could of said i aint goin to answer that and leave it at that but no he wanted to make sure the world knows how jeezy broke his heart lool foh.

• loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bettie Fibbs on Twitter moments ago.

@FreddieGibbs: Free my 🤬 Slick Pulla. Since his other homie don't give a 🤬 .

Slick locked up again?
  • vslyke
    Ricky.G wrote: »

hes already lookin desperate . he dissed ross about being fake then he biggin him up hoping he will sign him .every interview he had to disrespect jeezy , he could of said i aint goin to answer that and leave it at that but no he wanted to make sure the world knows how jeezy broke his heart lool foh.

How is he biggin up Ross? I haven't seen him say anything about him.
  • RickyRich

theres one interview where he shouts out ross .

• antarticp
    antarticp Members Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only way to win in life by going on ur own.

U be the boss otherwise u just gone get hustled

will yg get hustled??
  • antarticp
    antarticp Members Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭✭✭

jeezy is VP over @ atlantic ... and he never feed gibbs .... gibbs had buzz before coming to CTE 🤬 he wasnt even with him long enuff to eat really ...
  • vslyke

theres one interview where he shouts out ross .

Link?
  • YapatnaJB
    YapatnaJB Members Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^ Gibbs just said Ross was realer than a lot of rappers ^
  • vslyke
    YapatnaJB wrote: »
    ^ Gibbs just said Ross was realer than a lot of rappers ^

Probably just being sarcastic or making a point. That's like saying Gucci is a better rapper than a lot of cats.
  • Paul Hate.
    Paul Hate. Members Posts: 4,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He has like four good songs 🤬 ,thats why.
  • mindright
    mindright Members Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭✭
    damn, this 🤬 still crying

I guess u can see who caught feelings over the breakup
  • janklow
    janklow god's lonely man. Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    yeah, but we say this like Gibbs didn't already grind enough to get one deal with a label, have that get 🤬 up, and THEN grind again to get the second deal. frankly, i think we all know this is what a lot of rappers do: bring in talents with lesser buzz and sit on them until that buzz is gone

now in Gibbs case i have some feeling that a major deal is just never really going to work out for him

• dollarandadream
    dollarandadream Members Posts: 236
    Don't ever blame someone else for your problems
  • vslyke

You resurrected a thread that had been dead for 9 days to say that? Were you just searching for Cole's name?
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz What title? www.facebook.com/DOPEdweebzMembers, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Imagine if Gibbs signed to MMG... he better take back every lil shot he had at Ross...
  • nillerthekid
    nillerthekid Members Posts: 474 ✭✭✭✭

You resurrected a thread that had been dead for 9 days to say that? Were you just searching for Cole's name?

yeah, you don't have to post in every single thread...
  • MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Unless You Play Smart, Follow Your Mind Also Your Heart, The Perfect Balance Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm saying though, this dude upping up like 5 of my threads from a month ago
  • nillerthekid
    nillerthekid Members Posts: 474 ✭✭✭✭

I'm saying though, this dude upping up like 5 of my threads from a month ago

yeah, he's been upping plenty of old threads, and didn't say 🤬 in 'em... annoying
  • c.b.b.
    c.b.b. Members Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭✭
    They need to do some more collabs, "Rob Me a 🤬 " was cold as hell

Yeah, "Rob Me a 🤬 " was the jam.

I don't see a problem with this Gibbs interview. He said he's done with it from now on, so I'm sure he's not going to try to make a career out of going at Jeezy.

I think Gibbs' personality won't allow him to really blow up in the rap game tho. Seems like you have to either kiss azz or be a great people person to blow up now days and I doubt Gibbs has that in him.

Either that or make radio/commercial hits and I doubt Gibbs will do that either.

Unless you're Kendrick Lamar, not too many people are blowing up without going commercial or making songs for the ladies in the rap game now.