What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

Deathrow vs Bad Boy

Weazel
Weazel Members Posts: 3,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2013 in The Reason

Deathrow vs Bad Boy 118 votes

Deathrow Records
82%
northside7lion_heartwill grimeySionveikuridwade206stupot0607tharealest561south4lifewillhustleinfamous114soul rattleraneed123Got Em Shookmindrightd.greenjoeyfkncrakkrip.dilladouble0sugeaffirmallchance 97 votes
Bad Boy Records
17%
a_listninetiesex-soldiergeorgia boimiamivice305qtipp73esco sopranounspoken_respectBig JamesDOPEdweebzits....JOHN BFyHunnitJabu_Ruleblu197DaBulldafamily2012LUClENCoxnation1235 Granddollarandadream 21 votes

Comments

• Weazel
    Deathrow Records
    Who's your favourite?
    Wich label had the best roster?
    Why?

It's on you
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Make Reasonable Choices. H. E. Double Hockey SticksMembers Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deathrow Records
    All Bad Boy had going for it was Craig Mack and Biggie.

Mack only released on album, and Death Row's roster was better than LOX/Mase/G Dep or whoever you want to throw out there.

2nd gen Death Row with Crooked I, Eastwood, Danny Boy, etc was better than Bad Boy 2nd gen.
  • Weazel
    Deathrow Records
    @ Lou

So we can forget about a certain Kim I guess?
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deathrow Records
    yep..duh
  • BeleeDatPleighboy
    BeleeDatPleighboy Knockin em off they feet like a southerner supposed to do Members Posts: 8,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Its a shame that East v West beef started....

I wish them 🤬 would have just spit in the 🤬 media faces and collaborated to get that paper instead of playing into that 🤬 ....but hindsight is 20/20
  • vslyke
    vslyke Members Posts: 661 ✭✭✭✭
    Deathrow Records
    Biggie is the greatest rapper ever... but then Bad Boy almost 🤬 up hip hop for good when he was gone.
  • Weazel
    edited July 2013
    Deathrow Records
    Why I voted for Deathrow Records
    Because I almost liked everybody from that label

Why I didn't voted for Bad Boy Records
    Because I only liked: Big, Kim, LOX, Rob, Puffy (yup No Way Out was dope), and Mase
    Other folks from BB also dropped some good 🤬 throughout the years, but it couldn't match the above

Have to say, the only artists I still listen to in 2013 are, Pac, Big, Dre, Snoop, Nate, Daz, Kurupt, Warren, Crooked, Lox, RBX, Rob, oh and hell yeah, Above the Law!
  • Rahlow
    Rahlow SmaKKKa CraKKKa Senseless Compton Cali4YaMembers Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deathrow Records
    Bad Boy artist was straight but....
  • bck145
    bck145 East CoastMembers Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deathrow Records
    death row is raps greatest record label ever

bad boy couldn't touch deathrow, plus biggie ain't nothing special anyway
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla ... push up the fader... bust the meter... shake the tweeter Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deathrow Records
    More timeless music. ..
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Make Reasonable Choices. H. E. Double Hockey SticksMembers Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deathrow Records
    Weazel wrote: »
    @ Lou

So we can forget about a certain Kim I guess?

While Lil Kim was closely associated with Bad Boy, she was never signed to the label.

And death row was dropping classic after classic.

Just my personal opinion, but 🤬 >>>Harlem World and Dogg Food >>>> Money power respect.
  • Weazel
    Deathrow Records
    @ Lou

You 🤬 ...right
    She never was signed to Bad Boy
    But my mind is playing tricks on me
    I can picture that little Bad Boy logo on her albums easily

Un and Big, I looked it up to be sure, lol
  • Lou Cypher
    Deathrow Records
    Yeah Puffy was executive producing like her first 2-3 albums too. Makes me wonder why they never signed her. But clearly after big passed she started to kind of distance herself, and i hear her and shyne had beef.
  • twatgetta
    twatgetta Members Posts: 6,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deathrow Records
    NO contest, Bad Boy never had a roster. Biggie was it. shoulda been Deathrow vs. Rap-a-Lot
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bad Boy Records
    Ya'll are forgetting that Bad Boy wasn't strictly rap music. They had Faith Evans, 112 and Total. They all put out solid R&B albums. I voted for Bad Boy.
  • gman82
    gman82 Members Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deathrow Records
    Death Row easy. They had the goat producer and rapper on the same label. Death Row put out countless classics, while bad boy only has 2, and both by the same artist (Biggie). Death Row's first 8 releases all went multi-platnuim; that will never happen again. The only advantage that bad boy has over Death Row was they were able to release more r and b albums. But still Nate Dogg, Danny Boy, Jewel, Michel'e >>>>>>… what Death Row did in the 90's was epic. They dropped the Chronic, 🤬 , all eyes on me, & Makaveli. All of those albums are in the top 25 hip hop albums of all-time. Closed thread
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker PISTOL GRIP PUMP IN MY LAP AT ALL TIMES Working On My LowriderMembers, Moderators Posts: 45,690 Regulator
    Deathrow Records
    bck145 wrote: »
    death row is raps greatest record label ever

bad boy couldn't touch deathrow, plus biggie ain't nothing special anyway

I gave you a Co sign, but I had to remove it after that 🤬 last line you wrote.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Co-Owner Of AllhipHop.com, Super Moderator, Administrator, Moderator Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    i could never call Death Row the GOAT hip hop label that goes to Def Jam
  • ThatPigskinGuy007
    ThatPigskinGuy007 Members Posts: 76 ✭✭
    Deathrow Records
    Pac, snoop, dre, daz and korupt, etc!!!!! In 92to97 i was bumpin death row hard! but i still listen to biggie too.
  • georgia boi
    georgia boi Members Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bad Boy Records
    Death Row had a nice 4-5 year run from '92-'97 with The Chronic, 🤬 , 7 Day Theory and All Eyez On Me being classic. On the other hand, Bad Boy has longevity with relevance that extended until the middle portion of last decade. Bad Boy also had classics in Ready To Die and Life After Death. Bad Boy also had more platinum artists than just the marquee artists and stars. Black Rob and Shyne had a platinum album. Biggie and Mase were clearly the stars of the label, but even after Big's death and Mase's departure, Bad Boy still flourished. Bad Boy's impact and influence was also greater than Death Row's. Jay and LL Cool J enlisted the likes of Diddy & The Hitmen adopting the Bad Boy formula for their own successes. Even R&B and Pop artists were using the formula.

Death Row put out more quality in a shorter period of time, but overall, the label was short lived. Once Dr. Dre bounced and Pac passed, everything fell a part.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deathrow Records
    during the early - mid 90's... Death row by far Pac, Snoop,Dre, Korrupt, nate, Daz alone... 97 on up Mase,Big before he passed, Black Rob (who id underrated) rand b acts... Shyne, Kim is way better than Death Row post Pacs death and Dres Departure
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deathrow Records
    snoop When he ws realy good, Pac , Dre when he was really killin itand Dogg Pound vs Biggie the lox (which were better on ruff ryders) and thats it. Easy choice