What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

Danny Brown Throws Shots At Big Sean "He Probably was Spoiled Or Sheltered,"

StillFaggyAF
StillFaggyAF QueerLGBT CommunityMembers Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
The rapper spoke at length about the financial issues in his city, what he would do to change it, and the difference between fellow Detroit rapper Big Sean's portrayal of the city and his own.

Towards the end he also reveals that his new album, Old is ready to be released at any moment.

Read some excerpts from the interview below.

What do you think about the bankruptcy? At the end of the day, it’s probably something that should’ve been done 10 years ago. For the entire time that I’ve been living—born and raised here—we always had some hope that 🤬 was about to change. They was about to do this, to build some new 🤬 . We always thought things would get better. But now I’m a grown ass man and it’s worser. Ain’t nothing changed. A new football stadium, new baseball 🤬 , but economically it declined. You ride around and see how 🤬 up it is.

Are you proud to be from Detroit? I probably talked to you about this [for the FADER feature]. A lot of rappers are always about repping they hood, but for me it’s always about getting out the hood. I moved to Royal Oak, that’s where I still stay. I love Michigan. I might not like Detroit so much, but I love Michigan. Don’t get me wrong—I do love Detroit, I just know we got problems. You listen to how I talk about Detroit, and you listen to how a rapper like Big Sean talk about Detroit, and it’s like we’re talking about two different cities. Which is probably true, because Detroit is that type of city—he went to the best high school in the city, you know, he probably was real spoiled or sheltered, so it’s like two different worlds. He can look at it and talk about guap, and we don’t have any.

It’s funny, I don’t think of him as from Detroit. To me he’s just a rapper on the radio. A lot of people in Detroit don’t consider him that either. They say he from LA now. He ain’t been to the hood in years, and I wouldn’t either if I was him, to be honest. It’s not a bad thing. I’m in the hood every day now, so I see the faces, I see the desperation. I have a studio now that’s five minutes from where I was born.

What do other people you know think about the bankruptcy? At the end of the day, it’s a lot of people who’ve never left Detroit, so they don’t know what’s bad or good. A lot of them feel like they love Detroit, they feel like it’s fun, it’s happy. It might be a piece a 🤬 , but it’s they 🤬 , so they gone treat it like it’s gold. Once you leave and you see 🤬 is better, you start thinking different.

Had you been in charge of Detroit, what would you have done differently? I would’ve been more concerned with youth 🤬 , because that’s where the future is. It’s never really been a concern. I would’ve been concerned with fixing schools and community centers and things for kids to do with they time. Because that’s who’s out here shooting people, that’s who’s breaking into your house, that’s who out here robbing. It’s not grown men, because we’ve been through cases already, we scared to do 🤬 , we don’t want to go back to jail.

What’s going to happen to the city? They trying to stress us out so much to make us leave, so they can take over. You can see neighborhoods now that were straight crackhead central, and now it’s hipsters building gardens. In some sense, they want everybody from the city to move to the outskirts and suburbs so they can take over—not saying white people or black people, just rich people.

Since I’ve got you, I have to ask about Old. When is the album coming out? At this point I guess it’s still supposed to be a secret. It’s supposed to be really soon. Everything is done, the music is done, the videos is shot, the cover is done. I’m just waiting on Fool’s Gold to push the button.

http://www.hotnewhiphop.com/danny-brown-says-big-sean-news.6737.html

Comments

• DetroitBoi313
    DetroitBoi313 Members Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How does someone who grew up in the hood spoiled?
  • A1000MILES
    A1000MILES Members, Writer Posts: 13,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I forgot he was from Detroit...
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Queer LGBT CommunityMembers Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A1000MILES wrote: »
    I forgot he was from Detroit...

Talk to me a little bit about growing up in Detroit. You're now "finally famous" -- what was life like before?

I grew up on the west side of Detroit -- 6 mile and Wyoming -- so I was really in the hood. And I would go to school at Detroit Waldorf and that was not the hood. Growing up in Detroit was good. I had a good perspective, a well-rounded one, and not being one-sided. I would go home and have my hood-ass friends and have my ghetto friends and then go to school and have my Jewish friends and all kinds of races, and it was all good. I think that gave me an open mind that was necessity.

6 mile n Wyo My whole life. My grandma was off 7mile. N my dad off Linwood RT @_SheMoans__Tone: Where that 🤬 @BigSean From in Detroit.?
  • A1000MILES
    A1000MILES Members, Writer Posts: 13,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Gerald Not Sean, Danny...
  • Muhannad
    Muhannad Members Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Big Sean does come off kinda soft, BUT that shouldn't matter. He doesn't rap about no rara sh*t anyway. Not every hoodn*gga is gonna rap about the same stuff...
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Make Reasonable Choices. H. E. Double Hockey SticksMembers Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danny Brown is the 🤬 and i will root for him if he starts to lyrically attack big sean.

• IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor The Spectacular Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    wonder what Big Sean HOFer got to say about this, he probably wont say 🤬
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭

lol 🤬 called cass tech the best school in detroit like it ain't in the hood
  • vslyke
    vslyke Members Posts: 661 ✭✭✭✭
    Bcotton5 wrote: »

Bcotton5 wrote: »

How this YMCB stan know this dude's high school?! You memorize what high school Lil Chuckee went to?
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    people need to stop getting cought up in perception, Martha Stewart has done more jail time than some of these ''hood'' 🤬 this fool is talking about.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • CoolJoe
    CoolJoe Members Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He ain’t been to the hood in years, and I wouldn’t either if I was him, to be honest. It’s not a bad thing

Let's keep creating fake beefs....
  • nycdiesel
    nycdiesel Members Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^Word that backward ass mentality is why people are trapped in the hood.
  • Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    J-Breezy wrote: »
    "Ain't a hood 🤬 but a 🤬 from the hood
    see mama stayed on me so I turned out pretty good."
    everybody that grow up in the hood ain't gon be O Dog. Sean might be one of those 🤬 but ain't nothing wrong with that.
    We need to abandon that mentality.

I blame that played out gangsta 🤬 from these oldheads. That 🤬 is why the Big D never blew up on the music scene. Crab ass 🤬 .
  • andre_1024
    andre_1024 Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Idk if they were real shots, but I could see how it may be disrespectful
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator

Are you proud to be from Detroit? I probably talked to you about this [for the FADER feature]. A lot of rappers are always about repping they hood, but for me it’s always about getting out the hood. I moved to Royal Oak, that’s where I still stay. I love Michigan. I might not like Detroit so much, but I love Michigan. Don’t get me wrong—I do love Detroit, I just know we got problems. You listen to how I talk about Detroit, and you listen to how a rapper like Big Sean talk about Detroit, and it’s like we’re talking about two different cities. Which is probably true, because Detroit is that type of city—he went to the best high school in the city, you know, he probably was real spoiled or sheltered, so it’s like two different worlds. He can look at it and talk about guap, and we don’t have any.

It’s funny, I don’t think of him as from Detroit. To me he’s just a rapper on the radio. A lot of people in Detroit don’t consider him that either. They say he from LA now. He ain’t been to the hood in years, and I wouldn’t either if I was him, to be honest. It’s not a bad thing. I’m in the hood every day now, so I see the faces, I see the desperation. I have a studio now that’s five minutes from where I was born.

http://www.hotnewhiphop.com/danny-brown-says-big-sean-news.6737.html

So which is it because the bold has him sounding confused as hell