What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

Nas Saves Single Father Of 8 From Homelessness

illedout
illedout Members Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
nas.gif?w=380

Late last night, Nas started collecting funds for a single father of 8, Stanley Young, in D.C. whose house was destroyed in a fire

In the past few hours, Nas rallied 400+ people to pledge $29K+ in a viral fundraiser to save Young’s family.

Stanley Young is an unemployed construction worker and single father. Two weeks ago, a fire destroyed his home. His family is stuck in a hotel, but time is running out. They will be kicked out by August 13.

Nas wrote to his fans on social media:

I am also a single father, and we don’t get enough credit in this country. I’m committed to helping Stanley and his eight (yes 8!) kids. Moreover, I believe and hope that we should all, as a community, come together to help our fellow American men and women when they need us in desperate situations like this. See if you can’t find a few dollars to help the Youngs get back on their feet with me. We need to raise enough to extend their stay, and maybe even afford a down payment on a new house or something.

This is real. It is me. I’m putting in $5,000 myself. Never done something like this, but I have faith that our American community can pull together a miracle for this strong family who needs our help right now. We’ve already made our first, $20,000 goal, and I’ve put in another $5,000 on top.

To help Young and his family with their fundraiser go to https://www.crowdtilt.com/campaigns/help-the-young-family

Comments

• nyst8ofmin
    nyst8ofmin Members Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭✭✭
    how is this gonna be interpreted as an L?
  • onetoughmiracle
    onetoughmiracle NY Giants Fan...Always Keep the Strap On You! Members Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Igot5onit
    Igot5onit in some gutsMembers Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Although Nas comes off ass a smart dumb 🤬 at times, you can tell he really means well.
  • Chi Snow
    Chi Snow Night's Watch Castle BlackGuests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was gonna give something but my landlord says I need to donate to him also

Guess who won?
  • hiphop12345
    hiphop12345 Members Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i cant see how anybody can find a way to hate on this, but this is the IC

in before "jay woulda bought that single father a new house himself. nas lost"
    I read that yesterday.

• alibaba
    alibaba Members Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭✭
    Salute to the homie Nas
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good 🤬 right there
  • And_So_It_Burns
    And_So_It_Burns Members Posts: 921 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Money is great but the biggest thing Nas did by helping this family is making their story known around the country. Nas is that dude
  • aladdin1978
    aladdin1978 Poo Poo Jenkins- pronounced Pow POW West coastin'Members Posts: 4,609 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stand up 🤬 right chea
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good 🤬
  • goldenja
    goldenja Members Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're the man, nas

no stillmatic
  • esco soprano
    esco soprano Jersey bredMembers Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    keez. wrote: »
    I can't stand these stupid ass 🤬 who will creep out the woodwork and try to label Nas a "Loser". You numbskulls run around in the streets talking about how you're down for your people, but continuously will do nothing for your community. Nas stands for something in times where most rappers like 2 Chainz make money off popping 🤬 and don't give a penny towards any-🤬 -thing !!! Nas = G.O.A.T.

While you are right....Nas has taken mad Ls too. But this is powerful stuff right here.
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Mash Out Posse Survivor Series '97Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • sully
    sully Members, Writer Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nyst8ofmin wrote: »
    how is this gonna be interpreted as an L?

How about Nas comparing himself as a single father b/c he keeps having children with 🤬 to a guy with 8 kids from one wife, who died, and lost his home b/c his house got set on fire.