What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

Kendrick Lamar(Shots Fired!!!!) "Control"

Comments

• SnuffDaddy
    SnuffDaddy Members Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Another negative thing that's gonna be the affect of everything Kendrick has been doing & saying is this..

When his next album drops people will be ready to critisize everything. Not only cuz he's popular & has gotten praise but also due to the fact of stuff like this. I'm not saying that is a bad thing but thats usually how it goes.

Just watch the people when hes dropping his next album. The expectations will be through the roof & with all the priase people will be ready to tear him down & it'll end up with most people being disappointed.

That is why the first albums are the easiest & the most liked by the public cuz that's your intro to the public & your job is to just deliver something. You have 0 expectations for the most part. After that people take you as an artist & make up theories on what you are & how you are to put you in a box. Then you got people who hate the love & love to hate & things like that.

Just saying..watch.
  • MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Unless You Play Smart, Follow Your Mind Also Your Heart, The Perfect Balance Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the atmosphere right now I really really like what's happening!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

G-host
    @therealstylesp
  • Dupac
    Dupac Retired PurgatoryMembers, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    trinidad was on sway this morning when sway dropped the track....

he didn't wanna give kedrick too much attention cuz he was there to speak on his new mixtape "10-piece mild"

but he gave props where prosps due.....trinidad james a real 🤬 i had to respect him for what he said, cuz he said the same 🤬 on the air..
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Y'all 🤬 ain't talkin bout nothin
    Not a thang not a not a thang
    Not a thang not a damn thang
  • Stew
    Stew Rap Music Is My Religion HTTRMembers, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    SnuffDaddy wrote: »
    Another negative thing that's gonna be the affect of everything Kendrick has been doing & saying is this..

When his next album drops people will be ready to critisize everything. Not only cuz he's popular & has gotten praise but also due to the fact of stuff like this. I'm not saying that is a bad thing but thats usually how it goes.

Just watch the people when hes dropping his next album. The expectations will be through the roof & with all the priase people will be ready to tear him down & it'll end up with most people being disappointed.

That is why the first albums are the easiest & the most liked by the public cuz that's your intro to the public & your job is to just deliver something. You have 0 expectations for the most part. After that people take you as an artist & make up theories on what you are & how you are to put you in a box. Then you got people who hate the love & love to hate & things like that.

Just saying..watch.

Ppl will be ready to criticize because he put out a great debut album. Happens with everybody from Snoop to Lupe. The people have the right to criticize anything and Im sure he/they know that.
  • deathrowzorrow
    deathrowzorrow Members Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kendrick will end up as one of the greatest rapper ever
  • MeTaL
    MeTaL Members Posts: 6,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    blackrain wrote: »
    Best part of Kendrick's verse to me is he's showing you can be competitive without being disrespectful and dissing 🤬 . You can be cool with 🤬 and still want to murder them on songs

@blackrain Interesting..Very interesting..I like the verse.. Funny..Not to long ago.. couple month's back.. Kendrick Lamar.. did say on dj whoo kid radio.. that dmx inspire him to rap.. Dmx was his inspiration.. Maybe we are seeing little bit of that dmx in him.. Difference.. though... dmx.. didn't give a 🤬 about any rapper nor their feeling's.
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Du_Du wrote: »
    i don't even think he the best in the game, but he carrying it like he is, and i got respect the 🤬 outta him for it....

i give no 🤬 about who's the best these days.....i just care about who's bringing the most to the table to entertain and put out quality 🤬 ...he's doing that and encouraging others to do the same...

that 🤬 shouldn't be hated on by anybody

That's what hip hop is missing nowadays its no coincidence that when New York hip hop fell off so did battling for the number 1 spot fell to the waste side. And rappers are just complacent as hell.

It seems like Kendrick Lamar wants to end the "Superfriends era of rap" and usher in a new era of rap an elite era where verses will be called out for really being wack and verses will dissected even more and I applaud him for that.
  • A1000MILES
    A1000MILES Members, Writer Posts: 13,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1of1 wrote: »
    Not a thang not a not a thang
    Not a thang not a damn thang

That he can't do...That he ain't done...That y'all done did...
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Vox Populi Members Posts: 22,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MY CLAYCO 🤬 NEED TO RESPOND FORREAL

@WAKAFLOCKA

@TRINIDADJAMES

@2CHAINZ
  • antarticp
    antarticp Members Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Mr.LV wrote: »
    bull6599 wrote: »
    Didn't read thru the entire thread so UDK if anybody clarified this but I think that whole King of NY line was just a metaphor for saying he's BIG reincarnated I guess. Esp since he referenced Pac in the same line.

22 year old Biggie who created ready to die>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>26 year old Kendrick Lamar who created Good Kid m.A.A.d city

You know it, I know it, they know it.

flow wise i give to big ... but overall just sonically GKMC is better than Ready to Die ... the only thing imo ready to die has over GKMC is the impact .... but ready to die NEEDED PUFFYS REMIXs because some of those original tracks are the doo doo stains on that album ....... the closest you come to a doo doo stain on GKMC is the very last track and thats debatable cause imo it just sounds different from the rest of the album but its still good production ...............
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 NJMembers Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where does the Saigon, Joell Ortiz, Sean Price, Reks, Termanology, Skyzoo's of rap stand in this.. Or is it only young mainstream 🤬 ??
  • vslyke
    vslyke Members Posts: 661 ✭✭✭✭
    Cole ain't gonna respond to this. He knows this is what is going to happen to him if he says something about
    K Dot:

tumblr_mgmpyb0jnA1s1desgo1_400.gif
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Sion Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    T-Raww ‏@Tyga 1h
    That kendrick verse crazy! I gotta get back on my own shi.ain't gon lie I made so much $ I lost sum inspiration for music.#Inspired rite now

T-Raww ‏@Tyga 1h
    I haven't wrote lyrics in 2 years.freestyled my last 2 albums.im bout to start writing again 🤬 dat!! #TheGoldAlbum

this shows a good example of what i think the verse was meant for, not beef, just coming hard as u can on a particular track, tyga never gon 🤬 with kendrick, but he can go hard if he wanna
  • deathrowzorrow
    deathrowzorrow Members Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    gemini86 wrote: »
    Kendrick will end up as one of the greatest rapper ever

yo shut the 🤬 up u not funny. u a dickriding 🤬 that loves the attention

feelings caught 🤬

this is how i feel so shut up

kendrick one of the goats
  • gemini86
    gemini86 Members Posts: 5,180 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fab gonna respond. J cole should def respond
  • FlyFreeCt
    FlyFreeCt Members Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think dude had a good verse, nothing more, nothing less...He's a good rapper, not great to me..I think this is getting alot of hype cuz people are realizing that rappers these days are so average/trash which makes him stand out....He's probably the best rapper out but it's not saying too much considering the competition he's facing...Kinda like how Tyson was knockin out average/above average 🤬 constantly, it's the same 🤬 ...To Quote Bruce Lee "🤬 , boards don't hit back"...Had he tried this 🤬 when there was legit cometition in the game it wouldn't end well for him.....But shoutout to him though for makin 🤬 at least attempt to step their game up..It's a good day for hip hop even if this is overblown.
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr.LV wrote: »
    I'd put money on it that the first New York rapper to respond to this verse in a new song, people in the Reason will say he caught feelings.

NOBODY will catch feelings like you and start bringing up 🤬 that happened 20 years ago. Fact
    But Kendrick Lamar would bring biggie up in this verse and big passed away in 1997. Fact
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 NJMembers Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nj2089 wrote: »
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    Where does the Saigon, Joell Ortiz, Sean Price, Reks, Termanology, Skyzoo's of rap stand in this.. Or is it only young mainstream 🤬 ??

Ice ‏@OfficiallyIce 2h
    Just got off the phone with @JoellOrtiz. Yup.

Word imo all them cats I listed would and can give K Dot that work lyrically. But since none of them are on radio or mainstream enough it be dismissed.
This discussion has been closed.