What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

Better rapper Vol. 27: Kendrick Lamar or Lupe Fiasco

DOPEdweebz
DOPEdweebz What title?www.facebook.com/DOPEdweebzMembers, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
edited August 2013 in The Reason

Better rapper Vol. 27: Kendrick Lamar or Lupe Fiasco 64 votes

Kendrick Lamar
32%
Dupacnorthside7daflat'zfinestP. TowndodgerblueclairvoyanceVIBEWeazelStoneColdMikeyvslykeTheRicanKingCocoa_ButterIgot5onitA$AP_A$TON_Goldie_Meta_ConsciousImTheKangRoundHereSiqnih Da Trappercannonspike1994dark11 21 votes
Lupe Fiasco
67%
a_listbuttuh_b1of1dwade206nawledge_godtharealest5615th Letterinfamous114jonoachewon87nillerthekid25centsandwichStewcobblandmryounggunIceBergTaylorCJDOPEdweebzCoolJoeIbex 43 votes

Comments

• Cain
    Cain The audacity of you fuck niggas Cyttorax DimensionMembers, Moderators Posts: 44,543 Regulator
    were is the they both wack as 🤬 option?
  • Stew
    Stew Rap Music Is My Religion HTTRMembers, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Lupe Fiasco
    For now
  • ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lupe Fiasco
    K-Dot will never 🤬 with Lupe bar for bar.

K-Dot is above average rapper but phenomenal artist.

It's the other way around for Lupe.
  • Gooner
    Gooner Members Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lupe Fiasco
    this not even close as of right now...but lupe is losing his mind and kendrick is gaining momentum so this might change in a cpl of yrs
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Loading up my Grey Matter Glock Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lupe Fiasco
    Aw 🤬 , I clicked the wrong one. Lupe is wack. Kendrick is a far better rapper to me. Also, I lost respect for Lupe after it came outta his 🤬 mouth that he was scared to get on a track with Talib Kweli cuz he didn't want to get outshined. SMH.
  • CoolJoe
    CoolJoe Members Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lupe Fiasco
    mryounggun wrote: »
    Aw 🤬 , I clicked the wrong one. Lupe is wack. Kendrick is a far better rapper to me. Also, I lost respect for Lupe after it came outta his 🤬 mouth that he was scared to get on a track with Talib Kweli cuz he didn't want to get outshined. SMH.

Kendrick is better at rapping in what aspect, exactly?
  • cobbland
    cobbland "Shorty": Belly (1998) Chicago...Members Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lupe Fiasco
    Prisoner of the moment thread.

What Lupe tweeted about the "bar being low" struck a lot of nerves.

• YamoleySensei
    YamoleySensei Members Posts: 8,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lupe Fiasco
    That little nappy headed dwarf could never in his wildest dreams create an album that could measure up to F&L....
  • Weazel
    Weazel Members Posts: 3,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kendrick Lamar
    K.Dot
  • Say What
    Say What Members Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭✭
    Lupe Fiasco
    I thought Kendrick would would get more from the momentum of his last verse but he is still no Lupe.
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Hypocrite The BashmentMembers Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kendrick Lamar
    Ill never buy a Lupe album... That 🤬 skills is a myth... He garbage...
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lupe Fiasco
    Kendrick is slowly closing the gap so this is not a knock to him. Lupe has a diverse offering of dope 🤬 , some songs with good messages, and some other worldly word play.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kendrick Lamar
    K•Dot.

I'm a Cali dude, I gotta support my westcoast artists.

Lupe is a great emcee, as well. Nothing wrong with him at all. I just think Kendrick edges him out overall.
  • Cain
    Cain The audacity of you fuck niggas Cyttorax DimensionMembers, Moderators Posts: 44,543 Regulator
    Yamoley wrote: »
    That little nappy headed dwarf could never in his wildest dreams create an album that could measure up to F&L....
    Stopitfive wrote: »

Word and cs @yamoley and @stopitfive
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Black Identified Extremist Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Lupe Fiasco
    Lupe is the better rapper lyrically IMO.
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON 30 Year Old Version Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kendrick Lamar
    Kendrick Lamaaahh

S/N I remember buying F&L after I got my first ever credit card. I would go on to max out the card and my credit was shot. It wasn't worth it. Good album tho.
  • jono
    jono Right fist = power, left fist = unity Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lupe Fiasco
    Both cut from the same cloth as they are creative lyricists but Lupe was much better in his prime than Kendrick is now (arguably in his prime also).

GKMC is only a shade below F&L in my opinion, I think it's the F&L of this generation as well.

This one of those battles where I'm not mad about who anyone picks because both are dope as 🤬 .
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Loading up my Grey Matter Glock Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lupe Fiasco
    CoolJoe wrote: »
    mryounggun wrote: »

Kendrick is better at rapping in what aspect, exactly?

If you asked me who was the better lyricists, I MIGHT have to say Lupe. But in terms of being an overall artist, a RAPPER, Kendrick is killing Lupe. To me he makes better records. I don't think that can be disputed. Also, he's much more well-rounded. He's a whole human being in a way that Lupe never displays. Kind of a hard to concept to explain, but I could go on.

I'm just not a Lupe fan at all. And I keep giving the 🤬 chances to grow on me. Doesn't happen. Gonna listen to Food & Liquor again today to see if something has changed.
  • Like Water
    Like Water Integrity 1st Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lupe Fiasco
    "... When they was on back of a nickel like Monticello
    And the underworld had to be smarter than Donatello
    No honor amongst fellows
    It's harder than sitting with a blind man and tryna describe yellow..."
  • Dupac
    Dupac Retired PurgatoryMembers, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kendrick Lamar
    imma say this....

kendrick did more with one verse last night than lupe did with a whole song for the summer
  • CoolJoe
    CoolJoe Members Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lupe Fiasco
    Like Water wrote: »
    "... When they was on back of a nickel like Monticello
    And the underworld had to be smarter than Donatello
    No honor amongst fellows
    It's harder than sitting with a blind man and tryna describe yellow..."

Classic.
  • Gooner
    Gooner Members Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lupe Fiasco
    Stopitfive wrote: »
    lmao expect nothing less frm u...
  • vslyke
    vslyke Members Posts: 661 ✭✭✭✭
    Kendrick Lamar
    GKMC & Section 80 >>>> F&L and The Cool
  • ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lupe Fiasco
    The folks who voted for Kendrick are stans.

• IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor The Spectacular Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lupe Fiasco
    C'mon b
    yall some prisoner of the moment ass 🤬
    Nobody 🤬 with Lupe, idc if he dropped Lasers or if hes turning into a Black Panther version of Vegeta or if he look like he got antennas on his head.

The 🤬 has, will and forever have BARS.