What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

Why did Jay-z diss Mobb Deep in 2001?

2»

Comments

  • vslyke
    vslyke Members Posts: 661 ✭✭✭✭
    antarticp wrote: »
    scrapper1 wrote: »
    Probably cause of this. Start at 1:00 mark..
    Prodigy and the late E-Money Bags on Hot 97

    yo when did jayz say he dont like it when dudes rhyme over other peoples beats ??

    P called out Jay for stealing Biggie's lines.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prodigy caight that work in beefs but I always respected the fact he never bit his tongue...He went at Pac and he spoke on Jay taken Big 🤬
  • Listencloser
    Listencloser Members Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Yamoley wrote: »
    Mobb still got a better catalog than Jay....what album besides "Reasonable Doubt" is 🤬 with "Infamous", "Hell On Earth" and "Murda Muzik"?

    three straight classics.
  • Kalecrunch
    Kalecrunch Members Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭✭✭
    vslyke wrote: »
    antarticp wrote: »
    scrapper1 wrote: »
    Probably cause of this. Start at 1:00 mark..
    Prodigy and the late E-Money Bags on Hot 97

    yo when did jayz say he dont like it when dudes rhyme over other peoples beats ??

    P called out Jay for stealing Biggie's lines.
    What song did Prodigy make that "calll out" diss?
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember The Source also had a section called "Pin the diss on the Jigga" and it had a list of rappers dissing Jay right before Takeover was released. Prodigy, Nas, and Jay O felony were all listed.
  • SnuffDaddy
    SnuffDaddy Members Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭✭✭
    JokerzWyld wrote: »
    Prodigy and Jay were going back & forth since 97 when Jay drop Vol. 1. Prodigy felt like Jay dissed him on "Where I'm From" & took their slang (dun) on "Friend or Foe 98." Prodigy dissed him on the original "Quiet Storm" and other songs subliminally. Jay came out with "Takeover." I don't Prodigy has ever made a direct diss aimed at any rapper ever. Prodigy has an interview on Youtube explaining the beef.

    Yeah. The line about "i'm from where you and your mans hang in every verse of you rhymes" or whatever, mixed a few other things i've heard was one reason.

    But as always, most rap beefs rarely starts from music. It usually starts because of the underworld 🤬 . I'll leave it at that.
  • nyst8ofmin
    nyst8ofmin Members Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭✭✭
    JokerzWyld wrote: »
    I don't Prodigy has ever made a direct diss aimed at any rapper ever.

    Swollen bullet wound head ass 🤬 .....
    .....You seen strapped, came outside all hype with gats
    Got juiced up, now bishop think he thugging it black.....
    ...🤬 a -- Keith Murray and his whole click
    Yeah, you snuffed me in front of the cops, that 🤬
    Told you come around the corner, no police and no witnesses
    Little to your knowledge, you almost got shot
    But that's aight though, I'ma catch your ass again
    You 🤬 immigrant
    you's a notebook crook with loose leaf beef, a backseat criminal who pass the heat to somebody that blast the heat

    yea, i guess progidy doesnt really say names very often
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Muhannad X wrote: »
    Nah Son wrote: »
    I read an excerpt from that book and 🤬 was WOAT

    "Havoc told me he wanted to get some women and weed and have a gangsta party"

    "Whats a gangsta party? I replied"

    Smh
    That book was interesting to me. He really opened up and drysnitched on alot of stuff in that book. I don't think he intented to but he basically exposed the fact he was a busta, the n*gga he rapped about in classics like "Shook Ones". Real interesting to me since he was one of my fav rappers in the mid 90ties.

    How did he expose himself? I never read the book. Is it good?
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    blackrain wrote: »
    Muhannad X wrote: »
    Nah Son wrote: »
    I read an excerpt from that book and 🤬 was WOAT

    "Havoc told me he wanted to get some women and weed and have a gangsta party"

    "Whats a gangsta party? I replied"

    Smh
    That book was interesting to me. He really opened up and drysnitched on alot of stuff in that book. I don't think he intented to but he basically exposed the fact he was a busta, the n*gga he rapped about in classics like "Shook Ones". Real interesting to me since he was one of my fav rappers in the mid 90ties.

    How did he expose himself? I never read the book. Is it good?

    P is a couldve/wouldve/should've guy. In the book he speaks of different compromising situations he was in and he never took any significant action.
  • _God_
    _God_ Members Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "where you and ya man hung ...in every verse in ya rhymes" jayz where im from 98

    Refereing to the track on infamous where p n hav had song vout goin to see a 🤬 in marcy, jayz started it by throwin unwarranted subliminals in 1998
  • esco soprano
    esco soprano Jersey bredMembers Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nyst8ofmin wrote: »
    JokerzWyld wrote: »
    I don't Prodigy has ever made a direct diss aimed at any rapper ever.

    Swollen bullet wound head ass 🤬 .....
    .....You seen strapped, came outside all hype with gats
    Got juiced up, now bishop think he thugging it black.....
    ...🤬 a -- Keith Murray and his whole click
    Yeah, you snuffed me in front of the cops, that 🤬
    Told you come around the corner, no police and no witnesses
    Little to your knowledge, you almost got shot
    But that's aight though, I'ma catch your ass again
    You 🤬 immigrant
    you's a notebook crook with loose leaf beef, a backseat criminal who pass the heat to somebody that blast the heat

    yea, i guess progidy doesnt really say names very often

    The second line was supposedly at Nas....I liked that 🤬 he did with Cormega. It was hard and it sampled one of the Scarface themes. It was ill.
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    JokerzWyld wrote: »
    Prodigy and Jay were going back & forth since 97 when Jay drop Vol. 1. Prodigy felt like Jay dissed him on "Where I'm From" & took their slang (dun) on "Friend or Foe 98." Prodigy dissed him on the original "Quiet Storm" and other songs subliminally. Jay came out with "Takeover." I don't Prodigy has ever made a direct diss aimed at any rapper ever. Prodigy has an interview on Youtube explaining the beef.



    Dont forget "Keep it thro" where he went at Jay and Bleek hard after Bleek calle Hav and P "two fake 🤬 " on the third verse of "Mind Right" Im sure after Keep it throu Jay actually grew enough 🤬 to say enough is enough.

  • vslyke
    vslyke Members Posts: 661 ✭✭✭✭
    Kalecrunch wrote: »
    vslyke wrote: »
    antarticp wrote: »
    scrapper1 wrote: »
    Probably cause of this. Start at 1:00 mark..
    Prodigy and the late E-Money Bags on Hot 97

    yo when did jayz say he dont like it when dudes rhyme over other peoples beats ??

    P called out Jay for stealing Biggie's lines.
    What song did Prodigy make that "calll out" diss?

    That interview that Kalecrunch posted.
  • Kalecrunch
    Kalecrunch Members Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭✭✭
    vslyke wrote: »
    Kalecrunch wrote: »
    vslyke wrote: »
    antarticp wrote: »
    scrapper1 wrote: »
    Probably cause of this. Start at 1:00 mark..
    Prodigy and the late E-Money Bags on Hot 97

    yo when did jayz say he dont like it when dudes rhyme over other peoples beats ??

    P called out Jay for stealing Biggie's lines.
    What song did Prodigy make that "calll out" diss?

    That interview that Kalecrunch posted.

    Kalecrunch didn't post a song. The interview was a jab at jay. Prodigy never called Jay by name on a song. Ever. Somebody tellin fibs.
  • B.BeST
    B.BeST Members Posts: 379 ✭✭✭✭
    this is why Jigga had no choice but to diss Prodigy.....

    I was a hip hop fiend back in these days, the data is still encrypted in my brain....
  • B.BeST
    B.BeST Members Posts: 379 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    dwade206 wrote: »
    blackrain wrote: »
    Muhannad X wrote: »
    Nah Son wrote: »
    I read an excerpt from that book and 🤬 was WOAT

    "Havoc told me he wanted to get some women and weed and have a gangsta party"

    "Whats a gangsta party? I replied"

    Smh
    That book was interesting to me. He really opened up and drysnitched on alot of stuff in that book. I don't think he intented to but he basically exposed the fact he was a busta, the n*gga he rapped about in classics like "Shook Ones". Real interesting to me since he was one of my fav rappers in the mid 90ties.

    How did he expose himself? I never read the book. Is it good?

    P is a couldve/wouldve/should've guy. In the book he speaks of different compromising situations he was in and he never took any significant action.
    dwade206 wrote: »
    blackrain wrote: »
    Muhannad X wrote: »
    Nah Son wrote: »
    I read an excerpt from that book and 🤬 was WOAT

    "Havoc told me he wanted to get some women and weed and have a gangsta party"

    "Whats a gangsta party? I replied"

    Smh
    That book was interesting to me. He really opened up and drysnitched on alot of stuff in that book. I don't think he intented to but he basically exposed the fact he was a busta, the n*gga he rapped about in classics like "Shook Ones". Real interesting to me since he was one of my fav rappers in the mid 90ties.

    How did he expose himself? I never read the book. Is it good?

    P is a couldve/wouldve/should've guy. In the book he speaks of different compromising situations he was in and he never took any significant action.

    I could of smashed her but I just called it a night...

    We could of torched them 🤬 then and there but we gave em a pass.....

    I could of been apart of that tour but I wasn't diggin it so I fell back.....

    The clothin deal was a option but it wasn't my thing at the moment.....

    Lindsay Lohan was diggin me but I played it cool that night in the club.....

    I had the hammer on me but I seen dude didn't really want it so I just chilled.....


    A no 🤬 quick example of P's book....

  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013


    prodigy tellin the truth
  • JokerzWyld
    JokerzWyld Fazer o que você gosta é liberdade. Gostar do que você faz é felicidade Chocolate CityMembers Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    aneed123 wrote: »


    prodigy tellin the truth

    This is the video I was talking about. good drop
Sign In or Register to comment.