What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

Lupe Fiasco Linked To Drug Kingpin, Accused Of Hiding Millions From Gangster's Wife

2»

Comments

  • can'tyoutell
    can'tyoutell Members Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    KingGivBiz wrote: »
    Sounds fake as hell but you never know.

    Sounds like a 50 cent fan. Not everyone involved in the life glorifies it to take your money.
  • judahxulu
    judahxulu Members Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    antarticp wrote: »
    judahxulu wrote: »
    thats been a unspoken industry standard for a while...the most conscious dudes are or have been involved in the most. its like they spitting to escape that 🤬 while the fake 🤬 romanticize about it... i know the deal but im not going to dry snitch on ahh. dude is thorough though.. aint nobody just running up on lupe like that and that chick is just shooting at the moon tryna get a concillation prize but she know how deep it go

    thats how you can tell the real from the fake imo ... cause anyone who was really in that game ... and im mean IN IT ... would not glorify that life ... 24/7 paranoia ... and most are doing it JUST TO EAT anyway ... no one grows up thinking they want to sell death .......

    real 🤬 ... well now these kids do cause instead of it being a sub-section of rap that puts that overblown street stuff out there its basically the entire market except for that extra moist emo croon-rap 🤬 . a dude like me was 🤬 when i came of age to realize most them 🤬 were fake as hell that influenced me to throw rocks at the penitentiary and sell a few other kind of rocks and just assorted dumb 🤬 i cant take back. i still kinda grieve that big and pac got cut short so young cause both them had a way of painting the reality of it all when they got introspective..all they needed was to get away from their handlers and mature.. i bet money the streets would be more peaceful had them 🤬 made it to their 30's
  • devilbdevil
    devilbdevil Members Posts: 24 ✭✭
    Y'all late as hell. U act like when son was on trial they ain't have tapes of lupe discussin dope in codes on wiretaps but his lawyer said they was talkin bout music tracks. His mans ate the charge for a reason lmao
  • judahxulu
    judahxulu Members Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    blackrain wrote: »
    judahxulu wrote: »
    thats been a unspoken industry standard for a while...the most conscious dudes are or have been involved in the most. its like they spitting to escape that 🤬 while the fake 🤬 romanticize about it... i know the deal but im not going to dry snitch on ahh. dude is thorough though.. aint nobody just running up on lupe like that and that chick is just shooting at the moon tryna get a concillation prize but she know how deep it go

    Funny enough Nelly has always said the same thing when people ask him over his entire career why he never went the gun talk/drug talk route and he always said the same thing. Actually having been part of that life, he used music as his escape not a place to talk about all the 🤬 he was actually doing. Hell even in his Behind The Music it was still a bit surprising to hear him talking about running the streets the way he did
    yeah i heard he was kinda wild but then again on "country grammar" he was crooning about street sweepers and his earler stuff b4 he got signed is hella grimy
  • Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    judahxulu wrote: »
    antarticp wrote: »
    judahxulu wrote: »
    thats been a unspoken industry standard for a while...the most conscious dudes are or have been involved in the most. its like they spitting to escape that 🤬 while the fake 🤬 romanticize about it... i know the deal but im not going to dry snitch on ahh. dude is thorough though.. aint nobody just running up on lupe like that and that chick is just shooting at the moon tryna get a concillation prize but she know how deep it go

    thats how you can tell the real from the fake imo ... cause anyone who was really in that game ... and im mean IN IT ... would not glorify that life ... 24/7 paranoia ... and most are doing it JUST TO EAT anyway ... no one grows up thinking they want to sell death .......

    real 🤬 ... well now these kids do cause instead of it being a sub-section of rap that puts that overblown street stuff out there its basically the entire market except for that extra moist emo croon-rap 🤬 . a dude like me was 🤬 when i came of age to realize most them 🤬 were fake as hell that influenced me to throw rocks at the penitentiary and sell a few other kind of rocks and just assorted dumb 🤬 i cant take back. i still kinda grieve that big and pac got cut short so young cause both them had a way of painting the reality of it all when they got introspective..all they needed was to get away from their handlers and mature.. i bet money the streets would be more peaceful had them 🤬 made it to their 30's

    Yep. Street rap influenced people, from the hoods to middle class 2 parent homes, to do that grimey 🤬 . People who worship that 🤬 have no idea about that 🤬 .

  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael IC Hall Of Famer, LOT Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Lou Cypher wrote: »
    Wasnt his manager arrested for selling millions worth of Heroin?

    This whole spiritual 🤬 is just a front, word to Loon.

    Yea It's the manager that this story is about. Chilli Mack
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited September 2013
    judahxulu wrote: »
    antarticp wrote: »
    judahxulu wrote: »
    thats been a unspoken industry standard for a while...the most conscious dudes are or have been involved in the most. its like they spitting to escape that 🤬 while the fake 🤬 romanticize about it... i know the deal but im not going to dry snitch on ahh. dude is thorough though.. aint nobody just running up on lupe like that and that chick is just shooting at the moon tryna get a concillation prize but she know how deep it go

    thats how you can tell the real from the fake imo ... cause anyone who was really in that game ... and im mean IN IT ... would not glorify that life ... 24/7 paranoia ... and most are doing it JUST TO EAT anyway ... no one grows up thinking they want to sell death .......

    real 🤬 ... well now these kids do cause instead of it being a sub-section of rap that puts that overblown street stuff out there its basically the entire market except for that extra moist emo croon-rap 🤬 . a dude like me was 🤬 when i came of age to realize most them 🤬 were fake as hell that influenced me to throw rocks at the penitentiary and sell a few other kind of rocks and just assorted dumb 🤬 i cant take back. i still kinda grieve that big and pac got cut short so young cause both them had a way of painting the reality of it all when they got introspective..all they needed was to get away from their handlers and mature.. i bet money the streets would be more peaceful had them 🤬 made it to their 30's

    It's music entertainment. Anyone who ever took them 100% seriously wasn't too bright in the first place. If listening to rappers influenced you to go out and start committing crimes you had a weak ass will to begin with and would have done something stupid regardless. I never understood that 🤬 . How off are you to listen to a rap song and think "Yeah I got to go get it like these 🤬 . They really out here hustling but somehow manage to make albums and tour at the same time". 🤬 just doesn't even sound logical
  • judahxulu
    judahxulu Members Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    blackrain wrote: »
    judahxulu wrote: »
    antarticp wrote: »
    judahxulu wrote: »
    thats been a unspoken industry standard for a while...the most conscious dudes are or have been involved in the most. its like they spitting to escape that 🤬 while the fake 🤬 romanticize about it... i know the deal but im not going to dry snitch on ahh. dude is thorough though.. aint nobody just running up on lupe like that and that chick is just shooting at the moon tryna get a concillation prize but she know how deep it go

    thats how you can tell the real from the fake imo ... cause anyone who was really in that game ... and im mean IN IT ... would not glorify that life ... 24/7 paranoia ... and most are doing it JUST TO EAT anyway ... no one grows up thinking they want to sell death .......

    real 🤬 ... well now these kids do cause instead of it being a sub-section of rap that puts that overblown street stuff out there its basically the entire market except for that extra moist emo croon-rap 🤬 . a dude like me was 🤬 when i came of age to realize most them 🤬 were fake as hell that influenced me to throw rocks at the penitentiary and sell a few other kind of rocks and just assorted dumb 🤬 i cant take back. i still kinda grieve that big and pac got cut short so young cause both them had a way of painting the reality of it all when they got introspective..all they needed was to get away from their handlers and mature.. i bet money the streets would be more peaceful had them 🤬 made it to their 30's

    It's music entertainment. Anyone who ever took them 100% seriously wasn't too bright in the first place. If listening to rappers influenced you to go out and start committing crimes you had a weak ass will to begin with and would have done something stupid regardless. I never understood that 🤬 . How off are you to listen to a rap song and think "Yeah I got to go get it like these 🤬 . They really out here hustling but somehow manage to make albums and tour at the same time". 🤬 just doesn't even sound logical

    1) because the reality is its been generations of 🤬 growing up without functional parents to filter that type of 🤬

    2) the parents be bumping the same 🤬

    3) 🤬 its a whole lifestyle and culture implicated that rap music is part of.. 🤬 its words in the English dictionary now that were coined in rap.... 🤬 jay-z owns a COLOR 🤬 ... that 🤬 bigger than music.. its about cultural influence at the end of the day... social engineering

    4) its not just about the music but SPECIFIC tactics use to drill it in peoples psyche...especially young children..mufuckas been doing studies for decades on how all kknds of genres of music affect biological, cognitive and developmental processses so your commentary is a huge fail. no way in hell you can listgen to words over music and repeat it over and over and the 🤬 dont affect how you think. 🤬 thats science
  • SnuffDaddy
    SnuffDaddy Members Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smh at the ignorance in here. 🤬 in here talking bout Lupe being a gangsta. Hip-hop looove doing that 🤬 . They want 🤬 to rap 🤬 , when they do they just want any reason to call them fake. Then 🤬 who dont rap about it they immediately wanna make them something they not.

    Have Lupe been around it? Surely. But 🤬 in here clearly dont understand music business if you think dude a gangsta because of this lmao. 🤬 like this happens ALL THE TIME, from the "FAKEST" of the "fakest" rappers to what you call the "realest". This doesnt mean 🤬 .

    I know 🤬 finna say "i heard Lupe used to put in work tho"..🤬 please. Was he around? Maybe small-timing? Yeah. But 🤬 really overcompensating it too much.

    This happens ALL THE TIME with MANY entertainers, not just music business. This is how MANY get ON in return for a DEAL/A WAY IN/STREET BACKUP or whatever. Nothng new. Its favors to that gangsta 🤬 . Doesnt mean Lupe is a gangsta. Not just cuz he a rapper but even alotta dudes from the hood or gangs. Entertainment business/sport business is FULL of organized crimes and has been for years.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Queer LGBT CommunityMembers Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭



    he holding 9 mil for Chilly? damnnnn

    I push kis like dragon ball z
    See what I'm saiyan?
  • judahxulu
    judahxulu Members Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SnuffDaddy wrote: »
    Smh at the ignorance in here. 🤬 in here talking bout Lupe being a gangsta. Hip-hop looove doing that 🤬 . They want 🤬 to rap 🤬 , when they do they just want any reason to call them fake. Then 🤬 who dont rap about it they immediately wanna make them something they not.

    Have Lupe been around it? Surely. But 🤬 in here clearly dont understand music business if you think dude a gangsta because of this lmao. 🤬 like this happens ALL THE TIME, from the "FAKEST" of the "fakest" rappers to what you call the "realest". This doesnt mean 🤬 .

    I know 🤬 finna say "i heard Lupe used to put in work tho"..🤬 please. Was he around? Maybe small-timing? Yeah. But 🤬 really overcompensating it too much.

    This happens ALL THE TIME with MANY entertainers, not just music business. This is how MANY get ON in return for a DEAL/A WAY IN/STREET BACKUP or whatever. Nothng new. Its favors to that gangsta 🤬 . Doesnt mean Lupe is a gangsta. Not just cuz he a rapper but even alotta dudes from the hood or gangs. Entertainment business/sport business is FULL of organized crimes and has been for years.

    he's not a gangsta but he has somewhat of a reputation.. the Chicago context of all that is hard for someone from the outside to comprehend... i dont know if what they endeavored to do is admirable or hypocritical tho honestly... he does a lot of charity/community stuff too but at the same time a lot of the murder in the chi are behind that dog food -not 🤬 ... so much money in it and the fiends are way more dangerous than crackheads.. you could get stuck up by one, cooperate and they STILL shoot you just cause theyre dopesick. perhaps lupe is that link to real life for chill that helps him soothe his conscience
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    judahxulu wrote: »
    blackrain wrote: »
    judahxulu wrote: »
    antarticp wrote: »
    judahxulu wrote: »
    thats been a unspoken industry standard for a while...the most conscious dudes are or have been involved in the most. its like they spitting to escape that 🤬 while the fake 🤬 romanticize about it... i know the deal but im not going to dry snitch on ahh. dude is thorough though.. aint nobody just running up on lupe like that and that chick is just shooting at the moon tryna get a concillation prize but she know how deep it go

    thats how you can tell the real from the fake imo ... cause anyone who was really in that game ... and im mean IN IT ... would not glorify that life ... 24/7 paranoia ... and most are doing it JUST TO EAT anyway ... no one grows up thinking they want to sell death .......

    real 🤬 ... well now these kids do cause instead of it being a sub-section of rap that puts that overblown street stuff out there its basically the entire market except for that extra moist emo croon-rap 🤬 . a dude like me was 🤬 when i came of age to realize most them 🤬 were fake as hell that influenced me to throw rocks at the penitentiary and sell a few other kind of rocks and just assorted dumb 🤬 i cant take back. i still kinda grieve that big and pac got cut short so young cause both them had a way of painting the reality of it all when they got introspective..all they needed was to get away from their handlers and mature.. i bet money the streets would be more peaceful had them 🤬 made it to their 30's

    It's music entertainment. Anyone who ever took them 100% seriously wasn't too bright in the first place. If listening to rappers influenced you to go out and start committing crimes you had a weak ass will to begin with and would have done something stupid regardless. I never understood that 🤬 . How off are you to listen to a rap song and think "Yeah I got to go get it like these 🤬 . They really out here hustling but somehow manage to make albums and tour at the same time". 🤬 just doesn't even sound logical

    1) because the reality is its been generations of 🤬 growing up without functional parents to filter that type of 🤬

    2) the parents be bumping the same 🤬

    3) 🤬 its a whole lifestyle and culture implicated that rap music is part of.. 🤬 its words in the English dictionary now that were coined in rap.... 🤬 jay-z owns a COLOR 🤬 ... that 🤬 bigger than music.. its about cultural influence at the end of the day... social engineering

    4) its not just about the music but SPECIFIC tactics use to drill it in peoples psyche...especially young children..mufuckas been doing studies for decades on how all kknds of genres of music affect biological, cognitive and developmental processses so your commentary is a huge fail. no way in hell you can listgen to words over music and repeat it over and over and the 🤬 dont affect how you think. 🤬 thats science

    At some point you know the difference between right and wrong. I'm not denying the influence it can have, but to have that massive of one to determine the path your life takes is where I disagree. Especially in a culture like hip-hop where the people influence what the artists do most often and not vice versa. If you don't got enough sense to see that 🤬 people talking about in music isn't the real world by a certain age then you got nobody to blame but yourself. It ain't like drugs and guns came along after rap music. This 🤬 been around long before hip hop ever existed and people were breaking the laws long before someone put the formula for making any drug you can think of in the form of a 16 bar verse. You're right when you say it's bigger than the music. Criminal culture ain't new, it's the American way all the way back to it's inception so I'm not about to put the blame on hip-hop for people doing 🤬 their circumstances may have led them to do whether they heard 1,000,000 rap songs or 0.
  • rooster_cogburn
    rooster_cogburn Members Posts: 794 ✭✭✭✭
    judahxulu wrote: »
    blackrain wrote: »
    judahxulu wrote: »
    thats been a unspoken industry standard for a while...the most conscious dudes are or have been involved in the most. its like they spitting to escape that 🤬 while the fake 🤬 romanticize about it... i know the deal but im not going to dry snitch on ahh. dude is thorough though.. aint nobody just running up on lupe like that and that chick is just shooting at the moon tryna get a concillation prize but she know how deep it go

    Funny enough Nelly has always said the same thing when people ask him over his entire career why he never went the gun talk/drug talk route and he always said the same thing. Actually having been part of that life, he used music as his escape not a place to talk about all the 🤬 he was actually doing. Hell even in his Behind The Music it was still a bit surprising to hear him talking about running the streets the way he did
    yeah i heard he was kinda wild but then again on "country grammar" he was crooning about street sweepers and his earler stuff b4 he got signed is hella grimy

    Damn, never knew bout the homie Lupe getting his hands 🤬 , but thinking about it, I believe yall 🤬 . He dont glorify that type of 🤬 for nothing, there is a reason lying behind why he talks about positive 🤬 , or something that just make you think, period. If my 🤬 catch a case, but im still out, making this cake, then yea, ima hold somethin for the homie that nobody else gon know about.

    But yea, that 🤬 Nelly certified around here in STL. He & my patna grew up in the same spot on the northside(Labadie & St. Louis ave). The northside is the most crime-ridden area we have around here, slightly ahead of East St Louis. I grew up about 4-5min away on Natural Bridge & Shreve. The song "Natural Bridge & Kingshighway" was a hood anthem for a reason. Its was ALWAYS & still is somebody getting knocked over there.

    Back when them 🤬 was trying to get on in the mid-90's, they were doing w/e it took to feed the fam til the music popped off. I remember soooo many stories back in HS in 99-03 bout him & his crew, so I always chuckled when i would come on the IC & read 🤬 calling him soft.
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Hypocrite The BashmentMembers Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soft 🤬 hang around gangstas... That don't make them gangsta... Ijs
  • Lincoln
    Lincoln Members Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭✭✭
    he gonna turn it into a line or two. slr 4 coming real soon
  • MF_Doomerville
    MF_Doomerville Members Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You've got the juice now, lupe. No 🤬 .
  • Pervis
    Pervis Members Posts: 338 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2013
    But yea, that 🤬 Nelly certified around here in STL. He & my patna grew up in the same spot on the northside(Labadie & St. Louis ave). The northside is the most crime-ridden area we have around here, slightly ahead of East St Louis. I grew up about 4-5min away on Natural Bridge & Shreve. The song "Natural Bridge & Kingshighway" was a hood anthem for a reason. Its was ALWAYS & still is somebody getting knocked over there.

    Back when them 🤬 was trying to get on in the mid-90's, they were doing w/e it took to feed the fam til the music popped off. I remember soooo many stories back in HS in 99-03 bout him & his crew, so I always chuckled when i would come on the IC & read 🤬 calling him soft.


    Yup, another example of why you should never judge a book by its cover. And if u do then youre a 🤬 damn fool.
  • TB.Boy
    TB.Boy Members Posts: 553 ✭✭✭
    This revelations gives a whole new meaning to kick push.